PDA

View Full Version : Quick, I need a short speech for RP at KC area Straw Poll!

PaulineDisciple
12-07-2007, 03:06 PM
I am being given a one to two minute opportunity to speak at the Johnson County (KS) National GOP Caucus Meeting and Straw Poll tonight!

Please give me ideas on what to say and pray that I will be a good representative of the good doctor.

Melissa
12-07-2007, 03:10 PM
I would use the never stuff-never voted to raise taxes-does not participate in congress's lucrative programs (even though he is allowed)- gives part of his salary back and that he is a doctor not a reg politican and the fact that he is the only one that you have seen that when you look at his record to match what he is saying it in fact does 100% no other candidate can say that

curtisag
12-07-2007, 03:13 PM
Watch this video for some great ideas:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Rt9OhYOBabc

nist7
12-07-2007, 03:24 PM
I'll be there tonight!

Elwar
12-07-2007, 03:26 PM
Say: Ron Paul R@XRZ!!!

vegetarianrpfan
12-07-2007, 03:29 PM
I agree, borrow some ideas from the man's speech at the Virginia straw poll. He apparently convinced some people to vote for Ron Paul who were leaning towards other candidates.

Quote the full quote Reagan said about Ron Paul, explain how Ron Paul foresaw today's money crisis, he's the Taxpayer's Best Friend, he's been married to his wife for 50 years, he was a medical doctor.

Best of luck!

-------------------------
Libertarian Girl
http://www.libertariangirl.com

curtisag
12-07-2007, 03:31 PM
I would lead with something like this:

We have a dollar on the brink if collapse, our economy is in shambles, our good name around the world has been tarnished, our Government is out of control with spending, our national debt stands at approx. $9 trillion dollars, and there is only one man who is speaking forcefully about all these issues and has a real plan to fix them. Now you might disagree with his foreign policy, but even if you do, I'm here to convince you we cannot afford such an extravagant foreign policy as this anymore. We have bases in 130 different nations, we still have 10's of thousands of troops still in South Korea and Germany. We spend approximately $1 trillion dollars per year to maintain our global military presence around the world. The simple fact is, we can no longer afford this. Our bridges at home are falling down, and we're building bridges overseas in Iraq instead. We are squandering our national inheritance and the future of our children. It is our duty to make sure every generation of Americans has a greater standard of living than the last, and that for the first time is in peril of ending. We have lived beyond our means in terms of national debt, and if we continue on this course, we are destined to live beneath our means. We must end our empire overseas, protect our boarders, defend this country, and save enough money to pay off this huge debt we have accumulated to save this country before it's too late.

You might mention that Ron Paul was among only 3 or 4 congressmen in 1976 that endorsed Reagan in his first failed attempt to run for President. He was a Reagan supporter before Reagan was popular. Who else can claim that? Not many.

Elwar
12-07-2007, 03:35 PM
I'd start out with mentions of his successes, $4.2 million in one day, 75,000 meetup members, Dec. 16th, etc...then talk about his stances: never voted for taxes, never voted for an unbalanced budget, voted against the war from the beginning, always votes according to the Constitution.

End with a back flip showing just how much you support him.

PaulineDisciple
12-07-2007, 03:35 PM
You read my mind, I was already going to use that never voted stuff, I will incorporate that Reagan quote.

Any thing else, I want to be able to fill two minutes.

tsetsefly
12-07-2007, 03:36 PM
Watch this video for some great ideas:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Rt9OhYOBabc

all the unnecessary clapping ruined what seemed to be a very good speech...

angrydragon
12-07-2007, 03:36 PM
Freedom brings us all together!

JMann
12-07-2007, 03:37 PM
You might mention that Ron Paul was among only 3 or 4 congressmen in 1976 that endorsed Reagan in his first failed attempt to run for President. He was a Reagan supporter before Reagan was popular. Who else can claim that? Not many.

Reagan first ran for President in 1968, from Wikipedia...

...By early spring, California Governor Ronald Reagan, the leader of the GOP's conservative wing, had become Nixon's chief rival. In the Nebraska primary on May 14, Nixon won with 70% of the vote to 21% for Reagan and 5% for Rockefeller. While this was a wide margin for Nixon, Reagan remained Nixon's leading challenger. Nixon won the next primary of importance, Oregon, on May 15 with 65% of the vote and won all the following primaries except for California (June 4), where only Reagan appeared on the ballot. Reagan's margin in California gave him a plurality of the nationwide primary vote, but when the Republican National Convention assembled, Nixon had 656 delegates according to a UPI poll (with 667 needed for the nomination).

At the 1968 Republican National Convention in Miami Beach, Florida, Reagan and Rockefeller planned to unite their forces in a stop-Nixon movement, but the strategy fell apart when neither man agreed to support the other for the nomination.

nist7
12-07-2007, 03:43 PM

AWESOME! You should use this as your attention-getter...seeing how all the Republicans are talking about good-ol' Reagan

Don't mention Ron Paul's name too early in the speech...build up to it. And then say something like Regan described this congressman as [use a reagan quote about RP] , [etc.].....and this congressman's name is Ron Paul.....

You need to keep them in the mystery for a while and let the RP name slip out AFTER the Reagan "endorsement." This will definitely get some minds thinking.... :cool:

PaulineDisciple
12-07-2007, 03:58 PM
Bump for a few more?