PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul pledges to 'un-suspend' campaign if NH paper endorses him

RDM
03-01-2016, 01:17 PM
Former Republican presidential candidate Rand Paul tweeted on Tuesday that he would "un-suspend" his campaign if the New Hampshire Union Leader endorses him and declares a "do over."

The paper, which endorsed New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie in the New Hampshire primary, retracted its endorsement of the former candidate on Monday night after Christie endorsed front-runner Donald Trump last week.

The paper wrote in an editorial that it has made a bad decision with its endorsement of Christie. It slammed Christie's decision to endorse Trump, saying the governor said he never would back the real estate mogul.

"Watching Christie kiss the Donald’s ring this weekend — and make excuses for the man Christie himself had said was unfit for the presidency — demonstrated how wrong we were," the editorial said.

Paul dropped out of the presidential race after a disappointing finish in the Iowa caucuses. Christie suspended his campaign following the New Hampshire primary. http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/271279-rand-paul-pledges-to-un-suspend-campaign-if-nh-paper

Matt Collins
03-01-2016, 01:18 PM
This is just a joke.....

phill4paul
03-01-2016, 01:25 PM
This is just a joke.....

Yeah, I don't think N.H. is going to declare a "do-over." Pretty sure they can't declare a "do-over." Wouldn't matter anyway. Teh Donald train is a rollin' even here at RPF's and it doesn't appear there will be any stopping it.

Dr.3D
03-01-2016, 01:48 PM
Teh Donald train is a rollin' even here at RPF's and it doesn't appear there will be any stopping it.
/*sniffs for elephants */

Smells more like a circus train.

RDM
03-01-2016, 01:56 PM
This is just a joke.....

What? The NH paper admitting "for the first time" it has made a "bad decision" on endorsements?

Jackie Moon
03-01-2016, 04:20 PM
LOL, Rand definitely has the best sense of humor.

Aratus
03-01-2016, 04:34 PM
i like Rand's wit.

bunklocoempire
03-01-2016, 04:39 PM
A paper with a bunch of research resources got it wrong? That just keeps happening over and over again! lol

"Oops", we told you what we wanted to, and exactly at the time that we wanted to tell you, and now we're going to admit a mistake so you believe us again next time. We promise to always report somewhat honestly after it's all said and done.:rolleyes:

Atta boy Rand.:D

nikcers
03-01-2016, 05:53 PM
I think I watched the interview for this, the audio was really bad but at one point he says I guess I'm not getting your endorsement and laughs. I think it was after he said that he would stop giving foreign aid to Israel after they were weened off it or something.

Thanks Sunshine_state

No, that was in Iowa with Des Moines Register. He was asked about his position on the EPA.
Rand went on a long tangent about his disdain for the EPA due to its abuses on private property owners.
I watched the interview with the New Hampshire paper, the editor seemed to really like him. Too bad they didn't have
the good sense to endorse him.

Sunshine_State
03-01-2016, 07:27 PM
No, that was in Iowa with Des Moines Register. He was asked about his position on the EPA.
Rand went on a long tangent about his disdain for the EPA due to its abuses on private property owners.
I watched the interview with the New Hampshire paper, the editor seemed to really like him. Too bad they didn't have

cajuncocoa
03-01-2016, 07:40 PM
He's supposed to do this on April 1st, not March 1st.

r3volution 3.0
03-01-2016, 09:39 PM
/*sniffs for elephants */

Smells more like a circus train.

Fact of the Day: Elephants don't smell that bad, because they're herbivores.

(unlike giraffes, which are foul creatures..)

invisible
03-01-2016, 09:54 PM
They need to be contacted with lots of phone calls, emails, letters, and faxes asking them to please endorse Rand while there is still a chance to nominate someone who can win the general election.

Dr.3D
03-01-2016, 10:56 PM
Fact of the Day: Elephants don't smell that bad, because they're herbivores.

(unlike giraffes, which are foul creatures..)
Shhhh... William Tell might hear ya.

Jackie Moon
03-02-2016, 02:30 AM

Yeah the guy in NH was actually really nice with Rand and they were good interviews.

You're right... it was one of the reporters in the DMR interview that kept asking about the EPA and cutting Rand off trying to debate his answers, and Rand said something like, "well you can interview me or you can give a speech". :cool:

Chieppa1
03-02-2016, 04:13 AM
There are 'Return of Rand" t-shirts on his website.

Primordial
03-02-2016, 03:19 PM

https://store.randpaul.com/get.php/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/r/a/rand_1024x1024_tshirt_return.jpg

https://store.randpaul.com/index.php/return-of-the-rand.html

sdsubball23
03-04-2016, 02:11 AM

What does this mean? Is it all for fun or is he seriously thinking about unsuspending his campaign?