PDA

View Full Version : The "Land Force Ron" Project

The Plan
12-07-2007, 06:56 PM
OK peoples.......

The blimp thing as crazy as it sounds is obviously turning out to be a stroke of genius and is getting Ron in the news. I originally thought it was a crazy idea but i was obviously waaaayyy wrong, but i plan to throw another one out at you that just could be quite as crazy and weird. Bear with me :)

How about we rent an Elephant, paint it red white and blue with a giant Ron Paul ad on the side, parade him around the warmer states in major cities and name it "Land Force Ron". It has to be cheaper than a blimp and it's almost as goofy. Maybe we could sell people bags of peanuts to feed it for $5 a piece and call the drive "Peanuts for Peace".

celticsman7
12-07-2007, 06:59 PM
I love it. I just hope we're not making this campaign into a laughing-stock.

dsentell
12-07-2007, 07:01 PM
PETA would be on our a _ _ for painting an elephant. . . . .

constitutional
12-07-2007, 07:01 PM
I love it. I just hope we're not making this campaign into a laughing-stock.

ditto. I oppose this idea. It's too... laughable even if we are successful in getting an elephant on the street.

CavortingChicken
12-07-2007, 07:03 PM
I wouldn't want to be painted red white and blue and fed peanuts as children laugh at me.

Good idea, but havn't you seen those clips of elephants turning on trainers/ crowds of ppl, that could be bad for everyone.

Lucid American
12-07-2007, 07:07 PM
Yeah, I think the campaign now has its mascot.

Good idea, but yes, I don't want the spotlight to shift too much further off the candidate.

Next special project should involve a prime time 1/2 hour special on Ron Paul, aired on a major network.

rory096
12-07-2007, 07:09 PM
Hold on, this is a joke, right?

The Plan
12-07-2007, 07:09 PM
Well it doesn't have to be paint, it could just be a huge sign draped over both sides. If the circus can do it why not us?

If you're seriously worried about people laughing at us then i don't know how you can sleep at night because they already started that months ago.

ronpaulyourmom
12-07-2007, 07:10 PM
+1 for creativity

but you've obviously lost your mind. :) I'm laughing so hard right now.

piotr1
12-07-2007, 07:11 PM
Lol, i don't know about an elephant but how about a big Semi Truck totally decked out that could serve as a mobile ron paul freedom command center!

TechnoGuyRob
12-07-2007, 07:11 PM
AMAZING IDEA!!! This might get even more publicity than the blimp!!!

What is WRONG with you people? We should do this! :D

EDIT: The RonPaulophant! :D

EDIT2: I believe this zoo rents its animals: http://www.lazoo.org/animals/mammals/asianelephant/index.html

Mark Rushmore
12-07-2007, 07:13 PM
Do the old Blimp rules apply? We donate and we get to ride on it? ;)

MS0453
12-07-2007, 07:13 PM
How exactly does one march an elephant through major cities? Just right over the cars?

Lol, i don't know about an elephant but how about a big Semi Truck totally decked out that could serve as a mobile ron paul freedom command center!

That idea I like.

The Plan
12-07-2007, 07:16 PM

Yeah but why would that ever make the news? It's a truck, not a big ass elephant. People see trucks all the time. Besides, the Elephant would have to travel in a big truck anyways so the two ideas could be combined. :)

The Plan
12-07-2007, 07:17 PM
How exactly does one march an elephant through major cities? Just right over the cars?

All we would really have to do is take it to the park. People would come to the elephant with their kids.

GeorgiaRPFan
12-07-2007, 07:22 PM
The common method for training an elephant is torturing it with a sharp hook-like tool called a bullhook. This is not just a practice for third world countries, it's used often by circuses in the US. I don't think we should support this practice by using a live elephant this way. Just youtube "elephant training" for a plethora of these type of videos. Here's one - Elephant Abuse under the Big Top at Ringling Bros.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_CKxNpnP5pM&feature=related

This one is another US circus, making the elephants scream with the hook.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=S7u1uTNdp2c

And how do they get elephants to let people ride them? Oh yeah, drag them around by the bullhook:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=SMlS3KG7nRM

Had enough? I think this is a TERRIBLE idea.

10thAmendmentMan
12-07-2007, 07:22 PM
Elephant is a bad idea. Just pay a morbidly obese guy to sit on a cart and be wheeled around by a few volunteers. You can paint him the festive colors and you can probably even get him to shout out a few slogans.

The Plan
12-07-2007, 07:27 PM
The common method for training an elephant is torturing it with a sharp hook-like tool. This is not just a practice for third world countries, it's used often by circuses in the US. I don't think we should support this practice by using a live elephant this way. Just youtube "elephant training" for a plethora of these type of videos. Here's one - Elephant Abuse under the Big Top at Ringling Bros.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_CKxNpnP5pM&feature=related

If we partnered with a zoo that doesn't torture the elephants maybe we can split the money with them as a donation to the save the elephants fund or somthing. Who knows......
This could serve multiple purposes and explain how public activism is more important than government funded programs and put into action one of the principals of the man himself. Demonstrate the free market at work......

The Plan
12-07-2007, 07:29 PM
Elephant is a bad idea. Just pay a morbidly obese guy to sit on a cart and be wheeled around by a few volunteers. You can paint him the festive colors and you can probably even get him to shout out a few slogans.

"The Couch Potato Brigade"

We could have him shout out the color of the threat level for the day while he watches Fox News.

10thAmendmentMan
12-07-2007, 07:31 PM
"The Couch Potato Brigade"

We could have him shout out the color of the threat level for the day while he watches Fox News.

May I subscribe to your newsletter, sir?

DarkLaw
12-07-2007, 07:32 PM

BWAHAHAHA GENIUS!
Must have some old mashed potatoes on his shirt and be mildly drunk, though.

GeorgiaRPFan
12-07-2007, 07:35 PM
If we partnered with a zoo that doesn't torture the elephants maybe we can split the money with them as a donation to the save the elephants fund or somthing. Who knows......
This could serve multiple purposes and explain how public activism is more important than government funded programs and put into action one of the principals of the man himself. Demonstrate the free market at work......

Zoo elephants aren't trained to perform, they're just allowed to be elephants in their habitat. To get an elephant to do what you want requires that they be trained, and the only way I know of that this is done is with the bullhook or electro prod. Ron Paul doesn't support torture; we shouldn't either.

The Plan
12-07-2007, 07:41 PM
Zoo elephants aren't trained to perform, they're just allowed to be elephants in their habitat. To get an elephant to do what you want requires that they be trained, and the only way I know of that this is done is with the bullhook or electro prod. Ron Paul doesn't support torture; we shouldn't either.

The zoo's sometimes have rescued elephants, so by using a zoo how would we be supporting animal torture? If a portion of the proceeds went to elephant rescue what would be the problem?

GeorgiaRPFan
12-07-2007, 07:46 PM
I just think it's a bad idea even if it is a rescue. I've never heard of a zoo that lets its animal participate in a parade type event.

ColinCohen
12-07-2007, 07:46 PM
I wanted to vote for both options.

Pharoah
12-07-2007, 07:47 PM
I like some aspects of this idea, but it seems vulnerable to spin. eg. the animal rights angle. Also, I hope I'm wrong, but I'm expecting opponents of Ron Paul to rush out a bunch of legislation trying to prevent the use of aircraft/elephants from being used anywhere.

OferNave
12-07-2007, 07:55 PM
There's a fine line between insane/brilliant and insane/insane.

CurtisLow
12-07-2007, 08:04 PM
http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/7348/chimpanzeec11768045nr1.jpg
How about an army of monkeys
riding pitbulls circling the White house?

lol :D

GeorgiaRPFan
12-07-2007, 08:07 PM
There's a fine line between insane/brilliant and insane/insane.

insane/brilliant = Ron Paul

insane/insane = Kucinich

davidhperry
12-07-2007, 08:22 PM
ditto. I oppose this idea. It's too... laughable even if we are successful in getting an elephant on the street.

I agree. I have an open mind and I'm not a hater but I think we should bring the PR stunts only so far. With the blimp off the ground at this point, we should focus on the GOTV effort and the Tea Party. Let's focus our time on the fundraiser for the next eight days. After then, the sky is the limit. :)

1000-points-of-fright
12-07-2007, 08:26 PM
Then we can get a whale and call it Sea Force Ron?:rolleyes:

the_oco
12-07-2007, 08:26 PM
Pretty sure that this idea came from Wonkette, in the comments from yesterday when they were lampooning us for the blimp idea saying it will never fly. I'm sure screenshots of this thread will appear there shortly. very interesting poster

hasan
12-07-2007, 08:31 PM
nuts...

max
12-07-2007, 09:01 PM
if the brief history of this movement teaches us anything..it is this...

IGNORE THE NAYSAYERS!

these are the exactly the type of bold and creative stuff that will get us to the top...when u get an idea...just run with it. If u allow the naysayers to comment endlessly you will lose your motivation

the elephant is the symbol of the GOP so this is perfect!...

The Plan
12-07-2007, 10:37 PM
Well so far "Land Force Ron" is higher in the polls that Ron Paul. I feel a victory coming on!!!!

I'm convinced the GOP has broken into the forums and is slanting the polls. I'm writing an angry e-mail with all my might right now

The Plan
12-08-2007, 08:49 AM
Where's your sense of adventure?

theswedishchef
12-08-2007, 09:16 AM
I wouldn't want to be painted red white and blue and fed peanuts as children laugh at me.

Good idea, but havn't you seen those clips of elephants turning on trainers/ crowds of ppl, that could be bad for everyone.

I wouldnt mind that.....UMMMM peanuts:D

krott5333
12-08-2007, 10:06 AM
Hahahahhahahaa

hawkeyenick
12-08-2007, 10:17 AM
PETA would be on our a _ _ for painting an elephant. . . . .

PETA is a terrorist organization...they firebomb their adversaries...what's your point?

boondoggle
12-08-2007, 10:21 AM

Agreed. Let's keep the spotlight on Ron and not us or PETA.

JacobLyles
12-08-2007, 10:24 AM
Where's the "you obviously done lost your DAMN mind, fool!" option?

Chester Copperpot
12-08-2007, 10:25 AM
yeah no paint.. drape a flag over it or something.. though I like the blimp mascot and the idea of dozens of little blimps all over the place...

disciple
12-08-2007, 10:26 AM
I think it is a brilliant idea. I like it.

yaz
12-08-2007, 10:29 AM
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc57/yazproductions/landforceron.jpg

JacobLyles
12-08-2007, 10:35 AM
There will be a media circus.

Arklatex
12-08-2007, 10:41 AM
How about we parade him around over our shoulder in one of those ancient prince carriers?? What are those things called... :D

tonyTheBest
12-08-2007, 10:45 AM
Come on guys,
This is crazy and I like it. Make it happen.
I don't know about the legality of letting an elephant running on the street.
How much does it cost to rent an elephant?

DirtMcGirt
12-08-2007, 10:45 AM
maybe with a banner draped over him, can't paint him though... lol... what if he stepped on someone... maybe not such a good idea...

bulloncoins
12-08-2007, 10:56 AM
When I was a kid growing up in San Angelo, a new supermarket opened and had an elephant in the parking lot to attrack people to the grand opening.

Stomped his trainer into a pool of blood in front of a whole crowd of people and kids.

True story.

Travis

JenaS62
12-08-2007, 11:04 AM
Absolutely not. Elephants are not in to being painted and paraded around town. Give them a break already.

Lexx78
12-08-2007, 11:11 AM

It's not a CIRCUS!

It is a tea party :)

Cindy
12-08-2007, 11:23 AM
PETA is a terrorist organization...they firebomb their adversaries...what's your point?

The world is full of animal rights advocates and activists, that DO NOT agree with the tactics of PETA. This idea would upset a lot more people then just those affiliated with PETA.

What would be cool is a fleet of Ron Paul electric cars , touring the nation, showing off how great recent technology has made them- 300 miles to a 12 minute charge up- 14 cents, 0-60 in 4.2 seconds.

Paul talks about how the government subsidies for oil are blocking the way for alternatives to heavily enter the market place.

Just a thought.

I can put up more info if anyone sees any merit to this. I think we should start thinking along the lines of Big grass roots efforts that demonstrate what things could be like under Pauls leadership.

Lexx78
12-08-2007, 11:39 AM
and I am against painting elephants and using them like a freak show cause they belong in AFRICA.

(btw anyone willing to shoot such an animal just for the hunt and ivory is imo a sick puppy.)

Ok I think made my point now :rolleyes:

I am strongly against it.

The Plan
12-08-2007, 11:42 AM
I'm sorry to break it to you all because i know you all were working hard to make this happen but here's the deal:

We will never have the Vegan vote. Ron paul supports peoples right to have guns and hunt. I have a hard time believing that a peta member would ever want to vote for Ron Paul anyways. Anybody who puts the importance of animals over that of humans is a moron regardless. I agree that we shouldn't rape nature of everything and just kill animals for trophies but anybody who would throw a fit over this is a straight up moron. I don't know about the rest of you but i hunt, not for elephants but i hunt every year and i don't waist a thing. hell if you guys think it's such a big deal what these guys think about something like this why don't we just ask them? I'm sure if we used the opportunity to promote the concept of charitable giving to save the habitat of elephants wht would these people have to complain about? The money wouldn't even have to go to Ron, it could all go to causes like this. Ron would still get the coverage. Peta are hippocrites anyways because if they were really all about it then they would eat food only harvested by man and not tractors that burn fossil fuels that contribute to "global warming" and threaten the habitats ove animals everywhere. Why don't they protest natural selection, it's killed more species and habitats throughout history than anything.

Lexx78
12-08-2007, 11:42 AM
What would be cool is a fleet of Ron Paul electric cars , touring the nation, showing off how great recent technology has made them- 300 miles to a 12 minute charge up- 14 cents, 0-60 in 4.2 seconds.

I guess you meant the Tesla roadster

http://xenocide-rpg.com/pics/cars/Tesla_roadster1_440.jpg

http://www.teslamotors.com/

I think it's a great idea :D

Lexx78
12-08-2007, 11:46 AM
I agree that we shouldn't rape nature of everything and just kill animals for trophies

Thx and I am not against hunting, we humans have done it for millenia.

btw I am more carnivore than omnivore :D

rrcamp
12-08-2007, 11:47 AM
When I was a kid growing up in San Angelo, a new supermarket opened and had an elephant in the parking lot to attrack people to the grand opening.

Stomped his trainer into a pool of blood in front of a whole crowd of people and kids.

True story.

Travis

Hahahahahaha

I love you guys... I laugh more in these forums than when I read Fark

The Plan
12-08-2007, 11:48 AM
and I am against painting elephants and using them like a freak show cause they belong in AFRICA.

(btw anyone willing to shoot such an animal just for the hunt and ivory is imo a sick puppy.)

Ok I think made my point now :rolleyes:

I am strongly against it.

I don't think i said anything about shooting it.....

Cindy
12-08-2007, 11:51 AM
I'm sorry to break it to you all because i know you all were working hard to make this happen but here's the deal:

We will never have the Vegan vote. Ron paul supports peoples right to have guns and hunt. I have a hard time believing that a peta member would ever want to vote for Ron Paul anyways. Anybody who puts the importance of animals over that of humans is a moron regardless. I agree that we shouldn't rape nature of everything and just kill animals for trophies but anybody who would throw a fit over this is a straight up moron. I don't know about the rest of you but i hunt, not for elephants but i hunt every year and i don't waist a thing. hell if you guys think it's such a big deal what these guys think about something like this why don't we just ask them? I'm sure if we used the opportunity to promote the concept of charitable giving to save the habitat of elephants wht would these people have to complain about? The money wouldn't even have to go to Ron, it could all go to causes like this. Ron would still get the coverage. Peta are hippocrites anyways because if they were really all about it then they would eat food only harvested by man and not tractors that burn fossil fuels that contribute to "global warming" and threaten the habitats ove animals everywhere. Why don't they protest natural selection, it's killed more species and habitats throughout history than anything.

BS, I'm a vegetarian and for animal rights ( not a fan of Peta) and I am a strong Paul supporter. There are tons of us at another political forum as well.

A lot of us Paul supporters and potential supports not clear on where Paul stands with environmental issues "animals included" would be really turned off by that.

Thats why I love the fleet of Ron Paul electric cars idea. We'll draw in all of the greenies and environmentalists. Paul will remove the blocks standing in the way of mass production of alternative energy sources.

The Plan
12-08-2007, 12:01 PM
BS, I'm a vegetarian and for animal rights ( not a fan of Peta) and I am a strong Paul supporter. There are tons of us at another political forum as well.

A lot of us Paul supporters and potential supports not clear on where Paul stands with environmental issues "animals included" would be really turned off by that.

Thats why I love the fleet of Ron Paul electric cars idea. We'll draw in all of the greenies and environmentalists. Paul will remove the blocks standing in the way of mass production of alternative energy sources.

If you are serious about that wouldn't you lobby the campaign to drive only hybrids then first? I think it would look like pandering if you guys did this out of nowhere.

orion846
12-08-2007, 12:05 PM
i didnt read the entire thread, only OP

but um... no, in every language imaginable, no.

FrankRep
12-08-2007, 01:08 PM
Animal cruelty.

+1 creativity

-1 Bad PR

BlueGecko
12-08-2007, 01:14 PM
Please no

PETA scares me....

Plus elephants are the easiest animal to keep healthy

Ball
12-08-2007, 01:32 PM
Don't we already have the Granny Warriors and their mascot?

pacelli
12-08-2007, 01:38 PM
I like the phrase, "Land Force Ron" but I disagree with using animals as a political tool for our candidate.

If you really want to go with the "Land Force Ron" idea, how about if meetup groups around the country choose a date in which each meetup group caravans around their nearest big city with their vehicles decked out in Ron Paul regalia? You could coordinate it so that it coincides with other large outdoor public events.

Cindy
12-08-2007, 06:49 PM
I guess you meant the Tesla roadster

http://xenocide-rpg.com/pics/cars/Tesla_roadster1_440.jpg

http://www.teslamotors.com/

I think it's a great idea :D

I think you grabbed from the wavelength I pulled this from too. :cool:

Imagine a fleet of those, along with other models airbrished in Ron Paul graphix , driving around primary states stopping in busy parking lots, doing press conferences getting lots of attention, and the chance to explain where Ron Paul stands with how to handle environmental problems and why in the year 2008 we are still driving gas guzzlers in the U.S. ( subsidies-lobby's making it hard for alternative energy to enter the market place. Paul has given some good speeches on this in the past)

A company in West pal Beech will convert any car to electric. They specialize in luxury and high end sports cars though.

Anyone see the movie " What happened to the electric Car?" I'll post a link later. It's horrible what happened in California. An Oil/Gas lobby group got GM to repo them all. They were affordable, people loved them, they were selling like hot cakes and they got repo'd and destroyed.

I'll put togther a post on the overall idea in the next 24 hours with lots of cool links.

The Plan said:If you are serious about that wouldn't you lobby the campaign to drive only hybrids then first? I think it would look like pandering if you guys did this out of nowhere.

That's a great idea. That alone could attract a lot of environmentalists to Pauls campaign. How many of you know that Paul is on an environmental committee in his home town. He does care. He use to want to be a Forest Ranger.

Ultimately, if this is a grassroots idea, it can fly independent of what the official campaign is doing.

dircha
12-08-2007, 06:55 PM
Being cruel to animals sucks.

Eric23
12-08-2007, 07:13 PM
Lol!

integrity
12-08-2007, 07:17 PM
how about a Paulephant.....

greves
12-08-2007, 07:50 PM
Hahaha I got halfway through Page 2 and I'm laughing so hard I just had to bump this amazing thread. Hahahaha!!