PDA

View Full Version : Ted Cruz needs a briefing to say the KKK is bad?

doublek321
03-02-2016, 07:27 PM
At the 2:42 mark he says "you know I've joked that there aren't many iron rules in politics. But one that you can count on 100% of the time. The clan? Always bad. Nazis? Always bad. You'll never go wrong with that rule. Either the clan or Nazis - bad, bad, bad. And it seems somehow Donald missed that briefing".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCVqJfEaku4&feature=youtu.be&t=2m42s

Cleaner44
03-02-2016, 07:47 PM
This KKK talk is funny because there isn't much of a KKK in modern day America as far as I have seen. I know that they exist, but when is the last time anyone was lynched by the KKK? Decades ago?

I looked up this David Duke guy and he quit the KKKK 36 years ago, back in 1980. Yet the media still refers to him as a grand wizard in the KKK.

xkrazy201x
03-02-2016, 07:55 PM
At the 2:42 mark he says "you know I've joked that there aren't many iron rules in politics. But one that you can count on 100% of the time. The clan? Always bad. Nazis? Always bad. You'll never go wrong with that rule. Either the clan or Nazis - bad, bad, bad. And it seems somehow Donald missed that briefing".

Long time lurker here at RPF. I don't usually post on forums, but I do look to expand my mind on all things politics from very smart posters here. I'm chiming in to just comment about the amount of baseless attacks against certain candidates by what appears to be shills running amok across a wide range of forums. Come on now, it's obvious to me that Cruz equates 'briefing' with common sense.

Does anyone else notice the large number of Youtube and forum comments that are pro-Trump? In particular the comments that are so ridiculous that it borders on being absurd. I've never seen anything like it, they're everywhere. It's as if someone that is rich enough to buy out a shill army to defend himself on social media. who knows

Influenza
03-02-2016, 08:02 PM

lol do you even english

doublek321
03-02-2016, 09:54 PM
Long time lurker here at RPF. I don't usually post on forums, but I do look to expand my mind on all things politics from very smart posters here. I'm chiming in to just comment about the amount of baseless attacks against certain candidates by what appears to be shills running amok across a wide range of forums. Come on now, it's obvious to me that Cruz equates 'briefing' with common sense.

Does anyone else notice the large number of Youtube and forum comments that are pro-Trump? In particular the comments that are so ridiculous that it borders on being absurd. I've never seen anything like it, they're everywhere. It's as if someone that is rich enough to buy out a shill army to defend himself on social media. who knows

I realize Cruz was being light-hearted with his comment but still the idea he mentions a "briefing" seems weird to me. There's no chance Ron Paul would've phrased it that way. Cruz is a polished lawyer/politician so he thinks of things in terms of briefings rather than philosophy. I do think there are things to be gleaned out of such subtleties.

xkrazy201x
03-02-2016, 10:05 PM
I realize Cruz was being light-hearted with his comment but still the idea he mentions a "briefing" seems weird to me. There's no chance Ron Paul would've phrased it that way. Cruz is a polished lawyer/politician so he thinks of things in terms of briefings rather than philosophy. I do think there are things to be gleaned out of such subtleties.

lol, sure man... It's an odd thing for Trump to forget who David Duke/KKK is a day after he vowed against him. Did you glean anything out of that?

Antischism
03-02-2016, 10:44 PM
You're approaching Stretch Armstrong levels of reaching here, man.

CPUd
03-02-2016, 11:11 PM

I've crossed paths with some **********s in the wild, some of them are definitely real. The fake ones are much better spellers.

misterx
03-02-2016, 11:19 PM
This KKK talk is funny because there isn't much of a KKK in modern day America as far as I have seen. I know that they exist, but when is the last time anyone was lynched by the KKK? Decades ago?

I looked up this David Duke guy and he quit the KKKK 36 years ago, back in 1980. Yet the media still refers to him as a grand wizard in the KKK.

Yet the moment Robert Byrd quit the KKK he was a reformed man, and could do no wrong.

The only reason the KKK is talked about is because liberals can use it as a club. How many Klan members could there be in America? I imagine there are a couple dozen chapters spread out across the country. Each chapter probably only consists of two or three guys hanging out in a basement drinking beer and watching football in white robes. I doubt any of the "chapters" communicate with each other. There are people in this country who don't like blacks, and don't want to associate with them on a daily basis, but I've never met anyone who wanted to string them up from trees or put them back in chains.

Valli6
03-03-2016, 09:32 AM
I just don't get how people allow themselves to be manipulated into believing that any candidate is required to denounce some person or organization they've NEVER ENDORSED IN THE FIRST PLACE!

You're approaching Stretch Armstrong levels of reaching here, man.
Ha Ha!

http://media3.s-nbcnews.com/i/streams/2014/December/141218/1D274907460659-stretch-armstrong-toy.jpg

Lucille
03-03-2016, 09:59 AM

Lew linked to a Coulter piece on the KKK scam (https://www.lewrockwell.com/political-theatre/kkk-scam/) yesterday.

David Duke IS a random person: The KKK has not been an organization of any significance since the mid-'60s (outside of Southern Poverty Law Center fundraisers), and David Duke hasn't been a member of this meaningless group since 1980.

Also, David Duke has never been accused of rape. Hillary's most prominent supporter has. Will she be asked to disavow Bill Clinton?

If she doesn't think her husband raped Juanita Broaddrick, how about the sexual assaults claimed by Paula Jones, Kathleen Willey, Christy Zercher, Eileen Wellstone, Carolyn Moffet, Elizabeth Ward Gracen and Sandra Allen James, as well as a half-dozen other women?

Does Hillary believe any of her husband's accusers? How many sexual assault accusations must there be before she disavows him?