PDA

View Full Version : Kerry expresses reservations about all-volunteer U.S. military

Suzanimal
04-28-2016, 06:06 PM
U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said on Wednesday he feels all Americans should find a way to serve their country, suggesting the need for a renewal in public service that could also affect the military.

"I have deep reservations about just an all-volunteer military," Kerry said at a forum on the Vietnam War at the University of Texas in Austin.

"There should be shared responsibility among all Americans," he said. "I think that is one of the best ways you don’t have wars."

Kerry also said numerous deployments overseas under the current system placed enormous burdens on military families.

"Every American ought to find a way to serve, somehow. It doesn’t have to be in the military. I like the idea that everybody ought to give back something," he said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-kerry-military-idUSKCN0XP080

ZENemy
04-28-2016, 06:52 PM
These people have lost their mind.

"There should be shared responsibility among all Americans," he said. "I think that is one of the best ways you don’t have wars."

lol is he Phuckin' serious?

specsaregood
04-28-2016, 06:56 PM
It is public service when you do it voluntarily. When you are forced to do it, it is slavery; you asshole.

pcosmar
04-28-2016, 07:00 PM

Unfortunately Yes. He is serious,, and he is also dishonest.

Brian4Liberty
04-28-2016, 07:03 PM
"I think that is one of the best ways you don’t have wars."

He may have a point. If there was a draft, there might be more protests and less armchair warriors...especially after all of these never-ending wars.

Uriel999
04-28-2016, 09:44 PM
When the Congress Critters and President themselves lead troops into battle I will support a draft...

Ronin Truth
04-29-2016, 09:14 AM
Probably just too many in the current army are figuring out that war is just a racket.

PierzStyx
04-29-2016, 01:53 PM
What a change from when he was protesting war and the military back during Vietnam. HOw unsurprising. Those in power want more of it. What better way than to subject every American to even further brainwashing through "basic training"?

oyarde
04-29-2016, 05:25 PM
Drafting people is how you end up with duds like Kerry , so if I was a General , I would be opposed.

Ender
04-29-2016, 05:38 PM
These people have lost their mind.

Of course he is. But the only way to not have wars is to make sure that congressmen and families are first in line.

ZENemy
04-29-2016, 07:40 PM
Of course he is. But the only way to not have wars is to make sure that congressmen and families are first in line.

Too true!

Im not a fan of Micheal Moore but his segment were he asked congressmen to sign their kids up for military service really makes your point.

Cleaner44
04-29-2016, 08:04 PM
It is public service when you do it voluntarily. When you are forced to do it, it is slavery; you $#@!.

Exactly!