PDA

View Full Version : Can today be a 12 million dollar day?

ultra80
12-07-2007, 10:47 AM
After sending my weekly $50, I noticed that the campaign is now within 1.25 million dollars of their stated goal for the quarter.

Browsing over to http://ronpaulgraphs.com/lastweek_vs_thisweek.html I also notice that if this week's donations match last week's we would push the campaign within $250,000 of $12,000,000.

I know a lot of people are waiting for December 16'th and I applaud them. I myself am sitting on a donation for that day. That said, with just a little push now we could meet the campaign's goals THREE WEEKS early. Leaving everything raised afterwards as gravy (or, you know, the metaphor of your choice :-))....

Mental Dribble
12-07-2007, 12:11 PM
To raise 1.25 million it takes time to rally the troops. I don't think its realistic to get it done today but I think we will plow through that number in the coming weeks.

azminuteman
12-07-2007, 12:14 PM
To raise 1.25 million it takes time to rally the troops. I don't think its realistic to get it done today but I think we will plow through that number in the coming weeks.

It'd be great to start the Tea Party with $12 Million+ already in.

NinjaPirate
12-07-2007, 12:31 PM
It'd be great to start the Tea Party with $12 Million+ already in.

I agree, but that's going to be hard to push.

Original_Intent
12-07-2007, 12:35 PM
I think hitting 12 million a day or two ahead of the 16th would be awesome.

Possibly get some additional media coverage leading into the TeaParty.

Media coverage from the blimp, to passing $12 million, to the TeaParty, to the primaries. This could really snowball for RP, bringing him growing exposure at just the right time.

winston_blade
12-07-2007, 12:39 PM
Guys, lets be serious. He will pass it on TeaParty day. FACT. Give whatever you want whenever you want. But, it takes some time to get 1.5 million dollars in. It would be great if it came in before Dec. 16th, but I highly doubt it will. Let's not tire people out with all these fund raising pushes. Big ones work and they work well. I am tired of seeing all the donate now threads for a mini money bomb. Let's stick to what's worked. People don't want to be solicited for donations 24/7.

That being said, I hope he hits it before 12/16.:)

ultra80
12-07-2007, 12:46 PM
Past performance is no guarantee of future results ;-) but breaking out the figures from http://www.ronpaulgraphs.com/week_over_week_four.html provides some numbers.

Bearing in mind that the figures do not include today's, tomorrow's, or Sunday's totals we have 25 days worth of donation data.

Total donations: $2,207,000
Average donations per day: $88280

If the average donation for the next 8 days is at that level we will be within $500,000 of the quarterly goal with a day or so to go before the 16'th.

I'm not necessarily advocating a major (or even a minor) effort to hit the $12,000,000 mark today, but I've been watching the charts pretty closely and wanted to provide some public airing.

Pick the sport of your choice but it seems pretty clear to me that we are passing the home run stage and moving in on grand slam territory...

Original_Intent
12-07-2007, 12:54 PM
Yeah let me clarify my last post.

In my opinion the ideal would be nice consistent $50,000 per day from now to the 16th and everything else held back for the TeaParty.

If we are going to be close to 12 million anyway, I think it would be better to pass it a day or two before the TeaParty. But the more held back for maximum impact on the 16th the better imo.

Of course, passing 12 million in TeaParty day is just another thing the media can mention as they cover what I expect will be a historic day.

NinjaPirate
12-07-2007, 12:59 PM
Yeah let me clarify my last post.

In my opinion the ideal would be nice consistent $50,000 per day from now to the 16th and everything else held back for the TeaParty.

If we are going to be close to 12 million anyway, I think it would be better to pass it a day or two before the TeaParty. But the more held back for maximum impact on the 16th the better imo.

Of course, passing 12 million in TeaParty day is just another thing the media can mention as they cover what I expect will be a historic day.

Ah, okay, thanks for clarifying. :) That's a good idea, and I hope to see that, too. But, ugh, we haven't even broke through $20,000 today.

LoveLiberty
12-07-2007, 01:00 PM
Last week's total includes the controversial 11/30 money grenade which had been advertised for weeks prior. A push for another mini-bomb so close to the tea party would probably not receive near as much support.

Methinks it's best to focus on the 16th.

Naraku
12-07-2007, 01:09 PM
I think getting $500,000 this week and next week, before December 16th, should be the goal. If the campaign puts out an e-mail that may cause it to jump higher.

PatriotOne
12-07-2007, 01:24 PM
Maybe I missed it but I don't think the offline donations have been added for a week or so. They should be at least 250k.