PDA

View Full Version : **The Official** I am Sorry For the Negativity Against the Blimp Thread

ItsTime
12-07-2007, 11:55 AM
I am sorry for my negativity I had towards the thread. I am glad to see it being a huge success. :cool:

Anyone else want to say they are sorry?

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d76/esotericmind23/bigblimpin.jpg

maxmerkel
12-07-2007, 11:56 AM
bump :o

pacelli
12-07-2007, 11:56 AM
I'm sorry for my initial reservations, but I do not apologize for my donations to it. And I will not apologize for the personal moneybomb that I've been saving up for the tea party :)

McDermit
12-07-2007, 12:00 PM
Still don't agree with a lot of how it has been and continues to be handled, but they are getting better.

Elijah actually PM'd me 2 nights ago apologizing for not responding to my numerous questions, and the volunteer girl finally responded to my ex's question after 5 days of waiting.

I didn't keep my pledge in it's entirety, but I did bite the bullet and throw in a few hundred last night. :o

tmg19103
12-07-2007, 12:04 PM
I had reservations about the blimp from the start but posted nothing. I had a post or two when all the salaries and expenses were released that were not positive. Once they cut the salaries I got on board with the blimp. Nothing to apologize for. Since I was not for the blimp in the beginning I kept quiet - as it should be if you are not sure about an idea.

I had two or three negative posts on the expenses and those were changed and things were cleared up. No apology needed for that. I then, without much enthusiasm, posted that the blimp was a good idea. I now think it is a great idea with the way it is going.

Nothing to apologize for. However, for those who bashed and flamed the blimp - I don't agree with that. I have posted before on previous projects that there is no need to flame them. Either ignore them if you don't like them or support them. If there is enough support , it will happen. If there is not enough support, no need to waste time flaming when you can be doing other things to help RP.

KewlRonduderules
12-07-2007, 12:06 PM
Apology accepted. However, I am sure some operatives are going to say sorry so that their cover is not blown. Not saying you are one but I think we need to keep this in perspective, people.

Keep an eye out.

;)

rrroae
12-07-2007, 12:12 PM
And I'm sorry I was such a jerk to you Itstime.

Not my best moments.

hopeforamerica
12-07-2007, 12:13 PM
Ron Paul would be proud of you!;)

Man from La Mancha
12-07-2007, 12:15 PM
Nice. Thanks. I think we all need constructive criticism for our projects but repeated trolling won't do much on new people viewing our forums and won't help any project succeed.

RonPaulFTFW
12-07-2007, 12:16 PM
our unity is our strength.

never forget that.

Primbs
12-07-2007, 12:18 PM
Campaigns tend to be organized chaos. Even PC magazines are asking Bill Gates to apologize for Windows Vista system for having so many issues and that is an established business with unlimited resources.

The Blimp is a start up. Sometimes you just have to have faith. With less than thirty days to go to the Iowa caucus and about thirty days to New Hampshire, we have to take calculated risks to have a chance.

We should just try to move on and make the Blimp a success.

nullvalu
12-07-2007, 12:20 PM
I believe there is a Mr. Collins on this board who owes some apologies. :D

PatriotOne
12-07-2007, 12:24 PM
I wasn't critical of the Blimp and didn't post to the blimp threads except maybe one time. What I do want to say though is I was skeptical of the blimp thinking this was just too ambitious even for the amazing RP grassroot supporters and didn't think it would happen.

Now all I got to say is congratulations! This is truly mindblowing. Now instead of wondering what we can do.....naysayer's will be wondering "WHAT CAN'T WE DO?"

axiomata
12-07-2007, 12:25 PM
blump

I never was negative but I should have been more positive ... this is going to be fun. I never thought politics would be fun.

Voluntaryist
12-07-2007, 12:26 PM
our unity is our strength.

never forget that.

Strength through unity.
Unity through faith.

shepburn
12-07-2007, 12:57 PM
This is great Post!

To all those who critized the Blimp project: Don't feel bad, most of your thoughts were totally valid. It is always important to hear objective, honest critisim on any risky project. It is better we discuss our issues internally then to miss something important.

To Trevor: Your idea about not using a PAC and a using a business instead it simply brillant. You inspired me to not file as a PAC and instead open a LLC in the similiar a fashion as you did.

To Everyone who is considering creating a PAC: please don't. Read what Trevor did with the Blimp on www.ronpaulblimp.com . Again it is simply brilliant with little or no downside.

McDermit
12-07-2007, 12:59 PM
This is great Post!

To all those who critized the Blimp project: Don't feel bad, most of your thoughts were totally valid. It is always important to hear objective, honest critisim on any risky project. It is better we discuss our issues internally then to miss something important.

To Trevor: Your idea about not using a PAC and a using a business instead it simply brillant. You inspired me to not file as a PAC and instead open a LLC in the similiar a fashion as you did.

To Everyone who is considering creating a PAC: please don't. Read what Trevor did with the Blimp on www.ronpaulblimp.com . Again it is simply brilliant with little or no downside.
Isn't the downside that you can't say he's running for president.. or link to the official site? Pretty big negatives if you're trying to get a man elected. For most purposes, a PAC is a better option.

Mark Rushmore
12-07-2007, 01:03 PM
I was pro-blimp then grew skeptical when all this behind-the-scenes stuff went down. Like the other poster said, I was never negative but I probably should have been more positive. As it is now, whatever my initial reservations with this for-profit structure, I'll be writing letters on their behalf if it comes down to some FEC vs Blimp battle.

xerigen
12-07-2007, 01:14 PM
I was a quiet skeptic. I really didn't believe that this would work, although I remained interested in the threads about it. I am very pleasantly surprised, and Elijah, Trevor and the bunch did a great job. This is already bringing more publicity than I thought it could and it hasn't even launched yet.

I also have to say the Ron Paul supporters never disappoint me. At the beginning of the week I didn't think there would be any possible way that $200K would be reached, but yet again everyone rose up and donated. Great job, guys!

Chibioz
12-07-2007, 02:01 PM
We raised almost a quarter million bucks in a couple days for our own independent grassroots project. Way to go everyone!

EricRAlbrecht
12-07-2007, 02:21 PM
I am sorry I was against the blimp in the beginning. However, when the blimp needed money yesterday I donated because Ron Paul efforts in need are worth it.

Chase
12-07-2007, 02:29 PM
One of the biggest bits of joy I have gotten out of this is seeing the stunned reaction of the naysayers as the blimp project started to lift off the ground. These forums I used to regularly read (Something Awful) have a dedicated "make fun of Ron Paul" subforum, and reading their reaction to the blimp was classic.

Must be fun to sit in momma's basement and poke fun at things all day while the real men are outside building the world.

austin356
12-07-2007, 02:32 PM
Ok I been Blimped :) :) :) :)

qwerty
12-07-2007, 02:35 PM
When we stay side by side, nobody can stop us!

Ideology is bulletproof...

Pete Kay
12-07-2007, 02:37 PM
I've said sorry already, but I'll say it again. You blimp people were right and I was wrong. The blimp is already a huge success with all the press it's getting.

austin356
12-07-2007, 02:56 PM
While I did not support the blimp initially, I did take a liking after the creation of the flat out AWESOME legal structure.

Revolutn
12-07-2007, 02:59 PM
I also apologize for being skeptical initially.

I was converted and have now been arguing with other people elsewhere that this idea was actually a good idea after all using my own previous uncertainty as a selling point.

Rev

theantirobot
12-07-2007, 03:01 PM
Blimp is the real revolution!

Fresh Blimp Video:
http://digg.com/political_opinion/Ron_Paul_Blimp_crowd_funded_Revolution_video

ReallyNow
12-07-2007, 03:02 PM
Nope. I'm not sorry in the least bit. While I have toned down my posting about the blimp, for the most part, I am still absolutely against it based on the pure and truthful fact that it is a business venture being started up through grassroots donations. Additionally, they have every intention of putting up any other candidate that wants to fly the "Ron Paul" blimp. I'm just not into funding someone else's business venture without getting a share as an investor.

Man from La Mancha
12-07-2007, 03:11 PM
Nope. I'm not sorry in the least bit. While I have toned down my posting about the blimp, for the most part, I am still absolutely against it based on the pure and truthful fact that it is a business venture being started up through grassroots donations. Additionally, they have every intention of putting up any other candidate that wants to fly the "Ron Paul" blimp. I'm just not into funding someone else's business venture without getting a share as an investor.
I guess you don't buy anything including food and clothing since your not investing in those companies either. The blimp company is not selling shares or investments just ad space which can be totally booked just for Ron.

the next shocker goal you can't believe either... http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1539/blackwsmalldv3.gif (teaparty07.com)ronpaulblimp.com...donate both

twdahm
12-07-2007, 03:22 PM
im not sorry because it made them get a life and cut there extreme salaries in half....

Madison
12-07-2007, 03:30 PM
I was and still am generally against it, but now that it's gotten this far I can't sit by and not contribute something, which is why I will be donating. After all we are still on the same team.

Electric Church
12-07-2007, 03:33 PM
Hats off from a Canadian to all the blimpin American patriots who supported this and who bravely stood in the face of the genuine and disingenuous criticism.

ProfNo
12-07-2007, 03:47 PM
I think in the end it the blimp was handled well. The for profit company needed some explaining, and they did this. Plus, they listened to complaints people had (too big of a salery, be more transparent). This all went a long way.

I am now excited about the blimp.

slantedview
12-07-2007, 03:54 PM
I was and still am generally against it, but now that it's gotten this far I can't sit by and not contribute something, which is why I will be donating. After all we are still on the same team.

cheers

hillertexas
12-07-2007, 04:00 PM
After learning about the strategy behind creating an LLC...

I am sorry that I bitched about it. I am sorry that I probably allowed trolls to ruffle my feathers on this issue. I'm sorry that I argued with my own teammates over something so stupid when I take away my emotions and look at the big picture.

I'm sorry that I forgot how important what we are doing really is.

My ego has been permanently checked at the door.

From here on out we move as one unified unstoppable front.

Gimpster
12-07-2007, 04:08 PM
Must be fun to sit in momma's basement and poke fun at things all day while the real men are outside building the world.

Great quote, and so true.

RonPaulCult
12-07-2007, 04:12 PM
I'm sorry I got pissed. I should have had more faith in the intentions of Trever and other Ron Paul supporters here.

I just got scared when I heard they wanted 1000 dollars a week that they were about money and not Ron Paul.

It's not true at ALL - I understand now making it a business was the only way they could get this done.

Sorry sorry sorry - and thank you so much blimp staff!

runningdiz
12-07-2007, 04:19 PM
Sorry for being a skeptic at first as well. Glad it has worked out and everyone is regrouping back together for the common goal. GET RON PAUL IN THE WHITE HOUSE. The posts on this forum have cleaned up with the success which is nice. Glad to have some positive energy going into the final leg of this sprint! Lets keep it up!

nathanmn
12-07-2007, 04:28 PM
The lesson learned here is don't shy away from CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM, but no matter what do not be NEGATIVE. Think about what you post and which category it actually falls into before you post.

I would like to thank all of the people that weathered the negativity and took the constructive criticism to heart that helped make the project successful. You guys have done damn good.

Man from La Mancha
12-07-2007, 04:37 PM

ItsTime
12-07-2007, 05:54 PM
why are people voting down this thread?

Mark
12-07-2007, 06:10 PM
why are people voting down this thread?

I don't know, but the premise of your post is like an employee telling a fellow employee
to apologize because the employee is finally doing their job correctly after the fellow employee corrected them.

How about a "thank you" thread for the people who kept on their case
until they corrected the flaws in their business model?

hillertexas
12-07-2007, 06:51 PM
bump

constitutional
12-07-2007, 06:55 PM
I don't know, but the premise of your post is like an employee telling a fellow employee
to apologize because the employee is finally doing their job correctly after the fellow employee corrected them.

How about a "thank you" thread for the people who kept on their case
until they corrected the flaws in their business model?

ditto. Members raised valid concerns, they were not against it (few might be). And if it wasn't for them, the people working on the blimp would have not been transparent and responsive to the grassroots.

praxisseizure
12-07-2007, 06:55 PM
when people are given the choice to support what they want, there is struggle. many projects fail, are underfunded or have so much infighting that they could succeed yet fail anyway.

this is the daily chaos of the free market. open source software is of the free market.

what happens when we can persuade people to extrapolate this into government 'services'?

will they then, by the many examples around the world understand we don't need multibillion dollar departments of the federal government to run our:
science
charity
health
transportation
election supervision
communications standardizing
etc, etc, etc.

we're creating examples for future leaders to pull from.

there are hundreds of reasons why anything we do is good for the future of america, but they all have one common word.

"volunteer"

pat yourselves on the back guys, it's not over by any means, but huge prescidents and milestones have been achieved.

LOL now only another year of this!
(yes, he's going to win. big. because of you.)

Mckarnin
12-08-2007, 12:57 AM
Still don't agree with a lot of how it has been and continues to be handled, but they are getting better.

Elijah actually PM'd me 2 nights ago apologizing for not responding to my numerous questions, and the volunteer girl finally responded to my ex's question after 5 days of waiting.

I didn't keep my pledge in it's entirety, but I did bite the bullet and throw in a few hundred last night. :o

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. When I first opened the email for the blimp it already had 200 messages so I have been playing catch up ever since. Thanks for your patience and sponsorship.

K

Mitt Romneys sideburns
12-08-2007, 01:00 AM
When I first heard "Ron Paul Blimp", I thought everyone was talking about a Ron Paul/Huckabee ticket. So yea, Im sorry too for saying it was a bad idea before I got all the facts.

synthetic
12-08-2007, 01:04 AM
I'm not sorry for my negativity. A few of us forced the project to make itself look legitimate. Changes were made that might have actually saved the blimp. We'll never know for sure.

DirtMcGirt
12-08-2007, 01:08 AM
In the end we all win and healthy discussions of ideas is the only way we will succeed!!!!

amonasro
12-08-2007, 01:11 AM
I admit I was skeptical about the blimp but I'm SO glad to see its success. It's gonna be awesome.

RonPaulStreetTeam
12-08-2007, 03:11 AM
hey, sorry here too but I still think money could have been spent so much more strategically.

But I can only cross my fingers and hope for the best.

good job guys.