PDA

View Full Version : How would you label or describe Ron Paul's politics?

unknown
04-12-2016, 09:53 PM
For example, when asked about gay "marriage", Ron Paul gave what I think is the perfect response, that gov't shouldnt be involved at all.

That marriage is a religious concept and should be dealt with in the churches.

Yet, the Libertarians take a position on the matter and are in favor of it...

As I research different issues and try to attach a label, I find that I may not actually be a Libertarian.

I think what I really am is a RonPaulatarian.

But what is a RonPaulatarian, how would I describe it if I were to explain it to someone?

:confused:

HVACTech
04-12-2016, 10:39 PM
For example, when asked about gay "marriage", Ron Paul gave what I think is the perfect response, that gov't shouldnt be involved at all.

As I research different issues and try to attach a label, I find that I may not actually be a Libertarian.

But what is a RonPaulatarian, how would I describe it if I were to explain it to someone?

well, first you need to understand it yourself. :)

what Ron Paul espouses, is the 1791 Constitution.
it did not allow for this decision to be made at the federal level. and also placed restrictions on what could be done on the "state" level.
it pushed the "power" to make this decision to the local level.

and that is exactly where it belongs sir. :p

ChristianAnarchist
04-12-2016, 10:42 PM
I would use the label "stealth anarchist"...

heavenlyboy34
04-12-2016, 11:31 PM

:D ;) :cool:

LibertyEagle
04-12-2016, 11:31 PM
Nope.

well, first you need to understand it yourself. :)

what Ron Paul espouses, is the 1791 Constitution.
it did not allow for this decision to be made at the federal level. and also placed restrictions on what could be done on the "state" level.
it pushed the "power" to make this decision to the local level.

and that is exactly where it belongs sir. :p

Good description.

TheTexan
04-12-2016, 11:46 PM
Ron Paul is a constitutional conservative, who recognizes the need and benefit of government, and who obviously has an admiration and deep respect for the political process,

but he has a tendency to blame America for terrorist attacks

TheTexan
04-12-2016, 11:49 PM

Nah, he seems to like roads like normal people. Never once have I seen him say he wanted to abolish all roads, so I doubt he it's an anarchist

heavenlyboy34
04-13-2016, 12:19 AM
Nah, he seems to like roads like normal people. Never once have I seen him say he wanted to abolish all roads, so I doubt he it's an anarchist
What anarchist is anti-road? :confused: Is there a hover car crony in the LP?

dannno
04-13-2016, 01:40 AM
The libertarian position on gay marriage is to get the government out of it and leave it to the churches and private organizations to do what they want.

Feeding the Abscess
04-13-2016, 01:55 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7otK5NsuA4k

This might be the most amazing interview ever given by a politician. And it was given by a presidential candidate.

Ron Paul was an incredible force for libertarian ideas.

osan
04-13-2016, 06:31 AM

George Soros helped NAZIs. Does that make Jews NAZIs?

I'm not even sure what you mean here, as your sentence structure is ambiguous. But assuming you mean that "Libertatians" are in favor of government being in marriage, I think you are smoking too many banana peels. But once again, your meaning is not precisely clear.

And perhaps Soros is not really a Jew.

Do you not see the problem here in your thinking?

Cute, perhaps, but ultimately pointless. Your quest appears as a wrong solution in search of a non-problem.

Oy.

Jamesiv1
04-13-2016, 06:58 AM
Ron Paul is a constitutional conservative, who recognizes the need and benefit of government, and who obviously has an admiration and deep respect for the political process,

but he has a tendency to blame America for terrorist attacks
Ron Paul has the bestest people, and the bestest words (better than Trump).

He has what enlightened people crave. Awesomeness.

jmdrake
04-13-2016, 07:03 AM
As others have pointed out, just because some libertarians are pro gay marriage doesn't make that a libertarian position. Some libertarians aren't.

osan
04-13-2016, 07:16 AM

Huh? Me no grokky this. If we want to play this pointless label game, perhaps I may call him a "Liberty-literate Constitutionalist". He has made it abundantly clear that he fully supports the full and proper constructionist adherence to the provisions of the US Constitution, which is in effect a minarchist architecture for government. In pure principle I disagree with even this, yet from a practical standpoint and given that we are all children of brute and mindlessly vicious Empire, I would accept even this as universes better than that under which we currently suffer.

The flaw in the Constitution (there are many, but this one is central) is its weak proscriptions against the application of force by so-called "government" upon the governed. Whether those proscriptions were originally seen as weak, or we as people have simply become so hopelessly corrupted with ignorance, avarice, fear, and lassitude that we have lost the ability of the free-man's eyes to see the proper meanings behind the Constitution's provisions is functionally irrelevant. What counts is that we, the average people, are in a state such that we are no longer able to intelligently and smartly assess the full nature and extent of Constitutional semantics. It is lost to the average man who either cannot or will not accept the truth of the adept constructionist.

The other central flaw, perhaps the most significant weakness, was granting the power to tax. That single, miserable line in A1S8 has been the key to the downfall of this nation and the corruption of its people. It is prima facie proof that the Framers either did not hold the uniformly warm and fuzzy vision of this nation so many attribute to them, or they lacked the ability to understand that to which the power of taxation must perforce ultimately lead. Or perhaps they simply made a deal with the Debt Devil in order to buy their ways out of nooses when the various creditors sent troops to collect? Doesn't much matter. At the end of the day, Theye are able to strip you of property for any reason they wish, or for no reason at all.

That is not a hallmark of a free land. It is the clear sign of the same old clapped-out, life destroying, prosperity withering, misery spawning, disease encouraging tyranny under which men have suffered by tolerance since the first leaders decided they stood above their fellows. When such men came to believe that they were entitled to that for which they pined, and chose to act on their impulses as spoiled and ill-bred children, holding those over whom they presumed to lord at the ends of the swords of their brain-washed bully boys who were willing to do the king's bidding regardless of how pervertedly corrupt, the human race lost its freedom. The allure of the hollow lies told people have demonstrated themselves so powerful that nearly all men settle to sell their souls to the Heart of Evil in exchange for absolutely nothing more than the lie itself. Men have sold their greatest treasure, their freedom, for nothing at all. That is all that the purported substance of a lie can ever be; it is not even vapor. We have very literally thrown away our birthright. Such people, therefore, deserve the misery and destruction that comes to them, and for them I hold no sympathy whatsoever, for cowardice is something I find impossible to forgive.

presence
04-13-2016, 07:50 AM

RonPaulatarian is the tireless pursuit of catallaxy by opportunistic, beseeching, and at times beguiling educational campaign.

Ronin Truth
04-13-2016, 08:02 AM
My label is totally irrelevant. The ONLY label that really counts is Ron's.

CaptUSA
04-13-2016, 08:24 AM
I really wish you wouldn't get hung up on labeling yourself or anyone else. You are an individual and that is all that matters.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Pm8jT3WzZEg/VZwZLH-pAFI/AAAAAAAAA3g/dFHsbB-i2o4/s400/quote-political-tags-such-as-royalist-communist-democrat-populist-fascist-liberal-conservative-robert-a-heinlein-12-88-88.jpg

TheTexan
04-13-2016, 09:59 AM

This might be the most amazing interview ever given by a politician. And it was given by a presidential candidate.

Huh, whadya know. Maybe he does hate roads.

unknown
04-13-2016, 08:35 PM

I'm sure I've seen this video at some point but GODDAM.

Most of the interviews during the primaries were not meant to explore or God forbid, even promote his ideals, but simply to try and attack him, which made it that much more enjoyable when Dr. Paul would verbally rape these statist minions.

ETA. As I watch this video again (and will probably watch it several more times), what these minions dont realize is that Dr. Paul is not a typical parroting politician.

This man possesses tons of real knowledge and information. When he dropped the railroad info bomb with regards to Hill and the Great Northern Railway, I thought the minion's head was gonna explode.

ETA2. My God... Its just one knowledge bomb after another. From Eisenhower and his justification of interstate roads to the housing bubble to the DOE's massive failure...

unknown
04-13-2016, 09:06 PM
I really wish you wouldn't get hung up on labeling yourself or anyone else. You are an individual and that is all that matters.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Pm8jT3WzZEg/VZwZLH-pAFI/AAAAAAAAA3g/dFHsbB-i2o4/s400/quote-political-tags-such-as-royalist-communist-democrat-populist-fascist-liberal-conservative-robert-a-heinlein-12-88-88.jpg

I agree with you 100%.

As Dr. Paul says, he views everyone as individuals.

During election cycles the question gets asked repeatedly, "are a you Republican, Democrat, Liberal or Conservative"?

In an attempt to enlighten people, I want them to understand that there are other options, a much better way.

This was the main reason for my question.

Maybe something like, A Limited Government Constitutional Libertarian.

unknown
04-13-2016, 09:09 PM
...but he has a tendency to blame America for terrorist attacks

By America, you mean the policies and actions of our government overseas?

TheTexan
04-13-2016, 09:12 PM
By America, you mean the policies and actions of our government overseas?

Yep. America never did anything to anybody that didn't have it coming.

I certainly wont apologize for America killing terrorists, terrorists' children, terrorists' neighbors, their acquaintances, people in the general vicinity of terrorists, or people in the vicinity of where we think terrorists might be.

unknown
04-13-2016, 09:14 PM
Yep. America never did anything to anybody that didn't have it coming.

Sorry, I cant tell if youre being serious or not.

Youre saying that everything that our government has done overseas was justified?

TheTexan
04-13-2016, 09:20 PM
Sorry, I cant tell if youre being serious or not.

Youre saying that everything that our government has done overseas was justified?

I don't like the manner in which we left Vietnam. Some people incorrectly think we lost that war. If only we had carpet bombed it more thoroughly they wouldnt have that impression.

But I like to think we learned from that mistake.

unknown
04-17-2016, 09:53 AM
I don't like the manner in which we left Vietnam. Some people incorrectly think we lost that war. If only we had carpet bombed it more thoroughly they wouldnt have that impression.

But I like to think we learned from that mistake.

Ok, I'll play along.

I also think that our use of chemical weapons, Napalm and Agent Orange, were disgustingly under utilized.