PDA

View Full Version : My plan for Rand in 2020, and we all of the liberty movement onboard

groverblue
02-12-2016, 11:27 PM
We need to establish a multi-front attack to get Rand elected in 2020.

First, I saw a post on Twitter and Reddit where someone was trying to get movement on "Read the Bills Act", where we basically swarm the phone lines (not email) until it hits the Senate floor. They suggested that we call every committee person every week until it reaches the Senate floor, non-stop (I posted something similar). We can do this for EVERY single piece of legislation that Rand introduces. The way I see it, this will both bring legislation forward that WE want, and pump Rand's name in the media. Four straight year of this.

Second, each election cycle we need to find liberty candidates who are running against the establishment and put our dollars to work. We should choose 2 Senators and 4 Congresspersons to fund. We have to come to a consensus on this; a co-ordinated attack against the establishment. Preferably candidates who will endorse Rand in 2020. Remember when Ron had a questionnaire he would give candidates before he would endorse them? Maybe Campaign for Liberty has something. In fact, maybe C4L will work with us.

That's my plan, and I hope you're on board. We need thousands to get involved. It's really not a lot of when. Once a week make phone calls, donate once a year and occasionally promote on social media.

Thoughts?

thoughtomator
02-13-2016, 12:05 AM
Rand doesn't want to be President. The sooner people wrap their heads around that and move forward with a different plan, the better off we will be.

MelissaCato
02-13-2016, 12:06 AM
Ron Paul 2016 !!!!

Origanalist
02-13-2016, 12:28 AM
As of right now I'm out. I had to push myself as it was because the rest of the field sucked so hard, I'm not liking one damn thing I'm seeing and I don't know if I'm in for the future at this point.

groverblue
02-13-2016, 01:09 AM
I'm calling everyone of you out on this. Bullshit. Rand, Justin, and Thomas are busting their ass every day fighting for your rights. All we have to do is sit on our fucking asses and make a dozen call each week, and throw a few bucks to a liberty candidate once in while. That's really not too much to ask.

Look, I know. I'm tired, too. But look at what we've accomplished. Trump and Cruz might be fakes, but the masses think they are true anti-establishment. We did that. We just haven't been controlling the media to give our candidate a voice, that's all. So, let's control what we can. Push legislation and run liberty candidates.

And when 2020 rolls around we'll have 4 years of liberty candidates endorsing Rand. 4 years of organic media coverage making Rand (or whomever!) a household name.

And when 2020 rolls around, we'll run a libertarian preacher for Iowa. A libertarian maverick for New Hampshire. A libertarian Southern Charmer for South Carolina. A libertarian gambler for Nevada. Just like the establishment floods the candidate pool, so will we. So, get off your asses and let's start finding our candidates from each of those states.

PaulConventionWV
02-13-2016, 02:10 AM
I'm calling everyone of you out on this. Bullshit. Rand, Justin, and Thomas are busting their ass every day fighting for your rights. All we have to do is sit on our fucking asses and make a dozen call each week, and throw a few bucks to a liberty candidate once in while. That's really not too much to ask.

Look, I know. I'm tired, too. But look at what we've accomplished. Trump and Cruz might be fakes, but the masses think they are true anti-establishment. We did that. We just haven't been controlling the media to give our candidate a voice, that's all. So, let's control what we can. Push legislation and run liberty candidates.

And when 2020 rolls around we'll have 4 years of liberty candidates endorsing Rand. 4 years of organic media coverage making Rand (or whomever!) a household name.

And when 2020 rolls around, we'll run a libertarian preacher for Iowa. A libertarian maverick for New Hampshire. A libertarian Southern Charmer for South Carolina. A libertarian gambler for Nevada. Just like the establishment floods the candidate pool, so will we. So, get off your asses and let's start finding our candidates from each of those states.

My advice? Don't waste your time and money. It's one thing to talk about politics and philosophy, it's another to think you can actually change it. Face it, what we've done is nothing. A few dozen calls and a few hundred more bucks out of your pocket, while having a very slim chance of making some miniscule difference far in the future, is ultimately just not worth it. Keep your hard-earned money and seek to put it to good use helping other good folks who have put their hard-earned money to good use. Don't waste it on the political circus.

When you look back at the end of your life and think about all you've done, will it satisfy you to know that you've spent all this time working toward dubious results and spent all this money on something that you can't really tell if it has had any noticeable impact on the world at all? Or would it satisfy you more to look back on the people you'd helped, the business you'd done to make their lives better instead of focusing on a bunch of talking heads. When it really comes down to it, voting with your feet is the only tried and true method of determining your political fate. So I suggest we live, let live, get out of politics and move to a place where we feel the most free. That's all you can do if you really want freedom in this life. Otherwise, why are you wasting your time?

A libertarian molded stooge for each state... please. Is this your next foolproof jack-in-the-box plan? And if someone feels the need to harass me over posting this, please note we are not in the Rand Paul forums. Also note, if you are inclined to say that I am promoting negativity, that I am actually offering a feasible solution with specific points that can be debated, not a hit piece on positive thinking. I think this is one of the most positive arguments set forth yet.

CPUd
02-13-2016, 02:31 AM
Rand doesn't want to be President. The sooner people wrap their heads around that and move forward with a different plan, the better off we will be.

The unwilling make the best leaders. There will definitely be a Draft Rand movement for 2020, before he can be convinced to run, he will have to see the level of support he was supposed to have this time. Either he runs again or he doesn't, it won't stop people from trying.

groverblue
02-13-2016, 02:41 AM
Well, I'm not giving up. If I have to I'll do it myself. And I'm willing to think outside of the box, and think big. If anyone wants to join me, great, but I'm not waiting around.

invisible
02-13-2016, 05:21 AM
We need to establish a multi-front attack to get Rand elected in 2020.

First, I saw a post on Twitter and Reddit where someone was trying to get movement on "Read the Bills Act", where we basically swarm the phone lines (not email) until it hits the Senate floor. They suggested that we call every committee person every week until it reaches the Senate floor, non-stop (I posted something similar). We can do this for EVERY single piece of legislation that Rand introduces. The way I see it, this will both bring legislation forward that WE want, and pump Rand's name in the media. Four straight year of this.

Second, each election cycle we need to find liberty candidates who are running against the establishment and put our dollars to work. We should choose 2 Senators and 4 Congresspersons to fund. We have to come to a consensus on this; a co-ordinated attack against the establishment. Preferably candidates who will endorse Rand in 2020. Remember when Ron had a questionnaire he would give candidates before he would endorse them? Maybe Campaign for Liberty has something. In fact, maybe C4L will work with us.

That's my plan, and I hope you're on board. We need thousands to get involved. It's really not a lot of when. Once a week make phone calls, donate once a year and occasionally promote on social media.

Thoughts?

It's certainly a good idea to concentrate efforts like that. Much better to have 6 good candidates win, than 20 good candidates lose due to lack of funding. But there are several problems with this. One is that if this is done openly, it becomes easier for "them" to just outfund those candidates. There are also many variables. What sort of opposing candidates are running against the good ones? Local / regional / state issues will also come into play that affect a candidate's ability to get elected. For example, a candidate may have excellent positions on various social issues, but those positions won't play well in some states. There is a lot more to consider in addition to whether or not a candidate is "good".

What about state-level candidates? Here is where we get the most bang for the buck. How many state-level candidates can we get into office, for the same cost of funding two Senate races? These same candidates can then go on to run for Congress in another 2, 4, 6 years. We need to repeat the same path to success that Massie and Amash took, many times over. Perhaps we should be looking at 2 seats at once for each Congressional candidate: find Ron / Rand Paul supporters already in our State Legislatures who would run for open Congressional seats, and also find Ron / Rand Paul supporters to replace them in the State Legislature. I know who the Ron Paul supporters are in my state's capitol. Others are also keeping good track of this info in other states.

PaulConventionWV
02-13-2016, 06:10 AM
Well, I'm not giving up. If I have to I'll do it myself. And I'm willing to think outside of the box, and think big. If anyone wants to join me, great, but I'm not waiting around.

That's fine if you must, but honestly, I don't believe you. I really don't think you'll do it all by yourself. At some point, you'll realize just how fruitless and meaningless a venture it is and turn to other, more productive ventures. I don't think you're willing to be the guy sitting on the sidewalk with a sign who nobody listens to, unless, of course, you ARE that guy.

Nobody wants to work toward a goal that they know will achieve nothing. It's just against human nature and I think it will be much better once people stop acting like martyrs for the cause and realize there's so much more to life than political victories.

When there's an unwinnable fight going on, the best course of action is not to double down your efforts and swear allegiance to the cause of winning, it's to avoid the fight. Get as far away from it as possible, even if it seems impossible to avoid. Eventually, you just need to accept the fact that you can be far more productive in life by spending your time and resources on things that actually help people instead of something that has a history of never accomplishing anything of real value.

LibertyEagle
02-13-2016, 06:58 AM
That's fine if you must, but honestly, I don't believe you. I really don't think you'll do it all by yourself. At some point, you'll realize just how fruitless and meaningless a venture it is and turn to other, more productive ventures. I don't think you're willing to be the guy sitting on the sidewalk with a sign who nobody listens to, unless, of course, you ARE that guy.

Nobody wants to work toward a goal that they know will achieve nothing. It's just against human nature and I think it will be much better once people stop acting like martyrs for the cause and realize there's so much more to life than political victories.

When there's an unwinnable fight going on, the best course of action is not to double down your efforts and swear allegiance to the cause of winning, it's to avoid the fight. Get as far away from it as possible, even if it seems impossible to avoid. Eventually, you just need to accept the fact that you can be far more productive in life by spending your time and resources on things that actually help people instead of something that has a history of never accomplishing anything of real value.

Your relatives were Tories, right?

groverblue
02-13-2016, 11:14 AM
What about state-level candidates? Here is where we get the most bang for the buck. How many state-level candidates can we get into office, for the same cost of funding two Senate races? These same candidates can then go on to run for Congress in another 2, 4, 6 years. We need to repeat the same path to success that Massie and Amash took, many times over. Perhaps we should be looking at 2 seats at once for each Congressional candidate: find Ron / Rand Paul supporters already in our State Legislatures who would run for open Congressional seats, and also find Ron / Rand Paul supporters to replace them in the State Legislature. I know who the Ron Paul supporters are in my state's capitol. Others are also keeping good track of this info in other states.

Sounds like a plan.

invisible
02-13-2016, 05:51 PM
Sounds like a plan.

It is also easier to move people up through the ranks, rather than trying to jump in at the top and "cut in line without waiting your turn". Massie is positioned for mitch's Senate seat when he retires. Amash will probably have to wait longer than Massie, and he didn't think he had a good shot at it last time around. But surely we have plenty of other opportunities to advance good candidates this year.

Do we have OPEN Senate seats in states where there are decent Congressmen who could have a shot at moving up?
What states have OPEN Congressional seats this year? Who is already running for them?
Of those open seats, which primaries do we have the best shot at winning?
Do we have Ron / Rand Paul supporters in the State Legislatures for those districts, who are willing to run?
Do we have Ron / Rand Paul supporters in those state-level districts to try to replace them?
What other state-level OPEN seats are available, and can we get Ron / Rand Paul supporters to run?
What local-level OPEN seats are available, and can we get Ron / Rand Paul supporters to run?
Can we still get people on the ballot before the filing deadlines in these states?

I know jurgs01 is tracking a lot of this very closely and will have a lot of info, he needs to be made aware of this discussion. WilliamTell has a lot of info for TX, and keeps close track of things there. We have something like 35+ open state-level seats here in OK this year, but I don't have word yet on who is running that's any good - scrosnoe will probably have better info than me on that at the present time. What other states do we have good info for, or can get good info quickly? The ball can still be moved a good distance down the field in 2016, even without a Presidential candidate, but filing deadlines have probably already passed in many places.

PaulConventionWV
02-13-2016, 06:42 PM
Your relatives were Tories, right?

Umm, I don't think so. I've never advocated monarchy and my family has only been in the US for a couple of generations, so... not sure what Tories have to do with anything.

willwash
02-13-2016, 07:05 PM
You have to wait and see who wins in 2016. If it's Trump (or whoever the GOP nominee turns out to be) Rand won't have a chance.

The Rebel Poet
02-14-2016, 12:13 AM
My advice? Don't waste your time and money. It's one thing to talk about politics and philosophy, it's another to think you can actually change it. Face it, what we've done is nothing. A few dozen calls and a few hundred more bucks out of your pocket, while having a very slim chance of making some miniscule difference far in the future, is ultimately just not worth it. Keep your hard-earned money and seek to put it to good use helping other good folks who have put their hard-earned money to good use. Don't waste it on the political circus.

When you look back at the end of your life and think about all you've done, will it satisfy you to know that you've spent all this time working toward dubious results and spent all this money on something that you can't really tell if it has had any noticeable impact on the world at all? Or would it satisfy you more to look back on the people you'd helped, the business you'd done to make their lives better instead of focusing on a bunch of talking heads. When it really comes down to it, voting with your feet is the only tried and true method of determining your political fate. So I suggest we live, let live, get out of politics and move to a place where we feel the most free. That's all you can do if you really want freedom in this life. Otherwise, why are you wasting your time?

A libertarian molded stooge for each state... please. Is this your next foolproof jack-in-the-box plan? And if someone feels the need to harass me over posting this, please note we are not in the Rand Paul forums. Also note, if you are inclined to say that I am promoting negativity, that I am actually offering a feasible solution with specific points that can be debated, not a hit piece on positive thinking. I think this is one of the most positive arguments set forth yet.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

PaulConventionWV
02-14-2016, 02:19 AM
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

And, as we can see, it ends up happening anyway.

Although I would be careful with the word "inferiors." Establishment stooges are actually quite intelligent. They are just as intelligent as the most intelligent among us, it's just that they have different values. That is something we can't help. They won the battle for power because they're more ambitious.

I think the penalties for not participating in politics are about the same as the penalties for participating, but the potential benefits of not participating way outweigh the potential benefits of participating.

Makes Interesting Points
02-22-2016, 08:07 AM
We need some sort of viral website or internet leader that tells everyone in the liberty movement what to do at a given time. All these ideas seem to be scattered around the internet too much. Without a central command though, I'll still participate in what I see that won't require a massive amount of people for me to have a shot at making a difference.

groverblue
02-22-2016, 08:42 PM
We need some sort of viral website or internet leader that tells everyone in the liberty movement what to do at a given time. All these ideas seem to be scattered around the internet too much. Without a central command though, I'll still participate in what I see that won't require a massive amount of people for me to have a shot at making a difference.

I'm working on something, but I work 50+ hours/week, so the development is going slow (only a couple hours/week). It's not a RPF replacement, but rather a compliment to RPF to provide info/resources. May take me a few months.

Dianne
02-22-2016, 08:49 PM

I agree with you. Rand is not his Dad, and we have to stop the illusion that he is. He's content being a Senator, and he's doing a damn good job in that role so let's stop pressuring him to be something he is not............ RON PAUL, he is not.

UtahApocalypse
02-22-2016, 09:57 PM
I plan to be on City Council, or a City Commission by 2020. That's my plan.

PaulConventionWV
02-23-2016, 05:48 PM
My plan is to have done tangible good for the world.

CPUd
02-23-2016, 07:00 PM
I agree with you. Rand is not his Dad, and we have to stop the illusion that he is. He's content being a Senator, and he's doing a damn good job in that role so let's stop pressuring him to be something he is not............ RON PAUL, he is not.

There will definitely be pressure starting in a year or 2. This much is guaranteed.

http://i.imgur.com/jffjYua.png
https://teespring.com/rand-paul-2020