PDA

View Full Version : Main Story on Drudge! Now we see the result of poll "calls"

rp08rp
12-07-2007, 07:16 PM
Huckabee Surges, Obama Gains in Iowa

The new NEWSWEEK poll shows the former Arkansas governor now has a two-to-one lead over Romney, while Barack improves against Hillary.
By Michael Hirsh
Newsweek Web Exclusive
Updated: 3:50 PM ET Dec 7, 2007

Former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee has vaulted over his major GOP challengers to take a commanding lead in the race to win the Iowa caucuses, while Barack Obama continues to edge ahead of Hillary Clinton among Democrats likely to participate, a new NEWSWEEK poll shows.

The most dramatic result to come out of the poll, which is based on telephone interviews with 1,408 registered Iowa voters on Dec. 5 and 6, is Huckabee's emergence from the shadows of the GOP race into the front runner's spot in just two months. The ordained Southern Baptist minister now leads Romney by a two-to-one margin, 39 percent to 17 percent, among likely GOP caucus-goers. In the last NEWSWEEK survey, conducted Sept. 26-27, Huckabee polled a mere 6 percent to Romney's 25 percent, which then led the field.

Huckabee has also opened up a wide margin over the next three leading candidates, who all show signs of fading in Iowa: Rudy Giuliani, who dropped from 15 percent in the last survey to 9 percent in the current one; Fred Thompson, who fell from 16 percent to 10 percent; and John McCain, who slipped from 7 percent to 6 percent. "You rarely see anything like [Huckabee's surge]," says Larry Hugick, who directed the polling for Princeton Survey Research Associates. Hugick added that the reason has as much to do with a leeriness of the other candidates among Republican voters as Huckabee's folksy success on the stump. "He's filling a vacuum," Hugick said. "Nobody on the Republican side was getting strong support."

Mister Grieves
12-07-2007, 07:22 PM
The way the pollsters and msm shift around the numbers between one candidate to the next so quickly shows how ludicrous it is to take these things seriously. I really believe they are panicking about Paul's impending, and current, successes (that they've tried to stimy the whole time) and as a result they are getting very sloppy.

It would all be very amusing if it didn't scare the hell out of me that so many people fall for these shills.

jasonoliver
12-07-2007, 07:40 PM
You can reach Michael Hirsh at 202-626-2000 x4477 - Be forewarned he is an Asshat

Midnight77
12-07-2007, 08:23 PM
The way the pollsters and msm shift around the numbers between one candidate to the next so quickly shows how ludicrous it is to take these things seriously. I really believe they are panicking about Paul's impending, and current, successes (that they've tried to stimy the whole time) and as a result they are getting very sloppy.

It would all be very amusing if it didn't scare the hell out of me that so many people fall for these shills.

I agree. Huckabee got an almost miraculous push in the polls overnight. All bogus. Mainstream Media has lost control.

We are truly in a Revolution. In every sense of the word.

sharedvoice
12-07-2007, 08:42 PM
Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPpCvF7N3Vg