PDA

View Full Version : New MoneyBomb Organizing

francioshouse
12-07-2007, 03:58 PM
A new post Tea Party money bomb is organizing. For more info visit Regional Money Bomb (http://www.geocities.com/francisklinkner/ronpaul.html).

Warning: This site has a very small Hourly transfer limit so if you don't get through please try again later.

David A. Gay, Sr.
12-07-2007, 04:32 PM
My group is planning A HUGE fundraising day for the 29th of December!!

How can I get in touch with these people EARLY ON to have a New York State Money Bomb coincide with this day??

PLEASE HELP!! THIS WOULD MAKE IT A BIG DEAL!!
Especially on the heels of the Tea Party event!

Plus we don't want to make these events too far out to be influential in New York's primaries!!

that was my point in trying to get support on December 29th.

PatriotOne
12-07-2007, 04:39 PM
No offense but I would absolutely not participate in a moneybomb started by anyone with no creds established on the boards or Meet-Up.com sites and I would advice the same of everyone. There are just way too many frauds and people looking to sabotage the campaign.

Is this your website? Perhaps you have creds on Meet-Up.com or something?

lastnymleft
12-07-2007, 05:24 PM
My group is planning A HUGE fundraising day for the 29th of December!!

There's already money bombs organized for December 31st. Why muddy the waters?

http://www.donate2008.org
http://www.ronpaulmoneyball.com

lastnymleft
12-07-2007, 05:30 PM
No offense but I would absolutely not participate in a moneybomb started by anyone with no creds established on the boards or Meet-Up.com sites and I would advice the same of everyone. There are just way too many frauds and people looking to sabotage the campaign.

I have to agree. With all this money floating around, there most likely WILL be scammers try to take advantage of it, so people do need to be cautious. One way to be cautious is to check out the background of those behind the ventures, to determine if they are genuine supporters.

Soccrmastr
12-08-2007, 04:42 PM
Are you guys retarded, these are pledge sites. Everyone will be donating at the campaign site only. How in the world will pledging somehow equate to an elaborate credit card scam? And as for PatriorOne's dumbass comment about only hopping on events planned by people with "meet-up cred" whatever that means, then using his logic the grassroots would not be anywhere it is today. The whole point of the grassroots is for everyone to freely share ideas and plans, not just listen to on person with "cred." And you say there are too manyf rauds people tryign to sabotage the campaign etc, you have NO proof of this.

PatriotOne
12-08-2007, 05:20 PM
Are you guys retarded, these are pledge sites. Everyone will be donating at the campaign site only. How in the world will pledging somehow equate to an elaborate credit card scam? And as for PatriorOne's dumbass comment about only hopping on events planned by people with "meet-up cred" whatever that means, then using his logic the grassroots would not be anywhere it is today. The whole point of the grassroots is for everyone to freely share ideas and plans, not just listen to on person with "cred." And you say there are too manyf rauds people tryign to sabotage the campaign etc, you have NO proof of this.

Am I retarded? No. But I do question other individuals intellectual facilities when they feel the need to call people "retarded". Name calling is for children or for those who have no other intellectual way to express themselves. And frankly, now I suspect you lack the ability to grasp the reasons why the original purpose of this thread is not a good idea and I won't bother to explain myself to you. I assume most on this board don't need such an explanation and if they want to bother, they can have it.

francioshouse
12-08-2007, 08:35 PM
1) New York is in Region 1 and following my schedule would give Dec. 29, as you wish.

2) i am a member of 2 Meet-up groups #55 and #1145

3) I know there are already Money bombs planned for Dec. 31 and my website directs people in Region 2 to register at Donate 2008 and contains a link to that site.

4) I'm unsure how anyone could be skeptical of a site that encourages regular giving to the Ron Paul campaign. I could understand if I was funneling the donations through my site, but I'm not. All donations are to be made at the official campaign website. I only collect email address to send people reminders to donate. The exact same thing everyone else seems to be doing.

5) Don't register If you don't want to. The point of my site isn't to collect some insane number email addresses. The goal is to get people to commit to regular giving so the campaign can rely on a consistent revenue stream. If it makes you more comfortable just mark the dates on your calendar and give without pledging. That's just fine with me. Like you and everyone else here, I'm just trying to find a way to help the campaign. I do however, appreciate your caution.

theantirobot
12-08-2007, 11:25 PM
There are too many money bombs! No one is going to get a successful money bomb unless we coordinate our efforts on a few big ones. Once a month tops. It would be fun to track our growth like that. We could encourage new converts to donate on the next money bomb. I propose a money bomb committee/website to plan out money bombs until the election. I offer my assistance in promoting any such website/plan should it choose to happen.

RP4U&ME
12-10-2007, 06:28 AM
I would argue that after Tea Party, there should be a moratorium on money bombs.
Tea Party will push official campaign donations to well over $16 million for the quarter.
They've intimated they don't know how to spend the money they already have, so giving them even more is probably not the most efficient use of funds.
There are many worthy chip-ins that are underfunded and go directly to specific, targeted efforts on the ground. I believe that once we make the headlines on the 16th, we should direct this grassroots money pool toward grassroots projects. Like the NH TV spots for example. We'll get a far greater return on our money.

voytechs
12-10-2007, 06:39 AM
You're gonna have a hard time organizing that many people by region. Single money bomb, advertised and given atleast 4 weeks break from the previous one is the best way to go. People want to participate in the big bombs not in lots of little ones.

kylejack
12-10-2007, 06:40 AM
I would argue that after Tea Party, there should be a moratorium on money bombs.
Tea Party will push official campaign donations to well over $16 million for the quarter.
They've intimated they don't know how to spend the money they already have, so giving them even more is probably not the most efficient use of funds.
There are many worthy chip-ins that are underfunded and go directly to specific, targeted efforts on the ground. I believe that once we make the headlines on the 16th, we should direct this grassroots money pool toward grassroots projects. Like the NH TV spots for example. We'll get a far greater return on our money.
I disagree with a moratorium on moneybombs, because the market can work these things out. I agree, however, that we can get a better return for our money funding the opnh.org ads. Those Jeremiah Black ads are so amazing, and it would be a shame to see them go to waste.

MozoVote
12-10-2007, 07:13 AM

I agree. This is what I plan to do. We should support *ourselves* too, and the PACs are a more efficient use of funds.

CelestialRender
12-10-2007, 07:22 AM
No more money bombs. After Q4, we need to reevaluate where we are...focus on chipins in important states, PACs, or the official campaign...but in a much more low-key, constant way.

lastnymleft
12-10-2007, 09:40 AM
They've intimated they don't know how to spend the money they already have, ...

That was just a subtle-joke Dr Paul made, to imply the magnificent fundraising capabilities of the movement, during the Florida debate. I thought he made his point rather well.

My own recommendation re: money-bombs is:

(1) Everybody who can SHOULD max out to $2300 on December 16th.

(2) Everybody not maxed out after Dec 16th should give to the weekly moneybombs thereafter, to enable the campaign to plan media buys with confidence. http://www.ronpaulmoneybomb.com

(2) there should be approximately monthly money bombs. Some key dates have been discussed previously, including such ones as Martin Luther King Day, April 15 tax day, July 4th, Dr Paul's birthday (August 20).

The regular money bombs should bring in ~$1M/week, and the monthly money bombs should bring in about ~$5M/bomb. With another million or so in long-tail and "background" effect donations, that should give Dr Paul ~$10M/month. That's the sort of money he needs to take him right through for the ten months of next year till the vote. It'll also be the $100M that he said he would need to run the race that he wanted (more if you count the donations thus far).

If we set this up, and prove to the campaign that we can deliver the dollars - on a regular basis - then Dr Paul will have all he needs to make the decision to keep running, even if he doesn't get the GOP nomination.