PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Brown: If Trump Wins, We’ll Build a Wall Around California

Anti Federalist
03-15-2016, 09:05 PM
Jerry Brown: If Trump Wins, We’ll Build a Wall Around California

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/03/15/jerry-brown-if-trump-wins-we-build-a-wall-around-california/

by Joel B. Pollak 15 Mar 2016

California Gov. Jerry Brown joked on Monday that if Republican frontrunner Donald J. Trump wins the 2016 election, the state would have to erect a wall — not on its border with Mexico, but its borders with other states.

“If Trump were ever elected, we’d have to build a wall around California to defend ourselves from the rest of this country,” he said at a dinner held in Sacramento by the California Labor Federation and State Building and Construction Trades Council of California, according to the Sacramento Bee. “By the way that is a joke,” he added. “We don’t like walls, we like bridges.”

Brown was touting the state’s economic progress, and the influx of young, talented tech workers — though the state has experienced net out-migration for decades, especially of middle-class families.

The governor blasted “old white guys” for not recognizing that their pensions depended on the influx of “young people coming into this country and into this state.”

He also mocked former Texas Gov. Rick Perry, who became famous during his 14-year tenure as Texas governor for recruiting new businesses to move from California to low-tax, low-regulation, high-growth Texas.

“If I asked you who was that governor, there aren’t 50 people in this room that could even tell me his damn name,” Brown said, according to the Bee. “And people who attack California, they do become anonymous and forgotten. Rightfully so.”

Origanalist
03-15-2016, 09:12 PM
Hmm, I may have to rethink this whole thing.

angelatc
03-15-2016, 09:16 PM
Old white guy blasting old white guys. Heh

Brian4Liberty
03-15-2016, 09:20 PM
The governor blasted “old white guys” for not recognizing that their pensions depended on the influx of “young people coming into this country and into this state.”

The pyramid scheme must be fed.

Brian4Liberty
03-15-2016, 09:21 PM

The left is certainly trying as hard as they can to give Trump more votes.

Brian4Liberty
03-15-2016, 09:22 PM
though the state has experienced net out-migration for decades, especially of middle-class families.

To move to other States and spread commieforniaism

timosman
03-15-2016, 09:24 PM
The pyramid scheme must be fed.

Did anyone ask why there exist such a dependency? :confused:

Origanalist
03-15-2016, 09:32 PM
To move to other States and spread commieforniaism

Must spread some rep. The commiefornia invasion was much more devastating than the illegal invasion on the politics of this State.

Anti Federalist
03-15-2016, 09:32 PM

My first thought.

Old white guy blasting old white guys. Heh

My second thought.

Origanalist
03-15-2016, 09:35 PM
Did anyone ask why there exist such a dependency? :confused:

Now they do. It was all unicorn farts and lollipops when it started. FDR's cult of personality, making America great again or something like that.

Brian4Liberty
03-15-2016, 09:42 PM
Must spread some rep. The commiefornia invasion was much more devastating than the illegal invasion on the politics of this State.

Downstream effect. Immigration into California directly caused emigration from California to other States.

FindLiberty
03-15-2016, 09:43 PM
Anyone in CA who promised to move to Canada...
had better get out FAST* and head for that North
country before the wall(s) go up.

*DJT said, he would build his wall, the best wall, real fast!

Origanalist
03-15-2016, 09:48 PM
Downstream effect. Immigration into California directly caused emigration from California to other States.

That was part of it. In the case of my State a lot of it was much cheaper housing along with Microsoft tech jobs and other well paying employment. Someone could sell a basic three bedroom rambler there and buy a higher end home here with the proceeds and then get on with the business of telling us locals how we should live.

Ronin Truth
03-16-2016, 09:54 AM
Your captive extortion tax PRC victims will really love paying for that boondoggle, Jerry. :p

Origanalist
03-16-2016, 09:58 AM
Now if AZ, NM and TX did the same thing........