PDA

View Full Version : Lawmakers say Secret Service running out of agents

Suzanimal
04-19-2016, 06:55 PM
Maybe no cares about these assholes to put their life on the line for them.

Two lawmakers claimed Tuesday that the U.S. Secret Service may need to seek outside help to fulfill its mission because agents are leaving the agency faster than they can be replaced.

"USSS simply cannot hire enough personnel to keep pace with historic attrition rates," House Oversight and Government Reform Committee chairman Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah, and ranking Democrat Elijah Cummings of Maryland noted in a Tuesday letter to Secret Service director Joseph Clancy.

"The committee encourages USSS to explore innovative ways to fill this staffing gap-such as detailing qualified law enforcement officials or [administrative, professional, and technical] employees from other agencies-in the short-term while continuing its long-term efforts to develop a zero-based budget and increase hiring and retention," they wrote.

DHS attempts to bolster the number of special agents have so far failed, because the staffing increases were outstripped by the number of departures over the last two years. If the problem persists, Congress could mandate major overhauls of the Secret Service to ensure that it succeeds at its core "zero-fail mission" of protecting the president.

"Although they may have only indirectly contributed to the events of that night, underlying and continuing resource and management issues are negatively affecting the Uniformed Division and, potentially, its ability to protect the White House and its occupants," the DHS inspector general warned in a report released Tuesday. "In particular, the Uniformed Division is severely understaffed, which has led to inadequate training, fatigue, low morale, and attrition."

The presidential elections are exacerbating the staffing problem by putting an additional strain on the U.S. Secret Service resources, but the larger problem is that employees are leaving faster than the agency can hire special agents.

"Nearly every USSS employee who spoke with the [inspector general] said they had serious concerns regarding UD staffing shortages," the lawmakers observed. "Some employees characterized the agency as 'hemorrhaging' employees."

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/lawmakers-say-secret-service-running-out-of-agents/article/2588972?custom_click=rss

TheTexan
04-19-2016, 07:36 PM
Just pay them better? There's no sense in trying to be cheap with the lives of our national leaders and their families. Their lives are more important than money.

And don't forget also the SS anti-counterfeiting divison. Without them to prevent it, there would be rampant printing of counterfeit money, out of thin air. I can't imagine how much damage that would cause.

oyarde
04-19-2016, 07:38 PM
If the US used real money the Secret Service would not need employees for counterfeiter's .

Weston White
04-20-2016, 03:27 AM
I have on occasion pondered what sort of desperate low life asshole would even want such a job, but I always quickly become distracted by thinking about meter-maids and code enforcement personnel. Do you think there is a relevant correlation there?

phill4paul
04-20-2016, 06:11 AM
Maybe, just maybe, if "lawmakers" had higher approval ratings they wouldn't need the SS?

oyarde
04-20-2016, 07:38 AM
I think they are talking about the uniformed field agents . The local Sheriff usually takes care of that stuff when it makes the paper .

RJB
04-20-2016, 07:44 AM
Every minor politician and family member seems to have a mob of goons around them. Maybe the politicians are too paranoid.

Bern
04-20-2016, 08:01 AM
... staffing increases were outstripped ...

Well played Washington Examiner. Well played.

oyarde
04-20-2016, 08:06 AM
Well played Washington Examiner. Well played.

I thought so .

Mani
04-20-2016, 10:34 PM
There are at least 100,000 TSA wanna be goons. I'm sure you can tap into that cesspool of knuckle dragging heroes.

tod evans
04-20-2016, 10:38 PM
Every minor politician and family member seems to have a mob of goons around them. Maybe the politicians are too paranoid.

Maybe they should be.

Danke
04-20-2016, 10:39 PM
Just got invited to phase two of the interview process.

TheUglyTruth
04-20-2016, 10:40 PM
They should hire every former F16 aviator.

brushfire
04-20-2016, 10:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KmTTy_MM5w

Lord Xar
04-20-2016, 10:53 PM

I'm fairly certain a Ron Paul supporter would be shuffled to the bottom of the pile.

ZENemy
04-21-2016, 08:23 AM
I guess after a night of hookers and blow you're ready for a new job.

oyarde
04-21-2016, 10:33 AM

You should get a pass , just get the job , no interview needed.

phill4paul
04-21-2016, 12:47 PM
I guess after a night of hookers and blow you're ready for a new job.

Maybe they cut that off and that is why they are not getting new recruits?

ZENemy
04-21-2016, 03:46 PM
Maybe they cut that off and that is why they are not getting new recruits?

haha, nailed it!

Danke
04-21-2016, 04:06 PM
I Think it is the prospects of having to serve under Hillary as president.

http://nypost.com/2015/10/02/secret-service-agents-hillary-is-a-nightmare-to-work-with/

phill4paul
04-21-2016, 04:11 PM
I Think it is the prospects of having to serve under Hillary as president.

http://nypost.com/2015/10/02/secret-service-agents-hillary-is-a-nightmare-to-work-with/

She's against hookers and blow?