PDA

View Full Version : On eve of crucial primaries, alarm and regret sets in among pockets of neocons

enhanced_deficit
03-14-2016, 10:31 PM
Signs of panic all around among bought interventions/wars lobbies tools/swcbags, last gasps of a crashing puppet of neocons:

On eve of Florida primary, Rubio airs regrets -- and alarm

By Sara Murray and Ashley Killough, CNN

Story highlights

Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio expressed remorse over his bawdy taunting of Donald Trump
But he warned a Trump victory could gravely damage the Republican party

West Palm Beach, Florida (CNN)On the eve of the Florida primary, a reflective Marco Rubio looked out at a roaring crowd of diverse supporters and, once again, expressed regret.

"The fact that I'm here now in front of those cameras comes with responsibility, and I'll confess, I've learned that myself," the Florida senator said. "A few weeks ago, in response to some attacks about the size of my ears and something else, I responded in kind with an attack about -- I'm not going to repeat it -- stuff."
He ran through the list of people he embarrassed with his bawdy rumble with Donald Trump -- his children, his wife, his young supporters.
"I felt terrible about it," Rubio said. "I realized that win or lose, there are people out there that see what I'm doing and follow it as a role model."
After days of unflinching optimism on the campaign trail, the gravity of Tuesday's Florida primary appeared to bear down at one of Rubio's last stops of the day. And potentially, one of the last stops of his presidential campaign.
If Rubio can't defy the latest polls and rise to victory here, it could help pave the way for Trump to clinch the nomination and anoint a brand of politics than many Republicans privately say they have come to loathe and even fear.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/14/politics/marco-rubio-florida-campaign/index.html

invisible
03-14-2016, 10:59 PM
The rube winning FL and kasich winning OH makes for the best shot at a brokered convention. I really hate to cheer for either of these guys (or even anyone else in the current field), but it would be nice to see them pull it off and keep the door open for a brokered convention.

enhanced_deficit
03-14-2016, 11:00 PM
News of panic from Iraqi freedom pardners abroad are trickling in also:

Donald Trump’s rise sparks alarm in Japan

Robin Harding
1 Hour Ago Financial Times
As polls open for US primaries in Ohio and Florida, the political elite in Tokyo is starting to confront a disconcerting idea: that their indispensable US ally could actually elect Donald Trump as president.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/03/14/donald-trumps-rise-sparks-alarm-in-japan.html

Allegedly, SWC Bush bribed then Japanese PM (a big Elvis fan) with Elvis shrine visit to get his support for Iraqi Freedom.

http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2006/07/01/knGRACELAND_wideweb__470x328,2.jpg

puppetmaster
03-14-2016, 11:50 PM
The rube winning FL and kasich winning OH makes for the best shot at a brokered convention. I really hate to cheer for either of these guys (or even anyone else in the current field), but it would be nice to see them pull it off and keep the door open for a brokered convention.

why?.......who would get the nomination then? Would that be better?

invisible
03-15-2016, 12:01 AM
why?.......who would get the nomination then? Would that be better?

Because everything would be up for grabs again, and anything could happen (including unbinding of delegates, changing or suspending rules, etc). It would be an excellent time for Rand to consider unsuspending his campaign, especially if he gets a speaking slot at the convention. Sure, it's a long shot, but it's certainly better than any of the alternatives.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?492009-RNC-Rule-Change-Would-Give-Rand-Convention-Speech-and-Nomination-Chance

hells_unicorn
03-15-2016, 12:20 AM
Because everything would be up for grabs again, and anything could happen (including unbinding of delegates, changing or suspending rules, etc). It would be an excellent time for Rand to consider unsuspending his campaign, especially if he gets a speaking slot at the convention. Sure, it's a long shot, but it's certainly better than any of the alternatives.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?492009-RNC-Rule-Change-Would-Give-Rand-Convention-Speech-and-Nomination-Chance

Not gonna happen, unless you have it on good authority that all of those delegates that are being elected would vote for Rand, and even then the RNC would just change the rules and tell Rand to stay in Kentucky where they think he belongs. As much as the RNC may dislike Trump, they dislike Rand a whole lot more, hence why nobody backed him up when he started exposing Trump's hypocrisy.

The RNC made their bed with Trump for 2016, and if they don't like it, tough. I'm not going to back interventionist twits like Rubio and Kasich on some pipe dream.

invisible
03-15-2016, 12:31 AM
Not gonna happen, unless you have it on good authority that all of those delegates that are being elected would vote for Rand, and even then the RNC would just change the rules and tell Rand to stay in Kentucky where they think he belongs. As much as the RNC may dislike Trump, they dislike Rand a whole lot more, hence why nobody backed him up when he started exposing Trump's hypocrisy.

The RNC made their bed with Trump for 2016, and if they don't like it, tough. I'm not going to back interventionist twits like Rubio and Kasich on some pipe dream.

Oh, I don't think it'll happen either, and I'm certainly not gonna hold my breath waiting for it. As I said, it's a long shot. A very long shot, at that. But I'd rather hope for a long shot, than to back any of the other horrible candidates - a horrible candidate is a horrible candidate, no matter which specific flavor of evil. The odds of a long shot are certainly better than no chance at all. A speech right before the vote has the potential to be very persuasive, especially if it's inspiring and tosses out a lot of red meat. Wasn't there a fair amount of polling at one time that showed Rand having a good amount of soft support, and a good amount of "second choice" support?

Mach
03-15-2016, 01:48 AM
Oh, I don't think it'll happen either, and I'm certainly not gonna hold my breath waiting for it. As I said, it's a long shot. A very long shot, at that. But I'd rather hope for a long shot, than to back any of the other horrible candidates - a horrible candidate is a horrible candidate, no matter which specific flavor of evil. The odds of a long shot are certainly better than no chance at all. A speech right before the vote has the potential to be very persuasive, especially if it's inspiring and tosses out a lot of red meat. Wasn't there a fair amount of polling at one time that showed Rand having a good amount of soft support, and a good amount of "second choice" support?

Denial - Anger - Bargaining - Depression - Acceptance

I think you're still at stage 1 - Denial

Anti-Neocon
03-15-2016, 02:04 AM
Trump is an anti-liberty on domestic issues in the strongest way out of the 4 candidates remaining, and now seems to be jumping straight into the neocon camp with foreign policy. I don't know why anyone here would want to see him become President.

What I do want to see is him have the most delegates and support of the people and then get it snatched away by dirty Ben's lawyering of the rules. The fools need to be jump off the ship of fools, and that would be the perfect rift.

Feelgood
03-15-2016, 08:25 AM
Rubio has 0% chance of winning. Best he will do is third place.

https://myiq2xu.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/hopium01.jpg

Can someone hide this thing already?

nemt4paul
03-15-2016, 09:02 AM

You're just as bad as the "Trumpeteers". So you are "hoping" for a brokered convention, which the handlers would insert a tyrant of their choosing? Hilariously funny.

nemt4paul
03-15-2016, 09:04 AM

You mean NO shot? lol Good god

puppetmaster
03-15-2016, 09:34 AM
Oh, I don't think it'll happen either, and I'm certainly not gonna hold my breath waiting for it. As I said, it's a long shot. A very long shot, at that. But I'd rather hope for a long shot, than to back any of the other horrible candidates - a horrible candidate is a horrible candidate, no matter which specific flavor of evil. The odds of a long shot are certainly better than no chance at all. A speech right before the vote has the potential to be very persuasive, especially if it's inspiring and tosses out a lot of red meat. Wasn't there a fair amount of polling at one time that showed Rand having a good amount of soft support, and a good amount of "second choice" support? it would guarantee a establishment gop candidate and most likely guarantee Clinton win the potus

hells_unicorn
03-15-2016, 10:06 AM

Rand was the preferred candidate by most Republicans for a while, then the CIA came up with a concept known as ISIS, and the rest is history. Voters in general want to be ignorant and deceived, otherwise they wouldn't buy this crap every time the media comes selling. A speech by Rand might be persuasive while it's going on, but then somebody will come up to the microphone and just say "If we have freedom, the terrorists win" and it'll be just like the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm3d43HLyTI

klamath
03-15-2016, 10:51 AM
One thing is certain the establishment and the NWO would rather have Trump than Cruz. Even though they didn't like it they kept Kasich and Rubio in until Trump had it locked up with minority wins.

Anti-Neocon
03-15-2016, 11:04 AM
You're just as bad as the "Trumpeteers". So you are "hoping" for a brokered convention, which the handlers would insert a tyrant of their choosing? Hilariously funny.
That will wake people up even more if they ever do it.

Trump is a piece of scum, but his support does show that people aren't willing to accept what the establishment hand picks for them.

If they "insert a tyrant of their choosing" over a "tyrant of the people's choice" (Trump), then not only will that tyrant lose, but it's not like Trump would win a general election anyway. So it's probably best to hope that the GOP self-destructs and that we can do something with the rubble, as a Democratic president is pretty much inevitable at this point.

Jan2017
03-15-2016, 11:16 AM
Signs of panic all around among bought interventions/wars lobbies tools/swcbags, last gasps of a crashing puppet of neocons:

After days of unflinching optimism on the campaign trail, the gravity of Tuesday's Florida primary appeared to bear down at one of Rubio's last stops of the day.
And potentially, one of the last stops of his presidential campaign.

If Rubio can't defy the latest polls and rise to victory here, it could help pave the way for Trump to clinch the nomination and anoint a brand of politics than many Republicans privately say they have come to loathe and even fear.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/14/politics/marco-rubio-florida-campaign/index.html

A Rubot miracle with 22% of Puerto Rican ancestry Floridians registered for GOP primary . . . polling in Hispanic at all ?

Trump loses every brokered convention scenario . . .
Rand would have better odds coming into a second nominating ballot, although Carson would be in play as well.

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/sunblush/young-trump-rolls-royce001a_zpsqvyonk0z.jpg (http://s372.photobucket.com/user/sunblush/media/young-trump-rolls-royce001a_zpsqvyonk0z.jpg.html)

hankrichter12
03-15-2016, 11:29 AM

Oh for Pete's sake's, are you really this delusional? What makes you think Rand would have any more of a snowflakes chance than he had before? I bet you are one of those who back in 2012 thought Ron was going to shock the world with his stealth delegate thing, even after he himself said it was not going to happen.

I doubt Rand would even want to get back into it at this point, he was doing far more good in the Senate, he should focus on keeping his seat.

Jan2017
03-15-2016, 11:40 AM
Oh for Pete's sake's, are you really this delusional? What makes you think Rand would have any more of a snowflakes chance than he had before? ...

Rand would still have more chance than Cruz as a brokered convention goes on - as a compromise candidate winning support from different factions and actually a constitutionalist.

hankrichter12
03-15-2016, 11:50 AM
Rand would still have more chance than Cruz as a brokered convention goes on - as a compromise candidate winning support from different factions and actually a constitutionalist.

Don't see it, pretty much everyone I had even remotely interested in the Paul's has lost interest, I'd imagine the situation is similar with most, it's just not the time for it, he would have been better off waiting till 2020.

Jan2017
03-15-2016, 12:00 PM
Don't see it, pretty much everyone I had even remotely interested in the Paul's has lost interest, I'd imagine the situation is similar with most, it's just not the time for it, he would have been better off waiting till 2020.

Well yes Rand will be better in the Senate . . . maybe as a co-sponsor for a Cruz "faux constitutionalist" impeachment -
as a pay back to the recent Canadian expatriate.

invisible
03-15-2016, 12:41 PM
I thank all of the trumpettes here, for continuing to prove my point. I wish you all luck in getting your candidate elected. :)

Mach
03-15-2016, 01:10 PM
I thank all of the trumpettes here, for continuing to prove my point. I wish you all luck in getting your candidate elected. :)

Your point, yeah..... just let your hair grow a little more and no one will see it........ :rolleyes:

Tywysog Cymru
03-15-2016, 02:14 PM
Donald Trump’s rise sparks alarm in Japan

Basically every foreigner I know can not understand why Americans would elect someone like Trump. I tell them that I don't get it either and I live here.

enhanced_deficit
03-15-2016, 06:30 PM
Some alarming news, Mr. Rubio just lost his home state to Trump hurricane:

Florida March 15
Republican

70.8% Reporting
Delegates Allocated: 99/99
Delegates

Winner D. Trump (http://www.politico.com/2016-election/candidate-overview/donaldtrump)
45.5%

M. Rubio (http://www.politico.com/2016-election/candidate-overview/marcorubio)
27.2%

T. Cruz (http://www.politico.com/2016-election/candidate-overview/tedcruz)
16.9%

J. Kasich (http://www.politico.com/2016-election/candidate-overview/johnkasich)
6.7%

J. Bush (http://www.politico.com/2016-election/candidate-overview/jebbush)
2.0%

B. Carson (http://www.politico.com/2016-election/candidate-overview/bencarson)
0.9%

R. Paul (http://www.politico.com/2016-election/candidate-overview/randpaul)
0.2%

hankrichter12
03-15-2016, 07:33 PM

Thank you for the support, glad we could be of service.

Basically every foreigner I know can not understand why Americans would elect someone like Trump. I tell them that I don't get it either and I live here.

Now that truly is a tragedy that disturbs me greatly, because as an American my highest concern is making sure foreigners are happy with what I do.

Just as I'm sure in Japan they stress all day on how to please people who aren't Japanese, and Nigerians focus their efforts on non-Nigerians, and Saudis on non-Saudis, Iraelis focus on non-Israelis. Darn us horrible selfish Americans, we should check with rest of the world before we make decisions for our own people.

Mach
03-15-2016, 08:12 PM

You should have told them that they should be the first ones to understand, they are the ones that are having their countries takin' away from them and generations of families torn from their homes.

Tywysog Cymru
03-16-2016, 07:32 PM
Now that truly is a tragedy that disturbs me greatly, because as an American my highest concern is making sure foreigners are happy with what I do.

Just as I'm sure in Japan they stress all day on how to please people who aren't Japanese, and Nigerians focus their efforts on non-Nigerians, and Saudis on non-Saudis, Iraelis focus on non-Israelis. Darn us horrible selfish Americans, we should check with rest of the world before we make decisions for our own people.

We shouldn't base our decisions on the opinions of foreigners, I was just pointing something out. And they should be worried, American policy affects them greatly.

You should have told them that they should be the first ones to understand, they are the ones that are having their countries takin' away from them and generations of families torn from their homes.

Most of these people are Asian.

SpiritOf1776_J4
03-16-2016, 07:38 PM

It may be a reaction, but I'm not going to be for a brokered convention if the establishment want one.