PDA

View Full Version : HQ still unsure if Glenn Beck decision will be made by years end.

James R
12-07-2007, 01:38 PM
I just got off the phone with HQ. They still are not sure if they will make a decision whether or not to be on the Glenn Beck show by the end of the year. The campaign should make the decision today, not next year after the election is over.

mport1
12-07-2007, 01:39 PM
Why would they not do this immediately?!!!

ClayTrainor
12-07-2007, 01:40 PM
Yea, i was hoping Ron would be on asap as well... I dont' really understand this decision but, they must have their reasons... i guess.

I think it would be a great iterview

MrOblivious
12-07-2007, 01:40 PM
I don't know... Glenn Beck is a Jack@$$.

bolidew
12-07-2007, 01:41 PM
Anyone got a different answer from HQ?

steph3n
12-07-2007, 01:43 PM
Anyone got a different answer from HQ?

The truth is, the HQ phone respondents are us, they don't know anymore than we do :(

familydog
12-07-2007, 01:47 PM
This is getting silly. If they don't want to do it then just let us know instead of jerking us around.

sgrooms
12-07-2007, 01:49 PM
i wonder if theyre waiting for the last minute, so ron paul doesnt spike to early

ASayre
12-07-2007, 01:50 PM
Does noone else see the possibility that they may want a Jan 2nd or sometime before Jan 8th interview?

While Dr. Paul is still fresh in their minds?

sgrooms
12-07-2007, 01:51 PM
Does noone else see the possibility that they may want a Jan 2nd or sometime before Jan 8th interview?

While Dr. Paul is still fresh in their minds?

yup

MadOdorMachine
12-07-2007, 01:55 PM
I will be meeting with Ron Paul on Dec 11th. I'll definitely bring this up to him and try to get a straight answer. I will tell him like I've said around here. I will vote for him and continue to provide grassroots support, but I can't donate anymore money to his campaign even for the Tea Party unless he at least announces that he will go on Glenn's show prior to the 16th.

sgrooms
12-07-2007, 02:03 PM
I will be meeting with Ron Paul on Dec 11th. I'll definitely bring this up to him and try to get a straight answer. I will tell him like I've said around here. I will vote for him and continue to provide grassroots support, but I can't donate anymore money to his campaign even for the Tea Party unless he at least announces that he will go on Glenn's show prior to the 16th.

you can't donate if he doesnt go on a tv show? doesn't sound right to me...

rawkd
12-07-2007, 02:03 PM
Ron needs more exposure and then it will give Glenn Beck less reason to attempt to smear him. The more exposure Ron Paul has at the time of the interview the worse Glenn Beck would look if he were to try and smear Dr Paul.

barcop
12-07-2007, 02:06 PM

You won't donate anymore... if Dr. Paul doesn't go on a show within your demanded timeline?

LAME.

Adamsa
12-07-2007, 02:07 PM
Make The Damn Decision!

Danny Molina
12-07-2007, 02:08 PM
I can't stand the campaign's incompetence.

LibertyEagle
12-07-2007, 02:09 PM

Huh? :confused: That almost sounds like blackmail. Hey, I think he should go on the show too, but if someone said to me, what you say you're going to say to Paul, I would tell you to go to hell, just for the principle of it. :)

benhaskins
12-07-2007, 02:10 PM
what happened to the people that were up in arms with glenn beck a month ago.

LibertyEagle
12-07-2007, 02:10 PM
I can't stand the campaign's incompetence.

Wait a minute. It really might be because they don't want him to peak too soon. Right after the first of the year would be perfection. However, to make that happen, they need to be making the arrangements before then.

Mark Rushmore
12-07-2007, 02:12 PM

Maybe saying, "It's hard for me to justify further donations when your campaign seems to be turning down an almost priceless amount of free exposure - why pay for you to buy 30 seconds of untargeted airtime when you turn down a free hour speaking to our target demographic?" would be more tactful? ;)

jamesmadison
12-07-2007, 02:13 PM
Wait a minute. It really might be because they don't want him to peak too soon. Right after the first of the year would be perfection. However, to make that happen, they need to be making the arrangements before then.

The question is why is the campaign unsure in the process of deciding? If they have a strategic plan to peak towards the beginning of the primary season the decision would be already made. It would be stated that Paul will be on Glenn Becks show at such and such date for such and such reason. This is not the case. They are incompetant - as with the philly rally, campaign emails, this, and then the chris matthews invitation.

How can you decline an hour with Chris Matthews? Incompetance.

benhaskins
12-07-2007, 02:17 PM
personally i think it would be better if he had better than expected showings in the early primaries (maybe a win in NH?) and then go on the tele.

one benefit of this is we dont have to hear the same old shit about having no chance of winning etc. etc. i would rather seem him use 1hr of primetime when people actually believe (outside of the support he has now) he has a chance of winning.

WilliamC
12-07-2007, 02:18 PM
Greetings All,

Add me to the list of people asking why this hasn't been done yet. I'm sure the campaign has information we don't so maybe things aren't as they appear on the surface. But this much exposure to Beck's audience, many of whom I would think are going to vote in the Republican primaries, would be a very good thing IMO.

William C Colley

Shink
12-07-2007, 02:21 PM
Perhaps the campaign doesn't like when WE ARE CALLED TERRORISTS. There's been no apology, don't forget that. There's only been a 'buy my book...I SWEAR it's libertarian. I need Ron to come on so I can plug my book with the max amount of viewers and listeners...even though they're terrorists, I'll accept their money' sham.

Is this a great opportunity for Ron to set things straight? Yes. However, perhaps they're waiting for some retractions for the bullshit that's been said...and perhaps the Ron Paul almost going on his show previously ordeal was a bigger spat than we know.

James R
12-07-2007, 02:30 PM
Perhaps the campaign doesn't like when WE ARE CALLED TERRORISTS. There's been no apology, don't forget that. There's only been a 'buy my book...I SWEAR it's libertarian. I need Ron to come on so I can plug my book with the max amount of viewers and listeners...even though they're terrorists, I'll accept their money' sham.

Is this a great opportunity for Ron to set things straight? Yes. However, perhaps they're waiting for some retractions for the bullshit that's been said...and perhaps the Ron Paul almost going on his show previously ordeal was a bigger spat than we know.

If that is true, then why doesn't the campaign just come out and say it?

Ann Kobialka
12-07-2007, 02:30 PM
Another week has passed so I will ask again. What shows are we scheduled for this weekend?? None as usual. We need some professional leadership to deal with the media.
We handed this fledgeling campaign a warchest that could of got any one of us media attention so where is THE MEDIA ATTENTION // I spoke with my elderly Mom on the phone and when I brought up Ron Paul she said "oh is he still running". My mother is a super votor and she doesn't even realize he is STILL RUNNING Ann

Ron LOL
12-07-2007, 02:32 PM
This makes me SO MAD. Going on the show is a complete no-brainer. Air time! Huge audience! Ron Paul is way smarter than Glenn Beck!

What the fuck!

Stop going on the GOD DAMN Alex Jones show and get on Glenn Beck yesterday.

jaumen
12-07-2007, 02:33 PM
Just do it. There is absolutely no reason not to. He can't do anything to make Ron Paul look bad that he couldn't do without Ron Paul on the show.

Shink
12-07-2007, 02:33 PM
This makes me SO MAD. Going on the show is a complete no-brainer. Air time! Huge audience! Ron Paul is way smarter than Glenn Beck!

What the fuck!

I direct you to my above post.

LibertyEagle
12-07-2007, 02:36 PM
What the fuck!

Now, that's the way to bring more Christians into the campaign. Good job. NOT. :rolleyes:

Please clean up your language a bit.

LibertyEagle
12-07-2007, 02:37 PM
If that is true, then why doesn't the campaign just come out and say it?

Perhaps because they don't want to announce their strategy to the world. Ya think?

kevinblack
12-07-2007, 02:38 PM
Here is my thinking:

If we have nothing to loose (we think we are loosing Iowa and NH) then he should go on Glenn Beck yesterday

If we are on track to surprise on those states. He should avoid Glenn Beck until after New Hampshire (possibly Iowa if we get 2nd). He will get MUCH more advertising value on Glenn's show with solid numbers behind him.

jake
12-07-2007, 02:39 PM
This should be done the week of the 17th

Ron LOL
12-07-2007, 02:39 PM
Perhaps the campaign doesn't like when WE ARE CALLED TERRORISTS.

Dude, less qq, more pew pew (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=less+qq+more+pew+pew).

Seriously, get over it already. Oh no, Glenn Beck called us terrorists. Oh no, my virgin ears. Big deal. Who cares? Really, who? This is such a non-event for me.

But no! Why turn the other cheek for the sake of free access to an enormous audience when we can be outraged? We must be outraged! OUTRAGED! After all, we've trained ourselves to feel marginalized. May as well continue acting that way instead of growing up. It isn't as though that kind of behavior could cost us the election...

benhaskins
12-07-2007, 02:40 PM
november = glenn beck is the devil

december = glenn beck is our only saviour

bomybomy
12-07-2007, 02:41 PM
I must admit, him refusing an offer like this makes me reluctant to donate more as well.

The end of last quarter, the big pitch to hit $1M in the last week was "$10 Million in Free Advertising". And, they were right.

After Nov. 5th, we got antoher "$10M In Free Advertising".....and the numbers went up again.

The Conservative Talk Show filed is THE AUDIENCE that is left predominantly untapped at this point, and the sooner we crack that nut, the better.

I would be willing to sign on to some sort of pledge pleaing with Dr. Paul to do this, at the same time expressing my hesitancy to contribute any more funds. The point of the money is to get him on the airwaves.

DealzOnWheelz
12-07-2007, 02:42 PM

If you didn't donate anymore because he doesn't go on a damn show then you obviously are not that passionate about getting him elected.

Come on are you kidding me?

WHO THE HELL ARE YOU TO DEMAND THINGS FROM DR PAUL??????:mad:

Personally it would be better for him to go on after the 16th and definitely better in january to keep him fresh in peoples minds

Shink
12-07-2007, 02:42 PM
Dude, less qq, more pew pew (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=less+qq+more+pew+pew).

Seriously, get over it already. Oh no, Glenn Beck called us terrorists. Oh no, my virgin ears. Big deal. Who cares? Really, who? This is such a non-event for me.

But no! Why turn the other cheek for the sake of free access to an enormous audience when we can be outraged? We must be outraged! OUTRAGED! After all, we've trained ourselves to feel marginalized. May as well continue acting that way instead of growing up. It isn't as though that kind of behavior could cost us the election...

Perhaps you haven't heard of habeas corpus? Y'know...the thing that's gone if you happen to be labeled a 'terrorist?' Whatever. Have fun in your free speech zone, just try not to have a radical ideology, k?

Danny Molina
12-07-2007, 02:45 PM

90% of us are passed this already. He needs exposure plain and simple.

Shink
12-07-2007, 02:48 PM

QFT.

benhaskins
12-07-2007, 02:48 PM
keep in mind that ron paul doesnt really like glenn beck all that much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYSeHMEjRy0

kevinblack
12-07-2007, 02:49 PM
90% of us are passed this already. He needs exposure plain and simple.

Exactly, that is what I am saying. He needs exposure. But does he need it now?
If he goes on Glenn Beck with solid numbers from Iowa and NH he will get much more exposure than if he goes on now on a defensive position.

Of course, if you are certain that we are not going to get good numbers on Iowa and NH then you should try to get him on now.

Think about it.

pacelli
12-07-2007, 02:55 PM

Congratulations on getting a meeting with the man himself! I humbly raise the possibility that Glenn Beck might have his show's scheduling planned in advance, perhaps through the end of the year, and may not be able to schedule Dr. Paul for 1 hour TV and 1 hour radio until after the 1st of the year. Lets not immediately jump to the conclusion that Dr. Paul or the campaign is guilty of laziness. I think his record proves otherwise.

Ron LOL
12-07-2007, 02:56 PM
Perhaps you haven't heard of habeas corpus? Y'know...the thing that's gone if you happen to be labeled a 'terrorist?' Whatever. Have fun in your free speech zone, just try not to have a radical ideology, k?

Likewise, be sure you've stored enough food in your bunker...I mean, compound...I mean...Aw, shucks, what's the politically correct term these days, anyway?

James R
12-07-2007, 03:03 PM
Perhaps because they don't want to announce their strategy to the world. Ya think?

If that is true, then why doesn't the campaign just come out and say exactly that?

Mark Rushmore
12-07-2007, 03:05 PM
Likewise, be sure you've stored enough food in your bunker...I mean, compound...I mean...Aw, shucks, what's the politically correct term these days, anyway?

Safe-Room. You hide from terrorists in a safe-room. You are a terrorist if you have a bunker or compound.

http://www.fema.gov/plan/prevent/saferoom/index.shtm

stevedasbach
12-07-2007, 03:05 PM
The question is why is the campaign unsure in the process of deciding? If they have a strategic plan to peak towards the beginning of the primary season the decision would be already made. It would be stated that Paul will be on Glenn Becks show at such and such date for such and such reason. This is not the case. They are incompetant - as with the philly rally, campaign emails, this, and then the chris matthews invitation.

How can you decline an hour with Chris Matthews? Incompetance.

Just because Chris Matthews said he'd like to spend an hour interviewing Ron Paul doesn't mean the campaign has an invitation.

In 1992, Larry King interviewed LP nominee Andre Marrou on his radio show. During the show, he said on the air that he would like to have Andre on his TV show. The campaign followed up with the TV show repeatedly but kept getting the runaround. Finally, the producer told them the truth -- that the producer, not King, decided who appeared on the show and there was "no way" that Andre was going to be on the show.

We did manage to get Andre on King's show, but only because we shot an ad entitled "Larry King Lies" and bought time to run it on King's show. After the ad guy at CNN watched the ad, he called and asked if we really wanted to run that ad. We said yes, since it was true. Of course, we noted, if it wasn't true then we certainly wouldn't run it. Within the hour, we got a call from the King show inviting Andre on the show. :)

Ron LOL
12-07-2007, 03:09 PM
Safe-Room. You hide from terrorists in a safe-room. You are a terrorist if you have a bunker or compound.

http://www.fema.gov/plan/prevent/saferoom/index.shtm

So we're clear, I was mocking him :cool:

Edit: wow, the government actually wastes money on producing documents like that? That's kind of offensive.

bolidew
12-07-2007, 03:16 PM
If we do well in Iowa/NH, RP will AUTOMATICALLY get a lot of interviews/media time.

I think going on GB show ASAP will bring much more benefit .

RonPaulMania
12-07-2007, 03:21 PM
He still needs all the exposure he can get. Let's get him out there!!!

sandersondavis
12-07-2007, 03:25 PM
This is getting silly. If they don't want to do it then just let us know instead of jerking us around.

Jerking you around? When did you become so damned important.

Ron Paul is the one who will have to appear. The final decision is 100% up to him. I trust him to make the right decision. Do you?

So far RP's strategy seems to be working. Beck has had nothing but nice things to say since he started courting Ron Paul for two one hour appearances.

Dr. Paul might have good reason to suspect that 'The Mayor of Crazy Town" references will reappear once Glen Beck has two hours of audio and video to take out of context.

I don't trust Glen Beck. I do trust Ron Paul. I'll leave this important decision entirely up to the good Doctor and he will never owe me an explanation.

MadOdorMachine
12-07-2007, 03:54 PM
Maybe saying, "It's hard for me to justify further donations when your campaign seems to be turning down an almost priceless amount of free exposure - why pay for you to buy 30 seconds of untargeted airtime when you turn down a free hour speaking to our target demographic?" would be more tactful? ;)

Of course. Obviously I'm going to be tactful about it! Ron Paul is my hero, I'm not going to go up to him and be a jerk. My point is that it is pointless for me to donate to him when they pass up an opportunity like this.

Let's face the facts. He doesn't get adequate time in the debates. Shows like "The View" where he thought he would get a good interview backfired. His biggest supporter on the show flat out told him he wouldn't make it. In the meantime, I haven't seen one commercial on television for Ron Paul in western Iowa. I've heard radio ad's but they fail to deliver any punch. If he wants the opportunity to explain his views, this really is his only shot outside of the internet. It is imperitive that he starts reaching out the Republican base.

This is my suggestion that I will tell him he needs to consider if he wants to win over the Republican base:

1. Republicans like to win wars. It has been stated that the war against terrorism is a different type of war.

2. When Ron Paul starts talking about pulling out of Iraq, the Republican base thinks he wants to retriet...in other words, we lose the war.

3. He has little time to explain his views in debates. The Republican base doesn't understand that the primary reason for Islamic terrorism is the occupation of their land.

4. Here is where he needs to turn all of these things that sound negative to Republicans into something positive. For now on everytime he starts talking about leaving Iraq, he needs to begin by stating that we are in an unconventional war that requires logical thinking. He needs to recertify that the 911 commision report and CIA has said the reason for terrorism is the occupation of land before he makes any mention of pulling out of Iraq. Then he needs to bring up that he has been right all of this time about Iran and their nuclear ambitions. Finally he can explain the details of his plan for withdrawal. He can conclude his explanation on security by reiterating that the last thing we need is a trigger happy Commander in Chief. He can close it up by bringing up Reagon and the fall of communism. He can also tell John McCain the next time he says "They will follow us home." that they didn't follow the Russians home when Afghanistan was invaded.

I think if he goes at it from that angle, not only does he continue to appeal to the anti-war crowd, but he comes off much stronger to Republicans. Ron Paul is the only one who has a plan to stop terrorism. Everyone else is just following the same policy. If he plans on being our Commander in Cheif he needs to start acting like it. Glenn Beck is the perfect place to do this because he agrees with everything Ron Paul has to say except for his views on the Middle-East.

Electric Church
12-07-2007, 03:54 PM
If you didn't donate anymore because he doesn't go on a damn show then you obviously are not that passionate about getting him elected.

Come on are you kidding me?

WHO THE HELL ARE YOU TO DEMAND THINGS FROM DR PAUL??????:mad:

Personally it would be better for him to go on after the 16th and definitely better in january to keep him fresh in peoples minds

There should be at least 10 times more responses like this to that post.

smtwngrl
12-07-2007, 04:16 PM
keep in mind that ron paul doesnt really like glenn beck all that much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYSeHMEjRy0

"But, how often should I go on Bill O'Reilly's show? I don't care what the questions are, and what the challenges are, just let me get in an answer." ---RP

This video shows how willing Ron Paul is to go where he is invited, as long as he is allowed to answer the questions. He did say he imagined that he would go on Glenn Beck's show. And despite Glenn Beck's shortcomings, he would let Dr. Paul have time to talk.

Ron Paul calls it like it is (saying Glenn Beck "has been pretty discourteous", "can be a demogogue"), but he doesn't seem to be one who holds a grudge.

smtwngrl
12-07-2007, 04:30 PM

November= Glenn Beck is a dangerous guy, if he's willing to throw around the terrorist label (and if other people listen to/buy into that).
( He should read http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/569819/posts )

December=Glenn Beck could a useful tool. Dr. Paul needs all the exposure he can get, especially an hour to one of our most important demographics. Not only that, but Glenn Beck shares some common views with Ron Paul. When he has the opportunity to get detailed answers to his questions, his attitude may improve. (It certainly won't get worse.)

benhaskins
12-07-2007, 04:39 PM
my whole point was the flip flopping so quickly on the opinion of glenn beck.

he has been slapping us around for a long time and then he wants to make peace. it seems wierd to be like OK ! at the crack of a whip and forget all the negative treatment. however i do see the value in going on the show and support it but it doesnt have be be this second.

yes we are starved for attention on msm. but i dont think its smart to act like a desperate fool and forget who is "helping" us out.

smtwngrl
12-07-2007, 05:07 PM
he has been slapping us around for a long time

He has been trying to get Ron Paul on for a long time, and the more time went on, the worse his attitude got. (I'm not justifying his actions, though. :mad: )

it seems wierd to be like OK ! at the crack of a whip and forget all the negative treatment.

You have a good point. But we are not forgetting any of it. :( (At least, I'm not.) I think the natural response is pride, and for us to want to tell Glenn Beck what he can do with his show. But that might not be the most productive attitude.

Glenn Beck is still trying to decide who to support. I saw an interview he did with Huck (when Huck wasn't getting as much attention). It was a full hour. He let him speak. And at the end, Glenn said he couldn't eliminate Huck as a possibility. He wanted to, but he couldn't. (Of course, Huckabee sounded good.)

After an hour of having Ron Paul on, and getting detailed answers to his questions, I think Glenn would be closer to supporting him than he is now, not further away. If he is more supportive, as a result, so much the better. If not, his viewers will have been educated about Ron Paul.

chandlerLBT
12-07-2007, 05:09 PM
my whole point was the flip flopping so quickly on the opinion of glenn beck.

he has been slapping us around for a long time and then he wants to make peace. it seems wierd to be like OK ! at the crack of a whip and forget all the negative treatment. however i do see the value in going on the show and support it but it doesnt have be be this second.

yes we are starved for attention on msm. but i dont think its smart to act like a desperate fool and forget who is "helping" us out.

i never flip flopped on my opinion of glenn beck. he never called us terrorists, and there's no way he can spend an entire two hours discrediting paul, there simply is no legitimate evidence that can hurt paul. i think it's a mistake not to go, but it's ron paul's decision. hopefully paul is able to make this decision, and not HQ. and if he does not want to go, hopefully paul will at least tell us why, but again that's his decision to make as well.

benhaskins
12-07-2007, 05:20 PM
read between the lines. glenn beck brought david horowitz on to do the dirty work. why not promote the fundraising effocts of this campaign in a positive light.

familydog
12-07-2007, 05:20 PM
Jerking you around? When did you become so damned important.

Ron Paul is the one who will have to appear. The final decision is 100% up to him. I trust him to make the right decision. Do you?

So far RP's strategy seems to be working. Beck has had nothing but nice things to say since he started courting Ron Paul for two one hour appearances.

Dr. Paul might have good reason to suspect that 'The Mayor of Crazy Town" references will reappear once Glen Beck has two hours of audio and video to take out of context.

I don't trust Glen Beck. I do trust Ron Paul. I'll leave this important decision entirely up to the good Doctor and he will never owe me an explanation.

Here I thought all of us were important...to Dr. Paul's success. I thought this was a grassroots campaign, but based on your post maybe I'm wrong? Are we not allowed to press our concerns about the direction of the campaign? Thanks, seriously.

We were told well in advance of him going on The View so why not Beck even if it's going to be in January? Since when do people want the campaing to keep secrets?

Also, not all of us were up in arms over the Beck terrorist deal.