PDA

View Full Version : Bernie Sanders To Meet With Pope Francis To Discuss Economics, Environment

r3volution 3.0
04-08-2016, 01:21 PM
Watermelons of the world, unite!

Surprise – Bernie Sanders is a big fan of the Pope and now he’s headed to the Vatican.

On Friday, the Sanders campaign announced that the Vermont senator and Democratic presidential candidate had accepted an invitation from the Vatican to attend a conference on social, economic and environmental issues.

“I am a big, big fan of the Pope,” Sanders, who would be the first Jewish U.S. president, said on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” confirming news that he will leave the campaign trail after next week’s CNN debate in Brooklyn to attend the conference hosted by the Pontifical Academy of Social Sciences. “I am delighted to have been invited by the Vatican to a meeting on restoring social justice and environmental sustainability to the world economy,” Sanders said in a statement.

source (https://www.salon.com/2016/04/08/bernie_and_pope_francis_team_up_sanders_set_to_spe ak_at_the_vatican_on_economic_and_social_issues/)

Ronin Truth
04-08-2016, 01:28 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?493525-Bernie-Sanders-plans-short-hiatus-from-New-York-campaign-trail-to-speak-at-the-Vatican

Natural Citizen
04-08-2016, 01:59 PM
I don't think he'll meet with the Pope. While he was invited to the Vatican, it wasn't an invitation from the Pope himself. And he wouldn't meet with Sanders anyhow given an election cycle.

Although, I do maintain that this is a particularly secular Pope. He is very popular with secular society. Very worldy in that way. Politically correct at times.

04-08-2016, 02:34 PM
Eh, it can't hurt. I like this Pope, he seems like a good person. I think Sanders is a good person too, even if I don't agree with him. The two meeting can't be a bad thing.

Natural Citizen
04-08-2016, 02:40 PM
Eh, it can't hurt. I like this Pope, he seems like a good person. I think Sanders is a good person too, even if I don't agree with him. The two meeting can't be a bad thing.

But they aren't meeting.

dannno
04-08-2016, 02:44 PM

OMG... please don't defend or encourage pathological altruism...thanks..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqIYznUlwtA

When people feel like they are doing good, they get [a dopamine] high. If you are getting the hit, then it doesn't matter what the results are.

These people, the Pope, Bernie Sanders and liberals in general are drug addicts, they get the same high from pretending they are helping people that other people get from doing cocaine.. but instead of just hurting themselves they are inherently bringing everybody else down with them.

If I recall, you aren't one that is horribly opposed to punishing people for doing drugs, even if they aren't hurting anybody else.

This is extremely hypocritical of you.

04-08-2016, 03:03 PM
But they aren't meeting.

I'd be surprised if they are in the same building and don't.

OMG... please don't defend or encourage pathological altruism...thanks..

These people, the Pope, Bernie Sanders and liberals in general are drug addicts, they get the same high from pretending they are helping people that other people get from doing cocaine.. but instead of just hurting themselves they are inherently bringing everybody else down with them.

If I recall, you aren't one that is horribly opposed to punishing people for doing drugs, even if they aren't hurting anybody else.

This is extremely hypocritical of you.

Maybe you should go smoke some dope and chill out. That was the most twisted logical argument I have read lately.

dannno
04-08-2016, 03:08 PM
Maybe you should go smoke some dope and chill out. That was the most twisted logical argument I have read lately.

Maybe you are just too stupid to understand the argument.

If you watch the video I posted, there is cited, peer-reviewed scientific evidence for everything I said.

r3volution 3.0
04-08-2016, 10:29 PM
I don't think he'll meet with the Pope. While he was invited to the Vatican, it wasn't an invitation from the Pope himself. And he wouldn't meet with Sanders anyhow given an election cycle.

Although, I do maintain that this is a particularly secular Pope. He is very popular with secular society. Very worldy in that way. Politically correct at times.

Let's be blunt.

This "Pope" (sede vacante) is a bolshevik, just like Bernie.

...who is an atheist Jew, btw.

All Catholics (of which I am not one) should be shitting bricks right about now.