PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul: Donald Trump "a dangerous person."

phill4paul
03-09-2016, 02:04 PM
“I think he’s is a dangerous person. And a lot of people find him sort of funny, and love him, even libertarian types.”

“He’s so disruptive to the party system, and I enjoy that too,” Paul explained,

but, and a big but everyone should heed....

I think he’s a man that if conditions deteriorate — which they can, see I work on the assumption that the world is no more stable than Greece, and if those conditions come — people want to be told what to do.”

People listen to him, and believe he may be raising white horses someplace and he’s going to ride in. Because he is almost the opposite of a libertarian,

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/ron-paul-donald-trump-a-dangerous-person/

AuH20
03-09-2016, 02:08 PM
Sometimes stuff like this makes me wonder if Ron Paul is a gatekeeper. In that we will be forever trapped in a cocoon of inefficacy.

phill4paul
03-09-2016, 02:16 PM
Sometimes stuff like this makes me wonder if Ron Paul is a gatekeeper. In that we will be forever trapped in a cocoon of inefficacy.

You're free to leave the forums anytime you wish asshat. Doesn't Trump have is own forum? At one point people on Ron Paul forums actually paid heed to...Ron Paul.

Kotin
03-09-2016, 02:35 PM

oh fuck off.. sorry that your experiencing so much dissonance regarding your choice to support a monster.

AuH20
03-09-2016, 02:36 PM
oh fuck off.. sorry that your experiencing so much dissonance regarding your choice to support a monster.

A monster? How many people has he killed thus far in his life? How many?

CPUd
03-09-2016, 02:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDvg9kc9uxc

phill4paul
03-09-2016, 02:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDvg9kc9uxc

^^^A liberty movement kinda candidate right there. /s

As Ron Paul said..Trump is an authoritarian. His own words show it. And to be an authoritarian one must provide special treatment for those that would put the thumb on those that would oppose you.

phill4paul
03-09-2016, 02:46 PM

It's not about how many he has, it's about how many he is capable of. Ron Paul has said that Trump is an authoritarian. Authoritarians use the power of the state to enact their wishes. The Liberty movement doesn't support authoritarians with presidential aspirations. They actively oppose it.

bubbleboy
03-09-2016, 02:46 PM
I'm sure he refers to premeditated murder . You see THIS is what America is sick and tired of.

phill4paul
03-09-2016, 03:07 PM
I'm sure he refers to premeditated murder . You see THIS is what America is sick and tired of.

You are aware that some states don't have the death penalty, correct? So your belief is that the office of the president should dictate execution guidelines to the individual states?

You make the perfect follower for an authoritarian.

Kinda the opposite of this forums principles. So why don't you go somewhere else?

William Tell
03-09-2016, 03:20 PM

What other reason would a guy with a virtually 100% Constitutional record have for opposing a Rahm Emanuel supporter like Trump?:rolleyes:

wizardwatson
03-09-2016, 03:22 PM
“He’s so disruptive to the party system, and I enjoy that too,” Paul explained

I'm with Ron on this too. That's the only thing I've really said positive about the guy. He's definitely entertaining in the way he clearly doesn't fit in, and yet he's winning and it's getting everyone's panties in a bunch.

Yeah, so what? I was just thinking today that Trump is the angry white man's Obama in 2008. Because the same ridiculous hopes and over the top benefit of the doubt is being given to Trump by the "fed up" crowd as the angry liberal crowd gave to Obama. And how did that turn out?

Politically Trump is a nobody, just like Obama was. Trump is anti-pc in the same way Obama was "a black man". What's more though is Trump is quite transparent that he will say whatever to get elected and will go whichever way the wind blows him, but with Obama we had to wait and see.

Anyway, you're right to challenge the "monster" charge I guess, but I don't see any usefulness in trying to "compare" him to anyone political at this point because he hasn't done anything yet except run his mouth.

All Trumps "slightly" conservative opinions will be even less so when he's won the nomination when he needs more democrat votes. He already said it himself! He's a poll watcher, just like Obama. Obama was against gay marriage, right until the year when a majority of Americans supported it and then he switched. I see no difference in Trump in this regard.

timosman
03-09-2016, 03:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYUfPTeE0DM

Ronin Truth
03-09-2016, 05:40 PM
FWIW, I think so to, Ron.

All of the 1946 Boomer POTUSes so far, have been.

klamath
03-09-2016, 06:26 PM
Say it again Ron.

enhanced_deficit
03-09-2016, 06:37 PM

Many people feel that way I'm afarid. Even before winning, Trump has already disrespected both parties top national leaders including non-angry Obama and Bush.

Among other things, two party system and its financiers could be seeing some shock n awe situation ahead.

phill4paul
03-09-2016, 06:40 PM

I'm with Ron on this too. That's the only thing I've really said positive about the guy. He's definitely entertaining in the way he clearly doesn't fit in, and yet he's winning and it's getting everyone's panties in a bunch.

Many people feel that way I'm afarid.

Let's not forget the "but".....

Ron Paul.....

But, I think he’s a man that if conditions deteriorate — which they can, see I work on the assumption that the world is no more stable than Greece, and if those conditions come — people want to be told what to do.”

People listen to him, and believe he may be raising white horses someplace and he’s going to ride in. Because he is almost the opposite of a libertarian,

Krugminator2
03-09-2016, 06:48 PM

Why shouldn't I work for the N.S.A.? That's a tough one, but I'll take a shot.

Say I'm working at N.S.A. Somebody puts a code on my desk, something nobody else can break. Maybe I take a shot at it and maybe I break it. And I'm real happy with myself, 'cause I did my job well. But maybe that code was the location of some rebel army in North Africa or the Middle East. Once they have that location, they bomb the village where the rebels were hiding and fifteen hundred people I never met, never had no problem with, get killed.

Now the politicians are sayin', "Oh, send in the Marines to secure the area" 'cause they don't give a shit. It won't be their kid over there, gettin' shot. Just like it wasn't them when their number got called, 'cause they were pullin' a tour in the National Guard. It'll be some kid from Southie takin' shrapnel in the ass. And he comes back to find that the plant he used to work at got exported to the country he just got back from. And the guy who put the shrapnel in his ass got his old job, 'cause he'll work for fifteen cents a day and no bathroom breaks. Meanwhile, he realizes the only reason he was over there in the first place was so we could install a government that would sell us oil at a good price. And, of course, the oil companies used the skirmish over there to scare up domestic oil prices. A cute little ancillary benefit for them, but it ain't helping my buddy at two-fifty a gallon.

And they're takin' their sweet time bringin' the oil back, of course, and maybe even took the liberty of hiring an alcoholic skipper who likes to drink martinis and fuckin' play slalom with the icebergs, and it ain't too long 'til he hits one, spills the oil and kills all the sea life in the North Atlantic. So now my buddy's out of work and he can't afford to drive, so he's got to walk to the fuckin' job interviews, which sucks 'cause the shrapnel in his ass is givin' him chronic hemorrhoids.

And meanwhile he's starvin', 'cause every time he tries to get a bite to eat, the only blue plate special they're servin' is North Atlantic scrod with Quaker State. So what did I think? I'm holdin' out for somethin' better. I figure fuck it, while I'm at it why not just shoot my buddy, take his job, give it to his sworn enemy, hike up gas prices, bomb a village, club a baby seal, hit the hash pipe and join the National Guard? I could be elected president.

heavenlyboy34
03-09-2016, 06:49 PM
AFAIK, the only good to come of Trump winning is that the nooz shows would effectively become "The Trump Show". :D Even funnier than "The Bush Show".

phill4paul
03-10-2016, 06:47 AM
AFAIK, the only good to come of Trump winning is that the nooz shows would effectively become "The Trump Show". :D Even funnier than "The Bush Show".

That will be sore consolation as even more individual liberty is eroded if Trump becomes POTUS.

jonhowe
03-10-2016, 07:24 AM

It's not like he's saying trump is ALMOST a liberty candidate. He's saying he is THE OPPOSITE!

cajuncocoa
03-10-2016, 07:44 AM
Wow. Just.....wow. Sometimes there are no words.

cajuncocoa
03-10-2016, 07:51 AM
As someone who was raked over the coals for QUESTIONING some (questionable) things Rand was saying 2-3 years ago, I must once again speak out because that's how I am.

It's bad enough we have to sift through thread after thread, post after post from Trumpaloons stroking their newfound master. That's bad enough. But if criticism/questions about Rand couldn't be tolerated here 2-3 years ago (I don't even know how many times LE threatened to ask Bryan to ban me) why is it OK for the increasing criticism and/or crazy accusations of Ron Paul to take place here? (See the quote in my post above.) This is not the first time I've seen it from Trumpaloons. Why is it tolerated?

Sorry for the interruption. Trumpeters may now go back to bowing down before The Donald.

phill4paul
03-10-2016, 04:40 PM
As someone who was raked over the coals for QUESTIONING some (questionable) things Rand was saying 2-3 years ago, I must once again speak out because that's how I am.

It's bad enough we have to sift through thread after thread, post after post from Trumpaloons stroking their newfound master. That's bad enough. But if criticism/questions about Rand couldn't be tolerated here 2-3 years ago (I don't even know how many times LE threatened to ask Bryan to ban me) why is it OK for the increasing criticism and/or crazy accusations of Ron Paul to take place here? (See the quote in my post above.) This is not the first time I've seen it from Trumpaloons. Why is it tolerated?

Sorry for the interruption. Trumpeters may now go back to bowing down before The Donald.

Preferably in another place.

phill4paul
03-10-2016, 10:06 PM
//

phill4paul
03-15-2016, 07:10 AM
:toady: is the primary in N.C.

Todd
03-15-2016, 07:42 AM

You have completely lost it.

hankrichter12
03-15-2016, 08:28 AM

but, and a big but everyone should heed....

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/ron-paul-donald-trump-a-dangerous-person/

OK, and who disputes any of this? I'd ask Ron tho, can't the exact same things be said about every single one of those candidates - minus the "disrupts the system" part, which is something Ron said he likes and I think the reason pretty much any of us who voted (will vote) for Trump did so?

I don't see too many claiming he is their ideal candidate, what are the realistic, and notice I say realistic, options, I'm still waiting to hear everyone else plan to stop this downward spiral into more and more tyranny. 3rd party? Abstain? OK, that might give you some little righteous feel, but it accomplishes nothing towards changing the reality of the situation.

phill4paul
03-15-2016, 08:48 AM
OK, and who disputes any of this? I'd ask Ron tho, can't the exact same things be said about every single one of those candidates - minus the "disrupts the system" part, which is something Ron said he likes and I think the reason pretty much any of us who voted (will vote) for Trump did so?

I don't see too many claiming he is their ideal candidate, what are the realistic, and notice I say realistic, options, I'm still waiting to hear everyone else plan to stop this downward spiral into more and more tyranny. 3rd party? Abstain? OK, that might give you some little righteous feel, but it accomplishes nothing towards changing the reality of the situation.

You cannot change the "reality" of the situation by constantly participating in it by voting the "status-quo" candidates, even if you choose the "lesser of evils." Period.

hankrichter12
03-15-2016, 08:55 AM
You cannot change the "reality" of the situation by constantly participating in it by voting the "status-quo" candidates. Period.

Explain how voting 3rd party or abstaining accomplishes anything? How long you been doing that now? What's changed for the better? Someone's gonna get elected whether you vote or not, now if you truly believe there is nothing good to come out of any of them, fine, that's one thing, I don't attack people just because they don't want to vote or don't want to vote for Trump, I wrote in RP in 2012 because I felt there was nothing good to be gained by either candidate running.

I feel there is (potentially) some good to be gained by Trump, lot of bad as well, but as I say, we'll get that no matter who you vote for, or if you don't vote at all. So I'm choosing to try and and at least get something. You can't change everything all at once no, but you certainly can't change anything at all with your strategy.

phill4paul
03-15-2016, 09:01 AM
Explain how voting 3rd party or abstaining accomplishes anything? How long you been doing that now? What's changed for the better? Someone's gonna get elected whether you vote or not, now if you truly believe there is nothing good to come out of any of them, fine, that's one thing, I don't attack people just because they don't want to vote or don't want to vote for Trump, I wrote in RP in 2012 because I felt there was nothing good to be gained by either candidate running.

I feel there is (potentially) some good to be gained by Trump, lot of bad as well, but as I say, we'll get that no matter who you vote for, or if you don't vote at all. So I'm choosing to try and and at least get something. You can't change everything all at once no, but you certainly can't change anything at all with your strategy.

I've already explained this multiple times. As more people move towards becoming an independent voter, and as their disillusionment grows, it opens up more opportunity for third parties to gain ground. That cannot be done by giving either the Reps. or the Dems. the "mandate of the people" they cherish so greatly. The two-party system is what must end. If everyone just keeps voting the two-party pendulum then nothing changes. And with no good choice what better time to vote third party? Nothing attracts a crowd like a crowd, but to start a crowd it takes at least one to lead and a few to follow.
As it stands Rand is on my primary. He is who I will vote for even though he has no chance to win. When it comes to the general I will wait and see who is on third party tickets.

hankrichter12
03-15-2016, 09:20 AM
I've already explained this multiple times. As more people move towards becoming an independent voter, and as their disillusionment grows, it opens up more opportunity for third parties to gain ground. That cannot be done by giving either the Reps. or the Dems. the "mandate of the people" they cherish so greatly. The two-party system is what must end. If everyone just keeps voting the two-party pendulum then nothing changes. And with no good choice what better time to vote third party? Nothing attracts a crowd like a crowd, but to start a crowd it takes at least one to lead and a few to follow.
As it stands Rand is on my primary. He is who I will vote for even though he has no chance to win. When it comes to the general I will wait and see who is on third party tickets.

3rd parties are rising? You've got to be kidding. I'd say the "liberty movement" had it's peak in 2012, it's all but gone at this point, and mainly because much of Ron's support was not from die hard libertarians, many different people came to Ron for many different reasons. You are not paying attention to what is going on in Western Society at all. Many people are far beyond bickering over tax policies and stuff like that, there is a huge divide over basic core beliefs and it is not going to be resolved by soft spoken libertarians, in fact it can't be resolved, most people feel "agree with me, or I'll destroy you", there is no compromise.

Trump is destroying the GOP, so I'm not even sure how you plan to bring down the 2 parties, he is doing more in one election towards that goal than anyone has in decades.

Trust me, I wish there was a way to marry Ron's brains, policies, and integrity with an assertive commanding politically incorrect billionaire, I wish many things, but the situation is what it is, just like I grudgingly pay taxes, drive on public roads, comply with all the BS ordinances, regs, township codes on my home/farm, and all the other things I do in a day that I don't want to, I grudgingly voted for Trump, he's the best of a bad situation, and it's not saying much, but it's all there is.

phill4paul
03-15-2016, 09:29 AM
3rd parties are rising? You've got to be kidding. I'd say the "liberty movement" had it's peak in 2012, it's all but gone at this point, and mainly because much of Ron's support was not from die hard libertarians, many different people came to Ron for many different reasons. You are not paying attention to what is going on in Western Society at all. Many people are far beyond bickering over tax policies and stuff like that, there is a huge divide over basic core beliefs and it is not going to be resolved by soft spoken libertarians, in fact it can't be resolved, most people feel "agree with me, or I'll destroy you", there is no compromise.

Trump is destroying the GOP, so I'm not even sure how you plan to bring down the 2 parties, he is doing more in one election towards that goal than anyone has in decades.

Trust me, I wish there was a way to marry Ron's brains, policies, and integrity with an assertive commanding politically incorrect billionaire, I wish many things, but the situation is what it is, just like I grudgingly pay taxes, drive on public roads, comply with all the BS ordinances, regs, township codes on my home/farm, and all the other things I do in a day that I don't want to, I grudgingly voted for Trump, he's the best of a bad situation, and it's not saying much, but it's all there is.

I did not say third parties are rising. I said they need to. And to do so it has to start with those that would like to see the end of the two-party status quo. You seem to think that Trump is destroying the two party system, where as to me he is increasing the Republican votes. Hardly destroying one of the two parties. I do not think Trump will turn out quite the savior that will destroy the GOP that many believe him to be.

hankrichter12
03-15-2016, 09:45 AM
I did not say third parties are rising. I said they need to. And to do so it has to start with those that would like to see the end of the two-party status quo. You seem to think that Trump is destroying the two party system, where as to me he is increasing the Republican votes. Hardly destroying one of the two parties. I do not think Trump will turn out quite the savior that will destroy the GOP that many believe him to be.

You will never undo their stranglehold unless you have someone like Trump who is able to give them all the finger and knock the people out of this slumber, and that is what he is doing. Will he succeed in that? Is that even his intention? I can't say, all I can say is that in my town, on message boards all over the internet, I am seeing people having conversations and thinking in ways they weren't before. Heck, I hate Bernie, but I at least have to say he is showing on the Dem side as well people are getting tired of the same ole.

You want my honest opinion, I think America is screwed, human beings just can't seem to act any other way, go to either side of the aisle and you will see far too many people living on govt. "Conservatives" love to talk a good game yet how many of them get SS, Medicare, Farm Subsidies (and no, I don't if you're wondering), have a public sector job or work for a company that relies on govt contracts. They got everyone hooked, it's too far gone, I guess more than anything I find Trump to be far more entertaining than our usual dull boring elections, since we are screwed anyhow, I say what the heck, I'm having fun.

Food for thought:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYgjOD9377Y

phill4paul
03-16-2016, 08:52 PM
I voted for Rand in the primary.

Dianne
03-16-2016, 08:54 PM
You're free to leave the forums anytime you wish asshat. Doesn't Trump have is own forum? At one point people on Ron Paul forums actually paid heed to...Ron Paul.

I've seen you make comments like "leave the forums at anytime". Soon you will be here alone, before you know it. Why do you wish to alienate liberty minded people, because they don't agree with you on a certain topic? You're almost as tyrannical as Trump !!

phill4paul
03-16-2016, 09:17 PM
I've seen you make comments like "leave the forums at anytime". Soon you will be here alone, before you know it. Why do you wish to alienate liberty minded people, because they don't agree with you on a certain topic? You're almost as tyrannical as Trump !!

Trump supporters aren't "liberty minded." And there will be plenty left from the old days. ;) or not. Depending on what Bryan is going to do to resolve the issue.

Son_of_Liberty90
03-16-2016, 09:26 PM

Yep, all you need a loud minority to get the ball rolling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V74AxCqOTvg

phill4paul
03-18-2016, 11:12 PM
//

CPUd
03-31-2016, 10:33 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO9hEQyNMPc

acptulsa
03-31-2016, 11:28 AM
They got everyone hooked, it's too far gone, I guess more than anything I find Trump to be far more entertaining than our usual dull boring elections, since we are screwed anyhow, I say what the heck, I'm having fun.

How do you square that with your compulsion to come here and spam us? You could enjoy that show without ever bothering anyone else. You'd probably enjoy it more if you stayed away from people intelligent enough to tell you why he isn't destroying anything but the GOP's odds of winning the White House this election. So how does spamming us add to your sensory experience?

Is it the spam money? Is that why coming here makes it more fun? If not, what the fuck could it be?

cajuncocoa
03-31-2016, 11:56 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO9hEQyNMPc
"Trump Correctness" = boorishness

CPUd
06-01-2016, 03:54 PM
bump for relevance