PDA

View Full Version : 380-3 Massie Amash Gohmert lone NO votes on "inspire women in aerospace"

presence
03-23-2016, 06:41 AM
House Passes "INSPIRE Women" in Aerospace Bill
Marcia S. Smith
Posted: 22-Mar-2016
Updated: 22-Mar-2016 04:40 PM
Today the House passed a bill, H.R. 4755, to encourage women and girls to study STEM education fields, pursue careers in aerospace, and advance space science and exploration. The vote was 380-3, with 50 Members not voting.

The Inspiring the Next Space Pioneers, Innovators, Researchers and Explorers (INSPIRE) Women Act was introduced last week (http://www.spacepolicyonline.com/news/house-schedules-vote-on-bill-to-inspire-women-in-aerospace) by Rep. Barbara Comstock (R-VA). There were no committee hearings or markups; the bill went directly to the floor for consideration under suspension of the rules.

The three members who voted no were: Rep. Justin Amash (R-MI), Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX), and Rep. Thomas Massie (R-KY). The complete vote tally is posted on the House clerk's website (roll call vote 134).

The bill does not involve any funding. It directs the NASA Administrator to --

encourage women and girls to study science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) and pursue aerospace careers by supporting three existing initiatives: NASA GIRLS and NASA BOYS, Aspire to Inspire, and Summer Institute in Science, Technology, Engineering and Research, and
submit a plan within 90 days of the bill's enactment for how NASA can facilitate and support current and retired astronauts, scientists, engineers and innovators to engage with K-12 female STEM students.

The bill now goes to the Senate for its consideration.

http://www.spacepolicyonline.com/news/house-passes-inspire-women-in-aerospace-bill

TheTexan
03-23-2016, 07:34 AM
Good votes. Women should not be in space. They should be in the kitchen.

alucard13mm
03-23-2016, 12:48 PM
I dont support this because next, we will have bills to force parents to give their children gender neutral colors lol and all the insane feminazi stuff. Why not have a bill that instead says "encourage all students to go into STEM".

Jamesiv1
03-23-2016, 12:55 PM
How they gonna make me a sammich if they're in space?

Freshly Squeezed
03-23-2016, 12:57 PM
Good votes. Women should not be in space. They should be in the kitchen.
No sandwiches in space?

Jamesiv1
03-23-2016, 01:00 PM
No sandwiches in space?
Only freeze-dried. gross

Besides, I'll be in the living room watching Law & Order marathons. If she's in space bagging up freeze-dried sammiches, what the hell good is she?

Freshly Squeezed
03-23-2016, 01:01 PM
Only freeze-dried. gross
What about blowjobs? Astronauts shouldn't have to settle for freeze dried blowjobs.

jllundqu
03-23-2016, 01:10 PM
http://www.spacepolicyonline.com/news/house-passes-inspire-women-in-aerospace-bill

Ron Paul would have also voted no for obvious reasons.... IT AINT THE GOVERNMENT'S F**KING JOB AND IT'S NOT IN THE F**KING CONSTITUTION!

Bravo, no votes, Bravo

Jamesiv1
03-23-2016, 01:11 PM
What about blowjobs? Astronauts shouldn't have to settle for freeze dried blowjobs.
Anybody can give a blowjob... but a good sammich is a whole different story.*

*borrowed from a Chris Rock joke

Look, you can tear your azz on up into space and enjoy your freeze-dried sammiches washed down with Tang.

I'm going to turn on Law & Order, and get comfy on the sofa with a hot roast beef sammich (with gravy!) and a cold one.

presence
03-23-2016, 01:24 PM
Bravo, no votes, Bravo

but muh bleedin' heart special interest!

asurfaholic
03-23-2016, 01:49 PM
Why do amash and the other 2 hate women (and America) so much?

Spikender
03-23-2016, 02:59 PM
380 dumbasses.

That's a lot of dumbasses.

They could form a dumbass blackhole with that much dumbass in the same dumbass room.

ShaneEnochs
03-23-2016, 04:43 PM
As someone who works at a plant with about 30 engineers, I'm glad this vote passed. We only have one female engineer at our site. There just aren't a whole lot of women in STEM fields and it's a shame. I definitely think that we should do everything we can to encourage them if that's something that they feel like going into.

Bastiat's The Law
03-23-2016, 05:04 PM
As someone who works at a plant with about 30 engineers, I'm glad this vote passed. We only have one female engineer at our site. There just aren't a whole lot of women in STEM fields and it's a shame. I definitely think that we should do everything we can to encourage them if that's something that they feel like going into.

Try asking the Social Justice crowd pushing this narrative if they're majoring in STEM and you'll get a no, women studies. If leftists want to increase women in STEM fields, then shut up and go into it yourself. Nobody is blocking the entrance to science and engineering classrooms. The fact is those fields are incredibly difficult and women aren't interested in them.

Danke
03-23-2016, 05:19 PM
We should push women to invent more stuff too.

alucard13mm
03-23-2016, 05:27 PM
Try asking the Social Justice crowd pushing this narrative if they're majoring in STEM and you'll get a no, women studies. If leftists want to increase women in STEM fields, then shut up and go into it yourself. Nobody is blocking the entrance to science and engineering classrooms. The fact is those fields are incredibly difficult and women aren't interested in them.

Indeed. Who the fuck is stopping women from entering these fields? lol. Women make up more than 50% of a student body in most universities in my state. Sometimes up to 58%+. Obviously, I think more men should be encouraged to go to college, but I guess some men opted to do shit women wont do. Construction, electrician, brick laying, waste disposal and etc etc.

Problem is with this bill, I imagine it would lead to other bills like it would be illegal and a jailable offense to say something sexist to a female student in STEM or aspiring to be in STEM. Haha. Half the people here would be jailed with the kitchen/sandwich joke. gg.

Danke
03-23-2016, 05:52 PM
Indeed. Who the fuck is stopping women from entering these fields? lol. Women make up more than 50% of a student body in most universities in my state. Sometimes up to 58%+. Obviously, I think more men should be encouraged to go to college, but I guess some men opted to do shit women wont do. Construction, electrician, brick laying, waste disposal and etc etc.

Problem is with this bill, I imagine it would lead to other bills like it would be illegal and a jailable offense to say something sexist to a female student in STEM or aspiring to be in STEM. Haha. Half the people here would be jailed with the kitchen/sandwich joke. gg.

Too many Chinamen in STEM, need more black women.

TheTexan
03-23-2016, 06:10 PM
Too many Chinamen in STEM, need more black women.

Not sure about that. Science has a lot of math, needs many asians

alucard13mm
03-23-2016, 06:15 PM
Not sure about that. Science has a lot of math, needs many asians

Nah man. I am just above average. I am at the top for the average, normal kids math class. I was kinda bottom half when placed with honors/AP/gifted students lol. But then again I guess its because they made me skip from algebra to to precalculus.. skipping trigonometry XD.. so it messed me up bad not having the basics of trig down.

TheTexan
03-23-2016, 08:43 PM
Nah man. I am just above average. I am at the top for the average, normal kids math class. I was kinda bottom half when placed with honors/AP/gifted students lol. But then again I guess its because they made me skip from algebra to to precalculus.. skipping trigonometry XD.. so it messed me up bad not having the basics of trig down.

What % asian are you? Are you full asian, half or just a quarter

Danke
03-23-2016, 08:50 PM
What % asian are you? Are you full asian, half or just a quarter

He is from Hong Kong, I'm guessing he has British blood in him.