Christian Right is currently devoid of genuine sagacity. On the whole,
they fail to understand the issues that are critical to our
nation's--and their own--survival.

sgrooms
12-07-2007, 01:32 PM
nice article

JPFromTally
12-07-2007, 01:35 PM
Who needs Chuck Norris when you got Chuck Baldwin?

ConstitutionGal
12-07-2007, 01:36 PM
I just received this in an email and was going to post it but, I found that it was posted in the following thread yesterday when it first appeared at newswithviews.com:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=48681&highlight=christian+right

Magsec
Some Protestant denominations actually get it, and I don't think it's fair to generalize "the Christian Right" so much as to lump these denominations w/ everyone else. The Bible is highly interpretive, after all.

akovacs
It's so sad how much they've attached themselves to the government. They used to be so anti-government and anti-war

jb4ronpaul
12-07-2007, 01:41 PM
our meetup group is heavily Christian. I have told everyone to go after Catholics. most don't believe in big government and the church is pro life and anti war. there is no other candidate who fits. I am getting lots of Catholics interested. people don't talk about them anymore as a voting block but there is a huge number of them.

Original_Intent
12-07-2007, 01:42 PM
Chuck Baldwin for VP. Seriously.

Kingfisher
12-07-2007, 01:43 PM
Not all the Christian right. Just the brainwashed ones.

shepburn
12-07-2007, 01:50 PM
Use this article to engage Huck's Army folks.

My Pastor totally agree's with Chuck's perspective.

To all non-Christian Ron Paul supporters .... please understand that there is a clear Christian perspective of why Ron Paul should be our president. Huck's people falsly believe that some how the Huckster will be good for the Christian cause. They are sorely misled and we can help them come out of denial.

I have personally converted two of Huck's Army people to Ron Paul's side. I'll continue to troll their boards for more converts.

hawks4ronpaul
12-07-2007, 02:01 PM
Show them http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ik7GrReCjPc and Part 2.

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

spacebetween
12-07-2007, 02:10 PM
Wow, I'll have to use this piece for a lot of people I know. I didn't realize Chuck was so pro-RP.

James R
12-07-2007, 02:17 PM
Very enlightening. Lets hope the power of the internet can tear down the power of the elite.

Mark Rushmore
12-07-2007, 02:19 PM
I have told everyone to go after Catholics. most don't believe in big government and the church is pro life and anti war.

Not to start an off-topic issue, but is that really your experience? I don't have much personal experience with Catholics but I would never have thought to try them out for a small government demographic? They seem so big on formality, hierarchy, pageantry, imagery - pretty much all the favorite tools of an imposing state. That and a heavy history of being registered Democratic - have you had good personal experience getting them to actually reregister for closed primaries or anything?

Wayne Hammond
12-07-2007, 02:21 PM
Well, I for one, as part of "The Christian Right" do get it.

We have to be careful about lumping people into groups like this - a LOT of the "Christian Right" that I come in contact with DO GET IT, so it might be more accurate to say "a large portion of the Christian Right doesn't get it, yet". :)

You have to look at the reasons that many conservative Christians "don't get it"...

Many conservative Christians support political candidates simply because their candidate can "talk the talk", rather than "walk the walk". They simply have not been presented with the facts properly and have not been shown how their candidate has failed on just about every issue that is important to conservative Christians.

You're not going to win them over by telling them that their "group" "just doesn't get it". They are open to logic as everyone else is - but no one is taking the time to explain the more important issues to them - primarily their loss of personal liberties and how this can affect their children's future religious freedoms. Whatever you do, don't start out with the war issue- calling the Republican neo-cons "baby-killers" or stuff like that won't get you any brownie points. :eek:

The reason I say this is because I was a pro-war person myself who supported GW Bush. It took me a long time and a lot of reading and thinking to come where I now am; realizing that Dr. Paul is 100% correct.

Stay on them and point the Christians to Dr. Paul's writings. A lot of conservative Christians already believe in the end-times Bible prophesy of an intrusive, evil, one-world-government, and you can use that belief to springboard into the other important issues.

Mark Rushmore
12-07-2007, 02:26 PM
Well, I for one, as part of "The Christian Right" do get it.

We have to be careful about lumping people into groups like this - a LOT of the "Christian Right" that I come in contact with DO GET IT, so it might be more accurate to say "a large portion of the Christian Right doesn't get it, yet". :)

I think it's really an issue of sloppy and hijacked semantics. The problem is with the "Christian Center" - the true Christian "right" is just about Ron Paul's best audience. My 2 cents.

akovacs
12-07-2007, 02:31 PM
They seem so big on formality, hierarchy, pageantry, imagery - pretty much all the favorite tools of an imposing state.

True, but the government isn't the same as the church. They would prefer the government leave them alone so they can focus and listen to the church. Unless the government makes catholisism (sp) the state religion, this won't change.

Wayne Hammond
12-07-2007, 02:33 PM
I think it's really an issue of sloppy and hijacked semantics. The problem is with the "Christian Center" - the true Christian "right" is just about Ron Paul's best audience. My 2 cents.

I would agree with that. There's a lot of "supposed" Christian "right" that are not right at all.

True right-wing conservative Christians already agree with Dr. Paul, for the most part... decentralized, small government, following the Constitution, pro-life, anti-world government, anti-FIAT money, less taxation, libertarian ideals, etc.

The major problem with this group is getting the word out to them about Dr. Paul. Once they are presented with Dr. Paul's positions, they love him and tend to jump on board with us.

OferNave
12-07-2007, 02:56 PM
Wow, that article was spot on.

I don't know anything about the christian right. Please tell me this Chuck guy has lots of influence?

Micahyah
12-07-2007, 03:07 PM
I'm an evangelical and have been using Baldwin's articles to wake up other Christians for a long time.

jb4ronpaul
12-07-2007, 03:23 PM
Not to start an off-topic issue, but is that really your experience? I don't have much personal experience with Catholics but I would never have thought to try them out for a small government demographic? They seem so big on formality, hierarchy, pageantry, imagery - pretty much all the favorite tools of an imposing state. That and a heavy history of being registered Democratic - have you had good personal experience getting them to actually reregister for closed primaries or anything?

YES! I have had real good results at my church. You know the lewrockwell site is very pro-catholic. As a Catholic I don't want to tear down all hierarchy, I want to choose to participate in a voluntary hierarchy, not the state. In fact all that stuff you mentioned I think is natural and can be used for much good, except when combined with the violent power of the state, then you have lots of problems and abuse. That is the big difference. We don't like the state interfering too. The Catholic Church also has a strong charity and education system. Again, a free and volunteer organization does a better job than the government at these things. We don't want government interference. I am not saying all Catholics, but I am telling you Catholicism and Ron Paul are a great fit.

Send this to all Catholics
http://www.lewrockwell.com/woods/woods83.html

RonPaulMania
12-07-2007, 03:52 PM
Some Protestant denominations actually get it, and I don't think it's fair to generalize "the Christian Right" so much as to lump these denominations w/ everyone else. The Bible is highly interpretive, after all.

According to Protestants it is. The Orthodox and Catholics don't believe so (which is a much larger demographic than all Prots) and all the conservative Catholics are for Ron Paul. Many conservative Catholics don't know about him, but when they do they are immediately for him. The Orthodox aren't as political by and large so I don't know.