PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul will back Trump if he is the nominee

Warlord
04-02-2016, 01:42 PM
this is hardly news...

http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/04/rand-paul-back-trump-nominee-221463

CPUd
04-02-2016, 02:58 PM
then why the fuck you post it?

Crashland
04-02-2016, 03:22 PM
Not backing the nominee is a ticket to political irrelevance. Endorsements mean nothing, especially when you just say it and don't actually actively do anything to help the candidate. I don't get why people get so uptight about it.

undergroundrr
04-02-2016, 03:23 PM
Thread title is false without "if he is the nominee."

Politico didn't stoop to that level of misdirection. It shouldn't be allowed on RPF.

devil21
04-02-2016, 04:02 PM
Someone here has a good sig line that says something like "political endorsements are like a guy complimenting a girl at a bar. it benefits the endorser much more than the endorsed."

RandallFan
04-02-2016, 06:17 PM
Trump only attacked Rand personally with comic book slurs, not much of a policy attack.

Trump is best foreign policy candidate to help Rand become acceptable.

Trump can also do gaffes on the Israel lobby that Rand will have to learn to avoid since Rand has a southern accent and Trump has Jewish business partners and in-laws.

Zippyjuan
04-02-2016, 07:21 PM
That was an April Fools joke by Rand. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?493216-Rand-Paul%92s-%91Yuge%92-April-1-Endorsement-Is-a-Prank

CPUd
04-02-2016, 07:30 PM
That was an April Fools joke by Rand. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?493216-Rand-Paul%92s-%91Yuge%92-April-1-Endorsement-Is-a-Prank

That's something completely different. Rand was asked once again who he endorses and he said as he always does that he will support the nominee. Then people come on to RPFs and make threads about it, as they always do.

iNoob
04-04-2016, 02:49 AM
Someone here has a good sig line that says something like "political endorsements are like a guy complimenting a girl at a bar. it benefits the endorser much more than the endorsed."

Although it may isolate his supporters as it was when he endorsed the 2012 nominee.

RDM
04-04-2016, 05:56 AM
then why the $#@! you post it?

Probably for the same reason people post $h#! about that Canadian snake oil salesmen C-ruz. You know that huckster trying to sell Americans he's eligible to be America's President.

osan
04-04-2016, 06:46 AM
Not backing the nominee is a ticket to political irrelevance. Endorsements mean nothing, especially when you just say it and don't actually actively do anything to help the candidate. I don't get why people get so uptight about it.

Because they fail to use the brain God gave them for something more than a mere backwards-baseball-cap rack?

As I advance further into my own personal irrelevance, I see ever diminishing reason to give a hat-phuk about any of this. Humanity is going in this suicidal direction because that is where it wants to go. The "liberty" people are no different in this respect. Were it so, they would have acted on so many other occasions; yet they did not. They talked and talked, myself somewhere near the top of that list. This is not to suggest that precipitous action is necessarily a good thing, but if every time Theye got a battalion or two's worth of rifles and other militaria pointed at them with the slightest hint of the wickedness we now tolerate and even crave on a daily basis, I daresay things would be very different. If men went out and killed such people, including their spouses and children <GASP!!!>, can anyone believe that Theye would comport themselves in markedly different ways? Would Theye even exist, as such? Perhaps - perhaps not. Hard to tell, given human proclivity.

But we didn't and we don't. This tells me that people do not really want what they say. They lie; to themselves and the world. Why? Perhaps it makes them feel better in some fashion, or keeps some glimmer of hope alive that, if they keep the ideas alive, someone else will one day commit the acts of unbridled horror that are now the only practically feasible way of setting to rights that which has gone so horribly wrong. We Americans are timid reflections of our European cousins. Just because we talk a big word about liberty, rather than meekly and so apparently self-loathingly complying as do Euros, it does not follow that we are substantively any different from them, or any of the other whipped-dog populations across this prison planet. At least the others are honest about their status as chattel. We lie to ourselves, even here at RPF, on a daily basis about our commitment to liberty and so forth. Bullfeces. Why is it bullfeces? Because we refuse to acknowledge the need for material action in the face of a system designed to de-ball the individual and groups thereof in terms of the ability to achieve substantive changes for what I will daresay is the "better".

We are full of baloney when we qualify every call to action such as to cut it just short of the ability to affect actual change - to make THEMME stop, look, take notice, and gain pause. Theye don't give the least crap about what you or I rant about here or anywhere else, so long as you don't openly incite physical action that might actually pose some threat of lighting a fire across the land. That, of course, is not tolerated. But anything short of that is more or less OK. Talk all you want, but do not act, and that is exactly what we do. We are, on the whole, completely full of shyte. Nobody wants to talk about that 800# gorilla and the pink elephant in the living room with us because the moment we acknowledge the presence of that which we fear - a thing that grants us the material ability to at least act in pursuit of real change, whether for better or worse the outcome, we run out of our bullfeces excuse for not acting. THAT is the devil behind all this prohibition against real action. It is blind cowardice and the mad drive to avoid real responsibility at almost any cost.

Are we just waiting for the right moment to strike? Perhaps, but that moment will likely never come. When is going out and physically stopping the tyrant convenient and so apparently correct that the over-fed, lard-laden average American is going to grab his means and make good on the promise of men who love freedom? Never. It is never so clear, save after it is too late. Everybody wants their freedom, whether it's the screaming militant gayman who demands his right to bootphuk with the adulation of the rest, the hippie remnant whose only concern is his next joint, or the god-fearin' partiot who'd like to toss the other two into a dank prison cell for 40 years for their apostasy. None of them want to pay the price of being free, which means living with the possibility or even the fact that they might have to kill another human being, or have done so, in pursuit of liberty. You want the goods without having to pay. None of this is about freedom, but rather attaining the gilt cage.

Few things frost my cake as frigidly as those "christian" bone-head hypocrites who go on about freedom and how God gave it to everyone from the one side of their mouths, while from the other they shriek on endlessly about abortion, death to *****s (or prison at the very least), OORAH for the war on drugs, the war on fer'ners who don't comport themselves in 'Murkinly fashion, and anyone else who fails to act as they believe a man should. They, too, are all about pretty slavery and tyranny, so long as they minimally get the things they want - the rest can (and in their minds probably will) go to hell. They are no better than the muslim scum they so rabidly fear and hate. But none of the rest are any better. The drug-avocate, homosexual, NAMBLA member, feminist, you name it. We are all full of crap because we do nothing of substance to affect the results we want. Of course we don't because we have become the precise people to whom Sam Adams pointed this statement:

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

And before anyone attempts to ream me a nice shiny new boothole, I recommend ye take a very close look at yourself to assure that there is no stain upon you.

There is nothing wrong with talk, but when it is the only thing you ever do...

Once one realizes, as have I, that none of this matters worth a damn, his perspective alters. Mine has changed fundamentally over the past few years as it has become clear that only a miserable few of us are willing to put ourselves out there in any real manner. Remember the Freemen? The WHO? Yeah, that's what I mean. The few who have put their necks on the line like Finicum and have ended up dead are just that: the few. The rest of us are full of shame-laden S.H.I.T. Our parents' generation were similarly full, as were our grandparents' and theirs and theirs. When I hear the people of WWII referred to as "the greatest generation", I almost swallow my tongue in shock that anyone is so copulating blind as to believe this for even the merest second. How some go one about the sacrifices they made. Would those people have ever made those sacrifices had the tyrant-liars not been behind them with pitchfork at the ready? Shoot. Greatest generation, my asshole.

The ONLY great generation, and here I mean 3% of it, were those who fought in the American revolution. The rest is all chud, driven by tyrants and Theire agents to act, regardless of the propriety and sanity. Americans meekly complied with the call to arms in every war, but the Great War and it's larger sibling of twenty years later really stand out as the paragons of American cowardice and rank stupidity. Where are the great generations of freedom-lovers? I see them nowhere.

Prohibition passed and what did Americans do? They complied. Even those who cooked bathtub gin or hit the speakeasy were compliant precisely because of their subterfuge. Those who "defy" the war on drugs defy nothing, but rather comply for the same reasons. In my view, real Americans would have brought out their bottles and their spliffs, along with their sidearms and longarms and would have openly defied anyone to dare molest them. And when the first kop of g-man tried, his body would have been sent home to his bereaved widow and wailing, screaming brats. Real Americans would have murdered the tyrants and their agents to the tune of however many tens of thousands necessary to re-secure the sanctity and integrity of their God-given freedom. But they didn't. They snuck about like thieves and child-molesters in the shadows for fear of getting caught. That was because they wanted their little gin, joint, or blowjob, but were not willing to risk so much as their physical freedom, much less their very lives, to have real freedom. So they complied just as the law specified, either by not doing that which was prohibited, or by pretending not to do it. Fie on them. Fie on me. Fie on us all, we who follow this slave's recipe for mere existence at the whim of other men. We deserve no freedom so long as we are not willing to die to achieve it.

So now go ahead and fire away. I am beyond flames.

Anti Federalist
04-04-2016, 09:45 AM
http://i.imgur.com/f7FdEdG.jpg

goRPaul
04-04-2016, 08:07 PM
He said as much last November.

http://www.mofopolitics.com/2015/11/30/rand-paul-i-will-support-trump-if-he-is-the-gop-nominee/

osan
04-04-2016, 10:48 PM

Low-rent drama queenery?