PDA

View Full Version : Paul Right Behind Mccain and Thompson in Latest National Poll

kevman657
12-07-2007, 03:44 PM
"In the race for the Republican Presidential Nomination, it’s Mike Huckabee on top at 22% and Rudy Giuliani close behind at 18%. Mitt Romney earns 13%, John McCain 12% and Fred Thompson has slipped to single digits at 9% (see recent daily numbers). Ron Paul is the only other candidate with measurable support and he currently attracts 7% of Likely Republican Primary voters nationwide."

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_2008__1/2008_presidential_election/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

kylejack
12-07-2007, 03:47 PM
Nah, yesterday was 8%.

jgmaynard
12-07-2007, 03:47 PM
SSSSSsssssssssssssssssssewwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttttttttttttttttttttt coverage :) Wolf and Abby handin' out the Paul love.... Yeah.. :D

JM

slantedview
12-07-2007, 03:50 PM
huck jumped to 22% nationally?

azminuteman
12-07-2007, 03:56 PM

Yeah, something doesn't seem right.

"If the Presidential Election were held today, would you vote for Huckabee to be President or Vice President?"

I imagine that must have been the language.

AlexMerced
12-07-2007, 04:03 PM
we're gonna fluctuate on a daily basis, but we know we're at strong 7, we should be a strong 8 by monday, and possibly a strong 9 right before the TP, by then I think we'll be ahead of Thompson, the mix of that, the teaparty, and the blimp should be super media blitz and fulfill the logarithmic curve

ProfNo
12-07-2007, 04:04 PM

This just goes to show how BS the polls are.

Paulitician
12-07-2007, 04:06 PM
This just goes to show how BS the polls are.
Or the amount of influence the media has...

ProfNo
12-07-2007, 04:06 PM
we're gonna fluctuate on a daily basis, but we know we're at strong 7, we should be a strong 8 by monday, and possibly a strong 9 right before the TP, by then I think we'll be ahead of Thompson, the mix of that, the teaparty, and the blimp should be super media blitz and fulfill the logarithmic curve

We really need to get into the double digits by mid-December. The tea party might do it. We got a 3% jump after the 5th, so I think we might be as high as 12% after the tea party if it is successful (or at least I hope :)).

AlexMerced
12-07-2007, 04:07 PM
lol, the poll tell you what the polled think, the people who are polled,nomatter who they are like Huckabee, media goes by these polls

So the polls have value inherent by their link to media coverage

whether they are indicators of national voting patterns doesn't matter, it is an indiciator of how much time the media will give each person... for the exception of Huckabee who got a free pass this whole election

ProfNo
12-07-2007, 04:07 PM
Or the amount of influence the media has...

Probably a little bit of both ;)