PDA

View Full Version : Justin Amash: Why I Trust Ted Cruz

Erazer
02-23-2016, 10:05 AM
As a libertarian Republican, I have spent several months promoting the candidacy of my friend Senator Rand Paul, who is, in my view, the most passionate defender of our rights on the national stage today. Since his departure from the presidential race, Iíve been asked many times: what now?
Itís easy to withdraw from politics when the positions and priorities of the candidates do not precisely mirror our own. But we owe it to our beliefs to find constitutional conservative political allies who not only respect our philosophy but also fight for our views to be heard.
We have found such an ally in Senator Ted Cruz.
Read more: http://opinion.injo.com/2016/02/253437-trust-ted-cruz/

ronpaulhawaii
02-23-2016, 10:08 AM
While I will not vilify Amash for this, I will note that things like this are why I made the decision to go back to work rather than pursue politics professionally.

Petar
02-23-2016, 10:15 AM
Autism prevails.

sparebulb
02-23-2016, 10:17 AM
Washington DC changes a person.

There is no path to liberty through a Ted Goldman presidency.

EBounding
02-23-2016, 10:31 AM
This should be posted in the Donald Trump forum (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?350-2016-Presidential-Election) too.

I get why he did this. I'm sure he means what he says, but I doubt he would do this if he was in a safe position like Massie or Rand. He needs the grassroots conservative supporters to ward off a primary opponent and this will go a long way.

I guess I'll give Cruz my all important primary vote too...if I get around to it.

Chester Copperpot
02-23-2016, 10:36 AM
the OP is a well known Cruz troll.. anything said pro-cruz from him is automatically suspect.... but to be honest, I like Justin alot but I dont need him to tell me that Ted cant be trusted.. ted has made that very clear from his own repeated actions and those of his campaign.

EBounding
02-23-2016, 10:38 AM
Rep. Amash endorses Cruz (http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/270395-rep-amash-endorses-cruz)
Original Thread (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?490689-Justin-Amash-Why-I-Trust-Ted-Cruz)

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

http://opinion.injo.com/2016/02/253437-trust-ted-cruz/

Ted is not a libertarian and doesnít claim to be. But he is a principled defender of the Constitution, a brilliant strategist and debater who can defeat the Democratic nominee in the general election, and the only remaining candidate I trust to take on what he correctly calls the Washington Cartel.

Warrior_of_Freedom
02-23-2016, 10:39 AM
banks donate to Ted Cruz for liberty obviously

sparebulb
02-23-2016, 10:42 AM
Ted is not a libertarian and doesn’t claim to be. But he is a principled defender of the Constitution, a brilliant strategist and debater who can defeat the Democratic nominee in the general election, and the only remaining candidate I trust to take on what he correctly calls the Washington Cartel.

The only statement with which I agree is the first sentence.

The rest is just embarrassing babble that just serves to undermine his own credibility.

LifeLibertyPursuit
02-23-2016, 10:43 AM
I love me some JA but even his endorsement of Used Car Sales Preach cannot sway me to vote for him.

Brett85
02-23-2016, 10:47 AM
I've been disappointed with some of Cruz's recent positions, but he's still the best candidate in the race on the GOP side when you look at the totality of the issues, so I'm not disappointed that Amash made this endorsement. It would've been disappointing if Amash had endorsed Cruz over Rand, but of course he didn't do that. Amash is a great defender of liberty. He and Massie are by far the best we have in the house.

Chester Copperpot
02-23-2016, 10:47 AM
I love me some JA but even his endorsement of Used Car Sales Preach cannot sway me to vote for him.

exactly right

Chester Copperpot
02-23-2016, 10:51 AM
I've been disappointed with some of Cruz's recent positions, but he's still the best candidate in the race on the GOP side when you look at the totality of the issues, so I'm not disappointed that Amash made this endorsement. It would've been disappointing if Amash had endorsed Cruz over Rand, but of course he didn't do that. Amash is a great defender of liberty. He and Massie are by far the best we have in the house.

If Cruz really intended to gut the IRS I think everybody on this forum would automatically vote for him.. hell, Id knock on doors for the guy.. but at this point I think his snake-ism is so evident that most people arent buying him. Even his acceptance speech after Iowa was so dripping with Jesus and God and everything I sat there and said who believes this bullshit...

Todd
02-23-2016, 10:57 AM
If Cruz really intended to gut the IRS I think everybody on this forum would automatically vote for him.. hell, Id knock on doors for the guy.. but at this point I think his snake-ism is so evident that most people arent buying him. Even his acceptance speech after Iowa was so dripping with Jesus and God and everything I sat there and said who believes this bullshit...

Politics really makes everyone go after the advantage. I have no idea if Amash really believes this, but it seems that no matter who it is, they have to say something they may not fully believe to get some political angle.

I heard also today that Trump said he would prosecute Hillary. I don't for one instant think he actually would, but it's just more of getting that political angle.

Fivezeroes
02-23-2016, 11:04 AM
smh.

jbauer
02-23-2016, 11:09 AM
I've never cared who endorses who. Why is this such a big deal for people? Judge the candidate or product on its own merits and quit relying on other people to tell you what to do, who to vote for or what products to buy.

Lovecraftian4Paul
02-23-2016, 11:19 AM
I won't hold it against him despite my growing distaste with Cruz. The timing is strange. Why did he wait until Cruz lost SC badly and is basically done? Seems like the time to endorse would've been a week or two ago, after Rand dropped out but before Cruz killed himself with the dirty tricks and a major primary loss.

Anti-Neocon
02-23-2016, 11:27 AM
I won't hold it against him despite my growing distaste with Cruz. The timing is strange. Why did he wait until Cruz lost SC badly and is basically done? Seems like the time to endorse would've been a week or two ago, after Rand dropped out but before Cruz killed himself with the dirty tricks and a major primary loss.
He probably got disgusted with how many in the "liberty" movement were turning to an authoritarian.

Gh34
02-23-2016, 11:30 AM
He probably got disgusted with how many in the "liberty" movement were turning to an authoritarian.

So you support the ex-Bush lackey Cruz who was defending George W. Bush? That's the definition of the liberty movement being co-opted by the neocons, and neocons like Adelson who hate Rand agree.

AuH20
02-23-2016, 11:31 AM

I don't think it has to do with embracing an authoritarian for some people. Donald Trump is largely correct on illegal immigration, exploitative managed trade deals and foreign policy. These are not superficial issues but rather core policies. I laugh when I hear the word 'liberty' carelessly thrown around, when liberty can mean multiples of different things to different individuals.

CPUd
02-23-2016, 11:33 AM
in b4 page 10 and Hot Topics

Gh34
02-23-2016, 11:34 AM
I don't think it has to do with embracing an authoritarian for some people. Donald Trump is largely correct on illegal immigration, exploitative managed trade deals and foreign policy. These are not superficial issues but rather core policies. I laugh when I hear the word 'liberty' carelessly thrown around when liberty can mean multiples of different things to different individuals.

The way people should look at it is this. Cruz is a controlled opposition candidate funded and backed by neocon donors like Adelson, who previously worked under Bush and loves John Bolton, his wife cowrote the North American Union paper for the CFR, and now all of a sudden he's 'anti-establishment', despite employing nixon-tier establishment tactics against political opponents. That's why the Tea Party movement was hijacked in the first place, so that a real liberty candidate wouldn't have a chance. It's strategically better for libertarians for the watered down pseudos to be weeded out and exposed, so that in the future, real libertarianism has a chance.

angelatc
02-23-2016, 11:36 AM
I trust Justin His political instincts have served him, and us, quite well so far.

AuH20
02-23-2016, 11:47 AM
The way people should look at it is this. Cruz is a controlled opposition candidate funded and backed by neocon donors like Adelson, who previously worked under Bush and loves John Bolton, his wife cowrote the North American Union paper for the CFR, and now all of a sudden he's 'anti-establishment', despite employing nixon-tier establishment tactics against political opponents. That's why the Tea Party movement was hijacked in the first place, so that a real liberty candidate wouldn't have a chance. It's strategically better for libertarians for the watered down pseudos to be weeded out and exposed, so that in the future, real libertarianism has a chance.

Think of the politicians that snuck in under the Tea Party label. Ron Johnson, Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, Joni Ernst. I'd say Rand Paul and Mike Lee were the only real assets that the Tea Party catapulted into the Senate.

Mr.NoSmile
02-23-2016, 11:50 AM
Hardly noteworthy or a game changer. Of the people in the House GOP, Amash is hardly a big name or one that's going to sway an election. So like it or not, this won't change much.

RonPaulMall
02-23-2016, 11:53 AM

Tactically, it makes sense. It is now pretty much certain that Cruz will not win. So the only real consequence of the endorsement is that Justin gains favor with a powerful Senator who might be useful to him in the future. Win/Win from Justin's standpoint.

02-23-2016, 11:54 AM
Makes sense. I think Cruz is the best one left but far from perfect.

cajuncocoa
02-23-2016, 11:58 AM
In b4 Matt comes to tell us that he had to do it....he promised or somebody or something.....endorsements don't matter (then why do them?) God, I hate party politics.

Indy Vidual
02-23-2016, 12:03 PM
Is Justin Amash showing signs of having lived of off the taxpayers for too long?

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/51b5bfbee4b09f20ab7a8369/t/52296fc5e4b046b16fdb705e/1433245547449/fed+unfed+horizontal+labelled.jpg

AuH20
02-23-2016, 12:10 PM
Trump is nearly up to 36% in Justin's home state. heh.

Brett85
02-23-2016, 12:13 PM
I don't think it has to do with embracing an authoritarian for some people. Donald Trump is largely correct on illegal immigration, exploitative managed trade deals and foreign policy. These are not superficial issues but rather core policies. I laugh when I hear the word 'liberty' carelessly thrown around, when liberty can mean multiples of different things to different individuals.

A mass deportation of all 12-20 million illegal immigrants is clearly an authoritarian and anti liberty position.

AuH20
02-23-2016, 12:15 PM
A mass deportation of all 12-20 million illegal immigrants is clearly an authoritarian and anti liberty position.

No one is realistically deporting any large numbers of people. The gap will be closed however, so this nonsense will cease. The days of Mexico exporting their social ills will come to an end if DJT arrives.

EBounding
02-23-2016, 12:19 PM
The endorsement helps Amash more than it helps Cruz.

Brian4Liberty
02-23-2016, 12:25 PM
I've never cared who endorses who. Why is this such a big deal for people? Judge the candidate or product on its own merits and quit relying on other people to tell you what to do, who to vote for or what products to buy.

Agree. Who cares about endorsements? They should always be taken with a huge grain of salt.

It should be noted how many so called "Tea Party" candidates have endorsed Rubio, with much media fanfare. Perhaps Amash wanted to offset those in some minor way with his preference for Cruz over Rubio and Trump.

Brian4Liberty
02-23-2016, 12:28 PM
More from Amash:

The recent passing of Justice Antonin Scalia reminds us of the importance of electing a president committed to nominating justices to the Supreme Court who will uphold the Constitution and the Rule of Law. Because the Court has not lost a conservative in many years, this selection may become the most influential act of the next president. Replacing Justice Scalia with a poorly chosen justice could alter our country’s identity on critical issues such as education, health care, criminal justice, privacy, and even the very meaning of the Constitution.

In this regard, history has given us a uniquely qualified candidate—Ted Cruz served as a Supreme Court clerk (an extraordinarily selective job held each year by fewer than 40 lawyers who work directly with the justices to shape the Court’s opinions) and has the rare distinction of having argued many cases before the Supreme Court. The importance of these credentials cannot be overstated in the current context.

But the Supreme Court is not the only thing at stake. Our entire constitutional system is under threat.

An effective president for the people is going to face massive fights with the lobbyist class and Washington elites. It is not enough for a president to have smart advisers and well-rehearsed lines. Whether or not we agree on every issue, libertarian and conservative Republicans must choose a president who has the courage to stand up for the American people in the face of relentless attacks. Ted has shown that he is a true leader who can defend the principles of our constitutional republic, takes libertarian ideas seriously (even when he disagrees), and will not back down from the battles that must be fought.

Since Ted arrived in the Senate, he has stood shoulder to shoulder with the House Freedom Caucus, of which I am a member. Ted has consistently led the fight in the Senate against the Washington Cartel’s trillion-dollar omnibus spending bills. And while his Senate colleague Marco Rubio pays lip service to inclusivity while actually advocating unwelcoming and unpopular GOP positions from past decades, Ted Cruz recognizes that we grow the Republican Party by embracing new approaches that genuinely reflect our support for limited, constitutional government.

Take, for instance, Ted’s opposition to cronyism and corporate welfare. Unlike his competitors, Ted understands that when we allow the government to pick winners and losers, the American people lose. He isn’t afraid to challenge the rampant corruption in Washington, and he isn’t afraid to champion economic freedom. Ted won the Iowa caucuses with a principled stand against subsidies, even though pundits warned that no one could win the state without pandering to the ethanol lobby.

On civil liberties and foreign policy, Ted and I don’t always agree. But he was one of only ten Republican senators to stand up for our rights by supporting Rand Paul’s amendment to kill the Cybersecurity Information Sharing Act of 2015—also known as CISA—a cyberspying bill that violates the privacy of all Americans. And Ted has been a stalwart defender of our Fifth Amendment right to due process, strongly opposing the government’s asserted power to indefinitely detain Americans without charge or trial.

Like me, Ted believes that the United States must be well defended and respected around the globe. He stands with our troops and will not put them in harm’s way unless necessary to protect our country. Unlike some other Republican candidates, Ted opposed intervening in Libya and voted against arming Syrian rebels, and he will not use our Armed Forces to engage in nation building.

To defend liberty, we must defend our Constitution. I’m supporting Ted because, knowing him personally and having served with him in Congress over the past few years, I trust him as a conservative ally who consistently listens to my perspective and stands firm for what he believes is right.

Erazer
02-23-2016, 12:35 PM
the OP is a well known Cruz troll.. anything said pro-cruz from him is automatically suspect.... but to be honest, I like Justin alot but I dont need him to tell me that Ted cant be trusted.. ted has made that very clear from his own repeated actions and those of his campaign.
I'm not a troll, I'm just enthusiastic.

Anti-Neocon
02-23-2016, 12:43 PM
So you support the ex-Bush lackey Cruz who was defending George W. Bush? That's the definition of the liberty movement being co-opted by the neocons, and neocons like Adelson who hate Rand agree.
I don't support anyone. I just like exposing Trump for who he is, especially on Ron Paul Forums. 4 years ago, he was one of the most vitriolic Ron Paul haters, and thought Mittens was too tough on illegal immigration.

It may not be about embracing an authoritarian, but that is exactly what they are doing.
His foreign policy is inherently antagonistic, which may even have a greater chance of causing conflict than that of the neocons. Ron Paul wanted friendship and Trump wants to treat all countries like subordinates as USA takes the role of imperialist bullies. He even openly admits his willingness to perform war crimes by killing families.
His position on illegal immigration is new and can’t be trusted.

When Chump was asked for one person who he may look to as a foreign policy advisor, he chose John Bolton. Need anything more be said?
I agree that watered down pseudos should be weeded out and exposed, and that starts with Chump, the guy who has the most support in the "liberty" movement.

squirl22
02-23-2016, 12:46 PM
This disillusions me with Amash...I certainly will never vote for Cruz, he is a sleazy liar dirty trickster who wants to carpet bomb the Middle East and make the sand glow. No thank you; foreign policy wise, Trump is more appealing to me.

LibertyEagle
02-23-2016, 12:47 PM
Sorry Justin. Ted pushed the TPA/TPP as strongly as he could right up to the vote. He and every single politician who voted for this should be in prison for treason.

hells_unicorn
02-23-2016, 12:51 PM
If anybody here that is making excuses for Amash doing this was also on Rand's case for endorsing McConnell, I've I got a nice one-fingered salute for you, hypocrites. Anyone who is being consistent and bashing both Amash and Rand for such endorsements are also getting a one-fingered salute from me for being lunatics. Having said that, this is just one in a growing list of things that are 100% irrelevant and should be played off/ignored. Endorsements are expected if you are a member of a political party, if you don't like it, tough rocks.

fedupinmo
02-23-2016, 12:55 PM
Ted Cruz is constitutionally ineligible according to the Supreme Court in Rogers v Bellei (1971). How can he be the best candidate if he's ineligible?

sparebulb
02-23-2016, 12:59 PM

I disagree.

It greatly enhances the liberty of those that are rightfully here to have those people expelled.

AuH20
02-23-2016, 01:00 PM
If anybody here that is making excuses for Amash doing this was also on Rand's case for endorsing McConnell, I've I got a nice one-fingered salute for you, hypocrites. Anyone who is being consistent and bashing both Amash and Rand for such endorsements are also getting a one-fingered salute from me for being lunatics. Having said that, this is just one in a growing list of things that are 100% irrelevant and should be played off/ignored. Endorsements are expected if you are a member of a political party, if you don't like it, tough rocks.

I see no problem with it. I don't like Cruz, but that is Justin's position. He explained it.

Dianne
02-23-2016, 01:08 PM
Why doe this endorsement help Amash. I always thought Cruz was one of the most hated by the establishment republicans in Congress, especially when he forced a government shut down and called McConnell a liar.

phill4paul
02-23-2016, 01:14 PM
SMDH.

EBounding
02-23-2016, 01:19 PM
Why doe this endorsement help Amash. I always thought Cruz was one of the most hated by the establishment republicans in Congress, especially when he forced a government shut down and called McConnell a liar.

Because the conservative grassroots support Cruz and Amash isn't in a safe district like Massie or the Pauls. Cruz did help Justin last time, and he can help a lot more if he becomes the nominee.

I still think Cruz is a snake, but I might vote for him if it'll help Justin.

presence
02-23-2016, 01:25 PM
Sorry Amash... I love ya... but this comes across as

"I endorse carpet bombing the middle east"

Kotin
02-23-2016, 01:25 PM
I am totally fine with Amash doing this. it changes nothing for me but I totally understand why he decided to do this.

Gh34
02-23-2016, 01:52 PM
Because the conservative grassroots support Cruz and Amash isn't in a safe district like Massie or the Pauls. Cruz did help Justin last time, and he can help a lot more if he becomes the nominee.

I still think Cruz is a snake, but I might vote for him if it'll help Justin.

If you do, you should remove the 'neocons worst nightmare' tagline from your signature, because you would be supporting a neocon candidate. A neocon candidate who was backed to stop Rand/Ron in the first place.

Libertas Aut Mortis
02-23-2016, 01:53 PM
I consider this equivalent to Rand endorsing McConnell.

A select few uneducated loudmouth will claim that Amash somehow abandoned his own principles with an endorsement. In reality, Amash is gaining a powerful ally who can be very useful in the future.

I respect Amash for this...just as I respected Rand for his endorsement.

I can't personally endorse Cruz, but I completely agree that if I had to pick someone to be closest to the Liberty movement....it would be Cruz (even with his Transgressions against the Liberty Movement)

Anti-Neocon
02-23-2016, 02:03 PM
If you do, you should remove the 'neocons worst nightmare' tagline from your signature, because you would be supporting a neocon candidate. A neocon candidate who was backed to stop Rand/Ron in the first place.
Have you ever done anything on this site but support Trump?

Gh34
02-23-2016, 02:05 PM
Have you ever done anything on this site but support Trump?

I'm attacking Cruz, not supporting Trump.

Cleaner44
02-23-2016, 02:15 PM
Cruz isn't all bad, but I can't support a Canadian as president of the USA.

Maybe the Libertarian party will nominate someone respectable.

Miss Annie
02-23-2016, 02:26 PM
This is really no different than Rand endorsing Romney & McConnell. Do you think that was a wise move?

Brett85
02-23-2016, 02:40 PM
I disagree.

It greatly enhances the liberty of those that are rightfully here to have those people expelled.

Not really. What happens if the government accidentally goes to the wrong house and throws the wrong people out of their house? A mass deportation of all illegals would simply lead to a massive police state.

Brett85
02-23-2016, 02:42 PM
Sorry Amash... I love ya... but this comes across as

"I endorse carpet bombing the middle east"

I'll never understand that reasoning. The logic is "if you support someone or endorse someone, that means you agree with them on every single issue." Around 120 million people voted in the last Presidential election. Did every single person who voted agree with the candidate they voted for on every single issue? Of course not. People support the candidates that are closest to them on the issues, or who they like the best personally. But very few people agree with the candidate they vote for on every single issue.

Brett85
02-23-2016, 02:44 PM
This is really no different than Rand endorsing Romney & McConnell. Do you think that was a wise move?

It's not even the same as that. Cruz is far from ideal but is a lot closer to us on the issues than Romney and McConnell.

cajuncocoa
02-23-2016, 02:47 PM
If anybody here that is making excuses for Amash doing this was also on Rand's case for endorsing McConnell, I've I got a nice one-fingered salute for you, hypocrites. Anyone who is being consistent and bashing both Amash and Rand for such endorsements are also getting a one-fingered salute from me for being lunatics. Having said that, this is just one in a growing list of things that are 100% irrelevant and should be played off/ignored. Endorsements are expected if you are a member of a political party, if you don't like it, tough rocks.Oh noes....a one-fingered salute from you. Whatever will I do? How will I sleep tonight? LMAO. Political parties suck. Anyone who doesn't understand that can have a one-fingered salute from me. Or maybe I just won't bother because they wouldn't get it anyway.

If endorsements don't matter, why do them?

Brett85
02-23-2016, 02:49 PM
Sorry Justin. Ted pushed the TPA/TPP as strongly as he could right up to the vote. He and every single politician who voted for this should be in prison for treason.

Rand considered voting for both of those up until the last minute. At one point he was in favor of the TPP. Your comment seems pretty absurd, both because issues like the TPA and TPP aren't clear at all from a liberty perspective, but also because it's beyond ridiculous to advocate throwing people in prison just because they vote differently than you want them to vote.

Brett85
02-23-2016, 02:50 PM
Cruz isn't all bad, but I can't support a Canadian as president of the USA.

Maybe the Libertarian party will nominate someone respectable.

If Ron Paul or Rand Paul had been born in Canada, would that have prevented you from supporting them for President?

phill4paul
02-23-2016, 02:59 PM
I consider this equivalent to Rand endorsing McConnell.

A select few uneducated loudmouth will claim that Amash somehow abandoned his own principles with an endorsement. In reality, Amash is gaining a powerful ally who can be very useful in the future.

I respect Amash for this...just as I respected Rand for his endorsement.

I can't personally endorse Cruz, but I completely agree that if I had to pick someone to be closest to the Liberty movement....it would be Cruz (even with his Transgressions against the Liberty Movement)

I'm sure a select few party apparatchiks will chime in to say "this is just how it is done, ya got to go along to get along, this'll make him a powerful ally (which we know damn well it won't) who will help us in the future. Just like Cruz has done in the past like when he stood up for liberty during the Audit the Fed vote.

Gh34
02-23-2016, 03:03 PM
It's not even the same as that. Cruz is far from ideal but is a lot closer to us on the issues than Romney and McConnell.

That is the exact argument neocons use vis-a-vis democrats, vote for them vs. democrats, and cruz only postured to be similar to Rand for votes, just like with Huckabee, and now Trump, etc. which has also caused the contradictions in his policies which he advertises as 'pure'.

Cabal
02-23-2016, 03:08 PM
Predictably shameful and disappointing.

This is what happens when you play politics, as we have seen time and again, to no benefit whatsoever.

The lesser of two evils is still evil.

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo
02-23-2016, 03:11 PM
This is some traitorous unConstitutional bullshit, backing an ineligible Canadian for the Presidency.

phill4paul
02-23-2016, 03:13 PM
Rand considered voting for both of those up until the last minute. At one point he was in favor of the TPP. Your comment seems pretty absurd, both because issues like the TPA and TPP aren't clear at all from a liberty perspective, but also because it's beyond ridiculous to advocate throwing people in prison just because they vote differently than you want them to vote.

Beyond ridiculous? Hell, we wouldn't be in this mess if we had started doing this with Alexander Hamilton.

Brett85
02-23-2016, 03:13 PM
Predictably shameful and disappointing.

This is what happens when you play politics, as we have seen time and again, to no benefit whatsoever.

The lesser of two evils is still evil.

I don't know whether you're a Christian or not, but from a Christian theological perspective every candidate is evil. Every person and every candidate running for office is evil to some extent, since everyone has sinned against God and broken his commandments. Thus, unless Jesus Christ comes down to earth and runs for President, we'll always be voting for the lesser of two or more evils. So then it just comes down to how much evil you're willing to put up with. And it may be the case for some people that Ted Cruz is too evil for people to support. But apparently for Amash, Cruz wasn't so evil that he can't support him. But, it just doesn't make sense logically that you "can never vote for the lesser evil," since every candidate who runs is evil by Biblical standards. Of course, if you aren't a Christian then you can disregard all of that, but at least for those of us who are Christians it doesn't make sense logically or theologically to say that we should never vote for the lesser evil.

Cabal
02-23-2016, 03:18 PM
I don't know whether you're a Christian or not

I'm not.

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo
02-23-2016, 03:18 PM
This is some traitorous unConstitutional bullshit, backing an ineligible Canadian for the Presidency.

Brett85
02-23-2016, 03:19 PM
I'm not.

Then how do you define evil?

Isaac Bickerstaff
02-23-2016, 03:34 PM
Anything I have to say on the subject has already been said by Andy Kaufman

https://youtu.be/Fdp7pzhJAIM?list=RDFdp7pzhJAIM

Matt Collins
02-23-2016, 03:48 PM
Ron has endorsed a lot of people worse than Ted Cruz:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmJqSLNy8ms

SilentBull
02-23-2016, 04:09 PM
Not surprising. I don't like Cruz but the fact is that out of everyone still running, he's still the best. Can you picture Trump responding to minimum wage questions in a general election debate? At least there is a small chance that Cruz understands basic economics. This isn't true for Trump.

There is also a small chance that Cruz went full neocon to infiltrate; that he did what Rand was doing at first, but did it more aggressively and decided to go all in. I did say "small" chance. With anyone else, there is no chance at all.

Gh34
02-23-2016, 04:14 PM
Not surprising. I don't like Cruz but the fact is that out of everyone still running, he's still the best. Can you picture Trump responding to minimum wage questions in a general election debate? At least there is a small chance that Cruz understands basic economics. This isn't true for Trump.

There is also a small chance that Cruz went full neocon to infiltrate; that he did what Rand was doing at first, but did it more aggressively and decided to go all in. I did say "small" chance. With anyone else, there is no chance at all.

Backwards, Cruz was a neocon from the start working for Bush. Bush also pretended to be semi-non-interventionist in his 2000 campaign.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rksd80-FCAw

For Trump. His position in economics is closer to Perot, but he does have an ideology.

Libertas Aut Mortis
02-23-2016, 04:21 PM
I'm sure a select few party apparatchiks will chime in to say "this is just how it is done, ya got to go along to get along, this'll make him a powerful ally (which we know damn well it won't) who will help us in the future. Just like Cruz has done in the past like when he stood up for liberty during the Audit the Fed vote.

To be fair...Cruz did co-sponsor it. Cruz has spoken, very loudly for it. And he knew that it wasn't going to pass ahead of time. Now, he should have showed up for his job, especially for a vote like that....but we know where he stands on the issue. He was on the campaign trail, and he considered that more important than attending a vote that was going to lose.

I'll rip on him all day for it....but him being slimey doesn't make him against the bill that he co-sponsored, and then abandoned when it was showed no chance of passing.

phill4paul
02-23-2016, 04:25 PM
To be fair...Cruz did co-sponsor it. Cruz has spoken, very loudly for it. And he knew that it wasn't going to pass ahead of time. Now, he should have showed up for his job, especially for a vote like that....but we know where he stands on the issue. He was on the campaign trail, and he considered that more important than attending a vote that was going to lose.

I'll rip on him all day for it....but him being slimey doesn't make him against the bill that he co-sponsored, and then abandoned when it was showed no chance of passing.

Those. Three. Words.

Libertas Aut Mortis
02-23-2016, 04:32 PM
Those. Three. Words.

Yea.....I'm not apologizing for him dude. I'm just being real. Ted has been a pretty strong ally in pursuit of Audit the Fed. He failed to show up for the vote...but that causation doesn't equate to the correlation that you would like to make to score political hit points against him.

Him not showing up means....that he didn't show up. It doesn't mean his position has changed.

Cleaner44
02-23-2016, 04:43 PM
If Ron Paul or Rand Paul had been born in Canada, would that have prevented you from supporting them for President?

Yes. I would support the message, but I am not going against the Constitution and voting for a foreigner for my president.

JK/SEA
02-23-2016, 05:13 PM
i'm sure this is some kind of strategy move we have yet to figure out....

dannno
02-23-2016, 05:22 PM

I would support them and vote for them, but I would also want them to go through the process of ensuring that they could actually become President.. it's better to find out earlier than later, after all the effort has been made.

I see the avoidance as a character flaw... It's the type of person who is like, "oh, well if I just get the votes we can worry about eligibility later..." ... or "Oh, well if we just go in and attack Iraq now we can worry about all of fallout later.." .. or "Oh, well if I just get really drunk now, I'll find out how to get home later.."

It's very r (vs. K)

enhanced_deficit
02-23-2016, 05:24 PM
Dumb move and bit surprised that JA fell for swctool Ted Goldman. Seems like this crop of libertarians need more political training/maturity.

phill4paul
02-23-2016, 05:40 PM
Yea.....I'm not apologizing for him dude. I'm just being real. Ted has been a pretty strong ally in pursuit of Audit the Fed. He failed to show up for the vote...but that causation doesn't equate to the correlation that you would like to make to score political hit points against him.

Him not showing up means....that he didn't show up. It doesn't mean his position has changed.

Political hit points? Lol. He had one job. To Senator. Running for the presidential nomination does not, should not, preclude ones elected position. As you pointed out, he co-sponsored the bill. If he cannot take the time to be present for a vote on a bill that he co-sponsored, representing his constituents, because he believes it will fail, is a signal to me that he really didn't stand behind it. His personal interest, running for POTUS, outweighed his elected position. And that only leaves me with the conviction that once he achieved POTUS that he would look to personal interest over his elected position.

Rudeman
02-23-2016, 05:44 PM
First of all people are acting like he just endorsed Lindsay Graham or Marco Rubio. He endorsed Rand first and now that Rand is out he endorsed Cruz. Sorry he didn't support the glorious leader (Trump).

Justin Amash is allowed to have an opinion of who he thinks is better and I don't fault him for it because there isn't a clear best candidate available (like Ron or Rand).

Matt Collins
02-23-2016, 06:04 PM
Remember Ron has endorsed some bad people too:

Feelgood
02-23-2016, 06:07 PM
:eek:

Du Fuq?

EBounding
02-23-2016, 06:19 PM
First of all people are acting like he just endorsed Lindsay Graham or Marco Rubio. He endorsed Rand first and now that Rand is out he endorsed Cruz. Sorry he didn't support the glorious leader (Trump).

Justin Amash is allowed to have an opinion of who he thinks is better and I don't fault him for it because there isn't a clear best candidate available (like Ron or Rand).

Cruz also helped Justin when he was primaried in 2014. That's politics I guess.

EBounding
02-23-2016, 06:21 PM
i'm sure this is some kind of strategy move we have yet to figure out....

I think it's simple. Ted endorsed Justin in 2014 and made ads and Justin's returning the favor.

Cabal
02-23-2016, 06:30 PM
Justin Amash is allowed to have an opinion of who he thinks is better and I don't fault him for it

Who has said anything about him not being allowed an opinion?

Some people just happen to have the opinion that his opinion on this is bad.

Fivezeroes
02-23-2016, 06:32 PM
Cruz also helped Justin when he was primaried in 2014. That's politics I guess.

Sort of a i'll scratch your back if you scratch mine.

euphemia
02-23-2016, 07:03 PM
I'm disappointed.

cajuncocoa
02-23-2016, 07:23 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmJqSLNy8msDo you ever have anything else to say?

wmmonk
02-23-2016, 08:41 PM

Remember, Ron Paul didn't endorse John McCain or Mitt Romney.
Remember, two wrongs don't make a right.

sparebulb
02-23-2016, 08:51 PM

While this may be true,

It is more irritating coming from you.

A poem for Collinz

Occam's Banana
02-23-2016, 09:36 PM

Do you ever have anything else to say?

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/yeah-yeah-whatever-Teh-Collinz-is-busy-winning-elections-and-doesn't-have-time-for-your-penny-ante-bullshit ;)

JSBach
02-23-2016, 10:02 PM
Is this a fake Cruz generated endorsement? Do we have Amash speaking to this endorsement?

On the other hand, there are moves to make sure there is a brokered convention! www.StillRanding.com is one site preparing and talking about plans to still nominate Rand, which has certain merits! Maybe Cruz will capitulate in the convention to the constitutional eligibility and ask all his delegates to go with Rand Paul!?

No doubt the Trumpet Buffoon is planning on throwing to Jeb and making the phone call on the floor to get Jeb the nomination, similar to the Perot plan to throw to King George or to Bill! Trumpet is up to the same strategy!

It is of the deepest strategy only when what??? WHEN THE FED EXISTENCE HANGS IN THE BALANCE! Then it is FED vs. Anti-FED!

Paul vs. un-Paul!

Never forget the biggest picture of all!

Fivezeroes
02-23-2016, 10:11 PM
Is this a fake Cruz generated endorsement? Do we have Amash speaking to this endorsement?

On the other hand, there are moves to make sure there is a brokered convention! www.StillRanding.com (http://www.StillRanding.com) is one site preparing and talking about plans to still nominate Rand, which has certain merits! Maybe Cruz will capitulate in the convention to the constitutional eligibility and ask all his delegates to go with Rand Paul!?

No doubt the Trumpet Buffoon is planning on throwing to Jeb and making the phone call on the floor to get Jeb the nomination, similar to the Perot plan to throw to King George or to Bill! Trumpet is up to the same strategy!

It is of the deepest strategy only when what??? WHEN THE FED EXISTENCE HANGS IN THE BALANCE! Then it is FED vs. Anti-FED!

Paul vs. un-Paul!

Never forget the biggest picture of all!

There's not going to be a brokered convention, not the way the votes are currently going. No front runner that has won both SC and NH has ever went on to lose the nomination and even if there were a brokered convention, the establishment hacks would just give the nod to Bush, Cruz or Rubot.

Rudeman
02-23-2016, 10:50 PM
Who has said anything about him not being allowed an opinion?

Some people just happen to have the opinion that his opinion on this is bad.

That's fine but insulating that he's a traitor, supports carpet bombing or has been in Washington too long is a bit far, but that's just my opinion.

Erazer
02-23-2016, 11:44 PM

This is nothing like the "incumbent protection plan" and you know it.

LibertyEagle
02-24-2016, 07:40 AM

Sounds like you have some homework to do. Go do your research and come back and tell me that after you do. Until then, pffftt.

Brian4Liberty
02-24-2016, 10:08 AM
I think it's simple. Ted endorsed Justin in 2014 and made ads and Justin's returning the favor.

Too simple.

JSBach
02-24-2016, 11:44 AM
All it takes is a less than majority on first vote. That is the course the race is currently on unless one of the top, soon drops and allows voters to alter the course. The least control from the top down is precisely when there is no majority on first vote. It is then that the actual delegates realize their power and can either vote their personal choice or start pimping for big time perks... a real headache and complicated for the party and convention. There are not enough mafia types on the floor at the end of a delegate election process to carry out a good top down control. That is the nightmare scenario for the party!
See: StillRanding.com

specsaregood
02-24-2016, 11:59 AM
I guess there is little harm at this point in endorsing somebody that isn't going to win the nomination anyways.

TommyJeff
02-25-2016, 02:06 PM
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/270395-rep-amash-endorses-cruz

I'm a fan of his on many things. He said he is voting republican even over a libertarian party candidate. A shame. But I guess he thinks this is the best scenario for his future/national future

Brett85
02-25-2016, 02:24 PM
He is a Republican. Why would he vote for a Libertarian Party candidate?

presence
02-25-2016, 02:29 PM
Cruz is going to lose and Amash probably knows that. In the past 60 days Cruz has gone from 10:1 to 100:1 at the betting sites.

This is one of those "I endorsed you, so will you endorse me later?" gestures that just induces face palm for me.

erowe1
02-25-2016, 02:31 PM
He said he is voting republican even over a libertarian party candidate.

I agree with Brett that I don't see any reason for Amash to support an LP candidate. But I don't see any mention of the LP anywhere in the article. Did you have a quote of him saying that from some other source?

specsaregood
02-25-2016, 02:33 PM
//

erowe1
02-25-2016, 02:33 PM
This is one of those "I endorsed you, so will you endorse me later?" gestures that just induces face palm for me.

Why does it induce face palm?

Looking at it the way you describe makes it a lot more palatable to me.

I don't want Cruz to be president. But I do want him to continue to be as much of an ally to Rand and Amash in the Senate as possible. He's been one so far and stands to continue to be one. That alliance should be cultivated.

In fact, if it's really clear that Cruz can't win, maybe Rand should endorse him too.

presence
02-25-2016, 05:03 PM
Why does it induce face palm?

because endorsements should mean "I believe in your policy perspective" not "I believe I can change your policy perspective".

I don't think Amash and Cruz really have too much in common.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?490791-Justin-Amash-on-Fox-Business-Kennedy-re-Ted-Cruz-Endorsement-2-24-16

I give you that ted is strong on monetary policy and the second amendment from a libertarian perspective.

understated:

On civil liberties and foreign policy, Ted and I don’t always agree.

-Amash

Amash is essentially endorsing Cruz because "everyone else sucks" but "maybe I could influence Ted a little" because Ted a debating constitutional philosopher and "Maybe Ted will owe me a political favor". Albeit fed audit would be an accomplishment, its still a lesser of evils endorsement, I just find that shallow. Ted has a brand. I don't believe we'll ever win over him over on bombing the suicidal sand people or letting up on the drug war prison state. As "constitutionalist" as he may be he has no concept of NAP.

erowe1
02-25-2016, 05:06 PM
because endorsements should mean "I believe in your policy perspective"

Why?

Dianne
02-25-2016, 05:16 PM
Have no fear. They have brought Mittens in to be the extrumpinator.

presence
02-25-2016, 05:17 PM
Why?

Because if you need someone to paint your house and you ask me for an endorsement;
Even if I know some guy that that cuts nice lines, can get the job done cheap, with great products;
I'm not going to recommend him to you if he splattered carpet bombs on my persian rugs.

Aratus
02-25-2016, 06:26 PM
Have no fear. They have brought Mittens in to be the extrumpinator.

THE ARNOLD is literally taking over Donald Trump's MC role on THE APPRENTICE! Is this a coincidence? :D

thoughtomator
02-25-2016, 06:28 PM
Guess we have to scratch Amash off the list of hoped-for future leaders unless he becomes a LOT more cynical between now and then.

Aratus
02-25-2016, 06:29 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to thoughtomator again.

thoughtomator
02-25-2016, 06:32 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to thoughtomator again.

Don't worry about it. I got a pile of rep so high that Snoop Dogg is jealous of it.

erowe1
02-25-2016, 06:37 PM
Because if you need someone to paint your house and you ask me for an endorsement;
Even if I know some guy that that cuts nice lines, can get the job done cheap, with great products;
I'm not going to recommend him to you if he splattered carpet bombs on my persian rugs.

This isn't the same though. This is a political calculation. I think it makes sense for Amash to do it. All the more so if there's really no risk of Cruz winning.

TommyJeff
02-25-2016, 10:19 PM
He is a Republican. Why would he vote for a Libertarian Party candidate?

Would you suggest that Ron Paul voted republican the years he was in congress and not running for president?

Brett85
02-25-2016, 10:24 PM
Would you suggest that Ron Paul voted republican the years he was in congress and not running for president?

Ron Paul was an enigma. We shouldn't expect other liberty candidates to take the same stance. You have to work within the party if you want to have any success at changing the party.

TommyJeff
02-25-2016, 10:25 PM
I agree with Brett that I don't see any reason for Amash to support an LP candidate. But I don't see any mention of the LP anywhere in the article. Did you have a quote of him saying that from some other source?

I was watching Kennedy on fox last night (maybe the night before) because Gary Johnson was going to be on. She asked Amash a specific question, something like "would you support Gary Johnson if he decides to run" and Amash said he's a republican and will be backing Cruz because none of the other candidates work with the liberty group and while Cruz isn't the best, he's better than the rest. (Paraphrasing based on memory). I don't have the quote but it was when he was on Kennedy this week, shouldn't be too hard to find the interview.

TommyJeff
02-25-2016, 10:26 PM
Ron Paul was an enigma. We shouldn't expect other liberty candidates to take the same stance. You have to work within the party if you want to have any success at changing the party.
A unicorn is better than enigma. But do you have a thought on my question? he might have voted for republicans, yes?

Brett85
02-25-2016, 10:29 PM
A unicorn is better than enigma. But do you have a thought on my question? he might have voted for republicans, yes?

I don't think Ron ever endorsed or voted for the GOP nominee. He did however vote for Gingrich for speaker of the house and also endorsed all of the incumbents in Texas.

r3volution 3.0
02-26-2016, 01:05 AM
My initial reaction to this news was to start rethinking my support for Amash, as it seemed like an unforced show of support at a time when it could actually effect the outcome (as opposed to the usual pro forma endorsement). So I have, and I've come to the conclusion that I trust Amash enough to assume that he had some good practical reason for doing this; that he reasonably expects this move to advance the cause in some way (helping him get reelected, giving him more influence on the House, etc).

erowe1
02-26-2016, 07:50 AM
My initial reaction to this news was to start rethinking my support for Amash, as it seemed like an unforced show of support at a time when it could actually effect the outcome (as opposed to the usual pro forma endorsement). So I have, and I've come to the conclusion that I trust Amash enough to assume that he had some good practical reason for doing this; that he reasonably expects this move to advance the cause in some way (helping him get reelected, giving him more influence on the House, etc).

Unless Rand or some other preferable candidate were still in the race, I don't see even a potential downside to endorsing Cruz against Trump and Rubio. When Rand was in the race, Amash endorsed and wholeheartedly supported him.

EBounding
02-26-2016, 07:53 AM
No one else in Congress helped Justin out more than Cruz did in 2014. Rand endorsed him too of course, but Cruz has wider appeal with regular grassroots conservatives and he made ads for him. That doesn't mean everyone here should vote for Cruz. It just means Justin has a very good reason for returning the endorsement favor to Cruz.

r3volution 3.0
02-26-2016, 12:28 PM
Unless Rand or some other preferable candidate were still in the race, I don't see even a potential downside to endorsing Cruz against Trump and Rubio. When Rand was in the race, Amash endorsed and wholeheartedly supported him.

I don't like to see the line blurred between the real libertarians/conservatives (like Amash) and the fake ones trying to co-pt this movement (like Cruz).

The only way to prevent co-optation is to clearly ID the infiltrators as infiltrators.

Endorsing them has the opposite effect.

...in a sense, it would be better to endorse an overt establishment guy, since there's no confusion about which side he's on.

So that's the downside, but as I said I'm going to assume that Amash had a good reason to do this, that he saw it as a net positive for the movement.

I'm at peace with it.

Brett85
02-26-2016, 01:34 PM
I don't like to see the line blurred between the real libertarians/conservatives (like Amash) and the fake ones trying to co-pt this movement (like Cruz).

The only way to prevent co-optation is to clearly ID the infiltrators as infiltrators.

Endorsing them has the opposite effect.

...in a sense, it would be better to endorse an overt establishment guy, since there's no confusion about which side he's on.

So that's the downside, but as I said I'm going to assume that Amash had a good reason to do this, that he saw it as a net positive for the movement.

I'm at peace with it.

How is Cruz trying to co-opt the movement? Like Justin said in his statement, Cruz has never claimed to be a libertarian.

Aratus
02-26-2016, 05:54 PM
No one else in Congress helped Justin out more than Cruz did in 2014. Rand endorsed him too of course, but Cruz has wider appeal with regular grassroots conservatives and he made ads for him. That doesn't mean everyone here should vote for Cruz. It just means Justin has a very good reason for returning the endorsement favor to Cruz.

I have to feel sorta sorry for Ted Cruz! Some of the voters do not have Justin Amash's insights! :cool:
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/270881-pollster-asks-floridians-if-cruz-is-the-zodiac-killer :eek: This is from THE HILL, not THE ONION!!! :)

r3volution 3.0
02-26-2016, 10:43 PM
How is Cruz trying to co-opt the movement? Like Justin said in his statement, Cruz has never claimed to be a libertarian.

Whether he calls himself a libertarian or not is irrelevant.

He's been campaigning as if he's taking up Ron's mantle. There are many speeches to this effect.

Bottom line: if he cared about the movement to reduce the size and scope of government, he wouldn't have announced his candidacy after Rand was already running.

He is a whore, who either doesn't care about liberty at all, or who cares about it much less than self-aggrandizement.

P3ter_Griffin
02-26-2016, 11:20 PM

No, just that he is 'the intellectual and political heir to your father's 2012 campaign, and the liberty movement'.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=3o_vzvEVA7Y

MarcusI
03-07-2016, 10:27 AM
Justin Amash:

"As a libertarian Republican, I have spent several months promoting the candidacy of my friend Senator Rand Paul, who is, in my view, the most passionate defender of our rights on the national stage today. Since his departure from the presidential race, Iíve been asked many times: what now?

Itís easy to withdraw from politics when the positions and priorities of the candidates do not precisely mirror our own. But we owe it to our beliefs to find constitutional conservative political allies who not only respect our philosophy but also fight for our views to be heard.

We have found such an ally in Senator Ted Cruz.

Ted is not a libertarian and doesnít claim to be. But he is a principled defender of the Constitution, a brilliant strategist and debater who can defeat the Democratic nominee in the general election, and the only remaining candidate I trust to take on what he correctly calls the Washington Cartel.

The recent passing of Justice Antonin Scalia reminds us of the importance of electing a president committed to nominating justices to the Supreme Court who will uphold the Constitution and the Rule of Law. Because the Court has not lost a conservative in many years, this selection may become the most influential act of the next president. Replacing Justice Scalia with a poorly chosen justice could alter our countryís identity on critical issues such as education, health care, criminal justice, privacy, and even the very meaning of the Constitution.

In this regard, history has given us a uniquely qualified candidateóTed Cruz served as a Supreme Court clerk (an extraordinarily selective job held each year by fewer than 40 lawyers who work directly with the justices to shape the Courtís opinions) and has the rare distinction of having argued many cases before the Supreme Court. The importance of these credentials cannot be overstated in the current context.

But the Supreme Court is not the only thing at stake. Our entire constitutional system is under threat.

An effective president for the people is going to face massive fights with the lobbyist class and Washington elites. It is not enough for a president to have smart advisers and well-rehearsed lines. Whether or not we agree on every issue, libertarian and conservative Republicans must choose a president who has the courage to stand up for the American people in the face of relentless attacks. Ted has shown that he is a true leader who can defend the principles of our constitutional republic, takes libertarian ideas seriously (even when he disagrees), and will not back down from the battles that must be fought.

Since Ted arrived in the Senate, he has stood shoulder to shoulder with the House Freedom Caucus, of which I am a member. Ted has consistently led the fight in the Senate against the Washington Cartelís trillion-dollar omnibus spending bills. And while his Senate colleague Marco Rubio pays lip service to inclusivity while actually advocating unwelcoming and unpopular GOP positions from past decades, Ted Cruz recognizes that we grow the Republican Party by embracing new approaches that genuinely reflect our support for limited, constitutional government.

Take, for instance, Tedís opposition to cronyism and corporate welfare. Unlike his competitors, Ted understands that when we allow the government to pick winners and losers, the American people lose. He isnít afraid to challenge the rampant corruption in Washington, and he isnít afraid to champion economic freedom. Ted won the Iowa caucuses with a principled stand against subsidies, even though pundits warned that no one could win the state without pandering to the ethanol lobby.

On civil liberties and foreign policy, Ted and I donít always agree. But he was one of only ten Republican senators to stand up for our rights by supporting Rand Paulís amendment to kill the Cybersecurity Information Sharing Act of 2015óalso known as CISAóa cyberspying bill that violates the privacy of all Americans. And Ted has been a stalwart defender of our Fifth Amendment right to due process, strongly opposing the governmentís asserted power to indefinitely detain Americans without charge or trial.

Like me, Ted believes that the United States must be well defended and respected around the globe. He stands with our troops and will not put them in harmís way unless necessary to protect our country. Unlike some other Republican candidates, Ted opposed intervening in Libya and voted against arming Syrian rebels, and he will not use our Armed Forces to engage in nation building.

To defend liberty, we must defend our Constitution. Iím supporting Ted because, knowing him personally and having served with him in Congress over the past few years, I trust him as a conservative ally who consistently listens to my perspective and stands firm for what he believes is right."

Bern
03-07-2016, 10:38 AM
I agree with Amash. Of the remaining (running) GOP candidates, Cruz is the best turd in the toilet bowl.

Carlybee
03-07-2016, 10:48 AM
I agree with Amash. Of the remaining (running) GOP candidates, Cruz is the best turd in the toilet bowl.

When all that's left are turds..time to flush the toilet not stick your head in it.

Libertas Aut Mortis
03-07-2016, 10:53 AM
I really hope that people do not try to burn Amash for this like they burnt Rand for McConnell or Romney.

We need not eat our own....even if we disagree with them here or there.

Joeinmo
03-07-2016, 10:54 AM
Im disappointed with Amash..he should have kept his mouth shut

erowe1
03-07-2016, 10:56 AM
Im disappointed with Amash..he should have kept his mouth shut

Liar. You'd be cheering him on if he endorsed Trump.

Christian Liberty
03-07-2016, 10:59 AM
Liar. You'd be cheering him on if he endorsed Trump.

LOL! Seriously. Trump is way worse than Cruz.