PDA

View Full Version : Willie Nelson Likes Ron Paul

Razmear
06-29-2007, 06:22 PM
http://www.seattleweekly.com/2007-06-27/music/fore-th-of-july.php

Said Willie in this 4th of July fluff piece:

Oh, yes, and it's campaign season, and politics is something the blunted one embraced long before he jogged the White House lawns with Jimmy Carter. This early in the race, he's still hedging his bets.

"Jimmy Carter would be good, but I don't think he would do it. I've been supporting Dennis Kucinich since he came out against the war. But his chances...who knows? I like the representative, Ron Paul, from Texas. He makes a lot of sense. Bill Richardson is a good friend of mine, too. He wouldn't be a bad choice."

lucky
06-29-2007, 06:27 PM
Willie needs to stop hedging his bets and support RP.

yongrel
06-29-2007, 06:30 PM
i think willie will be slow to endorse Ron Paul, just because the last person he endorsed (Kinky Friedman) did poorly with a grassroots campaign.

rich34
06-29-2007, 06:31 PM
That's VERY good news to hear. Willie Nelson has a ton of pull with the American farmer. Obviously because of the farm aid concerts he started back in the 80's. It's still early, but if Nelson would endorse Ron Paul that would be huge for the midwestern states. Possibly even some of the South.

HEY WILLIE, Kucinich ain't the guy and Richardson is in with the rest of em!

RON PAUL is your man! Get onboard!!

angrydragon
06-29-2007, 06:36 PM
Damn, that's cool. Hope someone nudges him towards Ron Paul.

rich34
06-29-2007, 06:43 PM
I've been saying this for a while now about needing Willie to come out and support Ron Paul, but honestly if anybody on this board is in tight with the campaign they need to send this Willie info onto them.

They need to reach out to Willie and get an endorsement! This is no joke, Willie Nelson is hugely popular among the American farmers! Could you guys imagine Willie Nelson openly supporting Ron Paul at the farm aid concert this year? It could have a two fold affect. One is obviously the midwestern farmers will take notice and two the concert this year is in New York! Cha Ching!

james1906
06-29-2007, 06:43 PM
mojo nixon is a libertarian, and likely a supporter of ron. he's also close friends with kinky friedman, who i'm sure he could get on board. kinky could then get willie on board.

rich34
06-29-2007, 06:47 PM
i think willie will be slow to endorse Ron Paul, just because the last person he endorsed (Kinky Friedman) did poorly with a grassroots campaign.

Well we got two things going for us. Willie hates the IRS (obviously they put him in jail) and he's in favor of more favorable marijuana laws which under Paul he's in favor of letting the states decide.

If he new about this he'd have to support Ron Paul!

ChooseLiberty
06-29-2007, 06:50 PM
Willie should love anyone that wants to abolish the IRS and the DEA. LOL.

Silverback
06-29-2007, 07:00 PM
Don't forget industrial hemp either.

Abolishing the IRS and federal decriminalization are excellent goals but industrial hemp is something Paul could get done reasonably easily as POTUS.

That would be huge for the farmers.

LibertyEagle
06-29-2007, 07:01 PM
mojo nixon is a libertarian, and likely a supporter of ron. he's also close friends with kinky friedman, who i'm sure he could get on board. kinky could then get willie on board.

I have no idea who mojo nixon is. :o If you think he/she is the way to get to Kinky and thus Willie, then how can we get 'er done?

Razmear
06-29-2007, 07:23 PM
I have no idea who mojo nixon is. :o If you think he/she is the way to get to Kinky and thus Willie, then how can we get 'er done?

Here is a place where you can down load Mojo Nixon bootlegs for free with his blessing.

http://www.artrocity.com/rockshots/mojo_bootleg_shack.htm

I'd suggest this as a good first song if you've never heard him before:

http://www.bluesbrewsbbq.com/mojo/1996MPLS/12%20ucantkillme.mp3

eb

SeanEdwards
06-29-2007, 07:34 PM
That's VERY good news to hear. Willie Nelson has a ton of pull with the American farmer.

Willie Nelson is a national treasure. I suspect he has pull with more than just farmers.

james1906
06-29-2007, 09:00 PM

"if you don't know mojo nixon, then you could use some fixin"

although i'm guessing you don't know the dead milkmen either.

LibertyEagle
06-29-2007, 09:04 PM
"if you don't know mojo nixon, then you could use some fixin"

although i'm guessing you don't know the dead milkmen either.

Well, you'd be right then. :)

CurtisLow
06-29-2007, 09:09 PM
I never heard of mojo nixon..?

james1906
06-29-2007, 09:11 PM
mojo nixon is a singer of mostly humorous songs.

dead milkmen were a punk band influenced by mojo nixon.

Marceline88
06-29-2007, 09:56 PM
Well shazam! This is great, I was just saying to my husband tonight that Willie needs to endorse Dr. Paul and his Farm Aid show would be prefect for doing so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6tA3HxA9oQ

After watching this video I knew that Willie would have to see Ron Paul as the guy who can get this done. He's the guy who can give hemp back to the family farmer and let industrial hemp products compete in the market. Industrial hemp is key to many economic needs, most importantly as an alternative to petroleum and lumber...which are the two big industries that orchestrated it's demonization and prohibition in the early part of the 20th century.

scbissler
06-29-2007, 10:29 PM
Does anybody know if Mojo Nixon still hosts/deejays a show on Sirius satellite radio? I think it was on the alt-country station.

Duckman
06-29-2007, 11:07 PM
Abolishing the IRS and federal decriminalization are excellent goals but industrial hemp is something Paul could get done reasonably easily as POTUS.

I'm definitely all for that, but I think under the laws Nixon put in place, the POTUS has absolute power to declare scheduling, which means he could (theoretically) deschedule marijuana, leaving just the tax act(?) That would be kind of huge right away too.

ScotTX
06-30-2007, 01:41 AM
Willie for VP!

Paul/Nelson '08