PDA

View Full Version : United Auto Workers Vote RP!!

Cyclone177
12-07-2007, 02:58 PM
I posted this in another thread: Heard it on Rush, but thought it might be better with a different title.

This guy from the UAW union in Waterloo Iowa was on talking about these mini votes that they have been doing all over the country. He said not one vote was cast out of 300+ for Hillary, but the really COOL thing he said was that for the votes cast for Republican's......... RON PAUL came in first!!!! Followed by a 3 way tie bw Romney, Huck, and Mcain.

Of course Rush goes "Rudy was nowhere to be found?" Like he was heartbroken, and then he qualified it by saying "Well, Rudy is focusing on Florida and NH".

It was Awesome!!! I almost drove off the road.

Even the Unions are voting for RP!

Note: I only listen to Rush if I am trying to get inside the animals:) But, lots of people at my work do listen to him for real.

OferNave
12-07-2007, 03:15 PM
This is extremely relevant to the Michigan campaign. Somebody was talking about trying to get the UAW in Michigan to consider Ron Paul, especially now that the Democrats have pulled their delegates (I think the username was ThePlan).

OferNave
12-07-2007, 04:15 PM
bump - I've seen two long, active threads talking ideas about the UAW in the last week, and now we have some concrete positive information about the situation and no one is replying?

I'm not in Michigan, I don't know the first damn thing about unions, I cannot take advantage of this information. I hope those who can are watching.

JosephTheLibertarian
12-07-2007, 04:17 PM
I doubt Ron Paul will get the endorsement.

OferNave
12-07-2007, 04:33 PM

Well, they can't give it to a Democrat, cause they lost their delegates. So why not Paul?

JosephTheLibertarian
12-07-2007, 04:34 PM
Well, they can't give it to a Democrat, cause they lost their delegates. So why not Paul?

How much is Ron Paul winning by? When does the voting end?

TheIndependent
12-07-2007, 04:53 PM

Screw the endorsement of the UAW if we have their employee's votes. It'd be nice to have, but not essential.

Cyclone177
12-07-2007, 05:03 PM
Here is the link to the transcript from the show:

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_120707/content/01125116.guest.html

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT
RUSH: Back to the phones, Open Line Friday. Waterloo, Iowa. This is Sam. It's nice to have you on the program, sir.

CALLER: Hello.

RUSH: Hi.

CALLER: Thank you, professor, for allowing me a front row seat in your classroom for many years.

RUSH: I appreciate that.

CALLER: (laughs) Say, are you aware that the UAW is holding mock elections in every union shop clear across the country?

RUSH: Frankly, no, wasn't aware of that.

CALLER: Well, we just had ours, we have a few hundred members that can vote, and I thought you might be delighted to note that the lady with the testicle lockbox did not get one vote.

RUSH: Wait a second. You're a member of the UAW?

CALLER: Yeah.

RUSH: And how many voted in your whatever local?

CALLER: Three hundred and twenty.

RUSH: Three hundred and twenty, in your UAW local in Iowa, in Waterloo?

CALLER: Right.

RUSH: And Mrs. Clinton didn't get one vote in these mock elections?

CALLER: That's right. John Edwards came in first. Now, it gets even better. The UAW also had a school for community action program in Des Moines, and there were 540 of us down there, and we had our own mock election, and down there that woman, what's her name, only got 35 votes.

RUSH: Well, now, what do you make of this? This can't possibly tell us anything about the Hawkeye Cauci. I mean, the Hawkeye Cauci is pretty close. The lead goes back and forth, depending on the poll between Obama and Mrs. Clinton.

CALLER: Well, she is not doing well in rural Iowa. All you need to do is drive down the country roads and take a mental census of what signs you see, and we see less her signs than anybody else.

RUSH: I love these anecdotal stories. I don't quite know what to make of this. I guess all we can make of it, here, is that within these UAW votes, she's not liked.

CALLER: I guess not.

RUSH: Do they know...? Who did you vote for?

CALLER: Well, I didn't vote for the Democratic side, of course.

RUSH: All right.

CALLER: (laughing) I vote on the other side. Oh, by the way, on the Republican side, Ron Paul came in first, and it was a three-way tie between Huckabee, Romney, and Thompson.

RUSH: Rudy was nowhere near it, huh?

CALLER: No, I'm sorry to say.

RUSH: Well, Rudy's not even focusing on Iowa, though. That's the thing. Rudy's strategery kicks off in New Hampshire -- and, Florida is going to be key.

CALLER: Well, maybe that makes sense, because you know, there's more people live in Chicago than live in the whole state of Iowa.

RUSH: Yeah, but Iowa does have its importance, as we all know. Well, that's interesting, Sam. I'm glad that you were on the scene there and reporting these results for me. Thanks very much.

CALLER: Good afternoon.

RUSH: You have a great day.

lastnymleft
12-07-2007, 05:11 PM
This support is REAL. Ford workers are the ninth most frequent donors, by employer, to the Ron Paul campaign. They are nowhere to be found on other candidates' lists:

http://libertytalklive.com/2007/11/15/follow-the-money-a-look-at-whos-financing-our-campaigns/

biersal
12-07-2007, 05:15 PM
Yea there is no reason for unions to be against Ron Paul, in fact unions should be for Ron Paul. I am guessing (I haven't heard him talk about it) that as a libertarian he is for a repeal of OSHA and the mininum wage tax etc., and a return to the "right to contract" Lochner era Supreme Court. Collective barganing and unions will actually be important with a constitutional federal government. Unions have become useless, stagnant entities in this country, and something that would return their power to them (and hopfully cause the rank and file to be more active in the unions and be more selective about who is in their leadership) should be important to them.

torchbearer
12-07-2007, 05:21 PM
obviously big government isn't as good for labor as they once thought....

freedom-maniac
12-07-2007, 05:24 PM
bump - I've seen two long, active threads talking ideas about the UAW in the last week, and now we have some concrete positive information about the situation and no one is replying?

I'm not in Michigan, I don't know the first damn thing about unions, I cannot take advantage of this information. I hope those who can are watching.

In Michigan, the Union can make or break a candidate. Governor Jennifer Granholms ran the state's economy into the ground. (It's been the worst or second worst in the country for a long time now). However, she won reelection, probably because the Unions endorsed her over the Republican candidate.

spivey378
12-07-2007, 05:40 PM
are there any anti nafta vids that we can use to gather support?