PDA

View Full Version : 4 Americans get medical pot from the feds

TheNewYorker
03-09-2016, 10:24 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/4-americans-get-medical-pot-from-the-feds/

EUGENE, Oregon - Sometime after midnight on a moonlit rural Oregon highway, a state trooper checking a car he had just pulled over found less than an ounce of pot on one passenger: A chatty 72-year-old woman blind in one eye.

She insisted the weed was legal and was approved by the U.S. government.

The trooper and his supervisor were doubtful. But after a series of calls to the U.S. Attorney's Office, the Drug Enforcement Agency and her physician, the troopers handed her back the card — and her pot.

Mach
03-10-2016, 04:34 PM
Just shows how uninformed they are, they live in their own little funded worlds, a very pick and choose outlook on life.

Danke
03-10-2016, 04:35 PM
"chatty 72-year". She was high.

Tinnuhana
03-11-2016, 07:24 AM
My mother has glaucoma in one eye. I believe one of the patents the US gov't tendered for medical MJ was for the treatment of glaucoma (the other was for diabetes). I talked with her about speaking to her doctor about this option but I think she keeps forgetting to ask.

Mach
03-11-2016, 01:07 PM
My mother has glaucoma in one eye. I believe one of the patents the US gov't tendered for medical MJ was for the treatment of glaucoma (the other was for diabetes). I talked with her about speaking to her doctor about this option but I think she keeps forgetting to ask.

Not even an option anymore, at least from the Feds, Bush-1 ended it, bad publicity.

Tinnuhana
03-11-2016, 04:32 PM
There's always an option in New Hampshire.

Wineman77
03-13-2016, 02:35 PM
Wow.. Elvy! She's still kicking it. Back in my weed activist days she was a mainstay in the "hemp rally" circuit. Met her at several Southern California events before leading up to the passage of Prop 215. Awesome lady. Great speaker. Always with her coffee can of prerolled govmt' weed.