PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul joins the #NeverTrump movement

CPUd
03-20-2016, 06:18 PM
Former Texas Congressman Ron Paul has joined the chorus of those saying they will never support Donald Trump as the GOP nominee.

"I couldn't do that," the 2012 presidential candidate said of backing the New York billionaire during Fox Business interview Friday morning.

"[Trump] is opposite of a libertarian," he added.

Paul was the presidential nominee of the Libertarian Party in 1988, but ran as a Republican in both 2008 and 2012. The committed isolationist expressed concern Friday that Trump's foreign policy varies little from that of Democratic presidential front-runner Hillary Clinton, and that the businessman would frequently partake in executive overreach.

"I think the die-hard neoconservatives would not be that extremely unhappy with Hillary," Paul said, comparing the former secretary of state to Trump.

He continued, "Trump is going to be the most efficient [at] using the executive orders. He'll say this is the way it is, you know."

"Obama was pretty arrogant: 'If you don't do it, Congress, I'll write an order,' " Paul said, mimicking the president. "Well, I think Trump [will] be 10 times worse on writing orders because he's used to doing this, and he brags about it.

"He wants to be the boss. I'm not looking for a boss. We want somebody that will allow us to be our own boss, is what I think we should be looking for," Paul said.

Paul is the latest political figure to declare his opposition to Trump. Others, who've begun billing themselves as #NeverTrump conservatives, include Nebraska Sen. Ben Sasse, conservative commentator Erick Erickson and veteran GOP strategist Rick Wilson.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ron-paul-joins-the-nevertrump-movement/article/2586188

Smitty
03-20-2016, 06:22 PM
So, who does Dr. Paul support?

dannno
03-20-2016, 06:32 PM

The answer should be obvious.

enhanced_deficit
03-20-2016, 06:34 PM
"Obama was pretty arrogant: 'If you don't do it, Congress, I'll write an order,' " Paul said, mimicking the president. "Well, I think Trump [will] be 10 times worse on writing orders because he's used to doing this, and he brags about it.

When making this forward looking statement about future, has Dr. Paul taken into account that Trump is so far only accused of verbal rhetoric autocratic views where as DGP has allegedly killed innocent children already and helped cause massive bloodshed in mideast as a puppet of neocons?

The 12-Year War: 73% of U.S. Casualties in Afghanistan Occured on Obama's Watch
(http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?427493-The-12-Year-War-73-of-U-S-Casualties-in-Afghanistan-on-Obama-s-Watch&p=5221296#post5221296)
Iraq/Afghanistan wars disabled 624,000 US troops , Divorces up 42%, Foreclosures up 217% (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?424803-Iraq-Afghanistan-wars-disabled-624-000-US-troops-Divorces-up-42-Foreclosures-up-217&)

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2013-07-29-15droneC1.png
http://images.huffingtonpost.com/201...-15droneC1.png

Interpretting the information that is in public domain, I cannot project that current leader of GOP electoral process could be worse than this:

http://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md3o4zdNoC1r8us5zo1_400.gif

Related

Hillary: ‘What certainly influenced me’ to support Iraq war was Bush’s billions aid to NYC (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?492294-Hillary-%E2%80%98What-certainly-influenced-me%E2%80%99-to-support-Iraq-war-was-Bush%E2%80%99s-billions-aid-to-NYC&)

Cruz Hires Neocon Loons, Gaffney, Ledeen, Abrams (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?492243-Cruz-Hires-Neocon-Loons-Gaffney-Ledeen-Abrams&)

While You Were Debating Obama’s ‘Selfie,’ U.S. Drones Killed 13+ Yemen Wedding Guests (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?436307-While-You-Were-Debating-Obama%E2%80%99s-%E2%80%98Selfie-%E2%80%99-U-S-Drones-Killed-13-Yemen-Wedding-Guests&)

http://media2.wptv.com//photo/2013/12/10/WPTV_Obama_Selfie_20131210122944_320_240.JPG (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=K_TVYhSOkZt6gM&tbnid=3HUiUSTtSvCROM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wptv.com%2Fdpp%2Fnews%2Flocal _news%2Fwater_cooler%2Fpresident-obama-selfie-president-takes-selfie-with-prime-ministers-at-mandela-service&ei=SrW4UuCZJJOgkQeX3YCoBw&bvm=bv.58187178,d.eW0&psig=AFQjCNFA4swHIfgykm4D_TNC7Wrh1-YjdA&ust=1387923112688653)

Most Americans see Obama as Dishonest, Untrustworthy (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?433586-Majority-of-Americans-now-believe-Obama-is-quot-dishonest-and-untrustworthy)

Obama called "war criminal" & "hypocrite of the century" in Irish Parliament

(http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?418882-Epic-Video-Obama-called-quot-war-criminal-quot-amp-quot-hypocrite-of-the-century-quot-in-Irish-Parliament&)

klamath
03-20-2016, 06:36 PM
Sometimes I forget why I supported Ron so hard and then he reminds me. He is spot on here.

RJ Liberty
03-20-2016, 06:38 PM
Sometimes I forget why I supported Ron so hard and then he reminds me. He is spot on here.

Yes he is. It's crazy that about 1/4th of RPF goers can't see that.

hankrichter12
03-20-2016, 06:40 PM
Said the same about Romney and McCain, he's consistent.

Yes he is. It's crazy that about 1/4th of RPF goers can't see that.

I like and respect Ron, he says a lot of good things, but ultimately but he is a purist and an idealist. I can like and respect a pacifist for their commitment to their principles, does not mean I have to follow that exact same path.

cajuncocoa
03-20-2016, 06:42 PM
#StandWithRon #NeverTrump

Petar
03-20-2016, 06:43 PM
Thread Title is disingenuous.

The "never Trump movement" are the neocons who are actively trying to get anyone but Trump nominated.

Not supporting Trump just isn't the same thing.

Smitty
03-20-2016, 06:50 PM
The answer should be obvious.

It's anything but.

If Dr. Paul is going to announce who he doesn't support, he needs to follow up with who he does.

Obviously, it would be Rand in he hadn't left the race, But he has.

So Ron needs to take a stand. Vote for nobody?,...vote for Hillary?,..Cruz, Kasich,,...who or what?

enhanced_deficit
03-20-2016, 06:50 PM

The "never Trump movement" are the neocons who are actively trying to get anyone but Trump nominated.

Good point.

RP is not supporting anyone.

#NeverTrump

To add to this:

#NeverLindseyGraham
#NeverMarcoRubio
#NeverRafaelCruz
#Never Disgraced Drone Gangsta Puppet
#Never Hillary "Bush's $Billions Influenced My Iraq War Support" Clinton

http://i.imgur.com/rl4XIu0.png

http://i.imgur.com/vgxsuNg.gif

Did you ever clarify who is twerker supporting for 2016?

erowe1
03-20-2016, 06:51 PM

Why does he have to support anyone?

erowe1
03-20-2016, 06:52 PM

You are mistaken. The "never Trump movement" is anyone who will never vote for Trump. Many of us belonged to that movement before the neocons did. But if they want to join us, we welcome their support.

r3volution 3.0
03-20-2016, 06:53 PM
No surprise that Ron opposes (and loathes) Trump, but I'm glad he's getting it on the record, making noise about it in public.

Bravo!

Now I hope Rand will soon do the same (he's in a much more difficult position, but he should still be able to do it).

Smitty
03-20-2016, 06:53 PM
Why does he have to support anyone?

He doesn't. But if his stance it to not vote, he needs to say it.

r3volution 3.0
03-20-2016, 06:55 PM

LP or CP, I'd presume, as in the past.

Petar
03-20-2016, 06:55 PM
You are mistaken. The "never Trump movement" is anyone who will never vote for Trump. Many of us belonged to that movement before the neocons did. But if they want to join us, we welcome their support.

Mind-numbingly stupid.

The neocons are doing everything that they can to get anyone but Trump elected, for the sole purpose of preserving their own power, and here you are basically saying that you support them.

thoughtomator
03-20-2016, 06:57 PM

What he really needs to talk about is the decision his son made to drop out prematurely.

dannno
03-20-2016, 06:57 PM
It's anything but.

If Dr. Paul is going to announce who he doesn't support, he needs to follow up with who he does.

So Ron needs to take a stand. Vote for nobody?,...vote for Hillary?,..Cruz, Kasich,,...who or what?

You just admitted you know the answer right here, you just won't admit it.

klamath
03-20-2016, 06:58 PM
I sure as hell wouldn't expect him to support a man that said he would run third party to stop him from winning....just before Trump endorsed Romney over him. Trump IS the problem with the country. Croney capitalist defined. Authoritarian defined, anticonstitutionalist besides a flat out evil man.

erowe1
03-20-2016, 06:59 PM

Why does he need to say that?

CaptUSA
03-20-2016, 06:59 PM
I like and respect Ron, he says a lot of good things, but ultimately but he is a purist and an idealist. I can like and respect a pacifist for their commitment to their principles, does not mean I have to follow that exact same path.[/FONT]

It has nothing to do with him being a purist - that is just some BS you tell yourself to allow yourself to keep supporting Trump. You are clearly fooling yourself.

As Ron pointed out, Trump is the opposite of a libertarian. It doesn't take a purist to not want to move in the opposite direction of your goal.

As an analogy, if I wanted to go East for 100 miles, I may support going East 50 miles or even two steps if it were still East. But you are calling Ron a purist because he doesn't want to go West 100 miles!

Smitty
03-20-2016, 07:00 PM
If Dr. Paul is saying that his opinion matches that of the Neocons concerning Trump it's only reasonable to ask him why.

This is a new development,..as has been many things which are associated with the various Paul campaigns.

People wonder why. There's been a lot of people in the Liberty movement wondering "why" about a lot of things for a long time.

I don't see many answers.

erowe1
Mind-numbingly stupid.

The neocons are doing everything that they can to get anyone but Trump elected, for the sole purpose of preserving their own power, and here you are basically saying that you support them.

I don't think Ron Paul is as stupid as you make it sound here.

afwjam
Said the same about Romney and McCain, he's consistent.

I like and respect Ron, he says a lot of good things, but ultimately but he is a purist and an idealist. I can like and respect a pacifist for their commitment to their principles, does not mean I have to follow that exact same path.

Yes but this is Ron Paul forums, so if yo want to promote an authoritarian for president, do it elsewhere.

Petar
03-20-2016, 07:01 PM
I sure as hell wouldn't expect him to support a man that said he would run third party to stop him from winning....just before Trump endorsed Romney over him. Trump IS the problem with the country. Croney capitalist defined. Authoritarian defined, anticonstitutionalist besides a flat out evil man.

He should just go ahead and admit that the side-effects of an off-the-reservation "nativist" like Trump getting elected have the overwhelming strategic value of ruining the GOP and getting the neocon globalists out of power.

I understand that the guy wants to hold on to his integrity/principles, but I think that his thinking is a little bit behind the times at this point.

I don't think Ron Paul is as stupid as you make it sound here.

What is stupid is that you are so comfortable with the idea of being on the side of the neocons.

I don't know that Ron is being as cavalier about this as you are.

afwjam
03-20-2016, 07:02 PM
It's anything but.

I think Ron would tell you voting rarely accomplishes much, maybe focus on your family and community instead.

Smitty
03-20-2016, 07:04 PM
I think Ron would tell you voting rarely accomplishes much, maybe focus on your family and community instead.

I can understand that perspective from many people,..but it doesn't explain why the Paul bunch ran for office so many times.

afwjam
03-20-2016, 07:05 PM
He should just go ahead and admit that the side-effects of an off-the-reservation "nativist" like Trump getting elected have the overwhelming strategic value of ruining the GOP and getting the neocon globalists out of power.

I understand that the guy wants to hold on to his integrity/principles, but I think that his thinking is a little bit behind the times at this point.

What is stupid is that you are so comfortable with the idea of being on the side of the neocons.

Take that strategy elsewhere and stop trying to convince people here on Ron Paul forums of its legitimacy of which we decided already there isn't.

afwjam
03-20-2016, 07:06 PM
I can understand that perspective from many people,..but it doesn't explain why the Paul bunch ran for office so many times.

Obviously because voting is what people like to do, they like to exercise power over other humans and a vote for a Paul is the opposite of that, that's what made him so special, Dr. No.

Petar
03-20-2016, 07:07 PM
Take that strategy elsewhere and stop trying to convince people here on Ron Paul forums of its legitimacy of which we decided already there isn't.

Democracy has nothing to do with truth.

Smitty
Both Ron and Rand have has success running for office,..so why would Dr Paul say that voting doesn't accomplish anything?

Why have both of them sought political positions and encouraged people to vote for them?

klamath

I think Ron realizes that the voting for Trump is actually voting for worse than neoconservative and the susposed strategy of breaking the establishment is actually worse for the liberty movement that the establishment. People don't have a clue how much worse things can get yet.

cajuncocoa
03-20-2016, 07:08 PM
Thank you!

Mach
Rubio joins #NeverTrump movement

Petar
I think Ron realizes that the voting for Trump is actually voting for worse than neoconservative and the susposed strategy of breaking the establishment is actually worse for the liberty movement that the establishment. People don't have a clue how much worse things can get yet.

Stockholm syndrome.

erowe1
03-20-2016, 07:09 PM

If neocons had supported Ron or Rand Paul, I would have welcomed them then too.

Besides, it's not like I'm supporting them in any actual neoconservative cause, like you're doing by supporting Trump.

erowe1
03-20-2016, 07:10 PM
Stockholm syndrome.

Now Ron Paul has Stockholm Syndrome?

Petar
If neocons had supported Ron or Rand Paul, I would have welcomed them then too.

Besides, it's not like I'm supporting them in any actual neoconservative cause, like you're doing by supporting Trump.

(mod edit)

The neocons would have treated Ron or Rand in the same way, and you know that.

Now Ron Paul has Stockholm Syndrome?

Maybe a little bit.

Mostly I just think that he is trying to stick with his principles.

I also think that people with principles are going to be needed to battle Trump if/when he gets elected.

Thank you!

Leave it to the shitty crypto-libtard to applaud the idea of supplanting reality with democracy.

Smitty
Obviously because voting is what people like to do, they like to exercise power over other humans and a vote for a Paul is the opposite of that, that's what made him so special, Dr. No.

So voting *does* accomplish something.

erowe1
03-20-2016, 07:11 PM
Both Ron and Rand have has success running for office,..so why would Dr Paul say that voting doesn't accomplish anything?

Why have both of them sought political positions and encouraged people to vote for them?

I like how you totally changed what afwjam said.

afwjam
So voting *does* accomplish something.

Not a vote for Trump.

klamath
Stockholm syndrome. Is that what you have? Stockholm is when you lose track of what is evil and wrong and start identifying with something you abhorred just a short time before ie authoritarian powerful government.

erowe1
03-20-2016, 07:14 PM
I also think that people with principles are going to be needed to battle Trump if/when he gets elected.

Good idea. Or better yet, start now, before he gets elected.

If you support him now and then turn around after he gets elected and start battling him, whatever the word for what you have is, it isn't principles.

Petar
03-20-2016, 07:15 PM
Is that what you have? Stockholm is when you lose track of what is evil and wrong and start identifying with something you abhorred just a short time before ie authoritarian powerful government.

Stockholm syndrome is everyone here who wants to keep the GOP intact so that the neocons don't have to worry about losing all of their power anymore.

Good idea. Or better yet, start now, before he gets elected.

If you support him now and then turn around after he gets elected and start battling him, whatever the word for what you have is, it isn't principles.

The strategic advantage of having a GOP that is in shambles is not going to be such a factor if Trump does not get elected.

hankrichter12
03-20-2016, 07:16 PM
Yes but this is Ron Paul forums, so if yo want to promote an authoritarian for president, do it elsewhere.

I do as I please, if Bryan wants me gone he can say so. I've already explained I don't support "him" or many of his ideas. I don't support the notion of public roads but I still drive on them, I do what I have to do. Why don't you grow up and stop acting like a child.

It has nothing to do with him being a purist - that is just some BS you tell yourself to allow yourself to keep supporting Trump. You are clearly fooling yourself.

As Ron pointed out, Trump is the opposite of a libertarian. It doesn't take a purist to not want to move in the opposite direction of your goal.

As an analogy, if I wanted to go East for 100 miles, I may support going East 50 miles or even two steps if it were still East. But you are calling Ron a purist because he doesn't want to go West 100 miles!

More of this BS, given my reasons for "supporting" Trump countless times. I am not a libertarian, never claimed to be, Ron is also not a libertarian, he identifies as conservative with some libertarian leanings.

klamath
03-20-2016, 07:17 PM
Stockholm syndrome is everyone here who wants to keep the GOP intact so that the neocons don't have to worry about losing all of their power anymore. and you have no clue what Stockholm syndrome is.

r3volution 3.0
03-20-2016, 07:18 PM
If Dr. Paul is saying that his opinion matches that of the Neocons concerning Trump it's only reasonable to ask him why.

The Bolsheviks and the classical liberals both opposed the NAZIs in 1930s Germany; doesn't mean they had any common values.

So your attempt to call Ron's motives into question doesn't work.

...but it is revealing of your own state of mind.

Apparently, you'd sooner slander Ron than admit that Trump is precisely the anti-libertarian candidate that he appears to be.

This is a new development,..as has been many things which are associated with the various Paul campaigns.

People wonder why. There's been a lot of people in the Liberty movement wondering "why" about a lot of things for a long time.

I don't see many answers.

Yes, like why former Ron Paul supporters are supporting Trump, when Trump represents the opposite of everything Ron stood for.

Petar
03-20-2016, 07:20 PM
and you have no clue what Stockholm syndrome is.

Libertarians are Bill Kristol's gimp, and you guys are afraid that Trump is going to hurt your master...

TheTexan
03-20-2016, 07:20 PM
As Trump has said before, you cant get to the top without making enemies.

NOBT

kcchiefs6465
03-20-2016, 07:21 PM
False choice.

klamath
03-20-2016, 07:22 PM
Stockholm syndrome is everyone here who wants to keep the GOP intact so that the neocons don't have to worry about losing all of their power anymore.

The strategic advantage of having a GOP that is in shambles is not going to be such a factor if Trump does not get elected.I feel he will add to it and make it even more evil which is Why I oppose Trump for strategic and policy reasons. I see no good outcomes from trump's candidacy in the least.

Petar
03-20-2016, 07:23 PM
I feel he will add to it and make it even more evil which is Why I oppose Trump for strategic and policy reasons. I see no good outcomes from trump's candidacy in the least.

Bill Kristol makes you feel secure so that you can sleep well at night.

Got it.

klamath
03-20-2016, 07:24 PM
Libertarians are Bill Kristol's gimp, and you guys are afraid that Trump is going to hurt your master... I am not a libertarian and never claimed to be. I am against pure evil.

Smitty
03-20-2016, 07:25 PM
So nobody knows, eh?

Just another collection of silly insults intended to deflect the question.

Smitty
03-20-2016, 07:26 PM
dp

TheTexan
03-20-2016, 08:38 PM
"[Trump] is opposite of a libertarian," he added.

http://www.teclasap.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/haters-gonna-hate.jpg

And greaters gonna great

Petar
03-20-2016, 08:44 PM
I am not a libertarian and never claimed to be. I am against pure evil.

If you aren't pro limited-government, then what are you?

Frodo?

undergroundrr
03-20-2016, 08:57 PM
I stand with Ron Paul.

undergroundrr
03-20-2016, 08:59 PM
Petar, I'm sure this has been pointed out to you - are you aware Donald J. Trump intends to kill your avatar?

TheTexan
03-20-2016, 09:00 PM
Petar, I'm sure this has been pointed out to you - are you aware Donald J. Trump intends to kill your avatar?

Becoming Great requires sacrifices.

Petar
03-20-2016, 09:02 PM

"Liberty omelettes"

presence
03-20-2016, 09:05 PM

message distribution was the goal. holding office was the means.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jfyFHi98V0

beginning minute 18:00 through the end 22:00

Ron never wanted the political power of POTUS or the House, his goal was always to raise money to run an educational campaign.

But all that changed with the 2008 presidential campaign. "2007, 2008 surprised me as much as some other people," Paul explained, "because I didn't have a plan!" He conceived of the campaign as another educational effort, so the groundswell of grassroots backing — the money bombs (http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2007-12-17-ronpaul-fundraising_N.htm), the social media (http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/news-desk/2007/05/09/ron-pauls-online-rise), the screaming crowds (http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/25/fashion/25ronpaul.html?pagewanted=all) of college students (http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ron-pauls-support-grows-on-college-campuses/), the bizarre (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vssZ1gkhKTE) and hilarious (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9DrjybyhLA) supporter videos — all caught the Texas congressman unaware.
http://theweek.com/articles/566779/what-learned-ron-pauls-80th-birthday-party

more:

https://www.google.com/search?q=%22ron+paul%22+%22educational+campaign%22&gws_rd=ssl

RJ Liberty
03-20-2016, 09:05 PM

Yep. The exact quote is, "Kill the traitor." Link here. (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jul/2/donald-trump-edward-snowden-kill-traitor/)

Feeding the Abscess
03-20-2016, 09:06 PM

Mind-numbingly stupid.

Are there multiple people using this account?

Petar
03-20-2016, 09:07 PM
Are there multiple people using this account?

Your username is gross.

Origanalist
03-20-2016, 09:23 PM
Your username is gross.

Europeans are disgusting and their women have poor hygiene.

r3volution 3.0
03-20-2016, 09:52 PM

They talk stupid too, can't understand a word they say.

Speak American!

Petar
03-20-2016, 10:20 PM

It's not nice to say things that could be hurtful towards someone's feelings on the internet.

TheTexan
03-20-2016, 10:33 PM
It's not nice to say things that could be hurtful towards someone's feelings on the internet.

+rep thank you

This goes for the hateful comments towards Trump as well, Trump has feelings too

misterx
03-21-2016, 01:54 AM
Paul is the latest political figure to declare his opposition to Trump. Others, who've begun billing themselves as #NeverTrump conservatives, include Nebraska Sen. Ben Sasse, conservative commentator Erick Erickson and veteran GOP strategist Rick Wilson.

The irony is that these are the same people who call Ron Paul crazy.

undergroundrr
03-21-2016, 09:12 AM

"Liberty omelettes"

Mr. Texas and Petar, can I be clear that you're advocating for the murder of Edward Snowden? You would have him killed for trump? Your comments seem very black and white on the matter. Please, this is an opportunity for you to clarify.

erowe1
03-21-2016, 10:13 AM
Mr. Texas and Petar, can I be clear that you're advocating for the murder of Edward Snowden? You would have him killed for trump? Your comments seem very black and white on the matter. Please, this is an opportunity for you to clarify.

You should go back and read some of the Texan's other posts.

Petar is genuinely irrational. The Texan is just trying to be funny.

TheTexan
03-21-2016, 10:15 AM

Only if it brings us closer to making America Great again, then I'm OK with it.

undergroundrr
03-21-2016, 10:27 AM
You should go back and read some of the Texan's other posts.

Petar is genuinely irrational. The Texan is just trying to be funny.

Got it. Apologies (I guess) Mr. Texan. Although if you're a committed satirist you'll continue accordingly.

Still waiting for Petar to clarify. Are you advocating for the execution of Edward Snowden?

William Tell
03-21-2016, 10:32 AM
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ron-paul-joins-the-nevertrump-movement/article/2586188
The committed isolationist expressed concern Friday

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-F7jkdY1jJR8/T6lfZ4D9tbI/AAAAAAAABHo/pHfMZD7V8Gg/s170/nicholas-cage-laughing.gif

Petar
03-21-2016, 11:26 AM
+rep thank you

This goes for the hateful comments towards Trump as well, Trump has feelings too

Stop hurting Trump's feelings.

Trump is an ass for saying that he wants to kill Edward Snowden, and that is going to have to be something that libertarians oppose him on.

Does not change the fact that Trump is going to usher in the overall cultural/political clash that needs to occur/get hashed out.

undergroundrr
03-21-2016, 11:34 AM
Trump is an ass for saying that he wants to kill Edward Snowden, and that is going to have to be something that libertarians oppose him on.

By the time political leaders start executing people (and maybe by the time they're running successful election campaigns), it's gone beyond the "we need to oppose him" point.

Does not change the fact that Trump is going to usher in the overall cultural/political clash that needs to occur/get hashed out.

Okay, so now it's not that trump is going to do something himself to take down the power structure. It's something that's going to magically happen just due to his presence in DC? From what I can tell, he's ushering in Rudy Giuliani, Chris Christie, Richard Haass, and maybe a couple other CFR guys. I guess Ben Carson's kind of anti-establishment if he gets a position. Help me out here.

Petar
03-21-2016, 11:52 AM
By the time political leaders start executing people (and maybe by the time they're running successful election campaigns), it's gone beyond the "we need to oppose him" point.

That is the point that the left will actually serve some legitimate purpose again.

A "realignment", or "unfucking" - if you will.

Okay, so now it's not that trump is going to do something himself to take down the power structure. It's something that's going to magically happen just due to his presence in DC? From what I can tell, he's ushering in Rudy Giuliani, Chris Christie, Richard Haass, and maybe a couple other CFR guys. I guess Ben Carson's kind of anti-establishment if he gets a position. Help me out here.

It's gonna be a proper clash/hashing out between neoconism VS conservatism, globalism VS nationalism, and political incorrectness VS SJW insanity.