PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone thought about having meetup groups "Christmas Caroling"......

bulloncoins
12-07-2007, 09:56 AM
It would be a good way to get people who are shy about going door to door involved, and might spread alot of good cheer for Dr. Paul.

Think about it, your doorbell rings, you open it up to find 10 or 15 carolers in Ron Paul shirts smiling and singing songs. They could hand out slim jims and such also.

What do you guys think?

Steve4RP
12-07-2007, 10:04 AM
My singing would likely cause him to lose votes...but it is a fun idea.

bulloncoins
12-07-2007, 10:07 AM
My singing would likely cause him to lose votes...but it is a fun idea.

You know, it kind of like when you are in church.....It doesn't really matter if you can't sign that well.....If the group is big enough your voices will all blen together and will sound good enough.

;)

micahnelson
12-07-2007, 10:14 AM
Empty Sidewalks, quiet sidewalks
Children trapped in their homes.
As the swat teams patrol through the suburbs.
Sundown curfew, they will search you
If you step out of line.
If you struggle you'll certainly see...

Simple Cells. Simple Cells.
Hidden deep under the city.
No Phone Call, worst of all.
No one knows its Christmas Day!

Happy Winter Interval From the United Unions of Freedom!

Kade
12-07-2007, 10:17 AM
Empty Sidewalks, quiet sidewalks
Children trapped in their homes.
As the swat teams patrol through the suburbs.
Sundown curfew, they will search you
If you step out of line.
If you struggle you'll certainly see...

Simple Cells. Simple Cells.
Hidden deep under the city.
No Phone Call, worst of all.
No one knows its Christmas Day!

Happy Winter Interval From the United Unions of Freedom!

You captured the eerie redefining that scares me... The United Unions of Freedom. Much in the manner of the Patriot Act... what you don't support the Unions of Freedom?! You must hate freedom!

I seriously doubt anything will happen to Christmas, if anything it will be a mandated holiday. You must go shop, you must stick pagan symbols in your house, unless you sign this affidavit declaring you one of the "unbelievers" who don't value their freedoms by loving the government.

bulloncoins
12-07-2007, 10:23 AM
I understand the sentiment here...I really do.....

However, I think we would win alot more hearts and minds with "Jingle Bells" and "Deck the Halls"....you know....

and a simple slim jim.......I think it would spread "goodwill toward men", and help show not all of Dr. Paul's supporters are "anarchists" as the media tries to paint us.

uncloned21
12-07-2007, 10:26 AM
lol.

Politicallore
12-07-2007, 10:27 AM
would carol come?

bulloncoins
I just found this link in another sub-forum.

Sorry, I didn't realize it was there. I guess this isn't a new idea afterall. :o

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=531864#post531864

Infact, I like their "Christmas Carol Paul " idea even more!

micahnelson
You captured the eerie redefining that scares me... The United Unions of Freedom. Much in the manner of the Patriot Act... what you don't support the Unions of Freedom?! You must hate freedom!

I seriously doubt anything will happen to Christmas, if anything it will be a mandated holiday. You must go shop, you must stick pagan symbols in your house, unless you sign this affidavit declaring you one of the "unbelievers" who don't value their freedoms by loving the government.

Its a tough call, on one side Organized religion is good for big governments because it gives another reason to hold to the state. "You can't oppose thing king, he was divinely appointed by God!"

On the other side, it creates an extra-governmental allegiance that could be used against them or their authority. "Genocide is immoral"

So, the tactic would be to keep the symbols but lose the morals. Maybe along the lines of using God Bless America, in God we trust, One Nation under God to justify an aggressive invasion of a country that posed no direct threat.

micahnelson
12-07-2007, 10:28 AM
I was kidding about the creepy carols by the way. Thats a good way to look insane. Could be a funny video though.

dshields
12-07-2007, 10:33 AM
Better bring your own Hot chocolate! LOL.

smtwngrl
12-07-2007, 10:40 AM
Has anyone thought about having meetup groups Christmas Caroling?

Yes, I've been thinking about this idea. :D Traditional Christmas Caroling, and then hand out slim jims afterwards. I asked my husband what he thought of it, and he thought I was crazy. ;) (But of course, I love Christmas Caroling, and he's not so enthusiastic.)

I think I will suggest it to the Meetup Group, though.

micahnelson
12-07-2007, 10:42 AM
Only problem is that people don't like Christmas caroling anymore. Id be all for it though.

Christmas caroling was popular when people didn't have TV's and Radios. Now we hear christmas songs 24/7 and no one wants to stand, let alone stand at the door, to hear more.

Sad but true, some traditions get changed by society. Maybe we could make virtual carolers that went viral online? Or how about calling people and singing?

bulloncoins
12-07-2007, 10:44 AM
I just put up a thread on the message board of the Houston meetup group. We will see if anyone is interested. I think it would be alot of fun.

When is the last time someone came to your door singing Christmas Carols?

For me it was about 1979.......:D

hopeforamerica
12-07-2007, 11:39 AM
Only problem is that people don't like Christmas caroling anymore. Id be all for it though.

Christmas caroling was popular when people didn't have TV's and Radios. Now we hear christmas songs 24/7 and no one wants to stand, let alone stand at the door, to hear more.

Sad but true, some traditions get changed by society. Maybe we could make virtual carolers that went viral online? Or how about calling people and singing?

I disagree. I think it would be so cool to have some show up at my door! It's never happened and I think it would be nostalgic!!! Maybe we just have to chose the right neighborhoods to do it in. One song per house would be appropriate. I'm going to see what my meetup group thinks. It could be fun, and build morale with the group.

Kade
12-07-2007, 12:06 PM
I disagree. I think it would be so cool to have some show up at my door! It's never happened and I think it would be nostalgic!!! Maybe we just have to chose the right neighborhoods to do it in. One song per house would be appropriate. I'm going to see what my meetup group thinks. It could be fun, and build morale with the group.

He said people, not you. I agree with him, cheerful groups of religious folk screaming Figgy pudding near my house would get hosed.

hopeforamerica
12-07-2007, 12:12 PM
He said people, not you. I agree with him, cheerful groups of religious folk screaming Figgy pudding near my house would get hosed.

I still think most of MY neighborhood would love it! That's why I said chose a neighborhood that would be receptive. My neighborhood is mostly families and would love the traditional stuff. Soooo, we'll avoid your house, you don't have to answer the door you know.

jgmaynard
12-07-2007, 12:14 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=531864#post531864

Infact, I like their "Christmas Carol Paul " idea even more!

Hey, TY! I'm the one who came up with the "Christmas Carol Paul" idea. :D

The idea for those who haven't seen it is to go door-to-door singing Christmas carols, while handing out slimjims and a copy of Carol Paul's Holiday cookie recipe on a little bio card of her. We tell the press that we are doing it to "introduce our choice for First Lady to the American people."

:D

JM

McDermit
12-07-2007, 12:15 PM
:rolleyes:

I think most older people would love it. Kids too. And any friendly family. Obviously, we have some grinches out there... but overall, I think it would go over really well. Everyone around my neighborhood would get a kick out of it... although we'd be competing with my neighbors' annoying flashing light display. (Those things that coordinate Christmas lights to music are the worst invention ever!)

Maybe even instead of door to door'ing it, just carol outside malls in the days leading up to the holidays? All in RP shirts, and have lit available for anyone who passes.

jgmaynard
12-07-2007, 12:23 PM
Malls are great, but it's door-to-door caroling that the media is really gonna love.

Do we have enough info on Carol to make a little bio blurb for her? What do you folks know about her?

JM

micahnelson
12-07-2007, 12:25 PM
Yet another reason why we don't do things from the top down. Midwest and Southern states you better be singing your pants off. In New England, we are gonna have to do it a little differently.

jgmaynard
12-07-2007, 12:35 PM
Yet another reason why we don't do things from the top down. Midwest and Southern states you better be singing your pants off. In New England, we are gonna have to do it a little differently.

How so? Can you elaborate?

JM

Kade
12-07-2007, 02:42 PM
I still think most of MY neighborhood would love it! That's why I said chose a neighborhood that would be receptive. My neighborhood is mostly families and would love the traditional stuff. Soooo, we'll avoid your house, you don't have to answer the door you know.

Should be easy to find, it's the one with all the death threats on the front porch, flaming shitbombs, toilet paper, and eggs yolk on it. Seriously, I love you Christians.

unklejman
12-07-2007, 03:44 PM
Should be easy to find, it's the one with all the death threats on the front porch, flaming shitbombs, toilet paper, and eggs yolk on it. Seriously, I love you Christians.

lolwut?

I like this idea. I just wonder if I could get the rest of my group to participate. Maybe even throw in a few instruments.