PDA

View Full Version : Man strips in front of girls in locker room, says transgender law allows it

erowe1
04-23-2016, 06:56 PM
A man twice entered the changing room of a swimming pool and began disrobing, once in front of a young girls' swim team, saying transgender policies gave him the right to do so.

The unidentified man entered Evans pool in Seattle near Green Lake last Monday, February 8, and began taking off his shirt in front of female patrons.

When asked what he was doing, he said, "The law has changed and I have a right to be here."

"Seeing this individual in the locker room, parents of swim team members (girls) and women who had paid for lap swim became alarmed and alerted our front desk staff," said Seattle Parks spokesman David Takami in a statement. "In response, an Evans pool staff member entered the women's locker room and asked the man to leave." They offered both the man and the girls the opportunity to use a family changing room.

He left, only to return during a later youth lap swim, Takami said.

Officials said he had made no attempt to present himself as a woman, nor to identify as transgender when he checked in. By all appearances, he was a man.

But appearances do not matter when it comes to "gender identity." LGBT theorists hold that biological sex is distinct from gender, which is determined solely by the person's mental self-identification.

Takami affirmed, "We have guidelines that allow transgender individuals to use restrooms and locker rooms consistent with their gender identity."

"We want everyone to feel comfortable in our facilities," he said.

Some patrons feel the man, who has yet to be identified, exploited the law to peep at women. "Either identify yourself as a transgender or you're not, and you're just taking advantage of a loophole," MaryAnne Sato, who visits the pool several times a week, told USA Today.

A similar incident occurred in Olympia in 2012, when a 45-year-old biological male who calls himself Colleen Francis lounged naked in a women’s locker room, in an area frequented by girls as young as six. According to the police report an eyewitness stated, “There were girls 6 to 18 years of age and they were not used to seeing individuals in situations like this.” But the facility gave him the right to continue using its facilities as he wished.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/man-strips-in-front-of-girls-in-swimming-pool-locker-says-transgender-law-a

euphemia
04-23-2016, 07:04 PM
This is the time for the market to determine who makes the rules.

bunklocoempire
04-23-2016, 08:38 PM
Government, the idiot enhancer. Enhances any idiot, anywhere, and at anytime.

Natural Citizen
04-23-2016, 08:42 PM
LGBT theorists hold that biological sex is distinct from gender, which is determined solely by the person's mental self-identification.

I'm not one to roll with the typical "mental illness" narrative that is often seen presented by media in a way as to provide leverage in getting around the 2nd and whatnot but someone "identifying" as a certain sex just because he thinks he is a girl/woman is, to me, a mental illness.

This stuff is happening so often lately that I have a tough time deciding whether or not some of the incidents are staged or what. Crazy stuff, for sure.

Uriel999
04-23-2016, 08:43 PM
Well I'm glad to see Danke is taking advantage of this new law.

Anti Federalist
04-23-2016, 08:45 PM
Government, the idiot enhancer. Enhances any idiot, anywhere, and at anytime.

Yup.

Anti Federalist
04-23-2016, 08:46 PM
This is the time for the market to determine who makes the rules.

Can't have that.

Somebody's safe space might get violated.

VIDEODROME
04-23-2016, 08:54 PM
Don't send the police.

Send the guy with the nut clipper.

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/4/44/PT-KV-2.jpg/600px-PT-KV-2.jpg

Natural Citizen
04-23-2016, 08:56 PM
Don't send the police.

Send the guy with the nut clipper.

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/4/44/PT-KV-2.jpg/600px-PT-KV-2.jpg

Phht. Depending on how dad reacts to some man arbitrarily disrobing in front of his daughter, you might just want to go ahead and send an ambulance.

TheTexan
04-23-2016, 09:02 PM
What a brave young woman. I hope he wasn't mistreated too badly.

Chomp
04-24-2016, 08:42 AM
Sodom of our times :(

pcosmar
04-24-2016, 09:08 AM
Public places require tolerance..

Some people have no tolerance.

I do not know this guys motives. Could be he is trying to take advantage of the "Law", Could be he is trying to provoke,,

Folks,,, if he was a "creeper" that had not brought attention to himself,,,, he would have been in the pool. Playing with the kids.

intolerant people really shouldn't go out in public.

LibertyEagle
04-24-2016, 09:53 AM
Tolerant? The man is a pervert. He shouldn't be tolerated.

pcosmar
04-24-2016, 09:58 AM
Tolerant? The man is a pervert. He shouldn't be tolerated.

I do not know that..

Perhaps (?) he only did it as a provocative way to highlight the NEW LAW.

When asked what he was doing, he said, "The law has changed and I have a right to be here."

You do love Law and Order don't you?

pcosmar
04-24-2016, 10:37 AM
http://truenewsusa.blogspot.com/2016/02/sick-perverted-man-strips-in-front-of.html
http://www.dailystormer.com/pearl-jam-cancels-concert-in-nc-in-protest-of-men-not-being-allowed-to-get-naked-in-front-of-little-girls/

Can't find any verification for the story,, but it is getting around.

Brian4Liberty
04-24-2016, 10:47 AM
There are laws against indecent exposure that are based upon intent and situation. Police and prosecutors routinely stretch the limit of the law when charging people. It wouldn't be much of a stretch (or any stretch at all) to charge this guy under indecent exposure laws.

euphemia
04-24-2016, 10:54 AM
Can't have that.

Somebody's safe space might get violated.

I think the market will know if all the parents stop bring their children to swim team practice. Pools are expensive to run. They need paying customers.

pcosmar
04-24-2016, 11:03 AM
There are laws against indecent exposure that are based upon intent and situation. Police and prosecutors routinely stretch the limit of the law when charging people. It wouldn't be much of a stretch (or any stretch at all) to charge this guy under indecent exposure laws.

Nope,,
if it ever really happened.

euphemia
04-24-2016, 11:42 AM
Lounging naked in a locker room is creepy and provocative. I would have turned that person in to staff. Being there and changing quickly is different than being on display. When our kiddo was in the little guppy class, a woman (non pretty, and probably nonsober) was acting very strangely. She was fully nude and spaced out, and was drying her hair. I spoke to the staff on the way out. Another mom joined me and affirmed everything I said. Everything was just wierd. Her look, her clothing (a little sailor top with bloomers), her gait. It was just not normal.

TheTexan
04-24-2016, 11:49 AM
Lounging naked in a locker room is creepy and provocative. I would have turned that person in to staff. Being there and changing quickly is different than being on display. When our kiddo was in the little guppy class, a woman (non pretty, and probably nonsober) was acting very strangely. She was fully nude and spaced out, and was drying her hair. I spoke to the staff on the way out. Another mom joined me and affirmed everything I said. Everything was just wierd. Her look, her clothing (a little sailor top with bloomers), her gait. It was just not normal.

+rep Thanks for keeping an eye out. See something, say something.

pcosmar
04-24-2016, 11:52 AM
Lounging naked in a locker room is creepy and provocative.
I'm sure it would be,, if it even happened. The site is full of many such unverifiable stories.

It was just not normal.

Nope..But then what is accepted as normal is quite variable.

I would say public changing rooms are not normal..

euphemia
04-24-2016, 12:04 PM
I just know the single experience I had. You know it when you see it. It was affirmed by another mom that I didn't know before the class. This was over 30 years ago. It was very strange.

Our gym has been in business a long time. I know there are lesbian women and gay men that work out there. There is a *character* in our general area that is a man. I have never seen him in anything other than women's clothes. He dresses better than most of the women on this side of town. I've never seen him at the gym.

In our gym the women's area has curtained areas for women who choose to use them. I don't know if the men's side does. People don't really linger in there while dressing. They change and go work out. It's a pretty small place, so if a class is changing, then it can be very crowded.

FindLiberty
04-24-2016, 12:20 PM
Next: Need security cameras everywhere.
"for your safety" "for the children?"

It's all CRAZY and turning into poo.

WTF

euphemia
04-24-2016, 12:49 PM
I know. It may well get to the point that we never have privacy again.

pcosmar
04-24-2016, 01:00 PM
I know. It may well get to the point that we never have privacy again.

not getting undressed in public.

MelissaWV
04-24-2016, 01:13 PM
*shrugs* And at spas you see people naked on a very regular basis.

As for how someone can be fully nude but wearing a sailor top and bloomers, I'm just trying to not think about it.

Anti Federalist
04-24-2016, 01:53 PM

As for how someone can be fully nude but wearing a sailor top and bloomers, I'm just trying to not think about it.

http://i.imgur.com/j87drFx.jpg

euphemia
04-24-2016, 01:55 PM

No, that's what she put on before she left. I didn't know she was a total fruitcake until that happened. She reminded me of Betty Davis in What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?

I have used several spas and I have never seen anyone fully nude. They wear robes outside the treatment rooms, swimsuits in the hot tubs, saunas, or steam rooms, or sometimes large bath towels in the sauna or steam. At the gym everyone wears at least a swimsuit outside the locker room.

euphemia
04-24-2016, 02:04 PM
It would have been something if a bunch of little girls had just all started screaming.

Suzanimal
04-24-2016, 02:07 PM
It would have been something if a bunch of little girls had just all started screaming.

Or laughing.

pcosmar
04-24-2016, 02:13 PM
Or laughing.

That would have been something,,

ChaosControl
04-24-2016, 06:11 PM
I am not the least surprised. But it doesnt even matter if the pervert disrobed. Even iF he hadn't, he is in a place where women and girls are changing. The pool says they want everyome to be comfortable, how about all.the women and girls in the locker room? Are they comfortable with a man in there? I dont care if he calls himself Steve or Eve. He is a man and no mental illness or surgery will change your chromosomes.

That isnt to say I dont have sumpathy for those who legitimately suffer such an illness and I think single occupancy bathrooms and changing rooms are perfectly reasonable accomodation. That is a way to ensure no one is uncomfortable. Seriously society has really gone off the deepend lately.

kpitcher
04-25-2016, 06:16 AM
I'm waiting for the inevitable female transgender, that looks like a bearded tattooed guy, to walk into a female bathroom to follow the law,and have some security/father/etc cause a problem.

A horrible thought came to mind about this... if you scare the population enough how long before it's mandated we have to swipe our magnetic strip government ID before going into a bathroom. It's unhandy to have to swipe a card so let's just use RFID to read it as we go through the door. Oh kids don't have IDs? We can fix that...

UWDude
04-25-2016, 05:17 PM

yes. man nipples can be very disturbing to young women. I am sure many were traumatized.

Madison320
04-26-2016, 08:21 AM
I think the market will know if all the parents stop bring their children to swim team practice. Pools are expensive to run. They need paying customers.

I agree.

Also the whole argument on what the rules should be for bathrooms is flawed (assuming it's a private business). It should be up to the owners to decide, not government. It's depressing watching the presidential candidates argue over the "correct" way government should run a private business.

FunkBuddha
04-26-2016, 09:23 AM
Give the people what they want and give it to them good and hard.

LibertyEagle
04-26-2016, 10:14 AM
I do not know that..
You should. If an adult has a penis and is undressing in a girl's restroom, yes, he is a pervert.

Perhaps (?) he only did it as a provocative way to highlight the NEW LAW.
Uh huh. Because he is a pervert.

You do love Law and Order don't you?
If the law makes sense, yes.

Brian4Liberty
04-26-2016, 11:51 AM
yes. man nipples can be very disturbing to young women. I am sure many were traumatized.

If the law applies, it applies, if it doesn't, it doesn't. No part of the human anatomy is "disturbing" in and of itself. It is the intent and situation, such as an adult flasher.

If the person is going into the locker room purely for peeping purposes, there are other laws that apply to that as well.

TheTexan
04-26-2016, 11:54 AM
If the person is going into the locker room purely for peeping purposes, there are other laws that apply to that as well.

This is correct. If you want to go into a locker room for peeping, you have to have another reason to be there also.

pcosmar
04-26-2016, 01:37 PM
You should. If an adult has a penis and is undressing in a girl's restroom, yes, he is a pervert.

Really?

An assumption of guilt,, ? based on ? (a very likely fabricated story)

I can find no verification of the story..

and,, as an alternative possibility. Perhaps he was someone with concerns and took off his SHIRT.. as a way of highlighting the new Laws.

An issue that would have never been an issue with out the LAW.

erowe1
04-26-2016, 01:40 PM
An issue that would have never been an issue with out the LAW.

Right, because before the law, private property owners were allowed to tell men they couldn't go in the girls' locker room.

pcosmar
04-26-2016, 01:50 PM
Right, because before the law, private property owners were allowed to tell men they couldn't go in the girls' locker room.

In all my 59 years I have never known this to be any issue anywhere.

And I lived in a town with a large Gay and Transgender community.
IT WAS NEVER AN ISSUE.

neither public nor private.

It was never an issue till a Law was written and promoted.

erowe1
04-26-2016, 01:56 PM
In all my 59 years I have never known this to be any issue anywhere.

Exactly. Because until now there wasn't a law telling property owners that they had to let men use girls' locker rooms.

pcosmar
04-26-2016, 02:06 PM
Exactly. Because until now there wasn't a law telling property owners that they had to let men use girls' locker rooms.

I my quick and limited research..

While federal laws mandate restrooms for employee use, laws regarding public restrooms are set at the the state or local level. Most states follow regulations similar to the Universal Plumbing Code or the International Plumbing Code. These Codes describe the minimum number of toilets and urinals for specific types of locations.

It would seem bureaucrats and Code enforcers are most responsible.

PRB
04-26-2016, 10:32 PM
Public places require tolerance..

Some people have no tolerance.

I do not know this guys motives. Could be he is trying to take advantage of the "Law", Could be he is trying to provoke,,

Folks,,, if he was a "creeper" that had not brought attention to himself,,,, he would have been in the pool. Playing with the kids.

intolerant people really shouldn't go out in public.
yah, let's make laws that ban them from going out in public, like sex offender registries.

PRB
04-26-2016, 10:32 PM

but there's plenty of laws that say property owners can't discriminate and must accomodate ADA patients.

PRB
04-26-2016, 10:33 PM

if he's a gay man and he's undressing in the boy's restroom, he's a what???

TheTexan
04-26-2016, 10:38 PM
if he's a gay man and he's undressing in the boy's restroom, he's a what???

He's still a pervert. He needs to find somewhere else to undress, like in the lobby.

PRB
04-26-2016, 10:46 PM
He's still a pervert. He needs to find somewhere else to undress, like in the lobby.

LOL.