PDA

View Full Version : Ways to Save Money for Ron Paul

Dustancostine
06-29-2007, 07:33 PM
I would like to start a thread to talk about ways that we all can save money so that we can donate to the campaign. Most of us are on budgets. This is what I am doing to save and I want to hear other ideas about what other people are doing.

1) I usually drive a Dodge Ram V8 1500. I love my truck, but it is a gas guzzler, and only gets 16 mpg. I have at my disposal a '91 Ford Probe Standard 4cyl which gets about 30mpg. I have decided to exclusively drive it (even though it is a piece) and use the money that I save on gas to donate.

2) We also have a lady that comes and cleans our house once a week and it cost us about $70. I am going to when I can clean the house myself and save the money to donate. She cleans some incredible house though so I won't be able to do this every week.

3) Try to eat out less.

Anything else anyone can think of to tighten the belt for Ron?

Thanks,
Dustan

nayjevin
06-30-2007, 12:14 AM
have your kid dig the couch cushions

add that to your piggy bank, send it in

tell your kid you'll make the kool-aid if they run the stand, and split the $$

buy cheap cigarettes

ride a bike

drink water

Dustancostine
06-30-2007, 06:31 AM
Drink water,

I never thought of that one, I could expand it a little also to drink tap water instead of bottled water.

Thanks,
Dustan

nayjevin
06-30-2007, 07:20 AM
cancel cable

buy the cheap coffee

quit starbucks

equate 'impulse buys' with spending money that could save our country

instead of beer on weekends, carry around a water bottle to parties with RP for president written on it (and bum beers if it's that big a deal)

BTW does anybody have a RP for president beer coozy for college parties?