PDA

View Full Version : Letter to the editor

Kandilynn
05-18-2007, 11:09 PM
I think we should all write a letter to the editor about Ron Paul. You can actually e-mail letters to The Pilot. I have written one, it hasn't been published yet, but I still have my fingers crossed.

The email address is: letters@pilotonline.com

Letters that are less than 300 words get more priority. You must also include your name, address and phone number in the e-mail. They won't publish your address or phone number.

I suggest writing something about the debate, or something you've seen about him on the news, or something like that.

I don't know of any other local newspapers. Does anyone else?

n664dc
05-19-2007, 09:42 AM
Daily Press, Yorktown Crier...?

Kandilynn
05-19-2007, 09:44 AM
Can you figure out the addresses to write letters to the editor for us?

SlapItHigh
05-19-2007, 11:35 AM
Daily Press is the largest on the peninsula. Here is where you can send letters to the editor electronically - http://www.dailypress.com/news/opinion/dp-public-letters2,0,1914532.customform . I haven't found a snail mail address yet but I do see this:

Letters to the Editor
If you want to submit a Letter to the Editor to appear in print and online, e-mail your letter to letters@dailypress.com.

Mark it clearly as "Letter to the Editor," include your name, your city and a daytime phone number. If you would like to confirm that your letter has been received, call (757) 247-4611.

Keep letters short. An ideal length is less than 250 words. Please stick to a single issue.

All letters are subject to editing.

http://www.dailypress.com/services/site/dp-feedback,0,6736430.htmlstory

My letter to the editor would be one big run-on sentence with many grammatical errors. I'm thinking that I will write something anyway and try to find someone to edit it for me. I'm an artist, a visual person. Writing is not my best ability.

I would like to write something that would appeal to mothers. I think that mothers would respond greatly to the freedom message, but unfortunately it seems that message has not held with most mothers. I've had a hard time finding other local mothers who are trying to raise free kids, mothers who want to raise their children in liberty. I found an online group called Mothers for Liberty so I know that they are out there, but few and far between. As a mother, I can't imagine supporting any other candidate than Ron Paul (within the 2 major parities).