PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta stands by decision to keep thousands in over-billed garbage charges

Suzanimal
04-02-2016, 04:58 AM
I'm so glad we don't have city or county trash services here. Right now I only pay $15.00 per month and they'll pick up anything. They do ask that you call and give them a heads up if you have a large load but other than that, no problem. When my parents lived intown and we were cleaning out their house the trash guys were a pain in the ass. They would come to the door complaining if I put more than 2 cans at the street.

And my mom had no idea how much she paid for trash pick up. I looked and couldn't find it, either. I think it was buried somewhere in her water bill or tax bill.:confused:

ATLANTA (CBS46) -
Government officials are not budging on their decision to keep over $2,500 that the city of Atlanta overcharged a single working mother for garbage pickup.

City policy only allows reimbursement for up to three years, but Edgewood homeowner April Lloyd paid for an entire decade. Like many other people, she believes the city should just do the right thing. She believes the city’s decision to hide behind policy is garbage.

“If the shoe was on the other foot, they would certainly want all their money back,” said Lloyd.

The facts are plain and simple. Someone mistakenly thought Lloyd owned a duplex, so they charged her double. For more than 10 years she paid almost $4,000 too much.

The mayor’s office continues to place some of the blame on Lloyd for not checking her bill more closely.

Read more: http://www.cbs46.com/story/31623095/city-of-atlanta-stands-by-decision-to-keep-thousands-in-overbilled-garbage-charges#ixzz44fJIHx2y