PDA

View Full Version : Swiss banking whistleblower claims the CIA are behind the Panama Papers leak

donnay
04-13-2016, 09:35 AM
Swiss banking whistleblower claims the CIA are behind the Panama Papers leak as most of those named are 'enemies' of the United States

By Darren Boyle for MailOnline

Published: 03:06 EST, 13 April 2016

A whistleblower who exposed mass tax fraud involving Swiss banks and US citizens has claimed the CIA is behind the Panama Papers leak.

Bradley Birkenfeld, who served 30 months in prison, but received more than $100 million for US tax authorities revealed the extent of tax fraud at the heart of the Swiss banking industry in 2008.

Commenting on the Panama Papers scandal, he said he did not believe a single whistleblower like himself was behind the disclosure of 11 million documents from law firm Mossack Fonseca and instead suggested the intelligence services were responsible.

In an interview with CNBC from Munich, Birkenfield said: 'The CIA I'm sure is behind this, in my opinion.'

He claimed many of the names included on the list were from countries with difficult relationships with the United States.

He said: 'The very fact that we see all these names surface that are the direct quote-unquote enemies of the United States, Russia, China, Pakistan, Argentina and we don't see one U.S. name. Why is that? Quite frankly, my feeling is that this is certainly an intelligence agency operation.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3537371/Swiss-banking-whistleblower-claims-CIA-Panama-Papers-leak-named-enemies-United-States.html

puppetmaster
04-13-2016, 09:38 AM
Kinda obvious