PDA

View Full Version : Is 12/16 our last chance?

AggieforPaul
12-07-2007, 11:24 AM
Ive been feeling a little down today. Despite our improvements, the reality is that we still wouldnt realistically finish higher than 4th if the primaries were held today. Im afraid that if we dont get everyone and their dog hyping Ron Paul the week of 12/16, we could be facing a 3rd party run, or a concession.

Ron Paul Fan
12-07-2007, 11:24 AM
The primaries aren't being held today.

Paulitician
12-07-2007, 11:28 AM
Last chance for what?

Either way... I say no, not our last chance. We still have 2 weeks after the 16th before we'll know if we have to throw up white flags for Ron Paul's presidential bid.

OferNave
12-07-2007, 11:29 AM
If you depressed, then let me tell you - we're doing great, keep it up and we'll win.

If you're confidant and lazy, then let me tell you - we're losing! If you don't work your ass off, we won't turn it around!

Just Come Home
12-07-2007, 11:30 AM
Ive been feeling a little down today. Despite our improvements, the reality is that we still wouldnt realistically finish higher than 4th if the primaries were held today. Im afraid that if we dont get everyone and their dog hyping Ron Paul the week of 12/16, we could be facing a 3rd party run, or a concession.

What are you talking about? Wouldn't finish higher than 4th? What a defeatist...

We're in the lead. Ask any Giuliani supporter you know if they're participating in the primary, and then ask any Ron Paul supporter you know the same question.

Quit being a whining defeatist. Just get to the poll.

Libertarian
12-07-2007, 11:31 AM
The latest Rasmussen poll shows Paul at 8% nationwide among Republicans. I believe this dramatically understates his support, but let's assume it is entirely accurate.

Typical voter turnout in primaries is 10% of eligible voters. So if Rudy is polling at 20%, and we get the usual voter turnout, only 2% of registered Republicans will vote for him in the primary.

Paul getting 8% in the polls...but his supporters are MUCH more passionate than Fred Thompson/John Mccain/Giuliani supporters, and are much more likely to actually VOTE for him in the primaries.

If only HALF on RP's supporters vote, he will easily trounce Rudy and the other "frontrunners" in every primary. I think the actual turnout among Paul supporters will be closer to 70-80%...so even if his support stays where it is today (unlikely), the enthusiasm of his voters will mean an absolute BLOWOUT victory in every primary.

Let the media ignore us. They are going to see a true revolution next month.

Menthol Patch
12-07-2007, 11:33 AM
If we seriously want Ron Paul to win the nomination we need to all try and find a way to max out on the 16th. If we can raise 10 million dollars in one day it will stun the world and the media will have NO WAY to ignore Ron Paul!

AggieforPaul
The latest Rasmussen poll shows Paul at 8% nationwide among Republicans. I believe this dramatically understates his support, but let's assume it is entirely accurate.

Typical voter turnout in primaries is 10% of eligible voters. So if Rudy is polling at 20%, and we get the usual voter turnout, only 2% of registered Republicans will vote for him in the primary.

Paul getting 8% in the polls...but his supporters are MUCH more passionate than Fred Thompson/John Mccain/Giuliani supporters, and are much more likely to actually VOTE for him in the primaries.

If only HALF on RP's supporters vote, he will easily trounce Rudy and the other "frontrunners" in every primary. I think the actual turnout among Paul supporters will be closer to 70-80%...so even if his support stays where it is today (unlikely), the enthusiasm of his supporters means an absolute BLOWOUT victory in every race.

We are going to see a true revolution next month.

Yeah, but the RCP average is still at 4.7%. Im hoping he moves a ton, but if the primaries were held today, I dont think he'd win.

Lucid American

Why on earth are you feeling down TODAY???

Today's a GREAT day!

- Everything Paul's been warning about, both in foreign and domestic policies, is proving itself in the media this week, proving again that he's right on.
- Paul is getting more press than ever, and I can't find where any of it mentions the "tin-foil hat" crowd, meaning he's becoming perceived as legit.
- The establishment is taking active steps to disenfranchise Paul's base, which shows they are getting nervous.
- His support base is still contributing $50k-$100k daily without money bombs, and we'll meet his lofty goal for the quarter BEFORE the 16th.

I'm far too optimistic at this point and I don't really care.

Daswiz
12-07-2007, 11:34 AM
STOP reading the freaking polls and looking to conservative critics and MSM for their opinions!!! It's all bullshit. They are obviously playing Ron down out of fear. With the millions he has brought in, the thousands of meetup groups, close to 100K friends on Myspace, the most friends behind Obama on facebook, the blimp, the teaparty, november 5th....do you really think this man is just a "long-shot"?

Fuck Hannity, Rush, Fox, NBC, ABC, all of them!!! Grab your balls from under your skirt and get pissed off and motivated to do everything you can do to make sure people know who Dr. Paul is and vote for him.

RonPaulJunkie
12-07-2007, 11:36 AM
Don't let the poll numbers bother you. I don't see it has his last chance at all. There has been an increasing trend in Dr. Paul's publicity and is just NOW being considered a real threat. The TeaParty will be our chance to wake up the people who think he didn't have a chance as well as the people who have never heard of him. It really IS only the beginning!

Janet0116
12-07-2007, 11:37 AM
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."
Margaret Mead

AggieforPaul
12-07-2007, 11:41 AM
STOP reading the freaking polls and looking to conservative critics and MSM for their opinions!!! It's all bullshit. They are obviously playing Ron down out of fear. With the millions he has brought in, the thousands of meetup groups, close to 100K friends on Myspace, the most friends behind Obama on facebook, the blimp, the teaparty, november 5th....do you really think this man is just a "long-shot"?

Fuck Hannity, Rush, Fox, NBC, ABC, all of them!!! Grab your balls from under your skirt and get pissed off and motivated to do everything you can do to make sure people know who Dr. Paul is and vote for him.

Being a douchebag to me because Im cynical isnt going to change my mind or motivate me. I dont think he's a "long shot" at all.

pacelli
12-07-2007, 11:44 AM
The campaign in Iowa said that the big surge will be occurring during the 9 days after Christmas. Dr. Paul stated that we're just getting started, and as he said on Jay Leno, "there's a risk I could win". The movement for Dr. Paul is growing by leaps and bounds. Nobody said that being a member of a peaceful freedom revolution would be easy. When you start getting down, just go and watch one of the many videos again.

mmink15
12-07-2007, 11:49 AM
All signs (and graphs) are pointing up. I'm gonna be standing in the snow tomorrow with 25 other Ron Paul crazies outside the local mall. While all other candidates lose support we continue to gain more and more. I don't know anyone voting for Mitt or Rudy, it's all apathy when I talk to new people. Keep your chin up AggieforPaul, WE CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!

fortilite
12-07-2007, 11:49 AM
Phone polls are BULL$4!+! And who do you think will have the easiest time getting out the vote? Us! We have had more donors than any other candidate. We ARE the get out the vote movement, and we are unified behind Paul.

hvac ak47
12-07-2007, 11:57 AM
Phone polls are BULL$4!+! And who do you think will have the easiest time getting out the vote? Us! We have had more donors than any other candidate. We ARE the get out the vote movement, and we are unified behind Paul.

Do we really have more donars than any other candidate? Ive read we only have 30,000 individual donars, do you have a link?

kevinblack
12-07-2007, 12:01 PM
I don't know if this is happening to other people, but now when I turn on the news I find myself thinking. If only Ron Paul... That would never happen if Ron Paul.. oh Ron paul will fix THAT crap...

It is time to PUMP IT UP.

AlexMerced
12-07-2007, 12:02 PM
there is no last chance, we fight this fight till someone is sworn in

Revolution9
12-07-2007, 12:05 PM
Being a douchebag to me because Im cynical isnt going to change my mind or motivate me. I dont think he's a "long shot" at all.

That is YOUR problem. You decided to see if you could make it others problem. You get spanked and whine about it.. What did you expect, coddling and commiseration? From people who won't get their feet taken out from under them by a howitzer? Where do you stand?

Randy

Man from La Mancha
12-07-2007, 12:06 PM
Primaries have turned around over night. With blimp and maybe an infomercial and lots more PR it is possible to raise $100 mil. That alone could put him ahead of all presidential candidates and the PR from that would be so over whelming Ron would hardly have to spend it to win the primaries. Can't one imagine the impact of that kind of cash on people by doing this??.

FreeTraveler
12-07-2007, 12:08 PM
Do we really have more donars than any other candidate? Ive read we only have 30,000 individual donars, do you have a link?

Yes, we do. Go look at opensecrets.org, and you'll find all the other candidates have gotten most of their money from corporations, lobbyists, and lawyers.

RoyalShock
12-07-2007, 12:09 PM

You should key on your point of "if the primaries were held today". I think most RP supporters would acknowledge that. But the great thing is that they aren't. There is a process and a strategy unfolding that will put Paul into a fruntrunner position by the 2nd week of January.

If he's still in 4th by then (assuming it's a good distance from 1st), I wouldn't blame you for feeling down.

mport1
12-07-2007, 12:11 PM
Yes, the 16th is our last chance to make an impact. Everybody needs to donate every penny they can afford and more importantly tell everybody possible about it.

Here is one way to do that: http://www.therobert.org/rp/fb/tp/index.php

beobeli
12-07-2007, 12:14 PM
What are you talking about? Stop being negative. That is what the propaganda out there wants you to feel. Why do you think they are cheating on every phone poll, suppressing us in the media, calling us names, etc. etc. They want you to give up.

But we stand for a noble cause and behind a noble man. The fight to get our country back continues even after the election.

There are Ron Paul supporters everywhere. We just have to watch for voter fraud by the opponents.

sgrooms
12-07-2007, 12:22 PM

If only HALF on RP's supporters vote, he will easily trounce Rudy and the other "frontrunners" in every primary. I think the actual turnout among Paul supporters will be closer to 70-80%...so even if his support stays where it is today (unlikely), the enthusiasm of his voters will mean an absolute BLOWOUT victory in every primary.

Let the media ignore us. They are going to see a true revolution next month.

The only problem with this is that the people being called in the polls are people who have voted in the past few primaries.

Our strength is that most of Ron's supporters haven't voted in a primary, so we aren't included in the polls.

Sematary
12-07-2007, 12:30 PM
Last chance for what?

Either way... I say no, not our last chance. We still have 2 weeks after the 16th before we'll know if we have to throw up white flags for Ron Paul's presidential bid.

Wow, you give up easy. Two weeks after the sixteenth we won't even have seen the first primary.

rpfreedom08
12-07-2007, 12:36 PM
We don't give up until ron paul wins or loses! If he loses then we will all move to one huge ass state and have him be the governor :)

Paulitician
12-07-2007, 12:38 PM
Wow, you give up easy. Two weeks after the sixteenth we won't even have seen the first primary.
Meh, I'll be voting for RP on Feb. 5th but I know that if we don't get at least 3rd in Iowa, we have little chance to win the nomination. The Iowa caucus is 2 weeks after the 16th. Perhaps I was too flippant though. I don't think we're going to (or even have to) throw up "white flags" but reality is reality...

BillyDkid
12-07-2007, 01:03 PM
Ive been feeling a little down today. Despite our improvements, the reality is that we still wouldnt realistically finish higher than 4th if the primaries were held today. Im afraid that if we dont get everyone and their dog hyping Ron Paul the week of 12/16, we could be facing a 3rd party run, or a concession.I used to think that if Ron didn't do very well in IA and NH (I think he will do well in both, by the way) that our goose was cooked, but that's baloney. There are a whole bunch of states out there that Ron can still win. This whole idea that if you don't win the earliest caucuses and primaries you are doomed is just a self fulfilling prophecy propagated by the media - and look how wrong they have been all along about this campaign. I really don't think that people are so stupid that they will vote for a candidate just because he did well in a previous primary.

troyd1
12-07-2007, 01:19 PM
What are you talking about? Wouldn't finish higher than 4th? What a defeatist...

We're in the lead. Ask any Giuliani supporter you know if they're participating in the primary, and then ask any Ron Paul supporter you know the same question.

Quit being a whining defeatist. Just get to the poll.

Where do you find one of these so called Rudy Guiliani supporters? I think they are like bigfoot, people claim they exist, but no one can find one.

AggieforPaul
12-07-2007, 01:25 PM
That is YOUR problem. You decided to see if you could make it others problem. You get spanked and whine about it.. What did you expect, coddling and commiseration? From people who won't get their feet taken out from under them by a howitzer? Where do you stand?

Randy

What crawled up your ass and died this morning?

rg123
12-07-2007, 01:25 PM
Regardless of whether Ron wins or loses the rep nomination this is only the begining of a movement that is much bigger than Ron himself. Its the "message" Ron is only the messenger we are the movement. If he loses the nom. Then we must all write him in and never stop. The message of freedom is stronger than anything the media or neo's can do or say. Picture 30 million strong decending on Washington. As Ron said the genie in the bottle has popped and we must not allow it to be corked again. All tyranny & propaganda must be exposed or our government will continue until we are all merely slaves inside a third world country. Once the dollar is comparable to the peso ( the dollar is allready lower than canadian) they will finalize the NAU and remove the constitution and their will be no more USA. The young people must begin to enter the branches of government and replace who is in the halls of congress as soon as the next election. So we as Americans cannot give up whether Ron wins or loses what is at stake is more than what a DIEBOLD box can produce. This is our country and I for one cannot deal with the corruption anymore and I'll be damned if I am going to sit and just accept it. We must stay together no matter what happens and I
think that Ron would be able to live with that so as long as the message of freedom is still ringing in our hearts.

Maltheus
12-07-2007, 01:26 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I'm not in this to win (although, that would be nice). I'm in this because there are no other options. It doesn't matter what the polls say. But let's assume the worst, for the sake of argument. Let's say someone else gets elected. Do you recall what an impact Ross Perot had on this country? Everyone after 92 was trying to adopt some piece of what he was selling to court the "swing" voters. The contract with America (despite it's flaws) is a good example of that. You can expect something like that to happen again.

But this time, we also have the internet. Everything people have learned and shared about Ron Paul won't go away anytime soon. Kids are raised on the internet, not by the mainstream press anymore. The federal reserve has been outed. It's just a matter of time, before things start to come back our way. It may not be obvious, given that we're in the middle of it, but hundreds of years from now, people will look back at this time any wonder what it must have been like to live during such extraordinary times. The birth of the internet and the rejection of the centuries-old establishment are linked and it'll be taught that way to our children's children. Do you want to be one of those that fought for it or one of those who just gets swept along. Have a little faith that this movement won't simply disappear. It's about more than Ron Paul now. Don't wrap up all your hopes in just him, and you'll be able to support him, without fear of losing.

qednick
12-07-2007, 01:27 PM
Where do you find one of these so called Rudy Guiliani supporters? I think they are like bigfoot, people claim they exist, but no one can find one.

There was a rumor flying around that one was spotted taking a dump in the woods a few weeks back. But then again, probably just urban legend. :rolleyes:

jake
12-07-2007, 01:28 PM
We are talking about a revolution here, people

AggieforPaul
12-07-2007, 01:32 PM
Unfortunately, the Giuliani supporters are the silent (and apathetic) majority. My family knows Giuliani as the guy who gave the good 9/11 speech, and would be voting for him based on that if it weren't for the fact that I'm determined to get them to vote for Paul.

Paulitician
12-07-2007, 01:35 PM
Unfortunately, the Giuliani supporters are the silent (and apathetic) majority. My family knows Giuliani as the guy who gave the good 9/11 speech, and would be voting for him based on that if it weren't for the fact that I'm determined to get them to vote for Paul.
You mean that one that was written for him? LOL. Man, people need to freaking wake up.

Daveforliberty
12-07-2007, 01:37 PM
Win or lose this primary or that, we, and our man need to press on to the convention, gathering as many delegates as we can. DO NOT WORRY if we don't win every primary or seem to have enough electoral votes going into the convention. So many things can happen between now and then (like the onset of a depression), and the nominee may not be chosen until the convention itself.

Believe.

RonPaulFTFW
12-07-2007, 01:38 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=49205

BillyDkid
12-14-2007, 02:35 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I'm not in this to win ....Oh, I'm definitely in this to win. If we don't win, I'm giving up on this country. This is the first chance in my life time that we have to restore this country and I'm betting it's the only chance we will ever have. You don't think that there will serious efforts to limit freedom on the internet - especially in regard to political speech - if Ron Paul doesn't win? I thinking you can count on it.

fogger
12-14-2007, 02:44 PM
All the pieces are coming together. The 16th will be HUGE. The next couple weeks are the holidays. Lots of socializing, family get togethers, talking about Ron Paul. Then the 31st is the end of the quarter and RP will make the news with more donations than any other candidate.

There is no stopping this. Oh, I forgot a friggin' blimp is floating up and down the eastern seaboard.