PDA

View Full Version : Bill Kristol (neocon leader) on Election, Cruz, etc

SpiritOf1776_J4
04-20-2016, 07:56 PM
http://www.infowars.com/neocon-bill-kristol-delegate-rigging-is-like-a-hustler-playing-poker/

The founder of the “Never Trump” movement and editor of the neocon “redoubt” The Weekly Standard compared the dirty tricks of the Cruz campaign to playing poker.

“You’re playing a good hand of poker, play the hand,” he said. “Don’t say at each card, ‘Boy, I’m playing really clever here.'”

Kristol advocates a brokered convention as the best way to prevent frontrunner Trump for gaining the Republican nomination. In March he said party officials need to work on moving 50 percent of the delegates over to an “acceptable” candidate.
“We have to stop the momentum,” he said after Trump swept seven states on Super Tuesday.
Kristol circulated a memo at the time urging the party to back establishment vetted candidates such as the former presidential loser Rick Perry or Tom Coburn, a former Oklahoma senator. He suggested a third party if Trump takes the nomination.

The response by the RNC to Kristol’s third party idea was strident. RNC spokesman Sean Spicer told Breitbart News that “any effort to facilitate a third party ultimately is helping to elect Hillary Clinton.”

Kristol’s neocon comrades believe a Clinton presidency would be preferable to a Trump one.
Max Boot, Robert Kagan, Eliot Cohen, and the “Prince of Darkness,” Richard Perle, all believe a Clinton presidency will continue the neocon foreign policy agenda resulting in the longest war in American history (Afghanistan) and the invasion of Iraq that cost over a million Iraqi lives.
“The only choice will be to vote for Hillary Clinton,” Kagan wrote for The Washington Post. “The party cannot be saved, but the country still can be.”

The neocons are the exact opposite of libertarians in the GOP - if they go, it will be infinitely better for libertarian GOP candidates.

At the right moment, instead of siding with them in a losing battle, there should be calls to remove them from the GOP. Since they wanted to start a third party, why not kick out Bill Kristol? It's the only opportunity I've seen for years to remove them - which they gave themselves by wanting it. Help them with it!

erowe1
04-20-2016, 08:11 PM
Since they wanted to start a third party, why not kick out Bill Kristol?

I agree. And the same goes for Trump.

Petar
04-20-2016, 08:26 PM
I agree. And the same goes for Trump.

Attila the Trump is the force that is effectively purging them, and should therefor be encouraged.

brushfire
04-20-2016, 10:33 PM
“any effort to facilitate a third party ultimately is helping to elect Hillary Clinton.”

So... What's the difference? Especially to a SOB like Kristol. Hillary is the neocon candidate.

Vote libertarian - strike while the iron is hot.

TheUglyTruth
04-20-2016, 10:42 PM
Bill Kristol suggest we vote third party? He's coming around, I tell ya.