PDA

View Full Version : Donald Trump has collapsed in general election polls

klamath
03-31-2016, 10:41 AM
Donald Trump loves to brag that he's ahead of Hillary Clinton in the polls. "I beat Hillary Clinton in many polls," he repeatedly insisted at a debate earlier this month.

Here on planet Earth, that isn't true or even close to true. In 33 general election polls tracked by HuffPost Pollster over the past two months, Trump has led Clinton in just one.
Trump now trails Clinton by 9 points in the HuffPost Pollster polling average and by 11.2 points in RealClearPolitics' average — and he's behind Bernie Sanders by even more in both. Any of these showings from Trump would be the weakest performance from a major party nominee in the past 20 years.

The trendlines for the billionaire are terrible too. Back during the waning months of 2015, he regularly came within a few points of both Clinton and Sanders. But historically, polls conducted so far in advance have been essentially meaningless.

Crucially, Trump's decline has happened just when these polls actually start to mean something. In newer polls, Trump almost never comes close to either Clinton or Sanders anymore. And in past races, changes in general election polling that have occurred during this period of the campaign have often ended up sticking.

"Were this a few months ago, I'd say, 'What's the big deal?'" says Christopher Wlezien, a political science professor at the University of Texas. "But polls today are much more meaningful than they were 90 days ago. And the polls today are much less favorable for Trump."

http://www.vox.com/2016/3/31/11336884/donald-trump-polls-winning

Jamesiv1
03-31-2016, 10:49 AM
blah blah blah

who cares. the general hasn't started yet.

Vox is a total disaster. Huge.

Snowball
03-31-2016, 11:03 AM
I just saw Ron Paul on CNN.
He said he wouldn't vote for Trump even if it meant keeping Hillary out of the White House.
To be frank, I find that deplorable.

silverhandorder
03-31-2016, 11:03 AM
Who is the OP for?

silverhandorder
03-31-2016, 11:05 AM
He said he wouldn't vote for Trump even if it meant keeping Hillary out of the White House.

Ron is principles or nothing. I can respect that. That is why I generally don't vote.

I am making an exception for Trump.

acptulsa
03-31-2016, 11:09 AM

I find that to be a realistic assessment.

There simply isn't any difference between them. A person can't possibly find a good reason to vote "for" either one of them. I suppose one could find a reason to vote for the big R or the big D beside their name. But not for them.

luctor-et-emergo
03-31-2016, 11:09 AM

What difference does it make ? ;)

CPUd
03-31-2016, 11:23 AM
Trump will probably drop out before the RNC.

silverhandorder
03-31-2016, 11:25 AM
Trump will probably drop out before the RNC.

What you going to think of your analytical ability if he does not?

Gh34
03-31-2016, 11:27 AM

He said the same thing about Cruz, and also Romney, etc.

CaptUSA
03-31-2016, 11:29 AM

To be frank, Paul's position is the only logical one.

Trump and Clinton both move the balance of liberty in the wrong direction.

FindLiberty
03-31-2016, 11:35 AM
from OP:

In 33 general election polls tracked by HuffPost Pollster over the past two months, Trump has led Clinton in just one.

OK then. As long a there is some hope, I'm still in...

acptulsa
03-31-2016, 11:40 AM
from OP:

OK then. As long a there is some hope, I'm still in...

Rand Paul beat the Democrat in all the polls, or at least the overwhelming majority of them. Just as his father did in both '08 and '12.

Whatever it is the GOP wants, winning isn't it. As long as the party he chose to run in doesn't even want to win, no, there is no hope.

undergroundrr
03-31-2016, 11:48 AM

Voting for trump is deplorable.
Voting for Hillary is deplorable.
Not voting for trump is admirable.
Not voting for Hillary is admirable.

Chester Copperpot
03-31-2016, 12:01 PM

I love Ron but I have to disagree with him here... Trump is his own person and id much rather have that than somebody who is a shill.

CPUd
03-31-2016, 12:05 PM

The Mittsters tried this in 2012. Mitt actually ran on it, "vote for me because Obama". It didn't work then on this site, and it won't work now.

jmdrake
03-31-2016, 06:17 PM

:rolleyes: I find anyone who would vote for someone like Trump who is in favor of Saudi Arabia getting nuclear weapons to be deplorable. Trump is Hillary in drag.

Ender
03-31-2016, 06:23 PM
Voting for trump is deplorable.
Voting for Hillary is deplorable.
Not voting for trump is admirable.
Not voting for Hillary is admirable.

Agree. The lesser of 2 evils is still EVIL.

Although I couldn't tell ya which one is the lesser. ;)

acptulsa
03-31-2016, 07:10 PM
Agree. The lesser of 2 evils is still EVIL.

Although I couldn't tell ya which one is the lesser. ;)

This.

No wonder the people who buy spammers are sending so many to this place. They know better than anyone how hard it will be for them to maintain the fiction that it's important for people to pick the lesser evil. It's like going to one of the world's greatest mountain ranges and trying to pick the second-tallest mountain. After a while, you realize they're both so monstrous that it just doesn't flipping matter.

Trying to put Hillary Clinton over is like pulling teeth. Good God, look at the freakshow the GOP had to put on to get the Republican voters to elect a horrible enough candidate to lose to her. If we're going to spark a revolution by daring them to deny our votes, then the time is now, while our teeth are getting pulled.

CPUd
04-01-2016, 02:56 AM
May 2015:
https://i.imgur.com/b1frTKE.png

March 2016:
https://i.imgur.com/NUbcVhn.png

Election analysts prefer close elections, but there was nothing we could do to make this one close. Clinton’s total is 347 electoral votes, which includes 190 safe, 57 likely, and 100 that lean in her direction. Trump has a total of 191 (142 safe, 48 likely, and 1 leans).

Over the years we’ve put much emphasis on the seven super-swing states: Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Nevada, New Hampshire, Ohio, and Virginia. While some will fall to the Democrats less readily than others, it is difficult to see any that Trump is likely to grab. In fact, four normally Republican states (Arizona, Georgia, Indiana, and Missouri) would be somewhat less secure for the GOP than usual. North Carolina, which normally leans slightly to the GOP, would also be well within Clinton’s grasp in this election after being Mitt Romney’s closest win in 2012.

The probability is that the Clinton campaign will target at least one or two of the four Likely Republican states, which would have the effect of helping Democratic Senate nominees where they exist (all of those states have Senate races in November). Because Clinton’s objectives will surely include recapture of the Senate, no doubt her campaign will keep in mind the competitive contests that could yield the net four seats for a tied Senate or five seats for outright Democratic control.

http://www.centerforpolitics.org/crystalball/articles/the-only-thing-that-matters/

RonPaulMall
04-01-2016, 07:59 AM
The media blitz demonstrates how terrified the Dems are of Trump. Trump probably wins PA and OH and would easily win FL and NV. He'd force Hillary to play defense in New York and other Northeastern states. He is their nightmare candidate. With Cruz, it is pretty much the same map as Obama vs Romney.

Jamesiv1
04-01-2016, 08:04 AM
The media blitz demonstrates how terrified the Dems are of Trump. Trump probably wins PA and OH and would easily win FL and NV. He'd force Hillary to play defense in New York and other Northeastern states. He is their nightmare candidate. With Cruz, it is pretty much the same map as Obama vs Romney.
^this

if they weren't afraid they wouldn't waste the air time.

CPUd
04-01-2016, 08:13 AM
http://i.imgur.com/hubA2Yo.jpg