PDA

View Full Version : The Scene at Hy-Vee Hall in DSM

Dave
06-29-2007, 10:09 PM
I've finally returned from a trip where I had limited access to the internet so I haven't posted in a while...

I was in downtown Des Moines today and checked out the scene at Hy-Vee Hall. The Ron Paul event is literally the next door down in the convention hall from the ITR/ICA forum. Our room is curtained-off into an area smaller than the forum's room but the number of chairs looks to be about 1,000 in each. I could see a sign at the registration table for the forum that said "no signs, no buttons". Humpff. I wonder if they'll let me in if I write Ron Paul on my forehead with a sharpie?

I checked the parking lot that everyone will meet in tomorrow - there was a trailer parked there that said "Ron Paul 2008.com for President". The trailer was nice but the lettering was done with colored tape. Still probably better than I could have done. The vehicle pulling it had Arkansas plates. They must have been out to dinner - or asleep in the back. I suppose these people will be selling things tomorrow.

The big event is just hours away now...

ScotTX
06-29-2007, 10:13 PM
Man, I wish I could be there! I know it's gonna be awesome! How about some live webcam action? Can anyone hook that up???

MozoVote
06-29-2007, 10:19 PM
Good grief. Hunter is under investigation and running low on money... but he's still going to attend the IFTR forum?

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/vote2008/blog/2007/06/hunter_already_faltering_in_ke.html

mdh
06-29-2007, 10:20 PM
Hmmm, not an official campaign vehicle, I don't think. Granny Warriors, maybe?

torchbearer
06-29-2007, 10:32 PM
I'm anxious. i hope the people turn out.

PatriotOne
06-29-2007, 10:37 PM
I nominate this as the stupidest comment I have heard all day:

Despite his firm pro-war stance, Hunter continues to trail fellow Republicans in key primary state polls. In a recent CNN poll judging New Hampshire opinion, Hunter garnered zero percent as the poll noted no participant chose to support the candidate.

CJLauderdale4
06-29-2007, 10:43 PM
Good grief. Hunter is under investigation and running low on money... but he's still going to attend the IFTR forum?

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/vote2008/blog/2007/06/hunter_already_faltering_in_ke.html

Even worse, Hunter was one of only 2 candidates invited to speak at the Young Republicans Convention on July 4th...

Mitt Romney will be there too.

AND so will the RP supporters in South Florida!!

torchbearer
06-29-2007, 10:59 PM
Even worse, Hunter was one of only 2 candidates invited to speak at the Young Republicans Convention on July 4th...

AND so will the RP supporters in South Florida!!

Crash that party!!! hehehe!!! Whereever liberty is threatened, we will be there.

dmitchell
06-29-2007, 11:06 PM

I believe they are the two candidates Ann Coulter has openly praised. Coincidence?

nayjevin
06-29-2007, 11:34 PM
Young Republicans Convention = Hannity Heads In Training

torchbearer
06-29-2007, 11:35 PM
where is this video i've been hearing about with josh in iowa?

ecliptic
06-29-2007, 11:47 PM
I wish I could be there... anyone who can make this.... GO FORTH!!! Make us proud !!!

Keep in the back of your mind that the standard m.o. for the establishment would be to send in troublemakers to attempt to smear the Ron Paul campaign. In my opinion this will backfire badly, but they might be dumb enough to try it anyway so look for it. This type of problem has shown itself at WTO protests and other events... Dating back to the sixties. Be ready with video cameras, separate the Ron Paul rally from provocateurs, film them, and post it on the web. Follow up and find out the identity of any provocateurs and determine any affiliation with law enforcement.

Having said that... HAVE FUN !!!!

for inspiration:

These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country: but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of a man and a woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.
- Thomas Paine "The Crisis" December 23, 1776

hroos
06-29-2007, 11:59 PM
I plan on hosting a huge BBQ for the Young Republicans Friday... I am trying to get the word out and put this together quickly... PM or email me if you are interested. I am willing to drop some $$ to get it started. This Friday there will be a Straw Poll at the Young Republicans Convention following a dinner hosted by Fmr Gov Romney. Yes I am certainly trying to influence that vote. Anyone with me?