PDA

View Full Version : The Revolution Begins - RON PAUL [New Video]

arpowers
12-07-2007, 01:21 PM
Hey guys,
As a student, I don't have a lot of money to donate but I want to help so I made a video..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmO-Fnp1-dM#GU5U2spHI_4
please check it out and let me know what you think:)

Best,
Andrew

Edit: Here is the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb4HW3I82lg

Nyte
12-07-2007, 01:26 PM
Nice work.

hillertexas
12-07-2007, 01:27 PM
Thank you for your work, Andrew! We are glad to have you and your talents here at the forum. Welcome!

ShowMeLiberty
12-07-2007, 01:31 PM
Excellent job - I love it! I'm sending the link to everyone on my email list. :)

MadViking10
12-07-2007, 01:32 PM
Great job! :)

BLS
12-07-2007, 01:36 PM
I like it!

radhruin
12-07-2007, 01:36 PM
Good stuff. Love the music - what is it?

coboman
12-07-2007, 01:37 PM
Very nice

suavivity
12-07-2007, 01:37 PM
fantastic video! keep up the good work.

Trigonx
12-07-2007, 01:39 PM
very nice video man :)

Tina
12-07-2007, 01:41 PM
Very nice!

hellah10
12-07-2007, 01:44 PM
love the video!

5 stars and added it to my favorites

arpowers
12-07-2007, 01:45 PM
wow, thanks for the replies...

I wasn't sure If i had done RP justice...

the music is the theme from 'the last of the mohicans'

andrew

WV Freedom Fighter
12-07-2007, 01:50 PM
That is great, Keep up the good work! Just goes to show you, even if you don't have money to contribute there are other ways to help the revolution. Thank you.

qwerty
12-07-2007, 02:04 PM
I LOVE THIS VIDEO!!!!

it makes me very motivated!

:cool:

qwerty
12-07-2007, 02:06 PM
5 Stars!

PatriotOne
12-07-2007, 02:07 PM
the music is the theme from 'the last of the mohicans'

andrew

Excellent choice of music. It's very powerful.

qwerty
12-07-2007, 02:25 PM
Bump!

qwerty
12-07-2007, 02:33 PM
Excellent job - I love it! I'm sending the link to everyone on my email list. :)

Everyone should do like you!

RonPaulJunkie
12-07-2007, 02:37 PM
I'm going to be highly critical...

It is very moving and makes you want to fight!

I felt the most emotion in the part where Ron Paul is questioned on taking marching orders from Al queda. I think you could make it a slam dunk by working on the end some more. And I love the music too.

This is actually one of the best videos I have seen so take my comments with a grain of salt. 5 star material for sure! :)

qwerty
12-07-2007, 02:38 PM
I'm going to be highly critical...

It is very moving and makes you want to fight!

I felt the most emotion in the part where Ron Paul is questioned on taking marching orders from Al queda. I think you could make it a slam dunk by working on the end some more. And I love the music too.

This is actually one of the best videos I have seen so take my comments with a grain of salt. 5 star material for sure! :)

Totally agree!

We need spread this one!

Derek Johnson
12-07-2007, 02:41 PM
:D
Hey guys,
As a student, I don't have a lot of money to donate but I want to help so I made a video..

Best,
Andrew

Thanks for that Andrew, and great work! I made one last night also, using calls I made to Mark Levin on ABC radio. He blew a head gasket when I asked him if he is coming to the Tea Party on the 16th:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6cuy-6bMKQ

qwerty
12-07-2007, 02:47 PM
Bump!

qwerty
12-07-2007, 02:54 PM
Bump!

RonPaulJunkie
12-07-2007, 02:55 PM
I just watched this about 5 times. There are really a lot of great elements in this.. Again, great job! PLEASE make more like this!

qwerty
12-07-2007, 02:57 PM
I just watched this about 5 times. There are really a lot of great elements in this.. Again, great job! PLEASE make more like this!

I have watched it like 20 times allready... :p

Itīs so motivating...

arpowers
12-07-2007, 03:00 PM
"I think you could make it a slam dunk by working on the end some more. "

I like the feedback, and I will edit it in advance of the 16th..
if you guys think its worth trying to get it out there ...

qwerty
12-07-2007, 03:02 PM
why this thread has only 2 stars ? :rolleyes:

jonathanwebb
12-07-2007, 03:06 PM
Nice job on the video editing, but the section where Bush is visiting a Christian non-profit childcare group, holds up a Bible, and says "this is your handbook", and then this video tries to draw the conclusion from that speech that Bush is anti-first amendment and not for separation of church and state, and that HE will reject Federal Regulations in favor of the Bible is ridiculous.

He was visiting a CHRISTIAN group, after all, and he was referring to that group's handbook, not the federal government's handbook! Can't you find some other way to demonstrate that he's anti-first amendment that by bashing a CHRISTIAN GROUP or the BIBLE?

Did it ever occur to you that Dr. Ron Paul is a conservative Christian (Southern Baptist) and HE ALSO believes that the BIBLE is the handbook for Christian organizations?

sandersondavis
12-07-2007, 03:07 PM
Andrew,

Great video. I gave it 5 stars and added it to my list of favorites.

RonPaulJunkie
12-07-2007, 03:08 PM
Edit: sorry i can't read.

RonPaulJunkie
12-07-2007, 03:12 PM
"I think you could make it a slam dunk by working on the end some more. "

I like the feedback, and I will edit it in advance of the 16th..
if you guys think its worth trying to get it out there ...

It's definitely worth it. I hate to give too much guidance, I would much rather see what more you can do with it. I do have one more comment though.

The quote at time marker 2:46.. I don't have enough time to read this quote... It could be do to the complexity of the quote or my inability to read fast enough. Love the quote though, it fits well.

jonathanwebb
12-07-2007, 03:12 PM
Wasn't the argument that he was using it as a handbook for policy?

That was the argument of the video, yes, but that's not what he said in this speech.

He was referring to the Christian child care organization's handbook.

I think the video is good, but it's a poor choice of video clips to demonstrate Bush's violation of 1st amendment - it had nothing to do with federal policy - and it's only going to alienate Christians, IMHO.

qwerty
12-07-2007, 03:22 PM
bump!

markderidder
12-07-2007, 03:48 PM
Great video, and I too friggin love that tune. It's being played in a football commercial currently, and when I heard it hear I had to find out what it was from.

And now that I know, I just downloaded the soundtrack... great music!!

Very emotional.
-Mark

arpowers
12-07-2007, 03:51 PM
In that particular case, Bush was discussing his 'funding of faith based initiatives'... the narrator is actually a pastor.

I think RP would agree, that religion has a place in the individual morality of those in government.. it doesn't in the case of federal policy or funds...

It is not meant to insult any religion, but policy.

If there is a more effective way of demonstrating this let me know..

ProfNo
12-07-2007, 03:52 PM
This video is great...makes it clear what it is all about.

qwerty
12-07-2007, 03:58 PM
bump!

Cleaner44
12-07-2007, 04:03 PM
Hey guys,

Best,
Andrew

Great job Andrew!

Could you help me make a video? I have an idea that I don't know how to execute.

qwerty
12-07-2007, 04:06 PM
Bump!

wfd40
12-07-2007, 04:08 PM
Honestly man, you couldn't have picked better clips and quotes to go along with that music..

Seriously.. this is darn gone perfect!

I was waiting for someone to incorporate the Last of the Mohicans music.. but always had feared that whoever did would miss the 'crux' of its intensity. This, my friend, is the perfect content to this score..

Well done sir, well done! :)

edit: Man, the fact that the music peaks just as RP slams down the 'marching orders from AQ' bit is just so perfectly EPIC. This needs to go VIRAL

qwerty
12-07-2007, 04:09 PM
Honestly man, you couldn't have picked better clips and quotes to go along with that music..

Seriously.. this is darn gone perfect!

I was waiting for someone to incorporate the Last of the Mohicans music.. but always had feared that whoever did would miss the 'crux' of its intensity. This, my friend, is the perfect content to this score..

Well done sir, well done! :)

Totally agree!

qwerty
12-07-2007, 04:19 PM
bump!

Cap
12-07-2007, 04:21 PM
Andrew, simply astounding!!!! Love it!!

qwerty
12-07-2007, 04:24 PM
Andrew, simply astounding!!!! Love it!!

:):):):):):)

jonathanwebb
12-07-2007, 04:55 PM
In that particular case, Bush was discussing his 'funding of faith based initiatives'... the narrator is actually a pastor.
I think RP would agree, that religion has a place in the individual morality of those in government.. it doesn't in the case of federal policy or funds...
It is not meant to insult any religion, but policy.

It indeed is INSULTING to Christians. Your "pastor" narrator claims that Bush is saying that the BIBLE should be the handbook for government. That sir, is a FALSEHOOD. He said that the BIBLE is the handbook for this CHRISTIAN child-care organization. IT IS YOUR VIDEO that claims he was referring to it being the government's handbook - he NEVER said any such thing.

I'm all for getting good, solid FACTUAL videos that support the fact that Bush is violating personal rights and the 1st Amendment, but BEING DECEPTIVE like this will ONLY HURT our cause. If you can't find a video clip that supports your point without using DECEPTION, then it's better not to have that clip at all in your video.

PLEASE - we have enough trouble with the neo-cons, the press & one-worlders being DECEPTIVE in their own presentations - we don't need to use their evil methods to promote Ron Paul.

By the way, much of our nation's laws are based on Judeo-Christian premises that were codified in the BIBLE. So you are absolutely wrong that biblical premises have no part in public policy or law. Of course, I don't expect you to know that, since Constitutional government and true American History is no longer being taught in the public schools.

QWERTY - quit bumping this thread with your pronouncements about getting this video out - if people want to respond, they will reply - you don't need to keep forcing the issue by bumping again and again and again. I suspect you will use my post as an opportunity to bump this thread YET AGAIN.

This video will only hurt our cause unless that anti-Christian section is taken out. I can't believe you can't see this.

WE ARE THE RON PAUL GRASSROOTS - WE DO NOT USE DECEPTION! Let's take the high road here.

qwerty
12-07-2007, 04:58 PM
Bump!

BlueGecko
12-07-2007, 05:00 PM
YOU ROCK!!!

If you have no money for the 16th find enough people to donate so that you do example get 2 people to do 150 each and then bam 300 for 3 peeps

RonPaulVolunteer
12-07-2007, 05:11 PM
music is a bit loud.

Electric Church
12-07-2007, 06:55 PM
good stuff Andrew

arpowers
12-07-2007, 07:08 PM
Thanks for the replies everybody...

I will be re-posting this video with some small changes:
reduce volume on music,
lengthening the time of the Lincoln quote...

All my best to community...

qwerty
12-08-2007, 01:56 AM
Bump!

derdy
12-08-2007, 02:06 AM
Thanks for the replies everybody...

I will be re-posting this video with some small changes:
reduce volume on music,
lengthening the time of the Lincoln quote...

All my best to community...

Great video, the only critique I was going to make is the volume of the music should be reduced when the video cuts to parts where people are speaking and then increased when on text and black background.

Great effort

shida
12-08-2007, 02:30 AM
Great video Andrew.

I'll start e mailing it as soon as I can use my account again ..... got frozen last night after sending out 300 e mails to students in Iowa !!!

dmspilot00
12-08-2007, 02:33 AM
Hey!

I have been hoping someone would make a good video that opened with that James Madison quote. This video is great, and it's the only other video I have liked as much as aravoth's. However, since I am a perfectionist, I have a few friendly suggestions:

1. As others have said, you should think about removing the Bush bible part or replacing it with something else. It's taken out of context, and we do need help converting religious people. This won't help.
2. This is just an idea, but could you put a clip of George Bush saying "I'm the decider" and then put this James Madison quote: “The executive has no right, in any case, to decide whether there is or is not cause for declaring war.”
3. Maybe you could work in this James Madison quote also: "War should only be declared by the authority of the people...instead of the government which is to reap its fruits.” Maybe it after Ron Paul saying "We should not go to war without a declaration." ... or with #2 above.

arpowers
12-08-2007, 03:35 PM
Hey,
I re-posted this video with edits and started a new thread...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=49951

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb4HW3I82lg#GU5U2spHI_4

LynnB
12-08-2007, 03:43 PM
Gives me goosebumps!