PDA

View Full Version : The time is now

Anticollectivist
04-24-2016, 02:11 PM
We are now in an official economic recession that began either the last quarter of 2015 or the first quarter of this year. This recession will be much worse than the recession of '08-'09 and will eventually turn into the worst depression in US history.

The USD just had its worst quarter in 5 years and gold just had its best quarter in thirty years and this trend is just getting started. The USD is going to collapse and eventually lose its status as the worlds reserve currency. Americans are going to experience economic conditions and a standard of living that will be much worse than the so called great depression of the '30s because that was a deflationary depression. This will be an inflationary depression so it will soon be quite evident that the currency that most people use and consider money today actually has very little if any value.

Statism and collective complacency (as well as a few other factors) has made this country what it is today. Virtually no one understands anything about economics, money or history and no one really cares. The damage has been done and our economy and our currency has been completely destroyed and freedom and prosperity in this country is gone. Combining government and free market capitalism does NOT work productively no matter how many times its tried and regardless of how many people are stupid enough to believe in it.

The very few of us that understand the absurdity of collectivism and destructive history of statism will continue to profit substantially from the coming economic crisis while most Americans will be experiencing substantial financial losses and dramatic changes to the standard of living they feel so entitled to. Understanding the truth has its rewards and ignoring the truth has its consequences - as most people in this country will soon be forced to finally realize. Not all ignorance is bliss - some ignorance is incredibly destructive and just pathetically stupid and inexcusable.

oyarde
04-24-2016, 03:42 PM
Well then , I should be OK.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
04-24-2016, 07:49 PM
Hmmm; well, I know next to nothing about economics, but my observation is that we are in a very slow deflationary decline. I think it started several decades ago. You can either raise prices on the same product, or, you can reduce the quality/quantity of your product or service while keeping the price relatively stable. Walmart introduced the business model supporting the latter many years ago. The so-called dollar stores followed, and thus, proliferated.

If Levis Jeans were of the same quality as years ago, then I'd guess their price would be close to $100 today. That didn't happen. The big box store business model turned the retail-manufacturing relationship upside down. They dictated the price to manufacturers, resulting in a cheapened product with much lower specs. Thus, you have blue jeans with thinner material, wider stitches, fewer rivets, etc. Those rivets are not there for decoration, but that is lost on most consumers. Many still don't no the difference between quality and junk. People actually think price equals value.

Big box stores are not baking your "Ugly Stick" fishing rod in an oven of several thousand degrees. We had a Toro mower when I was a kid, and I was foolish enough to buy one in 2009. They are not the same mower. I've replaced the choke spring twice. I replaced the transmission, and it still does not work right. I even took it to the independent mower guy, and he can't figure it out. I really think the frame (or something else) is off by the tiniest margin. Probably the result of shoddy workmanship. I can still use it, but the self-propel does not work. We also have a 15 year old Craftsman riding mower that is still going good. It's a good mower. That's probably not bad, considering how many of these companies started watering down their stuff long before 15 years ago.

What I have learned since then is that manufacturers create lower spec products for the box stores. The higher spec product products are sold to the independents. Even that is not a hard and fast rule. You can find a good buy at Lowes, just like you can get a lemon at an independent. It really is a matter of probability.

I could go on and on with all the products that have been watered down to junk. There is no doubt about that. Cheap ass tables made from fast growth trees in China. The veneers scratch at the drop of a hat. I would only buy a car manufactured and assembled in Japan. I am not buying an sh.it made over here. All of it makes perfect sense that this would happen, but everyone knows that saying about hindsight being 20/20.

Gold has not been doing much for a long, long time. It was 270-300 around 2001. It's been in the $1200 range for seemingly forever. It hit $2000 one time, but that was relatively short lived. I don't know; many the government can prop up the dollar for a good number of years. It will though, eventually run out.

I'm not sure if I've noticed food prices go up. I buy mostly produce, and most of that is fairly constant. Avocados seem to be steadily dropping. Greens are fairly steady. Bananas are steady. Apples have slowly risen though. If stuff is going up, then maybe it's things I don't buy. Maybe it's creeping.

I really think this is the economic model. Make junk. Sell price, not value. We have a basement freezer that is almost 60 years old. I had an Oster blender when I was a kid that just died. It was a little over 30 years old old. Those things are not coming back. I don't know; somebody correct me if I'm wrong about inflation. Maybe some things have really gone way up. Maybe it's the slightest of increases over years and years for some things, combined with declining quality.

presence
04-24-2016, 09:04 PM
therefore buy bitcoin

Anticollectivist
04-24-2016, 09:59 PM
I know there is a lot of dispute and disagreement concerning the inflation/deflation argument. Peter Schiff and Harry Dent recently had a heated dispute about this very subject on the Alex Jones Show. While they both agree about the insanity of central bank manipulation and government interference in the markets and the serious problems of the growing national as well as personal debt in this country, they both vehemently disagree on the subject of inflation/deflation.

Several times during the debate Dent kept saying - we've had all this money printing by the Fed yet there is no sign of inflation. Every time he said that I was saying to myself - MONEY PRINTING BY THE FED IS INFLATION. That is the actual real definition of inflation. Increased prices are a result of inflation. I was very surprised that Schiff didn't correct him on that point but I suppose maybe he just felt it wasn't worth the effort to even try. David Stockman is another person that I very much agree with concerning economic statism and the takeover of the world economy by central banks throughout the world which has created bubble finance (as he calls it) throughout the world. Stockman is much more intelligent, accomplished and educated that I will ever live to be but when he recommends people hoard cash as a defense against the coming deflationary depression I have absolutely no doubt he is completely wrong in his solution to the problem.

Actually the lower quality of products produced today by countrys like China is a sign of inflation. Instead of inflation just being strictly a matter of price increase, lowering the quality of goods and services as well as quantity in many cases, enables the inflation to be disguised and not as clearly evident as it actually is. Many decades ago when the US actually had a strong productive manufacturing economy and produced quality products that were built to last and desired by countrys all over the world, that enabled this country to become the wealthiest largest creditor nation in the world and convinced the rest of the world to accept the USD as the worlds reserve currency. We've now completely abandoned all those sound economic principles that made this country to become so great and allowed irresponsible absurd economic statism to turn this country into the largest debtor/deadbeat country in the history of the world. So now even if we somehow tried to produce quality products to try and compete with lower quality products produced in countrys like China, the cost of those materials needed to produce better quality products are now so expensive that most people either couldn't afford to buy them or wouldn't consider it worth it to pay 5, 10, 20 times as much for something better quality when they can buy cheap quality plastic crap manufactured in China for a fraction of the price. So now most Americans buy so many more poor quality cheaply manufactured products that need to be replaced regularly as opposed to buying fewer quality products that are built to last a lifetime or more. That is one of the hidden forms of price inflation.

It also depends on how inflation/deflation is measured too. People have been so brainwashed about the whole concept of money that most people don't even understand what real money actually is. If you measure prices in real money which is gold then there will be deflation because the price of gold will be increasing at an even faster rate than the prices of most other assets. But if you measure prices in terms of fiat currency which has no intrinsic value then there is going to be massive price inflation as the money supply is increased at an even faster rate (which is the actual real definition of inflation) and asset prices are forced to increase much faster than the price of the USD can even try and maintain a level of stability and will just eventually collapse. Im convinced PMs are the real money and fiat currency and the USD in particular is the biggest con in the history of the world. Time will prove whether the coming economic crisis will in fact be inflationary or deflationary and hopefully the argument will be settled for good. And that time is now.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
04-25-2016, 07:47 AM
Sounds like deflation is the new inflation.

kfarnan
04-25-2016, 09:36 AM
dump the fiat currency, switch real money.

chudrockz
04-26-2016, 10:08 AM
Anecdotally, the price of cat food has shot through the roof in the past eight to ten years. We are the crazy cat people (had ten at the height) so I should know. We used to buy twenty pound bags for $20 after tax. Now we get fifteen pound bags for $35. And that's on Amazon. If at the pet store it's $42 after tax. It's just crazy. The cats eat like royalty while I eat ramen for lunch at work. :)

oyarde
04-26-2016, 01:17 PM
Be wary of crazy cat people at the beginning of the end times , if you die they intend to feed you to the cats .

Anticollectivist
04-28-2016, 12:07 AM
I believe first quarter GDP figures are supposed to be released later today. My guess is the numbers will be slightly positive and the government will delay admitting they are actually negative as long as they can - probably at least till after the election. But how will the government and the Fed try and spin numbers that are only slightly positive while trying to continue to claim that the economy is so strong? And how long will it take for investors and the markets to finally realize and admit that this recovery we've supposedly had all this time has been nothing but artificial stimulus created by the Fed and that the economy is actually much worse then it was before the government and the Fed "saved it" from the free market system. This country is suffering from the effects of cancers known as economic statism and collective stupidity - and it may just be fatal.

Anticollectivist
04-28-2016, 08:54 PM
Well it appears as though first quarter GDP was reported today to be just .5%. The revised figures will likely be negative. Meaning the recession is officially here. PMs had another big day today and are continuing to go even higher after hours. $18 silver and $1300 gold are almost here once again. Im wondering just how long it will take for all the deflationary believers and gold critics to finally admit how completely wrong they are. I imagine most of the fools wont be rushing in to exchange their worthless USDs for real money and admitting defeat until PMs are at all time highs once again.

I was the fool 16+ years ago believing the US stock market bubble was a legitimate investment. Even with all the artificial stimulus from the Fed since then, the Nasdaq is still below its all time highs of 16 years ago while gold is up around 300 - 400% or so during that same time period. Yet most investors continue to believe the US stock market is a legitimate investment and that gold is a risky losing asset. People are such collectively insane idiots. But fortunately for me they are because Im going to be on the winning end of the trade this time.

Anticollectivist
05-01-2016, 09:40 AM
Well, after another big day for gold and silver on Friday, its quite likely $18 silver and $1300 gold prices will return again sometime this coming week. The USD index closed down to just above 93 on Friday and YTD is down about 6%. Gold was up another 5% in April and is up about 21% YTD. Historically, the USD reached an all time high of 164.72 in February of 1985 and a record low of 71.32 in April of 2008. Its just a matter of time (short time) when the USD will be at all time lows once again and gold and silver will be back at all time highs once again.

The smart thing to do is DON'T wait for all of the collective fools who are continuing to buy USDs and short gold to rush in and reverse course. Don't be one of these collective fools believing in all the government and Fed lies and propaganda stating that the economy has recovered and is strong. And definitely don't believe propaganda from most of the financial cronies like Goldman Sachs telling investors that the USD is strong and to continue to short gold. That will continue to be a losing trade until investors are broke, the USD has finally collapsed and companies like Goldman Sachs are begging for another multi billion dollar government bailout at taxpayer expense. But the corrupt lying cheating government and foolish taxpayers are even much more broke now than they were during the 2008 financial crisis so more government bailouts and artificial stimulus by the Fed just wont work this time. In fact it never really worked last time. In reality it just made all our economic problems even much worse. But we haven't had any sense of economic reality for so very long - that's the problem. But things are finally starting to change and these changes from economic fantasy back to some sense of economic and monetary reality are going to hit this country like a financial atomic bomb. So don't be one of these collective investment fools yourself -the time to buy gold and dump worthless counterfeit USDs is still NOW.