PDA

View Full Version : [Video]"Libertarian activist catches pedophile."

luctor-et-emergo
03-07-2016, 11:57 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iii7WWAB2M4

I found this on Moxnews. Is this an example of effective Libertarian activism ?
The guy essentially proved there's a way to stop these kinds of things without people getting shot or people needing to be taxed. Well, apart from the jail etc. that comes afterwards but that's probably because he doesn't want to get arrested himself.

Anyways, what do you think ?

phill4paul
03-07-2016, 12:12 PM
I don't have a problem with it. If I had a 13 yr. old girl and I found this fucker setting up a meet he would have been calling for the police to save him from a beatdown that would have cost him his entire life savings and a lifetime of reconstructive surgery.

Que, dannno about how age of consent laws are anti-libertarian. :p

Isaac Bickerstaff
03-07-2016, 12:14 PM
"Libertarian activist catches pedophile."

I didn't know it was contagious!:D

dannno
03-07-2016, 01:31 PM
I don't have a problem with it. If I had a 13 yr. old girl and I found this fucker setting up a meet he would have been calling for the police to save him from a beatdown that would have cost him his entire life savings and a lifetime of reconstructive surgery.

Que, dannno about how age of consent laws are anti-libertarian. :p

If I didn't like you, I'd be throwing you a neg rep for that..

I've always said I'm actually ok with age of consent laws, I just think they should be lower than 18, but I'm also not sure that it is the ideal way to handle the situation.. a non-state solution could be better, but as long as we are in that paradigm I wouldn't be comfortable putting an age of consent law below 14, but honestly 15 sounds about right and 16 is much better as well. This is all fairly consistent with the laws of many states and countries.

Here's the thing about beating up guys over your daughter.. to me, beating up a grown man trying to hookup w your 13 year old daughter doesn't sound that unreasonable to be honest as that is an extreme scenario.. but that attitude in general I have some issues with, especially once your daughter gets a little older than that.. You can go out and beat down or kill all the guys you want for trying to hook up with your daughter, if it makes you feel better, but what I am more concerned with is what would be accomplished. Will it stop your daughter from hooking up with other guys, or would it drive her to do it more and be more sneaky about it so you had less visibility over her life as a whole? I would prefer a situation where my kids trusted me and could come to me for guidance as a parent - and I also think that it is kind of a warped view to think that women can't think for themselves and have no self control to the point where they can't make their own decisions in this area. Men have less of that ability, especially if they aren't getting laid, so I wouldn't hold it on them for a problem your daughter has. That is your job, to stop it from happening in the first place. If you go out and beat up the results of your failure, your not just failing but flailing at that point. I understand where the emotion comes from, but sometimes you have to step back and think about what is best for everybody.

There are a million guys who want to hook up with younger girls, and to some extent they should probably be scared in certain circumstances, like if they are 13 or something.. But much older than that I think is counter productive and kinda messed up.