PDA

View Full Version : Jebstate's Erick Erickson endorses Paul Ryan for re-election

RandallFan
04-07-2016, 09:53 PM
Erick Erickson endorses Paul Ryan for re-election (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/erick-erickson-endorses-paul-ryan-for-re-election/article/2587818)Washington Examiner‎ - 1 day ago

Erick Erickson wrote on his website Wednesday that Paul Ryan is "the steadiest hand in the tumultuous seas right now," even as many ...Townhall.com Staff - Erick Erickson endorses Paul Ryan for re-election (http://townhall.com/news/around-the-web/2016/04/06/erick-erickson-endorses-paul-ryan-for-reelection-n2144604)Townhall‎ - 1 day ago

SpiritOf1776_J4
04-07-2016, 09:59 PM
Erick Erickson endorses Paul Ryan for re-election (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/erick-erickson-endorses-paul-ryan-for-re-election/article/2587818)Washington Examiner‎ - 1 day ago

Erick Erickson wrote on his website Wednesday that Paul Ryan is "the steadiest hand in the tumultuous seas right now," even as many ...Townhall.com Staff - Erick Erickson endorses Paul Ryan for re-election (http://townhall.com/news/around-the-web/2016/04/06/erick-erickson-endorses-paul-ryan-for-reelection-n2144604)Townhall‎ - 1 day ago

The turning on Ted Cruz has begun. He is of no further use to them, and will be soundly defeated in New York.

The cruzbots will finally realize what we've been telling them the whole time - the establishment was using them.

CPUd
04-07-2016, 10:19 PM
They won't flip on Cruz until the convention, he's still useful now.

SpiritOf1776_J4
04-07-2016, 10:31 PM
They won't flip on Cruz until the convention, he's still useful now.

Erik Erikson is a big part of the neocon movement - a mouthpiece of sorts. He was mentioned in some of the articles we had on secret meetings a month ago. If he has turned, then they have started to turn.

Anti-Trump Republicans to Hold Closed-Door Meeting Thursday on Third Party Run Against Trump

Jim Hoft Mar 16th, 2016 2:39 pm 209 Comments

Top anti-Trump Republicans will meet in Washington DC on Thursday on how to plot a third party run.

The meeting was organized by RedState founder Erick Erickson who has vowed to never vote for Trump – even if it means a Hillary Clinton presidency.

Billionaires at that secret ‘Stop Trump’ Sea Island meeting
Submitted by IWB, on March 24th, 2016

Borrowing the opening lines of nothing less than Karl Marx’s Communist Manifesto — and entirely oblivious to the irony of a conservative mouthing a communist — Bill Kristol, founder of the supposedly-conservative magazineWeekly Standard, wrote in an emailed report from the AEI meeting:

“A specter was haunting the World Forum — the specter of Donald Trump. There was much unhappiness about his emergence, a good deal of talk, some of it insightful and thoughtful, about why he’s done so well, and many expressions of hope that he would be defeated.”

Bill Kristol's father founded the neocon movement.

r3volution 3.0
04-07-2016, 10:35 PM
I wonder if any Trump supporter can point out a policy issue where Trump is better than Ryan from a libertarian perspective.

Ryan's pretty horrible, but, needless to say, so is Trump.

Any takers?

On the other side, I'll start with a few issues where Ryan's better:
-wants to cut entitlements (Trump opposes all such cuts)
-doesn't want a 45% tax on imports
-doesn't want to spend $500 billion deporting millions of people, only to allow most of them back in
-is not openly in favor of socialized medicine

CPUd
04-07-2016, 11:02 PM
Erik Erikson is a big part of the neocon movement - a mouthpiece of sorts. He was mentioned in some of the articles we had on secret meetings a month ago. If he has turned, then they have started to turn.

Bill Kristol's father founded the neocon movement.

Is he not allowed to support both Cruz and Paul Ryan?

RandallFan
04-07-2016, 11:28 PM
Trump is better on war and immigration; and inciting Europe & Latin countries to overthrow their corrupt leaders..

The TPP will lead to gun and ammo import bans.

Paul Ryan has had been a big open borders guy his whole career modelled on Jack Kemp.

Of course Trump has flip flops on immigration, but Trump has never some fixation with open borders or kissing the ring of Mexico, new world order boner. Trump has a narrow parth of winning the rustbelt and politically he has an incentive not to be open borders or make it worse.

Trump with his jewish in-laws, friends & businessman as Jewish people, has no fear of attacking the the neocon lobby and 10 new wars as opposed to Rand with his southern drawl and Paul Ryan/kasich with his midwest bible basher stuff (god told me to ring kiss mexico, god told me to expand medicaide, god told me to bomb Iraq). No one can tag him for pointing out the obvious that starting wars all the time is stupid.

Trump: Israel spies on us too, you know - MFP - Mofo Politics (http://www.mofopolitics.com/2016/01/03/trump-come-on-israel-spies-on-us-too/)

www.mofopolitics.com/2016/01/.../trump-come-on-israel-spies-on-us-to...

Jan 3, 2016 - Just last month, as you may recall, Trump trolled wealthy Jews… ... Most Republicans– those with southern accents, especially– don't have the same luxury. Rand Paul, for example, must grovel constantly for GOP donor ...

ArrestPoliticians
04-08-2016, 07:30 AM
I wonder if any Trump supporter can point out a policy issue where Trump is better than Ryan from a libertarian perspective.

Any takers?

-doesn't want to spend $500 billion deporting millions of people, only to allow most of them back in

28 Pages of 9/11 report, Audit the Fed, NATO, peace with Russia, no nation building, no TPP, anti-PC, not endorsed by the neo-cons

r3volution 3.0
04-08-2016, 12:28 PM
28 Pages of 9/11 report

There's no reason to think he would release those pages.

Audit the Fed

He praised the Fed's response to the 2008 banking crisis (and the TARP bailout).

What makes you think he would want to undermine the banking cartel?

...to whom, BTW, he currently owes billions of dollars in business loans.

NATO, peace with Russia

Vague statements about being more friendly with Putin...

...meh

no nation building

Contrary to his current claims/lies, he was in favor of the 2003 Iraq War at the time.

There's also no record of him opposing the Libyan War of 2011, and he praised Hillary's work as Sec. of State the following year.

no TPP

i.e. protectionist, wants a 45% tax on = not a selling point from a libertarian perspective

anti-PC

Meh, non-issue

not endorsed by the neo-cons

Except Rudy Giuliani and Chris Christie, and the several neocons he's named as foreign policy advisors.

silverhandorder
04-08-2016, 12:37 PM
Redstate that place is scary. Any time I try to read it it's dumb neck lies and propaganda. Kinda like cUPD lvl of sophistication.

ArrestPoliticians
04-08-2016, 12:56 PM
There's no reason to think he would release those pages.

He praised the Fed's response to the 2008 banking crisis (and the TARP bailout).

What makes you think he would want to undermine the banking cartel?

...to whom, BTW, he currently owes billions of dollars in business loans.

Vague statements about being more friendly with Putin...

...meh

Contrary to his current claims/lies, he was in favor of the 2003 Iraq War at the time.

There's also no record of him opposing the Libyan War of 2011, and he praised Hillary's work as Sec. of State the following year.

i.e. protectionist, wants a 45% tax on = not a selling point from a libertarian perspective

Meh, non-issue

Except Rudy Giuliani and Chris Christie, and the several neocons he's named as foreign policy advisors.

You realize of course that when we are comparing politicians, we generally just go on their statements. Paul Ryan as well, since he has not actually done anything other than water-carry for the establishment as a legislator. As far as where you say there is no evidence, the evidence is his statements.

http://tomwoods.com/podcast/ep-636-libertarians-for-trump-a-debate/
cool debate, listening now

r3volution 3.0
04-08-2016, 12:59 PM
You realize of course that when we are comparing politicians, we generally just go on their statements. Paul Ryan as well, since he has not actually done anything other than water-carry for the establishment as a legislator. As far as where you say there is no evidence, the evidence is his statements.

Which issue are you talking about?

The 28 pages?

If so, where did make a statement that he would declassify them?

Jamesiv1
04-08-2016, 01:05 PM

Any takers?
Policy issue: Winning
Trump --> Win
Ryan --> Lose

Policy issue: Making Deals
Trump --> Great deals
Ryan --> Total disaster deals

Policy issue: American Greatness
Trump --> Yes
Ryan --> No

Policy issue: Using Words
Trump --> the Best words
Ryan --> just so-so words

r3volution 3.0
04-08-2016, 01:12 PM
Policy issue: Winning
Trump --> Win
Ryan --> Lose

Policy issue: Making Deals
Trump --> Great deals
Ryan --> Total disaster deals

Policy issue: American Greatness
Trump --> Yes
Ryan --> No

Policy issue: Using Words
Trump --> the Best words
Ryan --> just so-so words

Okay, I'm sold.

Let's Make America Great Again!

ArrestPoliticians
04-08-2016, 01:24 PM
Which issue are you talking about?

The 28 pages?

If so, where did make a statement that he would declassify them?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29Q7chaM29A

Cleaner44
04-08-2016, 02:04 PM

Any takers?

Where did you ever get the stupid idea that Trump advocates for libertarian positions and policies?

r3volution 3.0
04-08-2016, 09:24 PM
Where did you ever get the stupid idea that Trump advocates for libertarian positions and policies?

You're right, it's a silly notion based on wishful thinking.

Thank you for the slap in the head.

...only an imbecile would think a Trump administration would advance libertarian goals.

r3volution 3.0
04-08-2016, 09:26 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29Q7chaM29A

Transcript please, I'm not watching his stupid bullshit.

pcosmar
04-08-2016, 09:50 PM
WTF?

Redstate that place is scary. Any time I try to read it it's dumb neck lies and propaganda. Kinda like cUPD lvl of sophistication.

OK,, Redstate explains some..

but I am having a twilight zone moment.

silverhandorder
04-09-2016, 09:29 AM
CPUd*

NOVALibertarian
04-09-2016, 01:00 PM

Any takers?

Immigration.

Paul Ryan is willing to sell out the American people for the Chamber of Commerce. At least Trump seems to (somewhat) care about America's future.