PDA

View Full Version : DNC chair admits Super delegates are there to protect the elite.

Feelgood
02-12-2016, 09:36 PM
http://truthinmedia.com/dnc-chair-superdelegates-protect-party-leaders-from-grassroots-competition/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=nl

And the truth comes out!

Love it!!

Son_of_Liberty90
02-12-2016, 10:41 PM
Well, there it is. At least we have an admission. Lot of people in the youtube comments were catching on.

Cabal
02-12-2016, 11:58 PM
What's this? Liberals suddenly don't like it when a centralized, monopolistic organization interferes with what was otherwise understood to be a free, democratic process in order to coercively prop up pre-selected special interests so they can beat out their competitors?

Consistency has always been an issue for these people...

otherone
02-13-2016, 07:40 AM
Looks like the "demo" should be changed to "pluto"

georgiaboy
02-13-2016, 08:03 AM
ben swann has a reality check at the link. good to see him still banging the drum.

ChristianAnarchist
02-13-2016, 08:50 AM
"It's a big club, and you aren't in it..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KReZyAZLI0

ZENemy
02-13-2016, 10:22 AM
just gotta get the right guy in there....oh wait

Will voting harder fix this?

There is no goverment there are just men and women forcing us to pay them.

idiom
02-13-2016, 03:52 PM
just gotta get the right guy in there....oh wait

Will voting harder fix this?

How far is not voting getting you?

What's this? Liberals suddenly don't like it when a centralized, monopolistic organization interferes with what was otherwise understood to be a free, democratic process in order to coercively prop up pre-selected special interests so they can beat out their competitors?

Consistency has always been an issue for these people...

God NO. Half the problem with American democracy is the confusion between the democratic process and internal party politics.

The Primary process should be of no concern to the public, it shouldn't be covered by the media and it shouldn't be funded or controlled by the state.

The sheer volume of attention given to internal party business is what chokes out third parties and kills the democratic process. Primaries are not supposed to be democratic or free and fair. They are processes set up by private organisations and should be run any way the leadership of that organisation sees fit.

Slave Mentality
02-14-2016, 07:05 AM

It's getting him to the exact same place as if he voted hard every time. You still think that you have a choice. He is realistic.

P3ter_Griffin
02-14-2016, 09:39 AM

God NO. Half the problem with American democracy is the confusion between the democratic process and internal party politics.

The Primary process should be of no concern to the public, it shouldn't be covered by the media and it shouldn't be funded or controlled by the state.

The sheer volume of attention given to internal party business is what chokes out third parties and kills the democratic process. Primaries are not supposed to be democratic or free and fair. They are processes set up by private organisations and should be run any way the leadership of that organisation sees fit.

It makes no sense to do it how they have it set up either, unless of course you have super delegates to make the outcome as if you didn't have a primary anyways... It is quite genius how they got the American public wrapped up in this. The libertarian party should take note.

ZENemy
02-14-2016, 10:11 AM

It got me as far as Ron Paul did with over 30 years of voting, which is nowhere...and he was even already on the inside.

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-echochambers-27074746

The US is dominated by a rich and powerful elite.
So concludes a recent study by Princeton University Prof Martin Gilens and Northwestern University Prof Benjamin I Page.
This is not news, you say.
Perhaps, but the two professors have conducted exhaustive research to try to present data-driven support for this conclusion. Here's how they explain it:
Multivariate analysis indicates that economic elites and organised groups representing business interests have substantial independent impacts on US government policy, while average citizens and mass-based interest groups have little or no independent influence.
In English: the wealthy few move policy, while the average American has little power.
The two professors came to this conclusion after reviewing answers to 1,779 survey questions asked between 1981 and 2002 on public policy issues. They broke the responses down by income level, and then determined how often certain income levels and organised interest groups saw their policy preferences enacted.
"A proposed policy change with low support among economically elite Americans (one-out-of-five in favour) is adopted only about 18% of the time," they write, "while a proposed change with high support (four-out-of-five in favour) is adopted about 45% of the time."
On the other hand:
When a majority of citizens disagrees with economic elites and/or with organised interests, they generally lose. Moreover, because of the strong status quo bias built into the US political system, even when fairly large majorities of Americans favour policy change, they generally do not get it.

ZENemy
02-14-2016, 10:17 AM

I also lack the right to legitimize via voting the ability to rob another human by gunpoint.

If I cannot go across the street and demand my neighbors money by force then I cannot do it by electing someone to do it for me. Voting would be empowering those that feel they been delegated rights that never existed.

idiom
02-14-2016, 06:39 PM
I also lack the right to legitimize via voting the ability to rob another human by gunpoint.

If I cannot go across the street and demand my neighbors money by force then I cannot do it by electing someone to do it for me. Voting would be empowering those that feel they been delegated rights that never existed.

Oh you are one of those.

ShaneEnochs
02-14-2016, 07:05 PM
I'm a Bernie supporter, and this woman is despicable, but that's not what she's saying. She's saying that they exist so party leaders can be delegates without forcing out grassroots people, because if you have a party leader and some no-name person trying to be a delegate, the party leader will win every time.

That being said, super delegates are still stupid as hell and the DNC should absolutely do away with them. But political parties are clubs, not democratic institutions, so I guess they can pretty much do whatever they want.