PDA

View Full Version : Entire kop force up-n-quits

tod evans
04-25-2016, 06:38 AM
This might actually be a decent town what with the weed laws and no kops...

From Drudge;

Residents of Colorado town baffled after entire police force suddenly quits

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/04/24/residents-of-colorado-town-baffled-after-entire-police-force-suddenly-quits/

If you find yourself in an emergency situation in Green Mountain Falls, Colo., don’t bother calling police.

In this scenic western hamlet, they no longer exist.

All four members of the 700-person town’s police force — Tim Bradley, the police chief, and three volunteer reserve officers — resigned April 14 because of an alleged policy dispute with the municipality’s newly elected mayor, according to Fox affiliate KXRM-TV.

Residents told the station that they weren’t exactly sure why the resignations occurred.

“Our marshal and three deputies quit, and that’s about all they said,” Ann Pinnell said. “We’ve had our hometown marshal for many, many years, so I sure hope we get another marshal in our town.”

A reporter from KXRM-TV who visited police headquarters was unable to get inside the building, which was empty and had the lights turned off. A town meeting summary hanging in the local post office states that Bradley’s resignation had been accepted, but it provides no other details, the station reported.

The town’s newly elected mayor, Jane Newberry, told the Colorado Springs Gazette that she didn’t learn about the resignations until an emergency meeting was held several days before she was sworn in. She characterized the sudden turnover as a routine byproduct of election-year politics and told KOAA that the idea that the resignations were tied to her election was merely “rumor.”

“In an election year, there’s always some people who choose to stay and some people who chose to go, and I think that happens at every level of government,” Newberry told KXRM-TV.

“He is pursuing other opportunities as I understand it, and good luck to him,” Newberry added, referring to Bradley.

Residents in need of emergency help are not without any outlets for assistance. The El Paso County and Teller County sheriff’s offices have decided to help with law enforcement by adding patrols in Green Mountain Falls, according to the Gazette.

Jackie Kirby, a spokeswoman for the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office, told the paper that the agency has for years provided dispatch service for Green Mountain Falls’s police and fire departments.

“We will answer calls for service there just like we would with any other district in the county,” she told the Gazette.

Residents told KXRM-TV that they are confident that the sheriff’s office will be able to keep them safe but are worried about local ordinances being enforced. That challenge may increase this summer, when the town’s population nearly doubles to 1,200.

Newberry told the station that the town plans to hire new police once a budget is in place.

“They should absolutely feel safe,” she said, referring to local residents. “I have every confidence in the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office. I always have, and there’s no reason anybody needs to worry. We are a small community, and it’s one of our advantages is we all look out for each other.”

presence
04-25-2016, 06:50 AM
they are confident that the sheriff’s office will be able to keep them safe but are worried about local ordinances being enforced

fuck a bunch of "ordinances"

tod evans
04-25-2016, 07:46 AM
fuck a bunch of "ordinances"

The busybodies can write all the ordnance's they want if there's nobody to enforce them....

oyarde
04-25-2016, 08:19 AM
If you get yourself enough ordnance they will not bother you with an ordinance .

tod evans
04-25-2016, 08:26 AM
If you get yourself enough ordnance they will not bother you with an ordinance .

Fuggin' spellcheck.....:o

presence
04-25-2016, 08:34 AM
Fuggin' spellcheck.....:o

think u missed pun lol

ordnance is mounted guns whereas ordinance is silly state rules

TheTexan
04-25-2016, 09:05 AM
The busybodies can write all the ordnance's they want if there's nobody to enforce them....

But what happens when their lawns get over 3" tall? Or when they paint their house a color that does not match the other houses? Or build a structure that is not approved?!!

It'll be anarchy!

tod evans
04-25-2016, 09:06 AM
But what happens when their lawns get over 3" tall? Or when they paint their house a color that does not match the other houses? Or build a structure that is not approved?!!

It'll be anarchy!

Good!

Maybe the folks who can't mind their own business will move instead of forcing others out....

TheTexan
04-25-2016, 10:02 AM
Good!

Maybe the folks who can't mind their own business will move instead of forcing others out....

Nah probably just hire new cops. Much easier than moving.

younglibertarian
04-25-2016, 10:28 AM
bu bu but who will patrol muh roads?

Zippyjuan
04-25-2016, 12:59 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/24/us/colorado-police-department-resigns/

Mayor Jane Newberry, who just took office last week in the town that's about 15 miles northwest of Colorado Springs, told CNN she's not sure what made the police marshal step down. The three deputies had to follow suit, she said, because they're volunteers and can only work when there's someone at the helm.

The El Paso County Sheriff's Office already handled dispatch and provided backup for the town, spokeswoman Jacqueline Kirby told CNN. Now, they'll play a greater role.

"Patrols will be stepped up based on need," she said. "If they need extra patrol, we would be glad to help out."

The Teller County Sheriff's Office will also provide assistance, Newberry said, in addition to the Colorado State Patrol.

This isn't the first time the town has been left without police. The marshal also stepped down in 2013 during a restructuring, Newberry said, and wasn't rehired until four months later.

And this time around, she said, it shouldn't be hard to fill the marshal's shoes.
"We have already received applications for the job of marshal even though the position has not been posted," she said. "There are people who want to do it."

Anti Federalist
04-25-2016, 01:18 PM
Why the fuck does a rural town of 700 people need four fucking cops?

Zippyjuan
04-25-2016, 01:36 PM
Why the $#@! does a rural town of 700 people need four $#@!ing cops?

Maybe one person could work 24 hours a day- seven days a week (noting that three of them were volunteers).

torchbearer
04-25-2016, 01:56 PM
Maybe one person could work 24 hours a day- seven days a week (noting that three of them were volunteers).

there is no need for any law enforcement in a small community.
knowledge gained from personal experience.

opal
04-25-2016, 03:11 PM
Why the fuck does a rural town of 700 people need four fucking cops?

so they can travel in pairs?
foursome for bridge (or golf)?

otherone
04-25-2016, 03:16 PM
Why the $#@! does a rural town of 700 people need four $#@!ing cops?

A town of 700 people needs 700 cops....but that would be....anarchy.

Root
04-25-2016, 03:44 PM
thread winner

jkr
04-25-2016, 04:16 PM
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3n2gf5http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-0uTKlGdb8Y0/TzXOw9YKSkI/AAAAAAAABdw/-SdxpHMI3W4/s640/shenanigans-super-troopers.jpghttp://media2.firstshowing.net/firstshowing/img7/supertroopers-carramrod-farva-tsr.jpghttp://3.bp.blogspot.com/-CMBiXEObd9U/TsQ9rnX3gfI/AAAAAAAACz8/zx3JDmSOVQ0/s1600/Super+Troopers+3.jpghttp://pixel.nymag.com/content/dam/daily/vulture/2012/07/31/31-super-troopers.jpghttp://memecrunch.com/meme/1E74B/super-troopers-mexican/image.png

Uriel999
04-25-2016, 05:25 PM
I'll go be the 1 cop in that town...since I'm the only paid cop in this town. I'm totally taking the MRAP mudding.

And I'm gonna do lots of training with the grenade launchers and 50 cals we got for "free" from the federal government. I'll do all said training after drinking at the local dive bar with the general populace.

I'll also be smoking huge blunts while mudding in said MRAP...

They have all those things right? I'm qualified I'm sure, I mean I look qualified. :)

NorthCarolinaLiberty
04-25-2016, 06:02 PM

I'll take mine in Auto Ordnance. Tommy Gun with the drum please!

http://www.collectorsfirearms.com/product_images/f/391/R13988a__82615.jpg

NorthCarolinaLiberty
04-25-2016, 06:17 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/24/us/colorado-police-department-resigns/

Mayor Jane Newberry, who just took office last week in the town that's about 15 miles northwest of Colorado Springs, told CNN she's not sure what made the police marshal step down. The three deputies had to follow suit, she said, because they're volunteers and can only work when there's someone at the helm.

That's not a quote of the mayor, so I might bet the reporter got that wrong. The volunteers can only work if someone paid is in charge. A chief resigning might not necessitate the resignation of the the volunteers. That would not make sense. There is no sense in them actively resigning unless there is some stipulation. I doubt that exists, but you really don't know. They could still be employed as volunteers, but would not be dispatched for duty until a paid person is hired. So, the spirit is the title could be intact.

Zip, you sure do go through a lot of effort to discourage people on this site, but is your infiltration here actually working? I know for a fact you're Jewish, with the goal of discouraging new members on this site because there is a Jewish contingent afraid of the Paul's proposals to reduce Israeli funding. It seems to me that you get schooled more often than not, so I would say your effort is in the red.

Weston White
04-26-2016, 05:36 AM
Zippy has been cruisin' for a bruisin' for 12 years, and I am now his cruise director, and my name is Captain Bruisin'.