PDA

View Full Version : Are You A 'Religious Extremist'?

DamianTV
03-03-2016, 02:42 AM
NOTE: Posted in Political News because its not about the religion itself, but the political ramifications of the perception of the religion of another person which becomes Political. The latter half of this article focuses heavily on non religious views that get people slapped with a more generalized term of just "extremist" and are almost purely political.

Are You A 'Religious Extremist'? - Zero Hedge
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-03-02/are-you-religious-extremist

Are you a religious extremist? For years, world leaders have been endlessly proclaiming that we need to eradicate “extremism”, but what actually is “extremism”? Many would point to the ISIS jihadists over in the Middle East that are beheading people that don’t agree with them as examples of religious extremists, and I think that very few people would argue with that. But our politicians (especially the liberal ones) rarely use the term “Islamic terrorists” anymore. Instead, they tend to use the term “religious extremists”, and that has a much, much broader connotation. In fact, if you are a Bible-believing Christian, you are probably included in that category.

Most Bible-believing Christians would never think of themselves as being similar to radical jihadists in the Middle East, but that is precisely how many of their fellow Americans very them. The Barna Group has just released a shocking new study which found that 45 percent of all “non-religious” Americans believe that “Christianity is extremist”…

The perception that the Christian faith is extreme is now firmly entrenched among the nation’s non-Christians. A full forty-five percent of atheists, agnostics, and religiously unaffiliated in America agree with the statement “Christianity is extremist.” Almost as troubling is the fact that only 14 percent of atheists and agnostics strongly disagree that Christianity is extremist. The remaining four in ten (41%) disagree only somewhat. So even non-Christians who are reluctant to fully label Christianity as extremist, still harbor some hesitations and negative perceptions toward the religion.

Image of List of reasons for labeling someone a Religious Extremist
(Image was a bit too big to fit on RPF so I just put in a link to the image itself)
http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/images/user3303/imageroot/2016/03/02/20160302_extremist.jpg

... (NOTE: More content I skipped copying and pasting)

Below is a list of 72 types of Americans that are considered to be “extremists” and “potential terrorists” in official U.S. government documents. To see the original source document for each point, just click on the link. As you can see, this list covers most of the country…

1. Those that talk about “individual liberties”

2. Those that advocate for states’ rights

3. Those that want “to make the world a better place”

4. “The colonists who sought to free themselves from British rule”

5. Those that are interested in “defeating the Communists”

6. Those that believe “that the interests of one’s own nation are separate from the interests of other nations or the common interest of all nations”

7. Anyone that holds a “political ideology that considers the state to be unnecessary, harmful,or undesirable”

8. Anyone that possesses an “intolerance toward other religions”

9. Those that “take action to fight against the exploitation of the environment and/or animals”

10. “Anti-Gay”

11. “Anti-Immigrant”

12. “Anti-Muslim”

13. “The Patriot Movement”

14. “Opposition to equal rights for gays and lesbians”

22. Anyone that is “opposed to the New World Order”

23. Anyone that is engaged in “conspiracy theorizing”

24. Anyone that is opposed to Agenda 21

25. Anyone that is concerned about FEMA camps

26. Anyone that “fears impending gun control or weapons confiscations”

27. The militia movement

28. The sovereign citizen movement

(NOTE: Full list of 72 things that will get you slapped with label on link at top.)

Full article at Link (http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-03-02/are-you-religious-extremist). Each listed item on Zero Hedge has a reference and source link.

---

I guess Im an extremist by their definition in multiple infractions. My favorite part of the list that starts "anyone who does this or does that". Let me just fix that really quick.

73: Anyone who <redacted for National Security: Error Code 451>

There, now Anyone is a terrorist or extremist.

(Personal Note: Im not attempting to bash anyone for any religious beliefs or lack thereof what so ever. I support everyones right to decide their own religion without interference.)

Ronin Truth
03-03-2016, 07:03 AM
This Earth is not my home. I'm just passing through.

Suzanimal
03-03-2016, 07:06 AM
This Earth is not my home. I'm just passing through.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdOOxuQii_s

Ronin Truth
03-03-2016, 07:28 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdOOxuQii_s

:cool:

Looks like I really need to correct my quote from 'Earth' to 'world'. <INTJ>

Thanks! :)