PDA

View Full Version : Why did the mod Nazis move my Wankette post?

Hook
12-07-2007, 11:13 AM
It isn't about negative concerns about the blimp. It was about press reactions to the blimp.
Would you guys quit the power trip and use a little discresion?

Hook
12-07-2007, 11:19 AM
Oh, and why don't you add a post detailing why you moved the post when you move stuff.

Spirit of '76
12-07-2007, 11:23 AM
I don't see the problem. It's in the Blimp Chat/Q&A forum, which seems like a good place for it.

Where was it before?

Patriot
12-07-2007, 11:24 AM
I agree they should have told you, but you should probably PM the mods, instead of posting it here.

Bryan
12-07-2007, 12:13 PM
The thread was flagged and I moved it- we try to add a mod note for all actions except for moving since there is just a singular reason for a thread to be moved. This thread was originally posted in the "Ron Paul Blimp - Planning and information on Ron Paul blimp project." - inquiring about some peoples reaction to the state of the project does not imply any planning or information, it is more along the lines of chat. If the thread was titled "How do we respond to others having a fit?" Then that is more of a thread for planning. It was unfortunate that the Chat / Q&A sub-forum was needed but it turned into a good tool to minimize disruptions for those planning and getting information of the project from those who had serious questions or just wanted to hate on the project.

If things settle down (maybe after launch?) we could make the "Chat / Q&A" into just Q&A or get ride of it completely- that can be left up to the project leaders here.

Hope this is helpful.

One other note from a forum users (not a moderator), the thread title of choice likely isn't very helpful to the project or this forum as it can tend to incite negativity and blowback. I more-or-less understand the history / issues on this but still question why this is a good thing to do.