PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Air Force to send F-15 jets to Finland, Russia; "We're in a new cold war"

Origanalist
02-15-2016, 05:24 PM
(CNN)The U.S. Air Force will send six F-15s to Finland this spring for exercises that will operate out of a base about 100 miles from the border with Russia, military officials say.

The six jets from the 173rd Fighter Wing at Kingsley Field Air National Guard Base in Oregon will fly training missions with Finnish forces as part of Operation Atlantic Resolve, which the United States initiated in 2014 to reassure NATO allies after Russian military intervention in Ukraine.

The United States requested the exercises, said Maj. Sheryll I. Klinkel of U.S. Air Forces Europe. Though Finland is not part of NATO, it shares an 813-mile border with Russia and has worked with the United States several times in the past few years.

"Most of that training has been flown from Norway, Sweden and other neighboring nations. However, we have never had F-15s conduct a training deployment to Finland," Klinkel said.

Russia's increasingly aggressive behavior over the past several years has prompted several countries across Europe to re-examine their defense capabilities and expand cooperation with other nations who share their concerns, according to Stephen Sestanovich, a senior fellow of Russian studies at the Council for Foreign Relations.

continued with news video... http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/15/politics/u-s-f-15-finland-training-exercise/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

Zippyjuan
02-15-2016, 07:16 PM
Six planes for two weeks of exercises.

pcosmar
02-15-2016, 07:39 PM
Six planes for two weeks of exercises.

only takes one to fuck up.

kpitcher
02-15-2016, 11:01 PM
only takes one to fuck up.
If I learned anything from 80s action movies like Iron Eagle or Firefox.. it only takes one hot shot

GunnyFreedom
02-15-2016, 11:33 PM
If I learned anything from 80s action movies like Iron Eagle or Firefox.. it only takes one hot shot

"Tower, this is Ghostrider, requesting a flyby."
"Negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full."