PDA

View Full Version : What's the official campaign staff up to?

VishIX
12-07-2007, 06:26 PM
Hey guys, I've been following RP since April and am happy with all the support he is starting to get. I was originally attracted to him because of his anti-war stance. However, I am concerned with the official campaign dropping the ball. There have only been 2 commercials in NH and both of them were a big let down. He has all this money yet the ads didn't look sophisticated or polished.

I was hoping for a real impact with the ads but all I got was just boring 2nd teir candidate feel. I can't even remember anything from the ads, nothing stuck out that would help me remember Ron Paul. I don't even remember if there was an anti-war message. I've watched all the You-Tube videos which are filled with so many great quotes and music, why can't the campaign hire some of those people?

There is not much time left and I hear that 2 more new ads are going to be coming out. Are they going to have a sense of urgency and passion? They really need to start spending some money on production because all this money that's going to the campaign seems like it's being wasted, or horded up. Maybe they need to hire people that have some experience with how to create professional ads that people will remember. I hate to sound negative but I am starting to get concerned.

He really needs to drive home the message that he's anti-war! This is the most important issue on people's minds. Then he needs to tie that in with why the economy is going down (because of all the borrowing) and he needs to have some dramatic music to really catch and hold people's attention.

The official campaign really need to step up their game and start thinking seriously. Not about cutting into the front-runner's numbers... they have to have the mentality that they are in it to win. The grassroots can only do so much.

USCisCarolina
12-07-2007, 06:33 PM
I hate to agree with you but I'm here in South Carolina and I've seen multiple ads for the rest of the democratic and republican candidates but none yet for Ron Paul. I hope they get those ads running soon because people are deciding right now who they want to support in the January primary.

split_lipz
12-07-2007, 06:39 PM
Yeah, he needs to get some better ads. The ones I've seen that good haven't been very good.

quantized
12-07-2007, 06:48 PM
Exactly. There is this one with extremnely bad acting.

kylejack
12-07-2007, 06:50 PM
Have you ever seen Ducktales? One word: moneybaths.

dsentell
12-07-2007, 06:50 PM
Well a little good news here. . .

The grassroots have taken charge (again)! OperationNH is starting to air its three new ads tomorrow!

http://www.operationnh.com/

Scaryclouds
12-07-2007, 06:53 PM
I have no idea why they don't use this video, it's extremely well done and gets all the major points across.
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/video-network?channel=6&video=81

tbarnett17
12-07-2007, 06:56 PM
Also, don't forget that most TV stations are affiliates of CBS, NBC, ABC, and FOX. So if the MSM is responsible for ignoring Ron Paul, I seriously doubt they would allow there affiliates even play the ads. Not to mention that it IS possible for a candidate to pay BIG $$$ to have other ads NOT played! I wouldn't put it past the big money holders to dish it out to have them ignore Ron and NOT play his ads. -Tyler

tbarnett17
12-07-2007, 07:00 PM
scaryclouds,

That ad is directly geared towards the young/college voters and has no real state affiliation. An ad like would be good in New York, California, Florida, etc. During this time in the GOP race each ad must focus on the demographics the campaign wants to attract from each state. My guess, in Iowa, the campaign wants to appeal to as many older/"family" voters as they can.

Just my two cents, coming from a video editor. -Tyler

Lord Xar
12-07-2007, 07:02 PM
NO!! His campaign knows exactly what they are doing....

at least that is what we should keep saying to ourselves...... maybe it will come true.

Lord Xar
12-07-2007, 07:04 PM
Also, don't forget that most TV stations are affiliates of CBS, NBC, ABC, and FOX. So if the MSM is responsible for ignoring Ron Paul, I seriously doubt they would allow there affiliates even play the ads. Not to mention that it IS possible for a candidate to pay BIG $$$ to have other ads NOT played! I wouldn't put it past the big money holders to dish it out to have them ignore Ron and NOT play his ads. -Tyler

I don't believe so. There are laws in place that a media outlet MUST make time available for Candidates. I don't know the exact legal verbage, but I think that no censorship can take place. Can you imagine? That right there would be complete and utter fascisitic and election fraud.

JordanL
12-07-2007, 07:09 PM
Vish:

At this point we are trying to get registered Republicans. Anti-war ads are not the way to go. Anti-tax and pro-free market ads are the way to go until the general election.

raystone
12-07-2007, 07:09 PM
He's not anti-war, he'll serve as Commander-in-Chief when Congress declares war per the constitution.

All RP fans would know this, even newbies.

VISHIX (new member) = Troll

Lucid American
12-07-2007, 07:11 PM
Maybe they're just saving the money for the inauguration. :D

Just kidding -- I think Paul is smart enough that he must have surrounded himself with very smart people in his campaign. On the other hand, there might be an element of truth to his statement from the last debate that they're just blown away by the popular support and having to figure out ways to campaign worthy of his throng.

tbarnett17
12-07-2007, 07:12 PM
Not if paid money is returned/refunded to the individual being ignored. This is how it was explained to me, remember I'm just an editor here, not a financial worker. This saves the station because a payment was never accepted and money wasn't used. It's the whole "a business has a right to deny service" thing. -Tyler

Jimmy
12-07-2007, 07:13 PM
I'm personally starting to wonder if I should give the 16th or choose some chip ins. I guess there waiting fot the holidays....I cannot imagine what else the plan is. I hope there is a good reason for the delay and it plays out in our favor.

coboman
12-07-2007, 07:13 PM
Well. I think the answer is more money. We have to support http://www.operationnh.com/.

These guys have the best commercials yet.

I am so disappointed with the official campaign right now, that I think that the next big project should be building a huge megaphone and place it in front of HQ so that they can listen to us.

voytechs
12-07-2007, 07:14 PM
I hate to agree with you but I'm here in South Carolina and I've seen multiple ads for the rest of the democratic and republican candidates but none yet for Ron Paul. I hope they get those ads running soon because people are deciding right now who they want to support in the January primary.

I think they said those ads are going to start airing this Saturday, so keep an eye out for it if you can and let us know.

fortilite
12-07-2007, 07:17 PM

Myth.

They are required to play any candidate's ads if they play 1 candidate's ads. They are also required to offer it at the same rates as they do to the other campaigns. That's why that Democrat ad in the NYTimes was such a controversy - they gave them a discount that they didn't offer to anyone else.

I bet once 12/16 happens they will spend money a little more freely.

Wingman
12-07-2007, 07:17 PM
WHAT IS GOING ON??!??!?!

WHERE ARE THE GOOD ADS!!!!

WHAT IS HIS CAMPAIGN STAFF DOING......!

atually he must show the ability to admiister his own campaign to have credibility to be a president.

PLS SOMEONE CALL HIS CAMPAIGN OFFICE AND TELL THEM TO GET GOING

IF THEY DON'T THEY MUST BE SACKED NOOOOOWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omg dont tell me we are going to flunk out

what happens to the bazillions we put in

fortilite
12-07-2007, 07:20 PM
Dude, it's a long campaign. They don't need to burn it all at once.

risiusj
12-07-2007, 07:21 PM
What's the campaign up to?
Letting us win.

Stealth
12-07-2007, 07:23 PM
they're spending it in many different ways. one of the ways is by funding campaign offices to work out of locally.

LibertyEagle
12-07-2007, 07:24 PM
He's not anti-war, he'll serve as Commander-in-Chief when Congress declares war per the constitution.

Chill. YOU have 28 posts. so you have a lot of nerve accusing Vishix of being a troll because he is a new member. :rolleyes:

LibertyEagle
12-07-2007, 07:26 PM
WHAT IS GOING ON??!??!?!

WHERE ARE THE GOOD ADS!!!!

WHAT IS HIS CAMPAIGN STAFF DOING......!

atually he must show the ability to admiister his own campaign to have credibility to be a president.

PLS SOMEONE CALL HIS CAMPAIGN OFFICE AND TELL THEM TO GET GOING

IF THEY DON'T THEY MUST BE SACKED NOOOOOWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omg dont tell me we are going to flunk out

what happens to the bazillions we put in

Sounds like you need a tranquilizer. Chill. Running around acting like the sky is falling, doesn't help anything.

me3
12-07-2007, 07:28 PM
What's the campaign up to?
Letting us win.
+1

To all concerned, watch the video in my signature. 9 days before Iowa is when the SURGE starts.

Also, a lot of new people in this thread. If you haven't registered Republican yet, please do. And join your local MeetUp at http://ronpaul.meetup.com

:D

0zzy
12-07-2007, 07:37 PM
New Commercial
Ron Paul was filmed during Thanksgiving about his family life for a new commercial.

BeFranklin
12-07-2007, 07:49 PM
Vish:

At this point we are trying to get registered Republicans. Anti-war ads are not the way to go. Anti-tax and pro-free market ads are the way to go until the general election.

Most Republicans are against the war too. Conservative republicans have traditionally been against the antics of Bush.

tbarnett17
12-07-2007, 07:55 PM
Again, it's just what I was told... I don't work with finances or station air-time, I'm just an editor. Thanks for clearing it up though. -Tyler

Paulitician
12-07-2007, 07:57 PM
New Commercial
Ron Paul was filmed during Thanksgiving about his family life for a new commercial.
Beautiful, warms my heart :D

Bossobass
12-07-2007, 08:02 PM
Hey guys, I've been following RP since April and am happy with all the support he is starting to get. I was originally attracted to him because of his anti-war stance. However, I am concerned with the official campaign dropping the ball. There have only been 2 commercials in NH and both of them were a big let down. He has all this money yet the ads didn't look sophisticated or polished.

I was hoping for a real impact with the ads but all I got was just boring 2nd teir candidate feel. I can't even remember anything from the ads, nothing stuck out that would help me remember Ron Paul. I don't even remember if there was an anti-war message. I've watched all the You-Tube videos which are filled with so many great quotes and music, why can't the campaign hire some of those people?

There is not much time left and I hear that 2 more new ads are going to be coming out. Are they going to have a sense of urgency and passion? They really need to start spending some money on production because all this money that's going to the campaign seems like it's being wasted, or horded up. Maybe they need to hire people that have some experience with how to create professional ads that people will remember. I hate to sound negative but I am starting to get concerned.

He really needs to drive home the message that he's anti-war! This is the most important issue on people's minds. Then he needs to tie that in with why the economy is going down (because of all the borrowing) and he needs to have some dramatic music to really catch and hold people's attention.

The official campaign really need to step up their game and start thinking seriously. Not about cutting into the front-runner's numbers... they have to have the mentality that they are in it to win. The grassroots can only do so much.

Vish,

Great to see you, and welcome to the boards. :cool:

We'll be attending two events in SC tomorrow (Saturday). I hope to talk to Ron, Lew, kent or all 3. I'll report anything I learn to ya in this thread tomorrow night or Sunday.

Bosso

hopeforamerica
12-07-2007, 08:09 PM
I haven't read all the posts. However, this is the OP first post! I think to stir up doubt and discourage donations on December 16th! Keep the faith and donate!! I know that our local campaign guys are working hard with us, and we will be calling, canvassing, and many other things along side the official campaign guys in AZ.

Don't bad mouth, just do your part. That's what my motto is.

traviskicks
12-07-2007, 08:36 PM
What's the official campaign staff up to?

Hopefully staying out of our way! LOL!

Soccrmastr
12-07-2007, 08:43 PM

The grassroots have taken charge (again)! OperationNH is starting to air its three new ads tomorrow!

Yes, these people are doing the absolutely correct thing. Imagine 200,00 bucks going to them rather than a blimp. They could get every single area of an early primary state covered with ron paul tv ads and newspaper ads. I have always thought the grassroots should support operationnh and others projects like it more than they do, instead of "wasting" time on other side projects which may be cool and get some attention, but is not targeted enough and doesnt teach people his message while simultaneously getting him name recognition.

philistineau
12-07-2007, 08:51 PM
The Blimp is a great idea and it has received the necessary media attention to justify its cost.

This is a free market - if you don't like the idea, don't donate to it. Please stop trashing it.

As for operationNH - they are doing GREAT work. I am considering splitting my 16th contribution to help them out.

piotr1
12-07-2007, 09:51 PM
I'm seriously worried too. The campaign has all this money but the commercials are weak and there aren't enough of them!

What is the campaign spending all the money on??

aspiringconstitutionalist
12-07-2007, 09:53 PM
Have you ever seen Ducktales? One word: moneybaths.

You just made my day.

But, as for OP, I concur--the campaign NEEDS to start spamming the airwaves.

Geronimo
12-07-2007, 10:32 PM

But in Iowa, not NH. Right? :confused:

Geronimo
12-07-2007, 10:33 PM
I forgot to mention that they were working on a new commercial over Thanksgiving.

austin356
12-07-2007, 10:48 PM

absurd; take off the tin foil and breath a bit of reality.

t3rmin
12-07-2007, 10:55 PM
I have no idea why they don't use this video, it's extremely well done and gets all the major points across.

Now that's a freakin' ad. Don't think I've seen that one yet. Nice!

VishIX
12-08-2007, 12:04 AM
Vish:

All the republicans running are saying they are anti-tax and free market. RP needs differentiate himself and the best way to do that is by advertising he is anti-war. He needs to show that being anti-war is not a bad thing, the country is more important than the party should be the message. 50% of Iowa Republicans are against the war i heard... he should be splitting up the vote along those lines. With the current strategy he is using it will be very hard to convince people to choose him over Ghouliana, and Huckster and the rest.

He should also be playing his strong points, which also includes being against the patriot act and illegal wiretaps. I think you are giving average americans too much credit... what they need is a sound bite or slogan that will steer them to Ron Paul's side. If they were smart they would already know about Ron Paul and be voting for him.

AlexAmore
12-08-2007, 12:13 AM
But in Iowa, not NH. Right? :confused:

My thoughts exactly. wtf? :confused:

VishIX
12-08-2007, 12:14 AM
Vish,

Great to see you, and welcome to the boards. :cool:

We'll be attending two events in SC tomorrow (Saturday). I hope to talk to Ron, Lew, kent or all 3. I'll report anything I learn to ya in this thread tomorrow night or Sunday.

Bosso

Thanks Bosso, If you get this message by tomorrow can you tell Ron Paul that if people ask him if he's going to run as 3rd party candidate he should continue to answer "I believe I am going to win the Republican nomination because of the strong support I have" (like he did in the YouTube debate). He needs to start seeing himself as a winner cuz right now he seems like a deer caught in the headlights cuz of all this support/money he has.

I love when he goes on the attack in the debates because he can articulate his arguments so well. He needs to start going on the offense against the media and shutting them up about these questions that waste time and take focus away from the issues he supports. Once they get the idea that he has a strong chance of winning they will treat him with more respect.

Roxi
12-08-2007, 12:19 AM
the campaign staff has been VERY busy here in NH... i cant vouch for anywhere else, but these guys are doing phone banking every night... getting thousands of canvassing packets ready....

also about the commercials... i have spent the last 3 weeks talking to NH residents and getting feedback, getting to know some of these people, and the general consensus i get on the commercials is great... the ads were geared toward NH people and i remember after they came out and they told us, NH people are different these ads are perfect for them... and i thought "whatever people are people, they aren't great ads" but now that i have spent time around them i realize its true, these people take the election seriously and that old campaign propaganda bullcrap stuff works and they expect nothing else, newer tactics work for the younger crowd but they are all on the internet, the people watching these ads and nothing else eat them up

Ron LOL
12-08-2007, 12:24 AM
Official campaign drops ball, footage at 11:00.

Seriously, this has been going on for a while now. And yes, it's really frustrating. I wish RP would spend some money on a real political advisor.

Geronimo
12-08-2007, 12:24 AM
I think Ron needs a mild attack ad. One that doesn't name names, but makes the night and day distinction between him and all of the rest.

VishIX
12-08-2007, 12:25 AM

I liked the original better because of the music :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Med926aDBoc

Geronimo
12-08-2007, 12:31 AM
The last time I was at HQ they were all leaned back in their chairs, throwing pencils at the ceiling, trying to get them to stick.

Bad joke. I know.

dirka
12-08-2007, 12:50 AM
When Ron Paul said during the debates "we're trying to figure out how to spend the money"

Boy, they weren't kidding!! Paul's team needs to put their spikes on and GET IN THE GAME!!!! Time is running short and none of the ads will get the attention of the average voter in my opinion.

Johncjackson
12-08-2007, 01:11 AM

I would disagree.

When asked at debates what the most important moral issue of our time is, he has said "pre-emptive war." Pre-emptive war means something other than undeclared war.

There is a difference between what a President who follows the COnstitution would do, and what he believes. He could very well serve as Commander in Chief for a war he opposes IF it is authorized following the COnsitution. That would not make him 'pro war"- simply that he follows the framework in place and carries out his duties regarding the proper role and balance of power of the federal branches,etc.

Heather in WI
12-08-2007, 09:22 AM

Yes! I agree with this strategy.:)

Heather in WI
12-08-2007, 09:26 AM

These are wonderful!!

VishIX
12-08-2007, 12:44 PM
Seems like even Tucker agrees with me:

" the Ron Paul campaign doesn't do that much; it kinda sits back and lets the supporters raise the money and generate the excitement"

We need more information from the campaign which tells us how exactly they are spending the money everyone is sending.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIFsq0KEeHc

pacelli
12-08-2007, 01:13 PM
I HOPE that the campaign is going to start engaging in 'media bombs' with all of the money we've contributed. Perhaps they are counting on the 16th to engage in that. This could be a very effective strategy. I did watch the Iowa campaign talk saying that the 9 days after Christmas will be the peak of the iowa campaign. I just hope that they don't focus all of their efforts on "media bombing", and continue seeking as many interviews as possible with Dr. Paul in the interim.

malibu
12-08-2007, 05:42 PM
The official campaign really need to step up their game . . .

The official campaign really sucks in parts of Iowa - the grassroots do so much more than those old goats in Des Moines.

LibertyEagle
12-08-2007, 05:47 PM
The official campaign really sucks in parts of Iowa - the grassroots do so much more than those old goats in Des Moines.

Don't tell me... your definition of an "old goat" is anyone over 35?

LibertyEagle
12-08-2007, 05:48 PM
I HOPE that the campaign is going to start engaging in 'media bombs' with all of the money we've contributed. Perhaps they are counting on the 16th to engage in that. This could be a very effective strategy. I did watch the Iowa campaign talk saying that the 9 days after Christmas will be the peak of the iowa campaign. I just hope that they don't focus all of their efforts on "media bombing", and continue seeking as many interviews as possible with Dr. Paul in the interim.

WHAT interviews? I haven't seen Dr. Paul in a MSM interview in quite some time.

Heck, I'm still waiting for them to hold a dad gum PRESS CONFERENCE with Goldwater and Dr. Paul. No reason to hurry, I know. After all, the endorsement was only like 2 weeks ago. :rolleyes:

fortilite
12-08-2007, 05:49 PM
Why worry about what the campaign is doing? Just worry about what YOU are doing. We still need help with the mailing grassroots campaign, we haven't even finished mailing to Iowa!

malibu
12-08-2007, 05:54 PM
Don't tell me... your definition of an "old goat" is anyone over 35?

Naw, any age can be an "old goat" based on their outlook -

malibu
12-08-2007, 06:03 PM
Why worry about what the campaign is doing?

You mean what the campaign is NOT doing - esp. after telling us they will DO something -
from supporting our grassroots efforts of going door-to-door or phone calling.

Their consistency in dropping the ball only discourages people from supporting RP -
and their efforts are definitely centered around Polk County and Des Moines to the detriment of the rest of the state.