PDA

View Full Version : Trump rally violence is a battle between left and right authoritarians

Brian4Liberty
03-15-2016, 02:45 PM
Trump rally violence is a battle between left and right authoritarians (http://rare.us/story/trump-rally-violence-is-a-battle-between-left-and-right-authoritarians/)
Corie W. Stephens - March 15, 2016

Donald Trump rallies continue to reach new levels of violence. Some of it comes from protesters.

Some seems incited by the candidate himself.
Many political observers have responded tribally. One side blames “professional leftist agitators” for the chaos, the other, “fascist right-wingers.”
Many of Trump’s detractors aren’t looking to engage in good faith, peaceful opposition to his horrible rhetoric. They’re out to quell free speech. If they had any power, they’d no doubt erect their own oppressive left-wing regime, the mirror image of Trump’s authoritarianism.

As Nick Gillespie explained at Reason, “The anti-free-speech mentality that’s extremely pervasive throughout the American left … is summed by the slogan of a prominent Bernie Sanders supporter who helped organize the anti-Trump show in Chicago: “Everyone, get your tickets to this. We’re all going in!!!! ‪#‎SHUTITDOWN.”

This sounds a lot like the nonsense we’ve seen from the allegedly “tolerant” but highly authoritarian left in recent years; social freedom for me, but not for thee.

Dissenting viewpoints are not allowed, period.

The authoritarian Right, manifested in these Trump rallies, behaves in the same fashion, seeking to shutdown (or beat down) dissent.

It’s not shocking that when the two have met it devolves into violence.

Peace will never flourish when people seek the power of government to deny one another freedom.

This includes both social and economic freedom.

Neither Trump’s supporters nor Sanders’ seem particularly interested in either type of freedom – unless the government grants it to their preferred groups exclusively.
At this point, government has gotten so large that people aren’t able to dissent from the majority viewpoint without both political and social consequences.

That’s why the zero sum, authoritarian politics of both Sanders and Trump will always lead to a dangerous amount of government.

Someone will always be the victim due to the kind of tyranny of the majority our Founding Fathers warned us about.

To quell this kind of violence both now and in the future, allow people the freedom to pursue their own interests without constantly pitting them against one another.

Embrace liberty and reject authoritarianism in any form.
More: http://rare.us/story/trump-rally-violence-is-a-battle-between-left-and-right-authoritarians/

hankrichter12
03-15-2016, 02:50 PM
The whole country is in a battle between left and right authoritarians. Has been for some time now. I'd say the left has had the upper hand for maybe the past 3 decades, and maybe the right is finally growing some balls.

I don't want either, all I want is my little community in the UP of MI. I think there is more chance of the right letting me do that than the left, so if push comes to shove I'm siding with the right.

Jan2017
03-15-2016, 02:52 PM
The media attention that Trump rally violence gets - newspaper and in the SNL segment below - does not help Trump, imo

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/sunblush/bloodondonshands01a_zpsln7igklg.jpg (http://s372.photobucket.com/user/sunblush/media/bloodondonshands01a_zpsln7igklg.jpg.html)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E--oLFYs9aI

Smitty
03-15-2016, 02:54 PM
I see it as a battle between leftist authoritarians and some people who just want to be left alone to listen to a Presidential candidate.

When the people on the right crash a Bernie Sanders rally and start bustin' heads *then* it will be a battle between leftist and rightist authoritarians,...but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Dr.3D
03-15-2016, 03:05 PM
I believe George Soros has his fingerprints all over the violence.

Danke
03-15-2016, 03:07 PM
I see it as a battle between leftist authoritarians and some people who just want to be left alone to listen to a Presidential candidate.

When the people on the right crash a Bernie Sanders rally and start bustin' heads *then* it will be a battle between leftist and rightist authoritarians,...but I'm not going to hold my breath.

This.

Cabal
03-15-2016, 03:23 PM
battle between left and right authoritarians

So, Democrats and Republicans.

hankrichter12
03-15-2016, 04:01 PM

Spot on, you'd think that'd be the unanimous position here, whether you love, hate or are indifferent to Donald.

I stick up for people I hate all the time, hated OWS, still got pissed when cops started macing them, as a person don't think Eric Garner was someone to admire, but the police had no right to get that rough with him.

I think we see many people's true colors here, they only believe in rights for people they like.

navy-vet
03-15-2016, 04:53 PM
I believe George Soros has his fingerprints all over the violence.
Absolutely...

navy-vet
03-15-2016, 04:55 PM
It's the death throes of the republic....

Suzanimal
03-16-2016, 06:54 PM

Anarchists. :D:p

Sheriff Clarke: Protesters at Trump Rally Are 'Anarchists' Who 'Advocate Violence'

Sheriff David Clarke weighed in on the violence that unfolded at Friday's cancelled Donald Trump rally, calling the recorded clashes planned “rebellions” that were “brought on by riot-starters.”

The GOP candidate called off his event last night, saying he didn't want to see "people get hurt" after protesters packed into the Chicago arena where it was to take place.

“You have to identify these creeps for who they are. They’re anarchists,” said Clarke. “They advocate violence, and they advocate chaos to bring down our legally constituted government.”

The Milwaukee County Sheriff called last night’s episodes “a threat to ordered liberty in the United States of America.”

http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/03/12/milwaukee-county-sheriff-david-clarke-calls-trump-chicago-rally-protesters-riot-starters