PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck Bashes Christians for Voting Trump: “Evangelicals Have Not Been Listening..."

SpiritOf1776_J4
03-22-2016, 01:02 PM
GLENN BECK Bashes Christians for Voting Trump: “Evangelicals Have Not Been Listening to Their God” (VIDEO)

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/03/new-crazy-beck-video-all-throughout-the-south-the-evangelicals-have-not-been-listening-to-their-god/

During his speech today in Utah Glenn called for Mormons to rise up.
“Utah has an incredible opportunity. So many Christians have been standing up. But all throughout the South the Evangelicals are not listening to their God. Let us raise a standard in Utah."

I guess that isn't the god from the planet Kolob that Beck's mormonism worships. :confused:

jllundqu
03-22-2016, 01:10 PM
Good lord.... Well can't say I'm surprised.

Mormonism is, in my opinion, not much different than most other religions in that they hold to ridiculous texts as literal truths in the face of observable science.

/rant and leaving before 'they' pile on

CPUd
03-22-2016, 01:13 PM
He's trying to make sure Cruz stays over 50% today.

SpiritOf1776_J4
03-22-2016, 01:15 PM

In Utah, Cruz probably will.

jllundqu
03-22-2016, 01:18 PM

Yeah... but looking at the polls I don't think it makes much difference now. Trump has a fairly straightforward path to the nomination, as much as I hate to even ponder such a notion.

Cruz can slop up a few more delegates here and there, but it's all but decided.

SpiritOf1776_J4
03-22-2016, 01:27 PM
By the way, Kolob is a "real" planet in mormon belief, and it was in battlestar galactica as kolob- whose creator was mormon.

hankrichter12
03-22-2016, 01:29 PM
GLENN BECK Bashes Christians for Voting Trump: “Evangelicals Have Not Been Listening to Their God” (VIDEO)

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/03/new-crazy-beck-video-all-throughout-the-south-the-evangelicals-have-not-been-listening-to-their-god/

I guess that isn't the god from the planet Kolob that Beck's mormonism worships. :confused:

I just have to wonder about people who think this way (and I very much get along with most Christians, most of my friends/family are Christian)

1. If you are dying from a knife wound and a doctor happens along must he be Evangelical in order to treat you?

2. If not, why does a Pres have to be Evangelical? He is going to do a job, and that job is not to be your preacher or spiritual adviser.

3. I can understand not wanting someone in there who is hostile to your faith and might try to make laws against you, but that aside, who cares how many times he prays as long as he will defend your religious freedoms?

4. Finally, how many Rep have clutched their Bibles and invoked Jesus name over and over and then got in office and royally screwed us all?

CPUd
03-22-2016, 01:31 PM
Yeah... but looking at the polls I don't think it makes much difference now. Trump has a fairly straightforward path to the nomination, as much as I hate to even ponder such a notion.

Cruz can slop up a few more delegates here and there, but it's all but decided.

He definitely has a lot more slack than Cruz, it could still come down to CA

http://i.imgur.com/miyaDuJ.png
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/will-donald-trump-clinch-the-republican-nomination-before-the-convention/

Tywysog Cymru
03-22-2016, 01:54 PM
Even though Trump gets some Evangelical support, Evangelicals generally form his main opposition in many states.

euphemia
03-22-2016, 06:32 PM
Glenn Beck is a TV and radio personality. He is not any kind of moral or spiritual authority to speak to evangelicals.

Ender
03-22-2016, 06:36 PM

Glenn Beck's a jerk- most Mormons are not- can we leave their religion out of this.

liveandletlive
03-22-2016, 06:50 PM
Good lord.... Well can't say I'm surprised.

Mormonism is, in my opinion, not much different than most other religions in that they hold to ridiculous texts as literal truths in the face of observable science.

/rant and leaving before 'they' pile on

that's always been the funniest part to me. christians blasting mormons for not being real christians, or that mormonism is a "cult"

anyway, if Glenn is the most vile Mormon out there (outside of Warren Jeffs), then the Mormons are still in good shape in my book.

SpiritOf1776_J4
03-22-2016, 07:10 PM
Glenn Beck's a jerk- most Mormons are not- can we leave their religion out of this.

How is leaving Glen Beck's religion out of it possible from a comment where Glen Beck blasts some else's religion?
Or where he's asking followers of his religion to rise up?

cajuncocoa
03-22-2016, 07:13 PM
How is leaving Glen Beck's religion possible out of a comment where Glen Beck blasts some else's religion?
Or where he's asking followers of his religion to rise up?Because it shouldn't be taken as an opportunity to ridicule and/or bash all Mormons or their religion just because Glenn Beck opened his mouth and said another stupid thing.

SpiritOf1776_J4
03-22-2016, 07:17 PM
Because it shouldn't be taken as an opportunity to ridicule and/or bash all Mormons or their religion just because Glenn Beck opened his mouth and said another stupid thing.

I'm not ridiculing Mormons, I'm trying to honestly describe their religion, and translate what Glen Beck is saying.

Also, I liked battlestar galactica well enough when I was a kid, and had no idea at the time it had ideas from mormonism in it. (although cyclones might not be part of mormon belief).

sparebulb
03-22-2016, 07:31 PM
that's always been the funniest part to me. christians blasting mormons for not being real christians, or that mormonism is a "cult"

anyway, if Glenn is the most vile Mormon out there (outside of Warren Jeffs)Harry Reid, then the Mormons are still in good shape in my book.

fixed

AZJoe
03-22-2016, 08:29 PM
I'm not ridiculing Mormons, I'm trying to honestly describe their religion, and translate what Glen Beck is saying.

Glenn Beck being a Mormon has no relevance. (We have plenty of Mormon libertarians. i.e.: https://www.facebook.com/LdsLibertarians/ ; http://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/ )

Glenn Beck being a MORON, however, has a lot to do with his comments. :D

cajuncocoa
03-22-2016, 08:43 PM

Also, I liked battlestar galactica well enough when I was a kid, and had no idea at the time it had ideas from mormonism in it. (although cyclones might not be part of mormon belief).
I wasn't accusing you of ridiculing Mormons...I was explaining what Ender meant by that post.

Brian4Liberty
03-22-2016, 08:46 PM
They have Caucuses now in Utah. Does that mean that people's votes are not secret? That could result in a lot of peer pressure in Utah...

bunklocoempire
03-22-2016, 09:18 PM

You didn't stutter, but do you mean Cylons? Or maybe cyclones beat you up as a kid? I must know to decipher the Beck revelation...

...no not really. :D;)

I'll take a stab at translating what Beck is saying:

Fear, pride, fear, pride, cha-ching, cha-ching