PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Cheerleaders?

OferNave
12-07-2007, 03:52 PM
I've been holding off on suggesting this for a while, cause I didn't think we'd have the, um, base to make this possible, but with the Ron Paul Hotties calendar about to be released...

Do you guys think it would be cool to put together a Ron Paul cheerleading team? It would have to be humorous, but not parody - they would have to have real cheerleader experience, so they can give an impressive performance. We can write some informative, catchy, and funny cheers, and challenge the as-of-yet non-existent teams of the other candidates, like in those cheerleader tournaments.

I mean, we generally like to hit every niche and try to appeal to every demographic, right?

I imagine the biggest obstacle is finding a cluster of volunteers close enough to each other geographically to make it possible to assemble in real life and tape the performance.

slantedview
12-07-2007, 03:52 PM
a video of a ron paul cheer is all that would be needed. throw it on youtube, and we're golden :)

jgmaynard
12-07-2007, 03:55 PM
Sounds like a great idea... Run with it. :D

JM

theantirobot
12-07-2007, 04:00 PM
Yeah you should make a new cheer every week and put it online. It could turn into something huge.

OferNave
12-07-2007, 04:01 PM
Sounds like a great idea... Run with it. :D

JM

I'm a former nerd who hated high schooll, ignores sports, and cringes when he sees cheerleaders. I'm simply decent at coming up with creative ideas. I am not the person to run with this. :) But I think we should do it, and I would support it however I can.

Really, whether or not this can happen is entirely dependent on either cheerleaders or people who are good friends with them posting here and saying "wow, that rocks, can we participate". If that happens, we have potential. If it doesn't, there's nothing to "run" with.

Lucid American
12-07-2007, 04:06 PM
Give me a line up, and I can definitely pick out some good cheerleaders. ;)

RPinSEAZ
12-07-2007, 04:07 PM
Ron Paul he's our man, if he can't stop the Fed no one can, Yaaayyy!!!!

Give me a G
Give me an O
Give me an L
Give me a D

What's that spell? Gold standard Yayyy!!!

OferNave
12-07-2007, 05:41 PM
bump

Where's your school spirit!?

(I can't believe I just said that.)

mosquitobite
12-07-2007, 05:44 PM
Ron Paul he's our man
L - I - B - E -R TEAAAA!

Ginobili
12-07-2007, 05:49 PM
I dont know if I could survive watching a Ron Paul Cheerleader squad.

Ron Paul + Hot Cheerleaders = Not enough blood to brain.

IowaSupport
12-07-2007, 05:54 PM
Doesn't this plan require women?

Maybe RP's appearance on the View will help out in that area.

OferNave
12-07-2007, 05:57 PM
We have women. At least twelve, if the Hotties calendar isn't sporting drag queens.

RTsquared
12-07-2007, 06:00 PM
I dont know if I could survive watching a Ron Paul Cheerleader squad.

Ron Paul + Hot Cheerleaders = Not enough blood to brain.

I was trying to figure out a way to phrase such a sentiment. Thank you!!! ;)

Ginobili
12-07-2007, 06:02 PM
I was trying to figure out a way to phrase such a sentiment. Thank you!!! ;)

Your welcome :P

OferNave
12-07-2007, 07:08 PM
Would be cool to have videos of the cheerleaders going up to people on the street and answering questions about monetary policy. Maybe start to combat the perception in America that intelligence is uncool. :)

Lucid American
12-07-2007, 07:19 PM
HA! Now THAT'S a "Land Force" hahaha

Call them the Paulettes.

Ginobili
12-09-2007, 12:05 AM
Bump, because I think its a good idea >_>

JenHarris
12-09-2007, 12:37 AM
I think we should be figuring out ways to appeal to the people we haven't reached yet like women and the over 50 crowd...cheerleaders and sexy calendars don't do much for either.

jasonoliver
12-09-2007, 12:39 AM
Where do I sign up?

http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/60/60641/folders/32250/989523FatManAtComputer.jpg

Roxi
12-09-2007, 12:47 AM
:eek: at the guy above me

OFER when are u coming to hang out with us again??? did you see our new videos???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmM23_5NRDE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW6w0_SVc6E

oh yeah and we could definitely use some cheerleaders

edit: ps what the hell was that guy thinking, better yet what was the person who took that picture thinking... sheesh

NewEnd
12-09-2007, 12:52 AM
Awesome Idea, I think.

And it would be cool to have a new video every week.

This thread was worth it just for the laughs, if it doesn't happen.

Thrice
12-09-2007, 12:54 AM
This revolution needs moar sexy men, imho.

XelR8r
12-09-2007, 12:58 AM
I have a cheer leading squad captain working for me.

I'm sure with the prospect of national exposure the squad would be very interested.

We need uniforms though.

kill the banks
12-09-2007, 01:04 AM
hmmm , i thought ron paul girl was our head cheerleader !?
personally the governor of alaska is my pick !

kill the banks

DirtMcGirt
12-09-2007, 01:34 AM
I'm looking to adapt an english soccer(football) chant to Ron Paul... Chelsea or Arsenal... you can get their ring tones and wiki has their lyrics

francisco
12-09-2007, 01:36 AM

I'm sure with the prospect of national exposure the squad would be very interested.

We need uniforms though.

Might be even better without uniforms.

OferNave
12-09-2007, 01:40 AM
OFER when are u coming to hang out with us again??? did you see our new videos???

I have to stay home so I'm not tempted off my diet. Don't wanna look like that guy in the photo. 16 pounds and counting. I'm tempted to register ronpauldiet.com and use my weightloss to shameless promote him. :)

Going to the Tea Party?

XelR8r
12-09-2007, 01:42 AM
Might be even better without uniforms.

LOL...

Oh, much better, except for that whole jail sentence thing...They are a High school squad.
:o

OferNave
12-09-2007, 01:45 AM

We need uniforms though.

Let me know if that's a serious possibility, and I'll register a domain and put a call out for lyrics. I can set up a chip-in for uniforms and equipment, and pitch in myself a bit. Keep in mind, since I'm on the other side of the country, you'll either have to do your own camera work or find other supporters nearby who can help out. All I can do is financial and virtual.

PS-I'm so jealous that you live in Yosemite. The first 30 minutes of the drive coming in from the East Gate in spring is a like a prolonged orgasm. I've given an oath that I will someday return to there with shrooms.

francisco
12-09-2007, 01:49 AM
LOL...

Oh, much better, except for that whole jail sentence thing...They are a High school squad.
:o

That wasn't me, officer, it was my evil twin!

OferNave
12-09-2007, 01:50 AM
This revolution needs moar sexy men, imho.

Come on, just look at all the hotties in the OLFD videos roxy linked to.

OferNave
12-09-2007, 01:52 AM
BTW-roxi

Went for a drive a few days ago, from Portsmouth down the beach to Seabrook, then west for a bit, then up through Exeter and back home, distributing 40 Ron Paul lawn signs. Hope you guys like the new landscaping.

sickmint79
12-09-2007, 03:33 AM
http://www.myspace.com/jointheronpaulrevolution

Roxi
12-09-2007, 12:23 PM
I have to stay home so I'm not tempted off my diet. Don't wanna look like that guy in the photo. 16 pounds and counting. I'm tempted to register ronpauldiet.com and use my weightloss to shameless promote him. :)

Going to the Tea Party?

GREAT JOB how are you doing it? and you will NEVER look like that guy ;)

yes were going to the tea party!!

OferNave
12-09-2007, 05:17 PM
GREAT JOB how are you doing it? and you will NEVER look like that guy ;)

yes were going to the tea party!!

Strict low carb.

Can I carpool with you guys? I'll throw in for gas.

Todd McGreevy
12-23-2007, 10:44 PM
www.ronpaulringtones.org (http://www.ronpaulringtones.org)
I set this site up two days ago. Would love to see more ring tones created from actual statements from Dr. Paul. Could be really good viral marketing, especially with the more tech savvy younger voters... hearing Dr. Paul's voice state "never take a country to war without the permission of Congress" three times in a row while in line waiting for your latte could be a good conversation starter. Certainly more interesting than discussing Romney's lawn boy or Ghouliani's mistress security.
You can email your own ringtones for the site to mytone@ronpaulringtones.org
Thanks,
Todd