PDA

View Full Version : For Get Iowa - Not Worth A Hill Of Beans

weatherbill
12-07-2007, 05:31 PM
I offer up the Ron paul campeign should forget IOWA. They are only 7 electoral votes.

Consentrate on Florida with 27 electorates!

EVERYONE IS HUNGRY FOR IOWA....LET THE VULTURES have her. We don't need Iowa. We need Florida~!

murrayrothbard
12-07-2007, 05:32 PM
The campaign is not trying to get electoral votes right now....

steph3n
12-07-2007, 05:33 PM
FL is not forgotten, Miami has an official HQ office now.

FreedomLover
I offer up the Ron paul campeign should forget IOWA. They are only 7 electoral votes.

EVERYONE IS HUNGRY FOR IOWA....LET THE VULTURES have her. We don't need Iowa. We need Florida~!

Iowa never was about the electoral votes.

transistor
florida is full of retirees scared of terrorists. let rudy have the state

Original_Intent
12-07-2007, 05:36 PM
Iowa picks corn, New Hampshire picks presidents. :D

No offense intended to our fine Iowa supporters!

weatherbill
12-07-2007, 05:37 PM
if rp can emphisise that social security is being looted, he can win florida.

IOWA is just one state. If we can win NH, we can set the momentum.......RP needs to emphisise that social security is being looted so he can win florida

rory096
12-07-2007, 05:38 PM
The electoral votes aren't why people want Iowa. If a candidate wins Iowa, the first caucus in the country, they are clearly established as the frontrunner, and they gain a TON of momentum.

recess
12-07-2007, 05:40 PM
forget Iowa , whoever wins South Carolina will in it all.

Paulitician
12-07-2007, 05:40 PM
Also, you don't go on to win the nomination if you don't come at least 3rd in Iowa

OferNave
12-07-2007, 05:42 PM
You've completely missed the point. It's not about delegates, its about the fact that it's the first state. How you rank there determines whether or not you're perceived as being a front-runner, and if you get a good rank, you will get a bump in the polls.

If we take 1st or 2nd in Iowa, it will improve our results in the next poll. Same with NH.

Paulitician
12-07-2007, 05:47 PM
Iowa and South Carolina are the two of the most important states, unfortunate as that is.

Midnight77
12-07-2007, 05:56 PM
Exactly. We need a STRONG showing in Iowa or else we can kiss it goodbye.

Birdlady
12-07-2007, 06:22 PM
I really don't see RP doing well in Iowa. It's worrying me.
Now NH on the other hand, I think he could win it!

rory096
12-07-2007, 06:25 PM
I really don't see RP doing well in Iowa. It's worrying me.
Now NH on the other hand, I think he could win it!
A win/strong showing in either could help a lot for the subsequent primaries in other states, including Super Tuesday.

OptionsTrader
12-07-2007, 06:27 PM
You've completely missed the point. It's not about delegates, its about the fact that it's the first state. How you rank there determines whether or not you're perceived as being a front-runner, and if you get a good rank, you will get a bump in the polls.

If we take 1st or 2nd in Iowa, it will improve our results in the next poll. Same with NH.

OferNave is right. It is all about perception. 95% of the population votes based on the direction of the herd, it is getting momentum that is important.

By the way, could a mod or the OP please fix all of the "For gets" and "Emphisises" in this thread? Ron Paul people are supposed to be computer literate...

praxisseizure

we won't get any electoral votes if RP doesn't win the primaries.

fortilite
Forget Iowa, who ever wins American Samoa wins the election!

Oh wait, forget this silly thread.

jashepard
12-07-2007, 06:28 PM
hey not true, i've seen Ron Paul sign's in yards, telephone polls and on bridges here in Central Florida.

Paulitician
12-07-2007, 06:31 PM
Guys, let's make it our goal to win every single early "primary" state, including Wyoming. Coming in 2nd place is not tolerable.

Furis
12-07-2007, 06:31 PM
if rp can emphisise that social security is being looted, he can win florida.

IOWA is just one state. If we can win NH, we can set the momentum.......RP needs to emphisise that social security is being looted so he can win florida

Yeah because Buchanan was our president..........

Iowa is VERY VERY VERY IMPORTANT. It sets the momentum of the whole thing and it tends to have more momentum associated with it than NH.

We need 3rd or better here or it WILL NOT happen. (that is a fact)

Paulitician
12-07-2007, 06:34 PM
Yeah because Buchanan was our president..........
Yeah, and so was John McCain to these guys :rolleyes:

As I said before, NH meant squat. If you don't do well in Iowa and SC [AT LEAST 3rd place], you can almost assuredly kiss Ron Paul getting the nomination away. It just doesn't happen. Maybe in the dreamworld you live in, but not here on Earth :confused:

Lyn
12-07-2007, 06:39 PM
Yeah, I'm canvassing and sign waving here in central fl. and I can't tell you how much support we have here. It isn't showing in polls but what do you expect. Just yesterday I was canvassing and out of the handful of homes where people were home I had several who said they were voting for Ron. The sign wave later yesterday in a busy intersection was just unbelievable with all the honks and thumbs up. Two different cars pulled over and were wanting info on the meetup group etc. Gave them bumperstickers, etc. One of the owners of a corner business in this very heavily travelled intersection came out told us he needed a sign for his home and our meetup leader talked with him and now he's gonna let us put up a very large sign on this corner. Don't count Fl out, not if I have anything to do with it. Also, remember the Dems have taken away all their delegates to punish the earlier primary here so it is easier to convince Democrats to change their party and vote Ron Paul as any vote in the Democratic primary is wasted.

jasonoliver
12-07-2007, 06:42 PM

Ron Paul is 8% in Iowa and Mitt is at 17%.

If Ron Paul supporters are twice as likely to caucus for their candidate on that icy January morning (I think they are) Ron Paul will get 2nd place.

Remember when Huck got 2nd place in the Ames straw poll? That launched his campaign and now is leading Rudy.

fortilite
12-07-2007, 06:43 PM
EVERY state counts, let's stop this horse **** about some states not mattering. No state left behind.

freelance
12-07-2007, 06:45 PM
The electoral votes aren't why people want Iowa. If a candidate wins Iowa, the first caucus in the country, they are clearly established as the frontrunner, and they gain a TON of momentum.

What's with all this electoral vote talk? We're trying to win the primary right now, not the general election. That's where electoral votes come into play.

rory096
12-07-2007, 06:48 PM
What's with all this electoral vote talk? We're trying to win the primary right now, not the general election. That's where electoral votes come into play.
Er, typo. I meant delegates for the national Republican convention.